Eric? Update as promised?

Arandem

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Says the person that keeps responding to my posts with as long, if not longer, answers...

As usual, replies in red.

Well Oddball, our tête-à-tête have been fun, but I'm going to declare victory and move on. I am cautiously optimistic - well maybe I should be skeptical - that Bioware will finally deliver what I and many others have been searching for.

You seem like a decent enough guy and from time-to-time I actually agree with your opinion on other issues, but for the life of me I can't understand why this issue would matter to you. But oh well.

Well Oddball, our tête-à-tête have been fun, but I'm going to declare victory and move on. I am cautiously optimistic - well maybe I should be skeptical - that Bioware will finally deliver what I and many others have been searching for.

You seem like a decent enough guy and from time-to-time I actually agree with your opinion on other issues, but for the life of me I can't understand why this issue would matter to you. But oh well.

Oh wow, I didn't know we could just declare ourself victors in discussions on the forums. That would have made so many arguments so much easier.

Bioware will most likely incorporate a KotOR-esque jedi outfit in the cartel market or cartel packs sometime in the future. This I am sure of since they are bringing in more and more outfits from KotOR and TSL.

I am, however, not so sure that it will live up to your "requirements" for it to be a "traditional" jedi outfit.

I mean, the Jolee Bindo outfit was not to the pleasing of most of the people in the So BW can we expect iconic Jedi outfits anytime soon ? -eric- ? thread, so I wouldn't hold much hope of the other outfits in the game being "up to snuff" so to speak.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

In talking to the Cartel Market team we also have two more “traditional” Jedi armor sets in the works. One you will see in a future pack… and another which will be a direct sale item. You should see both of these within a few Game Updates from now, I don’t have exact timing at this moment.

I hope that answers your question!

-eric

all im reading is cartel market money cartel market money cartel market

all im reading is cartel market money cartel market money cartel market

What I'm reading is "survival of the game survival of the game survival of the game"...

You are aware that you don't have to buy the outfits with cartel coins right?

You can still buy them on the GTN since people will put them up there for in-game profit.

You know...Oddball. Im surprised you havent been slapped with some infractions for the trolling...Youre targeting any thread that regards the Jedi Robes issues and making it a point to derail them with attacks, gross generalization and attempts to alter the topic by bringing up subjects that arent inherent to the thread title..Im shocked at the level of tolerance those you are attacking and trolling are exhibiting.

As for the Topic. Im glad to hear theyre finally bringing in some quality traditional Jedi minded gear. i cant wait to buy some for my Main and Kira to run around Tython and Fleet in.

You know...Oddball. Im surprised you havent been slapped with some infractions for the trolling...Youre targeting any thread that regards the Jedi Robes issues and making it a point to derail them with attacks, gross generalization and attempts to alter the topic by bringing up subjects that arent inherent to the thread title..Im shocked at the level of tolerance those you are attacking and trolling are exhibiting.

As for the Topic. Im glad to hear theyre finally bringing in some quality traditional Jedi minded gear. i cant wait to buy some for my Main and Kira to run around Tython and Fleet in.

When did I go off-topic?

Also, my argument with Sportiva is something that has carried over from the other, earlier, thread on the subject.

A thread which I referred the OP to btw, so that there wouldn't be two threads on the same subject to avoid things like that happening, but that seems to be lost on everyone.

But do please inform me of when I have been trolling and when I have gone off topic.

Hey everyone!

As requested, here is an update on “traditional” robes being brought into SWTOR. I think the first thing that is important to realize is that traditional can mean different things to different people. Although I know many folks are looking for the “Obi Wan” appearance, we won’t just copy and paste that in. With that being said, we have already brought some armor into the game that is a bit more traditional, such as Relnex set in the Supreme Mogul’s pack. In talking to the Cartel Market team we also have two more “traditional” Jedi armor sets in the works. One you will see in a future pack… and another which will be a direct sale item. You should see both of these within a few Game Updates from now, I don’t have exact timing at this moment.

-eric

Honestly, is anyone on your art team actually star wars fans? New's flash, the Obi-Wan get up is considered traditional. Even Obsidian was smart enough to figure that out with KOTOR 2. Granted, I don't think anyone here is asking directly for a copy paste...but I think its pretty damn obvious that most fans want basic things from jedi gear...like ya know, robes with long sleeves and the belt on the inside of the damn robe. Who's idea was it to put the belt on the outside of all these robes? It looks idiotic...And why is every robe short sleeved? I will give your art team credit on the conqueror jedi gear though. Probably the closest to the gear worn under the robes by jedi.

For the most part though I actually wonder if anyone on your art team even knows what star wars is since the majority of the gear, both jedi and non jedi looks nothing like star wars attire.

Edited by Raansu

Well... you can farm creds and then buy it on GTN. Ends up the same thing, only that while you farm the cash by doing daily quests you also get a chance to earn rep. It's not perfect, but you know what they say - devs gotta eat too.

well, I bought the $150.00 Collectors Edition, and I also Sub $15.00 a month. I would like to see more in game stuff and not 100% of crap in the CM.

I know we get a CM grant of 500CM coins a month, I do not think it justifies 15.00 a month. I would like to see the CM grant increased.

Honestly, is anyone on your art team actually star wars fans? New's flash, the Obi-Wan get up is considered traditional. Even Obsidian was smart enough to figure that out with KOTOR 2. Granted, I don't think anyone here is asking directly for a copy paste...but I think its pretty damn obvious that most fans want basic things from jedi gear...like ya know, robes with long sleeves and the belt on the inside of the damn robe. Who's idea was it to put the belt on the outside of all these robes? It looks idiotic...And why is every robe short sleeved? I will give your art team credit on the conqueror jedi gear though. Probably the closest to the gear worn under the robes by jedi.

For the most part though I actually wonder if anyone on your art team even knows what star wars is since the majority of the gear, both jedi and non jedi looks nothing like star wars attire.

I am pretty sure that the belt issue & short sleeves are both the result of clipping issues. The belt issue was seemingly resolved with Valiant armor set, even though lightsabers still clip through. I'm sure that bothers some, but I can certainly tolerate it. Looks a heck of a lot better than the clipping issues with mounts.

The long sleeves clipping issue was hopefully resolved with the Ragnos set.

What I'm reading is "survival of the game survival of the game survival of the game"...

You are aware that you don't have to buy the outfits with cartel coins right?

You can still buy them on the GTN since people will put them up there for in-game profit.

So you agree that the cartel market is basically life support for this game

So you agree that the cartel market is basically life support for this game

Well, when a game is free to play, it must generate its income from somewhere.

Or do you suggest that the devs work for free?

Because it was painfully obvious that the number of subs couldn't sustain the game as it was before.

But lets turn that around shall we?

Do you also call subscriptions "life support"?

Well, at least the robe people got an answer.

Us "Class Story" people are so boned... :(

Just because you "class story" people didn't get the answer you wanted, doesn't mean they didn't give you one.

I've seen them say no several times, and people just rage and create more threads saying WHERZ DA CLAZ STORY BIOWARE???

They said no more. Let it go.

Hey everyone!

As requested, here is an update on “traditional” robes being brought into SWTOR. I think the first thing that is important to realize is that traditional can mean different things to different people. Although I know many folks are looking for the “Obi Wan” appearance, we won’t just copy and paste that in. With that being said, we have already brought some armor into the game that is a bit more traditional, such as Relnex set in the Supreme Mogul’s pack. In talking to the Cartel Market team we also have two more “traditional” Jedi armor sets in the works. One you will see in a future pack… and another which will be a direct sale item. You should see both of these within a few Game Updates from now, I don’t have exact timing at this moment.

-eric

Any chance of having cool, desirable armor sets added to the game through means *other than* the Cartel Market?

Well, when a game is free to play, it must generate its income from somewhere.

Or do you suggest that the devs work for free?

Because it was painfully obvious that the number of subs couldn't sustain the game as it was before.

But lets turn that around shall we?

Do you also call subscriptions "life support"?

The game is supported both by subscriptions and by the cartel market, and it would be nice if some of the cool things that the designers work on would be made available to subscribers without making them pay for them on the cartel market, or via the inflated prices on the GTN.

So, is he saying they won't "copy and paste" the Obi-Wan look that people were asking for and posting all sorts of pictures of? What makes you guys keep thinking we'll love your "Bioware it!" version better than the stuff that's got a zillion-post request thread?

I'm just trying to imagine what Bioware's version of Obi-Wan's outfit is going to look like......obviously a backpack of some sort, with blinking lights........large shoulderpads......no, a single large shoulderpad, the other shoulder is bare....and it clips, badly......boots go well up the thigh, skin tight too, of course.....robe tucked into the belt.....definitely hood up since it's for a Jedi Knight......

Yeah, we're going to love whatever it is you're doing to Obi-Wan's outfit.....because that's what everyone's asking for....

So, is he saying they won't "copy and paste" the Obi-Wan look that people were asking for and posting all sorts of pictures of? What makes you guys keep thinking we'll love your "Bioware it!" version better than the stuff that's got a zillion-post request thread?

I'm just trying to imagine what Bioware's version of Obi-Wan's outfit is going to look like......obviously a backpack of some sort, with blinking lights........large shoulderpads......no, a single large shoulderpad, the other shoulder is bare....and it clips, badly......boots go well up the thigh, skin tight too, of course.....robe tucked into the belt.....definitely hood up since it's for a Jedi Knight......

Yeah, we're going to love whatever it is you're doing to Obi-Wan's outfit.....because that's what everyone's asking for....

Wrong timeline. There is no Obi-Wan in this timeline of the SW universe.

Which is probably why he made it pretty clear that they are NOT going to copy movie outfits into this particular chunk of SW IP. Much more likely that we see KOTOR styles then styles from the movies.

No, no, no... the real sticking point is figuring out how to attach a butt-flap to rboes.