The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Shoulder Slam - most useless skill ever

ZeusThunder

Slams into the target with a rocket-propelled shoulder charge, dealing 3684 - 3837 kinetic damage to weak and standard targets or 2631 - 2784 kinetic damage to strong targets. Only usable on incapacitated targets.

Meaning stunned targets, so yes you can use it against players. It also has a higher base damage than Rail Shot. So no its not useless.

came here just to see if anyone else was having this issue in pvp, guess its either the tooltip is wrong, or its bugged.

run up to a cc'd player, shoulder slam does not become available.

it isnt needed in the situations where it can be used, and against a target where you would want a heavy hitting ability (bosses or players) its a no go. really whats the point?

Edited by blackhumbug

Replace it with 'Emergency Switch' - Catapulting the Bounty Hunter backwards into the next Sarlacc.

At least that one would have some kind of sense, we could make funny videos with it.

Shoulder Slam. THE BUTTON. It does NOTHING.

A skill with limited usefulness in specific areas doesn't make it a bad skill. I use it every time its off cd while leveling. Its a great tool. Try not to decide it's usefulness with blinders on.

Those normal mobs are tough right? Totally agree...

/sigh

Just acquired Shoulder Slam last night. If I remember right, it's @ level 34 or 35 and cost about 12K to train. I recalled reading this thread and was anxious to try it out, especially after reading the description and the high amount of damage it was supposed to cause.

1) Must be used within 4m. In line with most of our melee abilities, but it's just another one of those things where if you're standing @ 4.1m, it's not going to work.

2) Standard/weak targets only. Another very limiting factor.

3) Target must already be incapped/stunned.

This is a very situational attack with a long cooldown that does a suspect amount of kinetic damage. It seems as though it should be available for use just as often as Rail Shot, but it isn't. It also does about 1/2 the damage. I'll keep it on my toolbar for now, but it seems like a pretty useless ability to me. Don't hold your breath waiting for it to be useable, because you'll just be starting at a blacked-out icon for most of the battle.

Edited by TheronFett

I have to agree with the people who think this skill is currently kinda meh. Sure I use it when its off CD but I hope they will change it to use on all Mobs/players. If they have to drop the damage down a notch I would be fine with that but that would give me another reliable option that I can count on in any situation when needed.

I honestly don´t know , cause the damage is not high enough to warrant it to not be used on bosses or player ...

The negativity of must be stunned incapacitated etc and 45 second cooldown .

Doesn´t warrant it to not be used on players or bosses .

Sorry it hit slightly more then my rocket punch , less then the channeling abilities .

2nd issue I have is that of Death from Above , please remove the freaking too close issue.

Cause it is pointless anyway as players can use it next to the target and still let it splash .

the 1 min cooldown again , makes that too close redundant .

It is issue like this that makes me wonder how the heck the DEV balance things .

And railshot once having damage increase and armor reduction infact hit as hard as Shoulder slam .

I honestly don´t know , cause the damage is not high enough to warrant it to not be used on bosses or player ...

The negativity of must be stunned incapacitated etc and 45 second cooldown .

Doesn´t warrant it to not be used on players or bosses .

Sorry it hit slightly more then my rocket punch , less then the channeling abilities .

2nd issue I have is that of Death from Above , please remove the freaking too close issue.

Cause it is pointless anyway as players can use it next to the target and still let it splash .

the 1 min cooldown again , makes that too close redundant .

It is issue like this that makes me wonder how the heck the DEV balance things .

And railshot once having damage increase and armor reduction infact hit as hard as Shoulder slam .

Well my Rocket Punch hit more on strong mobs as a Shield Tech...

And yes I agree, "Too close" is garbage as it is now. But just like Grapple/Oil slick/Flame Sweep/Heat Blast I guess we will have to make up our mind that devs don't care...

Every class has these skills, and they do not work in pvp.

They are designed so that as the relative stats of mobs increase, you can still clear packs easily. I find the skills really useful on my guardian (as a BH, you have no idea what "low damage" really means), not so much on my PT.