Black/Black Dye

VitalityPrime

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice to hear what ground content is being planned with all money we are spending on the CM. I was excited about GS but after playing it on the PTS I really don't think I'll be spending a lot of time with it (until they release a pve version). Every planet should have endgame dailies and heroics and every endgame FP should have a role neutral option (that way you can solo them if it takes too long to find a group and yes, scale down the loot).

now why would they do that if people are willing to pay 1000?

Exactly. Why charge less or change how the dyes work or make them more available when people have proven over and over that they are willing to pay 8-12 dollars for a single use dye.

Players are supporting the high prices so there is no reason to change anything.

Awesome. Now please make it like 20 CC instead of something stupidly overpriced too try to milk the community.

1000 coin is not a lot. I'm sorry if you can't afford to buy them with CCs, but you can grind up the credits and buy them off the GTN.

And if you find 'that' to be too hard, then maybe you don't need that dye as much as you think you do.

Yup! In fact I actually just got the entire schedule:

Black // Dark Purple - 11AM CST Tuesday 11/26 - 11AM CST Wednesday 11/27

Black // White - 11AM CST Wednesday 11/27 - 11AM CST Thursday 11/28

White // White - 11AM CST Thursday 11/28 - 11AM CST Friday 11/29

Black // Black - 11AM CST Friday 11/29 - 11AM CST Sunday 12/1

White // Black - 11AM CST Sunday 12/1 - Maintenance on Tuesday 12/3

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Good to know. Of course i'll probably not be getting any for at least a day or two since i'll wait to see what the price on the GTN ends up being.

More power to those who can afford it, but the CC prices from my perspective are high enough that almost the only things i ever purchase with CCs are the legacy unlocks for items, and all actual items i get i purchase on the GTN. Admittedly i was spoiled by a previous game where all Cartel Market style transactions were account-wide unlocks for anything that wasn't single use. Edit: And by single use i mean items like stims and xp boosters. Gear and other items similar to dye packs were permanent unlocks by default

Edited by NyxNoxNothing

maybe you can ask porsche and farari to lower their prices simply because you don't agree with their pricing.

Maybe get the price of gold/diamonds dropped as well.

Yeah, I buy gold and jewlery for a living, so I can tell you that the prices in stores are at least 10 times that of the actual value of the item.

But people still happily buy them.

I don't see people picketing outside the jewlery shops telling them that their pricing is outrageous.

What I do see, however, is alot of people who get a shock when they come to us to sell the stuff... Value is just an illusion. Things are worth what we are willing to pay for them, no more and no less.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

to comment on the price and the one time use...

$10 - $20 in todays economy with the dollar at such a low value is not really all that much money for a one time use item, my lunch is usually $10 - $15 and that only tastes good for like 10 minutes then literally turns to crap, compare that to a black / black dye that will make my character look that much more awesome to me for as long as I keep that armor and I feel that is a much better value for $20

and sure you can argue the life sustaining value of food but I don't pay $20 for lunch just to survive, I do it for the taste. if it was just to eat I could probably get away with a $1 - $5 lunch that I thought tasted like crap already :)

I have no interest in black/black.

But could we please have several other combinations that exclude black and white but still look good together?

I mean, purple-pink? Red-green? Really? Are there any gear sets those look good on?

My best friend loves pink so she wouldn't care what outfit it was on. So for her pink and purple are perfect.

So the colors depend on the ones that like colors.

If I remember correctly, the black/black was 2000 CC and the white/white was 1000 CC.

Wasn't black/black more like 3000 or 3200? In any event, it was definitely more than the other color combo that was sold. I remember thinking something like, "wow, that's unreasonably steep".

They just need to add the dyes bought off the CC store to collections or make them reusable, at the very least offer this to subscribers.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind this actually.

As for the pricing... like someone said, 10-20$ aint much...

I buy a burger meal for 10$.

A decent dinner out for 20$.

Neither of those are something I need, and both are one-time uses...

In fact, one could argue that the dye will give me a longer use since it can be used until the game is cancelled as long as you keep using the item it is in.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind this actually.

As for the pricing... like someone said, 10-20$ aint much...

I buy a burger meal for 10$.

A decent dinner out for 20$.

Neither of those are something I need, and both are one-time uses...

In fact, one could argue that the dye will give me a longer use since it can be used until the game is cancelled as long as you keep using the item it is in.

A decent dinner out = An actual real life event, possibly in good company, if you're lucky, sth to be remembered on death bed.

dye module = not even pixels on a fictional avatar in a fictitious world full of people most of whom you'll never even meet in person, but only the possibility to change those pixels' color.

hmmmm...

now why would they do that if people are willing to pay 1000?

Because subscribers deserve some love, that is why. F2P and Preferred should pay the higher prices, not people who have been paying 15 bucks a month for a year or more. One hundred or Two Hundered cc for a dye is plenty for subscribers....not 1000 or 2000. That's is frankly insane, and I say that literally. Until the price is within sanity, I will never be able to get these dyes.

And, you people comparing a one use dye inside a video game to real life things and somehow justifying the insane price that way are frankly nuts. Also, 10-20 dollars IS MUCH! You must all be rich.

My suggestion is to add dyes to collections. Problem solved. ALot of my friends and I discuss that all the time. We would be willing to pay a bit more CC if it unlocked in collections. And, make that unlock subscriber based. Say....500cc to unlock the dye.

Most MMO's dont nickle and dime you about dyes like this one does.You either get it in loot drops or it is craftable.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Because subscribers deserve some love, that is why. F2P and Preferred should pay the higher prices, not people who have been paying 15 bucks a month for a year or more. One hundred or Two Hundered cc for a dye is plenty for subscribers....not 1000 or 2000. That's is frankly insane, and I say that literally. Until the price is within sanity, I will never be able to get these dyes.

Have you considered saving up a few months of your rewarded CC?

And, you people comparing a one use dye inside a video game to real life things and somehow justifying the insane price that way are frankly nuts. Also, 10-20 dollars IS MUCH! You must all be rich.

My suggestion is to add dyes to collections. Problem solved. ALot of my friends and I discuss that all the time. We would be willing to pay a bit more CC if it unlocked in collections. And, make that unlock subscriber based. Say....500cc to unlock the dye.

Most MMO's dont nickle and dime you about dyes like this one does.You either get it in loot drops or it is craftable.

$20 is not a lot.

My 55s are already in the sets that I want for them. Now, if I didn't like the colors for them, then I'd buy a dye ONE TIME and never need to buy another dye for either of them.

A decent dinner out = An actual real life event, possibly in good company, if you're lucky, sth to be remembered on death bed.

dye module = not even pixels on a fictional avatar in a fictitious world full of people most of whom you'll never even meet in person, but only the possibility to change those pixels' color.

hmmmm...

6 months to a year of enjoyment from those pixels. It isn't like these suddenly go poof after a short time. You can keep using it for as long as you don't remove it.

Yup! In fact I actually just got the entire schedule:

Black // Dark Purple - 11AM CST Tuesday 11/26 - 11AM CST Wednesday 11/27

Black // White - 11AM CST Wednesday 11/27 - 11AM CST Thursday 11/28

White // White - 11AM CST Thursday 11/28 - 11AM CST Friday 11/29

Black // Black - 11AM CST Friday 11/29 - 11AM CST Sunday 12/1

White // Black - 11AM CST Sunday 12/1 - Maintenance on Tuesday 12/3

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Why you can not sell them on regular basis? :rak_02: Always and everywhere with additional complexity.

Bioware - do it complicated, but not simpler! :rak_04:

Edited by Glower