Black/Black Dye

VitalityPrime

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because subscribers deserve some love, that is why. F2P and Preferred should pay the higher prices, not people who have been paying 15 bucks a month for a year or more. One hundred or Two Hundered cc for a dye is plenty for subscribers....not 1000 or 2000. That's is frankly insane, and I say that literally. Until the price is within sanity, I will never be able to get these dyes.

And, you people comparing a one use dye inside a video game to real life things and somehow justifying the insane price that way are frankly nuts. Also, 10-20 dollars IS MUCH! You must all be rich.

My suggestion is to add dyes to collections. Problem solved. ALot of my friends and I discuss that all the time. We would be willing to pay a bit more CC if it unlocked in collections. And, make that unlock subscriber based. Say....500cc to unlock the dye.

Most MMO's dont nickle and dime you about dyes like this one does.You either get it in loot drops or it is craftable.

The fact is that selling them directly in the CM drives the in game GTN prices down about 70% for a period of time. So it's good for the game and gives players better access for these rare dyes then if they only drop from packs.

Buy some off the GTN after the CM sale. If you don't have a couple million credits to toss at a dye you desire in this game.. you have bigger economic problems with your play style IMO.

Edited by Andryah

A decent dinner out = An actual real life event, possibly in good company, if you're lucky, sth to be remembered on death bed.

dye module = not even pixels on a fictional avatar in a fictitious world full of people most of whom you'll never even meet in person, but only the possibility to change those pixels' color.

hmmmm...

Well that could apply to everything then. Why even buy a game at all? It's all just pixels and fiction...

Also, I eat alone quite alot since I often eat at restaurants and burgershacks when I'm working.

70% lower. That's just completely false. Show me a screen shot. Or, you know, it didn't happen.

I have characters on The Harbinger and I never saw that.

Andryah, your comments are comical now. Very predictable, but comical. You are giving Copperfield a good run. But based on how prolific you are with the constant flow of ***-hatery, I must give you the edge. Bravo.

But I will make the same request of you that many have made of Sir Copperfield; Give it a rest. I believe you wore out your welcome here long ago. Time for you to move along. Or at least stop with the forum posts. And unlike Copperfield, your forum posts will not be missed.

Good day to you.

inb4 "you can't tell me where I can and cannot post" but in a way that tries to flip it on you and is double the length of your post.

70% lower. That's just completely false. Show me a screen shot. Or, you know, it didn't happen.

Andryah, your comments are comical now. Very predictable, but comical. You are giving Copperfield a good run. But based on how prolific you are with the constant flow of ***-hatery, I must give you the edge. Bravo.

But I will make the same request of you that many have made of Sir Copperfield; Give it a rest. I believe you wore out your welcome here long ago. Time for you to move along. Or at least stop with the forum posts. And unlike Copperfield, your forum posts will not be missed.

Good day to you.

well considering I think the last time I checked the prices were in the 5-7million range for the B/B dye kits, and would drop to around 2million or lower depending on how many flooded the markets.

So if an item lists for 2million that used to list for 8 million thats a 75% price drop. Granted what it LISTS for and what it SELLS for are different but if you are the only one willing to sell a BB 3 months after they were last on-sale and there are only 2 or 3 on the GTN, then you can probably set the market rate around 8-6million which when these go onsale will probably drop to the 2-1.5million depending on how much they are in the CM (figure maintain the 1000:1 ratio).

No it's not false. The Black/Black are currently selling for 6-7M on average right now on Harbinger (there are however two listed atm for a little under 5M). Last time they posted B/B on the CM for sale.. prices dropped to between 1.5 and 2M for a couple weeks after the sale.. on Harbinger.

Sorry Voemel.. but it did happen, and others from Harbinger can validate my statement above. What you allegedly did not see is irrelevant.

Good day to you.

1) personal attacks do not help you in any way with respect to credibility on the topic. They just make you look weak.

2) I personally have never told anyone to leave a thread for any reason, but most especially for not liking what they have to say.

3) You don't get to dictate to me what threads I read and post in. So get over yourself.

4) If you cannot cope with my posted comments, put me on /ignore.

Edited by Andryah

B/B dyes are being sold every month or every other month it seems.

I doubt the high prices of 8 million are realistic anymore.

If people are purchasing B/B dyes just to resell on the GTN, there are other items which have more predictable GTN prices and sell for more per CC.

Edited by illgot

Good day to you.

Remember kids, when a zealous defender says anything positive about the game, it's automatically true!

:rak_03:

No it's not false. The Black/Black are currently selling for 6-7M on average right now on Harbinger (there are however two listed atm for a little under 5M). Last time they posted B/B on the CM for sale.. prices dropped to between 1.5 and 2M for a couple weeks after the sale.. on Harbinger.

Sorry Voemel.. but it did happen, and others from Harbinger can validate my statement above. What you allegedly did not see is irrelevant.

1) personal attacks do not help you in any way with respect to credibility on the topic. They just make you look weak.

2) I personally have never told anyone to leave a thread for any reason, but most especially for not liking what they have to say.

3) You don't get to dictate to me what threads I read and post in. So get over yourself.

4) If you cannot cope with my posted comments, put me on /ignore.

Yes, it is false. The prices were ~ 2-3 million prior to being listed in the cartel market. After they showed up in the CM, prices have been at the current level.

Sorry Andy, but others on Harbinger can verify this. What you profess to having seen does not matter. As you would say, screen shot or it didn't happen. Prove me wrong.

As for your other points, I have addressed you on them in the past. As I said, people who constantly defend the game, right or wrong, are a special kind of troll. Even when wrong, deflection and/or rationalizing will follow.

Trolls will be trolls. We have grown tired of your special kind of trolling.

The person you added to your ignore list only proved how predictable your trolling has become. We have all seen it before.

If you wish to change peoples opinions or convince them of your point, you're going about it in poor manner. If you haven't realized that by now, oh well.

As for me, I should know better than to feed the trolls.

Yes, it is false. The prices were ~ 2-3 million prior to being listed in the cartel market. After they showed up in the CM, prices have been at the current level.

Actually, on Harbinger, just before the last CM direct sell.. the average selling price was 3-4M for B/B.

The Average selling price this last weekend was 6-7M. The current list price for B/B right now.. on the GTN is 4.7M for two copies.

The list price for B/B after direct sell on the CM last time around dropped to 1.5-2M for a couple weeks before slowly ticking back up in price after supply started to dwindle from peoples inventories.

My comment on 70% price drop is with respect to most recent weekend listing prices vs what the same dyes dropped to last time they were on direct sell. They may in fact even drop more then that in the short term if people purchase the heck out of them and list them for sale. Are you seriously going to insist that direct selling on the CM will not result in deep discounting on the GTN in the short term? Really? LOL.

You can huff and puff and call me names all you like. You can resort to pejorative ad hominem as well if you like. ....they are wasted on me.

Edited by Andryah

I wish people would realize this. The dye system in this game is a freakin JOKE. I'll never be able to get the black/black because of this garbage. The fact that people actually pay 15 or more real dollars for nothing but a one use dye in a video game honestly is sickening, and slightly disturbing. Stuff like that just ruins gaming imo. And, the fact that people actually think a DYE is worth millions on the GTN is also just as bad. NO dye is worth even 1 mill, 100k or so at most. Its a DYE!!!

Dyes should ALL be craft-able like most ALL OTHER MMo's do. Guild Wars 2 has one of the best dye systems I have seen. You learn it, and that toon knows it for ever....but I guess that wouldn't let EA nickle and dime people to death and cater to the mindless addicts.

I would love to have black/black on a few of my toon's, but I guess that will never happen thanx to this kind of BS. I pay 15 bucks a month for a year and a half now, subs deserve some love on things like this. How about letting subs only craft all dyes?

Actually the dye system in this game is pretty good, they can push out new dye combinations quickly, and no one Crew Skill has the ability to craft them all. If they where all craftable then they would either have to be distributed and hard to keep track of, or Artifice would be in one of two situations, 1. it wouldn't have a lot of people in it and you could make lots of credits easily in it, or 2. everyone would switch to it, and no one would be able to make any credits from it.

Have you considered saving up a few months of your rewarded CC?

I use my cartel coins for unlocking perks across all my 12 toons. I also use them to unlock the gear/weapons/crystals in Collections. Furthermore, I would not save up that many cartel coins for a ONE USE ITEM anyway. I am not going to support such outright and outlandish ridiculous prices.

$20 is not a lot.

My 55s are already in the sets that I want for them. Now, if I didn't like the colors for them, then I'd buy a dye ONE TIME and never need to buy another dye for either of them.

Since when did 20 bucks not become alot of money to spend for one stupid in game one use item? Are you rich? Even if I was rich I still wouldn't do it because IT WILL ALWAYS BEE TOO MUCH for something like that. Period.

Never? Doubtful. New armor comes out quite often in the new packs. People may find something they like better in the new packs and switch, then they would have to buy the dye again. Happens quite often to be frank. I just switched 2 toon's armor int he last pack.

Actually the dye system in this game is pretty good, they can push out new dye combinations quickly, and no one Crew Skill has the ability to craft them all. If they where all craftable then they would either have to be distributed and hard to keep track of, or Artifice would be in one of two situations, 1. it wouldn't have a lot of people in it and you could make lots of credits easily in it, or 2. everyone would switch to it, and no one would be able to make any credits from it.

Other MMO's can push out dye better frankly. Guild Wars 2 for example, they have new dye's monthly. Their dye system isn't nickle and dime based. You find it in loot drops, earn it, or buy it off the seller and you learn it on that toon FOREVER. Go try Guild Wars 2 for awhile and then come back to SWTOR and tell me how SWTOR it isn't flawed with it's dye system. Ohh, and GW2 doesn't have a monthly fee, so explain to me how they do it better without a subscription? Hmmm...food for thought heh?

And, I could give two s***s if people wouldn't make money off dye if it was all craftable. I don't play VIDEO GAMES to set around auction houses making fake money. Go to ebay if you want that crap man.

Edited by DarthVengeant

The dye system in this game is the worse I have encountered in any MMO and I have been playing them since Ultima Online.

I use my cartel coins for unlocking perks across all my 12 toons. I also use them to unlock the gear/weapons/crystals in Collections. Furthermore, I would not save up that many cartel coins for a ONE USE ITEM anyway. I am not going to support such outright and outlandish ridiculous prices.

Then don't say "I will never be able to get these dyes."

You are ABLE to GET these dyes. You just choose to spend your monthly CC on other stuff. You just choose to not buy these dyes from the GTN. That's your decision.

When rare items are also in high demand it just makes sense that these items will have a premium price.

Edited by JediRelentless

Then you can complain all you want, but I guess you will never have that black/black dye you want so much. If you are not willing to pay the going price, either in CC's or credits, then you go without.

Since when did 20 bucks not become alot of money to spend for one stupid in game one use item? Are you rich? Even if I was rich I still wouldn't do it because IT WILL ALWAYS BEE TOO MUCH for something like that. Period.

Never? Doubtful. New armor comes out quite often in the new packs. People may find something they like better in the new packs and switch, then they would have to buy the dye again. Happens quite often to be frank. I just switched 2 toon's armor int he last pack.

Whether or not $20 is a lot of money is a personal decision. You have made your decision that it is a lot of money and others feel that they are getting value for their $20. That does not make you wrong, nor does it make them wrong.

Other MMO's can push out dye better frankly. Guild Wars 2 for example, they have new dye's monthly. Their dye system isn't nickle and dime based. You find it in loot drops, earn it, or buy it off the seller and you learn it on that toon FOREVER. Go try Guild Wars 2 for awhile and then come back to SWTOR and tell me how SWTOR it isn't flawed with it's dye system. Ohh, and GW2 doesn't have a monthly fee, so explain to me how they do it better without a subscription? Hmmm...food for thought heh?

I agree that GW2 has a nice dye system, but that is not t he system we have in this game. We have to work within the system the devs implemented.

One more thing, you are neglecting to mention that although you CAN find dyes as drops, they are extremely rare drops. The most efficient way to obtain dyes is still to BUY THEM, either in random dye packs from the gem market for real money, or individually from the AH for in game gold. The random dye packs are 5 dyes to a pack and not 2, though. If you buy the dyes from the AH, the rare dyes are extremely expensive in that game, also.

And, I could give two s***s if people wouldn't make money off dye if it was all craftable. I don't play VIDEO GAMES to set around auction houses making fake money. Go to ebay if you want that crap man.

That is again your choice. Some people do enjoy playing the AH. Some people could give two s***s if people who aren't willing to pay the going price cannot dress their characters in black/black, white/white or whatever color combination they "refuse" to pay the going price to obtain.