OMG, Just saw the new Halloween Event Teaser! :D

Selenial

Maybe this is a nod to the holiday as well (emphasis added):

A new minipet, the Infected Womp Weasel, is now available on the Cartel Market. Cost: 120 Cartel Coins.

While I don't want to see holidays like "Halloween" and "Christmas" in the game, it would be nice to have some sort of event or holiday in the game around the same time that has at least something in common with our "Earth" holidays and/or seasons. For example, creepy things involving ghosts or rakghouls in late October. Heck, even some special events completely unrelated to our holidays would be nice. Maybe go to the Annual Hoth Wampa Festival (BBQ! Hunting! Races! And more!) or a Summer Sandcastle Competition on Ord Mantell. Or, y'know, something less crazy. ;)

I like the idea of regularly recurring events, and completely understand not having "holiday" events, but I would like to see more unique (or at least, slightly different each time and not more often than annual) events in general.

Edited by Gwena

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the "cannon" people you're in for a big let down when the new movies hit. Didn't I hear that all the books are being disregarded by Lucas and Disney?

What does it matter if they are or not? It was announced end of last week that Michael Arndt was no longer going to be writing the script, instead it would be Lawrence Kasdan. He co-wrote Episode V along with Raiders of the Lost Ark. Who cares if the books are disregarded or not, with Lawrence as writer, seems it will likely be an excellent story and very likely put us all right back into the SW action we want.

While I don't want to see holidays like "Halloween" and "Christmas" in the game, it would be nice to have some sort of event or holiday in the game around the same time that has at least something in common with our "Earth" holidays and/or seasons. For example, creepy things involving ghosts or rakghouls in late October.

Many people on the forums have been expressing interest in the Rakghoul event coming back, but there is the problem that it was setup as a lead into the Lost Island FP. Your idea could be a nice way to re-introduce it, making it separate from the Kaon/LI storyline but still giving everyone a special rakghoul event.

Perhaps some forgotten space freighter crash lands on another planet and releases some rakghouls who release the plague again. Republic and Empire both rush to contain or exploit this new threat. I think making it happen once a year around Halloween could be a great way to give those who want the event repeated a chance at it and still adding a bit of that creep factor the game around Halloween for those who want it.

As for the "cannon" people you're in for a big let down when the new movies hit. Didn't I hear that all the books are being disregarded by Lucas and Disney?

But see, that's actually following the canon rules. The movies are the top tier. The books don't get to decide what happens in the story, they just get to fill in the gaps. If the movies disagree with the books, its the books which are defined to be wrong. Furthermore, SWTOR is higher on the hierarchy than the books. If the books say that no Ewoks were known before RotJ, and SWTOR says at least one was, then SWTOR is correct.

But see, that's actually following the canon rules. The movies are the top tier. The books don't get to decide what happens in the story, they just get to fill in the gaps. If the movies disagree with the books, its the books which are defined to be wrong. Furthermore, SWTOR is higher on the hierarchy than the books. If the books say that no Ewoks were known before RotJ, and SWTOR says at least one was, then SWTOR is correct.

TOR is on the same tier as the books, isn't it? It just takes precedence in conflicts because it's the most recent lore.

Edited by Senrie

my guess a pumpkin skinned version of the new meditation chamber...right shape, not hard to recolor. Already an item in game with similar animations that doesn't necessitate more than a change in color pallet.

Would be the most logical.

yea and totally EA's MO, using old assets and resell em for big bucks! i hate EA. and i do say EA, cus BW is pretty much mashed into the innards of EA, if you really, really are still you can hear there voices echo in the corridors... HELP US! LETS US DIEEEEEEEEE... real spooky if you ask me.

I actually disagree with your entire post, but I just felt like this needed to be quoted. 'Nuff said really.

You've got to be kidding me.

You seriously think the Majority of people who celebrate Christmas are Christians? Roflmao.

It wasn't even a christian Holiday. The date December 25th is nothing majorly Christian, it wasn't even the day of Christs birth (Theoretically, no one knows)

Nope, the Post-ROTJ is gone and will be replaced by a new continuity, all things proceeding Return of the Jedi are in fairly safe hands, this game and it's canon status has nothing to worry about.

The part I liked best about the Rakghoul event was people blowing up in PvP matches and infecting other players.

It gave Warzones more of an Open World feel to them.

It's true that I don't do Warzones much. I only hit Battlemaster with my main in September, but if Open World PvP gave you valour points I'd already be an Elite Warlord.

Rakghoul event? No thanks.

All it did was ruin everything on fleet with people running around and infecting one another. It was just a pure grind for some bad items that no one asked for or wanted.

Speak for yourself. The containment officer suit was really cool and my BH used it while leveling up. The green/black lightsaber crystals were also pretty awesome and worth grinding coms for.

Oh... My... God....

Just saw the new Halloween event preview!

Players can now recover health and energy using the spooky TRK-R Treatment Chamber, available in the Cartel Market! Cost: 1200 Cartel Coins.

HOW COOL IS THAT :D

You know, I was afraid after all that stuff said about Life Day, we wouldn't get an event this year, let alone for Halloween! Shame it's just the one item though. But at least they didn't bring the Rakghoul event back, like EVERYONE has been asking for.... That'd be terrible.

:rolleyes:

what teaser where???

I don't really want to actually mingle real life holidays with SW (meaning throwing in stuff that doesn't make sense whatsoever in SW) , but I think that would be a appropriate event to coincide with the time, it being scary and all. Fine with that.

The "Life Day Cartel Market Event" was just a bunch of Christmas-themed junk, so the Lore may not protect you.

All it did was ruin everything on fleet with people running around and infecting one another. It was just a pure grind for some bad items that no one asked for or wanted.

So basically like any other event or added content they have made?

With the only difference being that people blew up on the fleet (which was easily and cheaply avoided with the vaccine)

So basically like any other event or added content they have made?

With the only difference being that people blew up on the fleet (which was easily and cheaply avoided with the vaccine)

Yeah it was clearly just lazy of them.

I don't remember anyone asking for the event and I remember the forums back then and just about every post was begging the Dev's to remove the event. Really the game became unplayable well more so, and that vaccine cost a ton. Watch if they do it again they will force you to buy it from the Cartel Market.

Don't presume to speak for others, you certainly don't speak for me. I had a blast with the rakghoul event, and I loved all the items. Best event ever. Nice scavenger hunt, I could afk to be puked on for more nice stuff, got lots done...yeah, I'd do it again.

Oh... My... God....

Just saw the new Halloween event preview!

Players can now recover health and energy using the spooky TRK-R Treatment Chamber, available in the Cartel Market! Cost: 1200 Cartel Coins.

HOW COOL IS THAT :D

You know, I was afraid after all that stuff said about Life Day, we wouldn't get an event this year, let alone for Halloween! Shame it's just the one item though. But at least they didn't bring the Rakghoul event back, like EVERYONE has been asking for.... That'd be terrible.

:rolleyes:

Are we being facetious? Where did you see that? Can someone link me up? I looked about, but either I'm half blind cause it's late...or I'm just unlucky...

I don't remember anyone asking for the event and I remember the forums back then and just about every post was begging the Dev's to remove the event. Really the game became unplayable well more so, and that vaccine cost a ton. Watch if they do it again they will force you to buy it from the Cartel Market.

I'll call you out on that one mate!

I was here during the first event and the general chat in the game was a buzz with excitement and wonder because it was an unannounced event.

Sure there were people whining on the forums (there always are) but they were few, and most of the threads were started by the same few people over and over.

The vaccine cost almost nothing to buy. I know this is relative, but AFAIK it cost 1000creds. Hardly "a ton".

And it is still available btw, so no need to think they would force you to buy it off the CM.

You didn't like the event, we get it. But it really didn't have to impact you at all beyond having to buy one of those vaccines every now and then.

But stop speaking for everyone because far from everyone agrees with you on this one. (especially since the event has been requested quite a few times here on the forums, especially from those who missed it)

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Rofl, you don't speak for everybody, and the forums certainly were not like that.

Everyone loved it, we were all really surprised and happy to get our first event, that was a surprise too.

Oh, and if 2k is a tonne, you need to get your act together. Especially because it lasts AAAAGGGEEESSSS.

Got in game after the patch today. Prayed to myself I was wrong, and there was an event, ran on my Taun Taun from the Combat Training section to the nearest Corridor, saw a glint of blue. Was super exited, then realised it was a mission terminal.

Depressing.