The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Im not paying $24 or 1 million credits for a teddy bear that talks...

What do you have against Ted? :D

Nobody said you have to pay for anything and if it takes you 5 weeks to make 1 million credits than you are doing it wrong.

Ewoks are dumb...so never getting treek myself. :rolleyes:

Edited by Vinak

Seriously? One million credits? That takes forever to get. Its around.... 5 weeks of no-lifeing this game. And 24 USD is just OVERKILL. HK-51 is 360 CC, so Treek should be 360 CC. Honestly, Treek is just a RIP-OFF.

After 5 weeks of no-lifeing the game you should have at least 12 million credits. Hyperbole and/or massive ignorance about the game economy isn't going to get you any changes.

Fortunately, nothing says you have to buy Treek. It's 100% optional. Just like speeders and armor pieces that cost about that much.

Personally, I thought it was a great use of my CC stipend. I also unlocked her in Collections so I have her on all characters on my account. She is great for leveling, especially classes that don't get a healer or tank in the beginning.

Seriously? One million credits? That takes forever to get. Its around.... 5 weeks of no-lifeing this game. And 24 USD is just OVERKILL. HK-51 is 360 CC, so Treek should be 360 CC. Honestly, Treek is just a RIP-OFF.

HK has a questline that is a real pain, which is why they don't charge more for him. If they just charged $24 (or British equivalent in my case) most of us without him would probably buy him.

One million would be about 5-8 (or 1-2 if you are crafting) hours of play-time so yeh, nice story. Btw I still didn't buy Treek and I am kinda proud of it. You really don't need it!

But I agree that 1 million for a teddy is too expensive. It should've been 350k at most. :/

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I don't see what the issue is with Treek, you can go with light or dark with no penalties, like the other companions you can get and, its technically a 1-off payment to get and a small payment on another character to unlock the item that gives you the quest to get him.

Treek is added to your freaking collection after the first use and then is unlockable to other characters, I have been levelling 3 different characters and each one gets Treek at level 10, its a no-brainer, a tank that heals itself partially.

Edited by JamieKirby

once you unlock her in collections, you're good for all toons. I love my treek!

She is by far the best healer Companion I've ever seen in this game, and if you need a tank, she can go into tank mode and is even better than Khem Val.

She's better than any companion I've ever had for healer or tanking, the only comp she can't replace is HK-51, but that's only because he is DPS.

Meh, I can afford Treek, but until I can wear her as a backpack forget it. :p

Then don't buy it. And as others have stated, if it takes you that long to get 1 mil creds, you're doing it wrong.

once you unlock her in collections, you're good for all toons. I love my treek!

She is by far the best healer Companion I've ever seen in this game, and if you need a tank, she can go into tank mode and is even better than Khem Val.

She's better than any companion I've ever had for healer or tanking, the only comp she can't replace is HK-51, but that's only because he is DPS.

Absotively. If you have both and if you're only concern is mechanics, go HK if you want DPS, otherwise go Treek.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Fortunately, nothing says you have to buy Treek. It's 100% optional. Just like speeders and armor pieces that cost about that much.

Personally, I thought it was a great use of my CC stipend. I also unlocked her in Collections so I have her on all characters on my account. She is great for leveling, especially classes that don't get a healer or tank in the beginning.

Also note, you get 2 sets of gear for her. If you are leveling a Bounty Hunter or Trooper, you can use the mods from the extra set to start off at 10 with nice mods. She is a great tank or healer. I'd go so far as to say the best at both compared to all other companions.

I can grind out 1million creds in 1 straight go by doing all the weeklys and dailys, And thats not including ops or flashpoint dailys/weeklys.

GSI Dailys

Hoth

Makeb

Tattoine

Alderaan

GSI Weekly

Dailys

Ilum - Both Imperial Outposts

Belsavis - Imperial Domination Outpost - Signal Monitoring Station - Deep Launch Teleporter Area

Makeb + Weekly

Black Hole + Weekly

Section X + Weekly

Czerka + Weekly

voss + Weekly

I did all of those in 1 sit through and it netted me just over 1 million credits, And it didn't take weeks, It took 1 day of my time.

1 million credits, depending on the market and the number of highlevel crafting characters on your account, is 1-3 days of casually logging in and out to manage your crew skills and GTN. 1 day or less if you hit both, crafting and dailies, like a fist of an angry god.

For HK, you need to complete a long-arse questline that not all people can be bothered with. You can't just buy him.

Think Treek is a ripoff - don't buy her contract, simple as that. I spent a million creds for the contract on my Marauder, and for me, it was a million well-spent (her healing AI is better than classic companions, and she can flip to tank in 1 GCD), because I earned arseloads of credits soloing heroic content with this lil' furball (till recent time, there were drops that sold for 44k credits to vendors).

Edited by Helig