Galactic Starfighter: PvP only?

The_Grand_Nagus

It doesn't say maybe pve or imply pve. It just says pvp.

What it does say is:

Travel to multiple space locations and fight through exciting battles with different gameplay modes.

Does that include PvE? Only Bioware knows, which is why I'm simply asking for them to clarify :)

Edited by The_Grand_Nagus

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What it does say is:

Does that include PvE? Only Bioware knows, which is why I'm simply asking for them to clarify :)

Right, that statement is rather unclear. "Travel to multiple space locations and fight through exciting battles with different gameplay modes." I would argue that node capture is a different style than death match. It's a valid question.

The gameplay footage looks like battlefront style flight.

You're right, it's off-rails!!!! I just read the announcement, it's says "free flight dogfighting". I take free flight to mean off-rails. Woot!

It'd be awesome if this led into 8v8 wz's in which you do the dogfight with the mission of trying to board a ship by after downing the blast shields to the hanger while the other faction defends it. Once you successfully board it, then it's a ground assault. In other words, if we could get Voidstar with a space dogfight prelude to it, that'd be awesome.

The expansion page does not actually mention PvE missions, so can Bioware please clarify if this expansion is PvP only? Thanks :D

There will not be a new planet and there is no increase to the level cap with this expansion. We really wanted to focus this expansion around space off of rails where you get to fight your friends (and enemies!) :)

To that point, there will not be any Space based PvE content with the Digital Expansion. It is only going to be PvP.

-eric

No PvE this time around.

Edited by Pscyon

From the other thread:

There will not be a new planet and there is no increase to the level cap with this expansion. We really wanted to focus this expansion around space off of rails where you get to fight your friends (and enemies!) :)

To that point, there will not be any Space based PvE content with the Digital Expansion. It is only going to be PvP.

-eric

So yep, PVP only. That takes almost a lot of the excitement for it away for me, but still glad for those of you that are excited for it.

Now that they have the "code" down for free flight that is not on rails (which is no small feat with this Hero Engine) I bet we will see a ton of new PvE content for space next year. It

Now if we can see drastic improvements to the normal game play too. I'd like to see far more interaction in the game world.

I would love to know how people think a pve version of open space combat would be more fun than actually fighting players. Pve star fighting always turns into knowing exactly when and where the enemy will approach from and simply doing the same things over and over again.

Players add realism and it is exactly the same as pve except a real intelligence is behind the controls. Objectives can be the same. This is war.

There is a Galactic war going on and people want to shoot mobs in space? The only time I want to see pve in space is where solid stories and challenges not based on the AI cheating instead of out playing me. The story may come. The AI will never come.

PVP only one the DEV said my question then is

I don't think i ill get a answer .

Are you going pvp after that if so I'm saying bye bye SW ?

i don't Pvp or do but rather PVE over pvp

IF you we have to wait months for more PVE content after this, i letting my SUB run out .. .

Don't forget your PVE players ...

Edited by tanktest

PVP only one the DEV said my question then is

I don't think i ill get a answer .

Are you going pvp after that if so I'm saying bye bye SW ?

i don't Pvp or do but rather PVE over pvp

IF you we have to wait months for more PVE content after this, i letting my SUB run out .. .

Don't forget your PVE players ...

Dude, it's just a new kind of warzone. They aren't going to stop making PVE content. They've focused MOSTLY on PVE and very little on PVP. Last new warzone they introduced in the game was nearly a year ago (Arenas are more of a scaling back, really). Let the PVP'ers have something that's actually new and cool. Maybe you're actually enjoy playing this too!

Edited by chuixupu

LOL you gotta love entitled PVE Heroes. One content update since the launch of the game that's aimed just at the PVP crowd and the pissing and moaning begins. How typical.

Good grief, people. PVP has completely been outstripped by PVE in every single content update. We've had exactly one new warzone, two quests in the Gree event, and 3 new arenas given to us since launch. Hell the last expansion didn't have anything specific to PVP in it at all other than a new tier of gear to grind. We've even had content taken away from us because it didn't work the way it was supposed to. Compare that to all of the events, new flashpoints, operations, dailes, and entire freakng planets that have been designed just for you.

Bioware don't listen to these whiners. This is freakng AWESOME, and I cannot wait until December.

Edited by Prisoner

Again? Name the other time?!

I will have to agree with TUX's on this one. :D This game has failed on PvP time and time again, and I'm not a huge SWTOR PvP fan because of it, so I'm not seeing how PVE gets the "Finger Again!!" on this???!?? I'm hoping this turns me on to SWTOR PvP again, tbh.

LOL you gotta love entitled PVE Heroes. One content update since the launch of the game that's aimed just at the PVP crowd and the pissing and moaning begins. How typical.

You raise a very valid point. The only reason I disagree with it is because free-flight space has been the most requested feature since beta, and releasing it for only one part of the community seems very shortsighted. Any other content update I would completely agree with you, though.

I do think that this feature, despite the fact it is a pure PVP feature will have strong appeal to PVE players depending on how easy it is to jump in and play and present a challenge to other players....considering it is not saddled by current PVE stats and mechanics like current PVP that may be possible.

That said, however, complaining about concerns that PVE players have as to the lack of PVE in the feature is short sighted IMO....casuals likely dominate the population substantially, and essentially keep the lights on. That means concerns of PVE players, the majority playerbase, should not be ignored if Bioware wishes for SWTOR to continue to thrive.

Edited by LordArtemis