Why is this person allowed to que for RANKED Arenas?

DkSharktooth

http://imgur.com/PdwkBYc

Green mainhand weapon, No gear check, no stim, guaranteed loss or fast death with this person on your side in soloQ. By the way, this is at 1650 rating in soloQ, not sure if MMR is working right because I was at 39wins, 9losses at the time with 19 game win streak, not sure how I got paired with this guy, someone care to explain this?

Edited by DkSharktooth

Green mainhand weapon, No gear check, no stim, guaranteed loss or fast death with this person on your side in soloQ. By the way, this is at 1650 rating in soloQ, not sure if MMR is working right because I was at 39wins, 9losses at the time with 19 game win streak, not sure how I got paired with this guy, someone care to explain this?

LOL... Hopefully this was taken I to account on your rating.

Matchmaking works. You were winning so much that they started pairing you with scrubs so you get forced down to mediocrity again.

And really i think if the enemy team had a bad like him, and they probably did, the matchmaking worked.

Ur too good! That's probably why you got paired with him. The guy had every right to be there - we all start somewhere. Sucks, sure...but it's the nature of a gear progression MMO.

That "Somewhere" is typically unranked warzones. This person has no business queueing for a RANKED match. There needs to be requirements.

And of course not only did you chew him out in-game but you took it above and beyond and brought here to the forums...I think your the winner here.

That guy made a 'spot' on the carpet with his bad play and poor gear. The OP is justified in rubbing his nose in it.

You should be running regs until you have PVP gear, you can't get away with showing up like that for nightmare mode ops. You'll get laughed at and kicked. Since this stupid game won't stop derps from being themselves, and there's no effective kick mechanism, it's up to us to police this crap.

That "Somewhere" is typically unranked warzones. This person has no business queueing for a RANKED match. There needs to be requirements.

I would agree with you - ranked should have some sort of gear minimum, but I think Bioware believes their Bolster is better than it is. Unless he's in a 4-person Ranked group, you have a point...solo, he kinda ***** over the others.

Ur too good! That's probably why you got paired with him. The guy had every right to be there - we all start somewhere. Sucks, sure...but it's the nature of a gear progression MMO.

I don't mind getting paired with not the greatest players. My point is the gear and health is just so bad that he shouldn't be able to que ranked with that. No bolster in the world will save him.

If you dont want to be q'd with someone like that then find 3 more people to play with. No reason someone shouldnt be able to do something just because he hasnt put in as much time as you have. He cant get gear unless he does these things its not like they give out recruit anymore.

I made this suggestion on PTS, tho it didn't get much traffic only 30 posts. I did 14 solo ranked queues yesterday and I knew the result of all 14 before they started. Yes I get other team has just as good of a chance to get undergeared players as my team does. Doesn't make the lost any better. I am ok with losing because other team is better, but to know you are going to lose before the match even starts because half your team is below 25K health is not fun.

I also now I can do group ranked, but very few teams are wanting to take a Balance Sage or Madness Sorc. There is zero reason to allow undergeared players in solo rank warzones. They should gear up in regular warzone queue. I know people hate comparing PVE with PVP but in this case it is needed. Undergeared players are not accepted in Endgame PVE Content. They need to start by grinding gear in HM Flashpoints and SM Operations. The same needs to be implemented in PVP with regular warzones acting as HM Flashpoints and SM Operations. And Ranked Queues being your NM Mode.

If you dont want to be q'd with someone like that then find 3 more people to play with. No reason someone shouldnt be able to do something just because he hasnt put in as much time as you have. He cant get gear unless he does these things its not like they give out recruit anymore.

Dude! its ranked pvp! seriously: ranked. as in we have a score. We are rated. it matters when we win or lose. If your going to gear up why not do it in normals?

For the love of god, please bioware please remove coms from ranked, so only geared people who care about their ratings queue.

Because after he loses a hundred games his rating will be low enough to where losing with him on your team won't affect you very much.

Of course none of that matters since you'll probably lose them all anyways. Fail rating system is fail.

There's no justification to be in ranked arenas before you have full conqueror gear. The ranked commendations he could possibly gain would be of no use to him without the required prerequisite gear to trade in.

it honestly doesnt matter. i had a 24k hp marauder in my team the other day. sure it sucks to lose just because of this one person but whatever. at least as long as you dont get to super high rating you have constant q pops.

a friend of mine is at 1800 solo rating. he has to wait 15 min for a q to pop

I agree bad gear is an issue but I still prefer a good player in pve stuff than either no player or a bad one.

Don't kill the arena pop by preventing players to queue.

If that player is at the same ELO rating than you, either you are not that good or he is better than you think.

(To be fair, this need enough matches to be true)

Edited by Hyrune

That guy made a 'spot' on the carpet with his bad play and poor gear. The OP is justified in rubbing his nose in it.

You should be running regs until you have PVP gear, you can't get away with showing up like that for nightmare mode ops. You'll get laughed at and kicked. Since this stupid game won't stop derps from being themselves, and there's no effective kick mechanism, it's up to us to police this crap.

Can't u just move on to the next 'better' game and overcompensate your shortcomings there. Nowhere on this green Earth had u gotten away with this remark IRL without a good nice slap. And a, in your case, all to friendly 'don't show your face here again'.

Can't u just move on to the next 'better' game and overcompensate your shortcomings there. Nowhere on this green Earth had u gotten away with this remark IRL without a good nice slap. And a, in your case, all to friendly 'don't show your face here again'.

I wonder how many deathmatch arenas you do IRL. I am scared of you though because you sound proper tough and might indeed do all sorts of such things and don't want to get a slap.