Prophecy of The Five needs YOU(The PvP community) to help out our [Petition]

Sir-Coffee

I thought every PvP'er was supposed to have unsubbed after 1.2

Or wait maybe they all said they where going to unsub after the resolve changes in 1.4

Oh never mind they where all going to unsub after 2.0

I wasnt here for 1.2, didnt care at 1.4, and i wasnt upset about 2.0, i actually liked a lot of the 2.0 changes.

I support the notion of this thread, and applaud the creators.

That Said....

Ranked 8v8 warzones were a mess and its not all the devs fault. We've all qued with pug groups who are at best moderately geared and prepared vs a team of geared, coordinated group of essentially pros. And then thats all we que against. Then we stop queing. The only viable solution is cross server ranked 8v8 with a gear AND role checking function to balance teams. Maybe even throw in personal ranking as well. I don't blame the developers for that because they aren't psychic like someone think they are. **** happens, only the people without jobs realize that you sometimes have to just roll with it and try to improve it as you go.

Class imbalance is there. I remember when tracer missles rules the skies and everyone hated mercs. Its EXTREMELY difficult to balance this for PvE and PvP. I love the notion that developers are all powerful psychic wizards who are supposed to know every possible outcome in advance but its so freakin false. Yes it needs to be addressed. No, people shouldn't be so damned rude about it.

All that said, I don't know if i should sign this. I've been in MMOs long enough to know NO GAME IS PERFECT. I enjoy SWTOR for all its elements, even if i classify myself as primarily a PvPer. (i don't raid unless i'm drunk). But i while voice my opinion and hope i am heard.

Commendable effort. I will sign the petition as well. Everyone should rate this frkn thread up to 5 stars nao, and spread the word to those who do not know about this initiative yet.

I'd also unsubscribe the game as a sign of protest, at the drop of a hat. Strength in numbers... go go go !

Edit @OP: Why throw in PoT5 in the subject? This is the community rallying to take action... Fk PoT5, go Bastion or go home brah (lol - iTease).

Edited by Seengularity

All that said, I don't know if i should sign this. I've been in MMOs long enough to know NO GAME IS PERFECT. I enjoy SWTOR for all its elements, even if i classify myself as primarily a PvPer. (i don't raid unless i'm drunk). But i while voice my opinion and hope i am heard.

I think I understand your concerns but I don't understand your argument. My point being, we're not asking for perfection... Humans are not perfect, programming languages are not perfect; games created by humans using programming languages, running on infrastructures created by humans will not be perfect. This initiative is there just to bring the game closer to perfection?

Yes, there is a definition for it, but what is perfection anyway? I think it's just like beauty -> in the eye of the beholder.

Commendable effort. I will sign the petition as well. Everyone should rate this frkn thread up to 5 stars nao, and spread the word to those who do not know about this initiative yet.

I'd also unsubscribe the game as a sign of protest, at the drop of a hat. Strength in numbers... go go go !

Edit @OP: Why throw in PoT5 in the subject? This is the community rallying to take action... Fk PoT5, go Bastion or go home brah (lol - iTease).

I tried to go bastion but they won't participate.

Thank you for the comments and support. :)

Your efforts are laudable. I also qualify as a hardcore pvper and I have been since early access. Truthfully, I never expected to play swtor for more than a month or two. It was going to be little more than a momentary distraction and adventure of the star wars variety. I was surprised to discover I disliked the pve, but had a blast in pvp. My very first 50, a powertech, leveled in the warzones and so have all my alts. I've had passing attempts at that pve stuff, but setting aside any thematic value, its not to my liking. If it wasn't for the pvp, I would have long ago unsubbed and never returned.

This isn't without reason. Whether by accident or design, Swtor has a unique pvp formula (not the same as class balance) that just works. I never thought it without flaws, but between the map design and combat mechanics the game can provide great player verse player interaction. In fact, only in Dark Age of Camelot did I find myself having so much fun in pvp.

So my question to Bioware is : what the hell are you thinking? Do you not realize you're sitting on a diamond in the rough? Nurture the crap out your pvp system and be responsive to your players, because lets be honest here, many of us can run circles around the best your team has to offer in a warzone. Do that and you may be surprised at how many former customers return. I frequently receive messages from your former players , logging in under F2P just to chat with other vets and check out the state of the game. They often disappear again. Well BW, ever consider giving them a reason to stay?

Yea, I signed your petition and I will spread its word to my server.

My competition is unsubbing one player at a time and that will be the final nail in the coffin for me. I can see myself playing for the foreseeable future, but I need contentious matches and tough figths, which means pvpers must stay, which means content, incentives, which finally means ( for the love of pvp gods), attention from Bioware.

Give us more pvp dailies, more credit and leave 8m ranked alone. At least we'll have an option to organize kickball when we so choose.

- Jolly

- Goof Troop

- Harbinger

Edited by Sowwy

I wanted to give arenas a chance before I unsubbed. Now that pvp is completely f2p guess I can do both! Thanks Bioware! Ofc I also assume that in return for pvp costing nothing, we'll get nothing? Quite a solid pvp patch you've put together here.

Your efforts are laudable. I also qualify as a hardcore pvper and I have been since early access. Truthfully, I never expected to play swtor for more than a month or two. It was going to be little more than a momentary distraction and adventure of the star wars variety. I was surprised to discover I disliked the pve, but had a blast in pvp. My very first 50, a powertech, leveled in the warzones and so have all my alts. I've had passing attempts at that pve stuff, but setting aside any thematic value, its not to my liking. If it wasn't for the pvp, I would have long ago unsubbed and never returned.

This isn't without reason. Whether by accident or design, Swtor has a unique pvp formula (not the same as class balance) that just works. I never thought it without flaws, but between the map design and combat mechanics the game can provide great player verse player interaction. In fact, only in Dark Age of Camelot did I find myself having so much fun in pvp.

So my question to Bioware is : what the hell are you thinking? Do you not realize you're sitting on a diamond in the rough? Nurture the crap out your pvp system and be responsive to your players, because lets be honest here, many of us can run circles around the best your team has to offer in a warzone. Do that and you may be surprised at how many former customers return. I frequently receive messages from your former players , logging in under F2P just to chat with other vets and check out the state of the game. They often disappear again. Well BW, ever consider giving them a reason to stay?

^ Thisx1000

Yea, I signed your petition and I will spread its word to my server.

My competition is unsubbing one player at a time and that will be the final nail in the coffin for me. I can see myself playing for the foreseeable future, but I need contentious matches and tough figths, which means pvpers must stay, which means content, incentives, which finally means ( for the love of pvp gods), attention from Bioware.

Give us more pvp dailies, more credit and leave 8m ranked alone. At least we'll have an option to organize kickball when we so choose.

- Jolly

- Goof Troop

- Harbinger

Thank you for your support and the more PvP guilds we get to sign on board with this, the better. Let's be honest here, if they can't implement 6/9 of those changes within 2 days... there is a serious problem here.

The only points that require time are Ability delay(lag, fps issues), Balancing(Should take a patch or 2 to make every class viable for arena) and the RWZ/arena reconnect feature(Which should take 1-2 patches of dedicated work/testing)

I wanted to give arenas a chance before I unsubbed. Now that pvp is completely f2p guess I can do both! Thanks Bioware! Ofc I also assume that in return for pvp costing nothing, we'll get nothing? Quite a solid pvp patch you've put together here.

Are you able to participate in Arenas as F2P? I thought you weren't able to.

I think Unicorns went back to Jedi Covenant

This is my fault. I forgot that Unicorn Stampede didn't really unsub from the game. They rerolled on JC server and have spent the last year or so getting slapped around by the pve scrubs they went over there to own. I would suggest they either be removed from the list or that you contact them on the JC server. Again I apologize for this oversight.

This is my fault. I forgot that Unicorn Stampede didn't really unsub from the game. They rerolled on JC server and have spent the last year or so getting slapped around by the pve scrubs they went over there to own. I would suggest they either be removed from the list or that you contact them on the JC server. Again I apologize for this oversight.

Will do, I will remove them now.

I will not be signing your petition or unsubbing I am a pvper and only pvp full time and love pvp. I do not believe leaving in 8v8 ranked while broken is a good thing for pvpers. I believe they will fix 8v8 in there own time frame and do not need us demanding it to be fixed when I want it like a spoiled brat.

I will be paying my sub as support for what the devs are doing as I feel it is better pvp model then having turtle fest 8v8 ranked. 8v8 rank is broken in it's current state. They will fix it at there own pace and I would rather they take there time and do it right. they rushed 8v8 rank when they brought it out the first place. It is why 8v8 ranked failed in the first place to many player demanding things or will unsub.

So good luck with the petition I for one will be spending extra cartel coins in my support of pvp so have a nice day.

Edited by Neoforcer

The only points that require time are Ability delay(lag, fps issues), Balancing(Should take a patch or 2 to make every class viable for arena) and the RWZ/arena reconnect feature(Which should take 1-2 patches of dedicated work/testing)

This is nothing more then a tweaks and this won't save the pvp as a whole. PvP isn't bad in this game - and this is my main issue. It can be bearable but it misses something unique.

There is no matchmaking system of any kind, even a tiny one. How many times you've played games against 4 healers when your team had non (same faction match)? Or being put in the team as a sorc healer with 5 another sorcs, sniper and mara against 3 smashers, 3 deception sins, op healer and merc? This is the pvp we want? This is this a fun?

This game need something like cross server queues to support matchmaking system and this is the only main issue. Not a balancing, not a ability lag - they can be fixed and it won't change the fact that pvp after sometime can get dull and boring.

I know that we won't get them due to the engine problems and so i think that pvp in this game won't be ever anything more then an addition.

Edited by MasterBLASTERpl

This is nothing more then a tweaks and this won't save the pvp as a whole. PvP isn't bad in this game - and this is my main issue. It can be bearable but it misses something unique.

There is no matchmaking system of any kind, even a tiny one. How many times you've played games against 4 healers when your team had non (same faction match)? Or being put in the team as a sorc healer with 5 another sorcs, sniper and mara against 3 smashers, 3 deception sins, op healer and merc? This is the pvp we want? This is this a fun?

This game need something like cross server queues to support matchmaking system and this is the only main issue. Not a balancing, not a ability lag - they can be fixed and it won't change the fact that pvp after sometime can get dull and boring.

I know that we won't get them due to the engine problems and so i think that pvp in this game won't be ever anything more then an addition.

^ This is the MAIN issue that will most likely never be fixed.

There is no matchmaking system of any kind, even a tiny one. How many times you've played games against 4 healers when your team had non (same faction match)? Or being put in the team as a sorc healer with 5 another sorcs, sniper and mara against 3 smashers, 3 deception sins, op healer and merc? This is the pvp we want? This is this a fun?.

99% of the games you are playing now did not start with 4 healers it's people respecing on the fly for turtle defense so they have 4 healers 3 smasher and one other dps. The start is to lock respec on the fly in pvp down then work on a match making que system that makes you pick a roll and only have maybe 2 healer each side with rest dps and mix of tanks or dps only. Guess what happens then we get balanced pvp.

Edited by Neoforcer

99% of the games you are playing now did not start with 4 healers it's people respecing on the fly for turtle defense so they have 4 healers 3 smasher and one other dps. The start is to lock respec on the fly in pvp down then work on a match making que system that makes you pick a roll and only have maybe 2 healer each side with rest dps and mix of tanks or dps only. Guess what happens then we get balanced pvp.
Pretty sure that 99 % of all the ops/scoundrel healers didnt simply re-spe, as if they had any intentions of playing dps.

My PVP Wishlist:

1. Tournament Server
  2. Spectator Mode
  3. /Surrender Option to end match early based on majority vote 6/8
  4. Vote to kick working on majority vote 6/8
  5. Combine the player base, leave factions for story. Gives teams a larger pool of players to choose from.
  6. Ranked Reconnect
  7. Cross Server
  8. Legendary Items with special effects
  9. BioWare sponsored or regulated tournaments/competitions
  10. Better Looking gear for high rating, better than cartel market stuff. No simple recolors (Example: WZ vs Ranked WZ Gear).
  11. Larger PVP maps with more obstacles
  12. More ways for PVPers to make money. Possibly craft rating specific prestigious armor skins
  13. Weapon Skins. Possibly tie in with legendary weapons.
  14. Guild or Team Tabbards / Ships / Crests / Symbols

...list not completed, but it's a start.

My PVP Wishlist:

1. Tournament Server
  2. Spectator Mode
  3. /Surrender Option to end match early based on majority vote 6/8
  4. Vote to kick working on majority vote 6/8
  5. Combine the player base, leave factions for story. Gives teams a larger pool of players to choose from.
  6. Ranked Reconnect
  7. Cross Server
  8. Legendary Items with special effects
  9. BioWare sponsored or regulated tournaments/competitions
  10. Better Looking gear for high rating, better than cartel market stuff. No simple recolors (Example: WZ vs Ranked WZ Gear).
  11. Larger PVP maps with more obstacles
  12. More ways for PVPers to make money. Possibly craft rating specific prestigious armor skins
  13. Weapon Skins. Possibly tie in with legendary weapons.
  14. Guild or Team Tabbards / Ships / Crests / Symbols

...list not completed, but it's a start.

I highlighted the one thing that the developers aren't able to add into this game because of the engine.

IMO X-Server would be great with Arena/RWZ