Your Forum name

Zandoezan

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is... somewhat obvious.

What isn't obvious is that it was copied from the network name of my XBox when I created my first EA account a long, long time ago, so it's sort of a coincidence to use it here.

Why was my XBox named Malastare? Because all network hosts on my home LAN (including all PCs I've built) are given the name of a Star Wars planet:

Coruscant = Router

Hoth = PC (1997, Pentium 166MMX)

Tatooine = PC (1999, Celeron 300A overclock which ran appropriately hot)

Dantooine = PC (2002, Athlon 1200)

Korriban = PC (2005, Athlon64 3700+)

Dathomir = PC (2008, Core2 Q9450)

Ryloth = PC (2011, i7 2600K)

Olanet = Printer (2007)

Balmorra = Printer (2009)

Bespin = Laptop (It floats, you see...)

Telos = Laptop (2007, resurrected after severe hard drive corruption)

Malastare = XBox 360 (2007. RIP in 2011 due to heat stress on the GPU)

Mustafar = XBox 360 (2011, named in honor of the previous XBox)

Next PC: Tython

Next Printer: Kuat

Next XBox: Onderon

Mine is from a movie, (see if you can guess which one without googling)

I hear :::vrrrrttt:: "We die..." often in my head when a pvp match is going to **** and teammates are asking in chat "what do we do now?".

This handle is from a dumb joke a RL buddy made years ago, which I then used for an email address due to a lack of creativity. I used that email for guild and gaming community forums so it was convenient for a character name too. I mostly played shooter games online then like Swat and the Battlefields where silly names were more common than RPGish ones.

When taken or if I had a defunct toon named joesixpack I'd just add the letter 'x' as needed. The most I've had to include is 3. I joined TOR with a gaming community so kept it for familiarity's sake.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Hey ya'll, i am sure this has been asked before on hundreds of other forums but how or where did you get your Forum name from? :confused: Im just interested to know.

Mine is one I came up with for gaming back in 2002. As for your name, Not sure if you knew but the actor who played that part was Marc Raimi who played Gul Dukat in Star Trek DS9.

Heir to the empire book. Yeah I know, not that original, but I like the character so I just had to have that name;). Sadly I lost it in game when my server was merged. Now I am named K'baoth in game, but its just not the same, and quite frankly a bit fail tbh:rolleyes:

Drudenfusz (or Drudenfuß) is an old German word for pentacle/pentagram. It means literally 'witch's feet' and was named because it was used as a ward against witches best placed on a stepping stone at a buildings entrance to keep witches out. I use it in somewhat of similar purpose, it is my protection against internet trolls, protecting my true identity behind it.

Hey ya'll, i am sure this has been asked before on hundreds of other forums but how or where did you get your Forum name from? :confused: Im just interested to know.

<--- Ocho-Quatro

My real-initials are "AD4" - say it fast... A DEE FOUR - eighty four - 84 - ocho-quatro.

I got mine from a deaf, dumb, blind kid.

Did he play a mean pinball?

My username is from a one of those really bad Hong Kong Bootlegs (same kind of thing that "Do not want" came from) of a One Piece movie (anime) where they attempted to translate the character name Usopp into a Chinese pun, and it came out Chuixupu. I use it a lot for a username because it's never taken. :p

Edited by chuixupu

Did he play a mean pinball?

My username is from a one of those really bad Hong Kong Bootlegs (same kind of thing that "Do not want" came from) of a One Piece movie (anime) where they attempted to translate the character name Usopp into a Chinese pun, and it came out Chuixupu. I use it a lot for a username because it's never taken. :p

I would have guessed something mayan or aztec-ey, surprising.

All over the internet (at least in places that allow spaces in usernames) I am known as Eran of Arcadia.

Eran is a name I gave myself in high school; it's (bad) Tolkien Elvish for "lone wanderer" or something like that.

Arcadia is a city in California where I lived briefly in the early 2000s.

The idea of putting them together like this came from the TV show "Joan of Arcadia" which was on around that time (and which I never watched).

Glad to see more Starfighter fans out there. Thx for the info. Marc Raimi you say, is he the brother of Sam Raimi?

Mine is one I came up with for gaming back in 2002. As for your name, Not sure if you knew but the actor who played that part was Marc Raimi who played Gul Dukat in Star Trek DS9.