Leaving a match early

OpeningToEndgame

Needs to be punished more severely. I was just in an Ancient Hypergate match and this Sniper says "I'll be permanent pylon guardian" then he leaves. Queues up. Leaves again. Queues up. Leaves again..... see where this is going? This happened a total of 7 times in ONE match. He prevented someone who actually wanted to try from coming in. 30 minutes to an hour would be just dandy Bioware. These trolls and kids are making PvP unenjoyable.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh hell no. if i join a warzone and see that there are 5 people with under 2000 expertise and 24k life i want to leave without being punished

That's why we need a MM system also (2.4 arenas should have them, hopefully)

Plus flash points have it, and people still quit group finder with the lockout, if the lockout is 10 minutes, I think you can survive.

Edited by MrGoldsilver

Why leave if you are just going to guard the pylon?

Team not winning while guarding the pylon? Grab your phone and start sending out texts. If you lose the pylon, well, at least the match will be over quick.

Oh and in a way, that sniper did get locked out. I mean, he left only to be queue'd back into the same WZ he/she left and from the sound of it, this went on for the duration of the match.

oh hell no. if i join a warzone and see that there are 5 people with under 2000 expertise and 24k life i want to leave without being punished

And yet the other team could be sitting at 1800 exp and under 23k health with the possibility of some nub wearing BM gear or mixing PvE and PvP mods in their gear thus running around with 1000 exp.

Why leave if you are just going to guard the pylon?

Team not winning while guarding the pylon? Grab your phone and start sending out texts. If you lose the pylon, well, at least the match will be over quick.

Oh and in a way, that sniper did get locked out. I mean, he left only to be queue'd back into the same WZ he/she left and from the sound of it, this went on for the duration of the match.

And yet the other team could be sitting at 1800 exp and under 23k health with the possibility of some nub wearing BM gear or mixing PvE and PvP mods in their gear thus running around with 1000 exp.

yeah sure and i could be buying a lottery ticket every day and there is the possibility that i can win millions. but i wont do it cause i dont waste my money and i dont waste my time and play a warzones with 4 people having **** gear and probably play warzone cause there is no raid right now and hell why not they heard it is fun so lets see.

no thx man. but i had to go through the same **** when i was farming for my partisan gear. i lost to many warzones cause gear matters to much. and now that i am finally geared i dont wanna go through the same **** again

I am firmly against punishing those people. First, once I had to leave a warzone because I got an unexpected phonecall and I didn't want my team to have a deadweight to them while I was afk so I left. I was on the phone for 14 minutes, are you telling me that if I got to go afk unexpectedly I should be punished!

Also sometimes people suffer a disconnect in warzones and are summarily removed, should I be punished for a disconnect?

One last thing, I go into a warzone, its a wreck, the team at he first sign of trouble stopped playing and are just all hugging our node trying to get as much defender medals as possible. They are all standing around clearly going to lose anyway, should I be punished if I leave a warzone filled with these idiots?

The game really has a bunch of clueless bads right now. Shame I didnt have bandicam on because today I witnessed a bad FORCE SPEED back pedaling into the acid trap in Huttball. I actually died myself through laughing so hard.

Bioware are already dumbing down pvp with the new Arenas, removing any kind of objectives, so hopefully the bads will find a place there.

The game really has a bunch of clueless bads right now. Shame I didnt have bandicam on because today I witnessed a bad FORCE SPEED back pedaling into the acid trap in Huttball. I actually died myself through laughing so hard.

Bioware are already dumbing down pvp with the new Arenas, removing any kind of objectives, so hopefully the bads will find a place there.

Hey the new arenas will be good, considering we get to fight 4v4, last one standing wins, and if they find a place there then it will ruin those too. As it is you got to not only use your weapons but the environment as well.

As for the force speed thing that is hilarious

The number of times this gets brought up on the forums...

Just... no.

Sometimes, you have to leave for other reasons, e.g. real life, in-game bug (mostly roll bug for operatives/scoundrels).

I don't want people dicking around in warzones because they do not want to be penalized.

I'd rather have the bads or people being jerks leave the warzone than stay on my team.

To add; If someone wants to leave due to being sick of a particular WZ or they just don't enjoy it, I fail to see why they should be punished for it.

no thx man. but i had to go through the same **** when i was farming for my partisan gear. i lost to many warzones cause gear matters to much. and now that i am finally geared i dont wanna go through the same **** again

When ever you queue up for a WZ you are gambling. Even if you are on a team with people well geared, they may suck or there could be a really good premade sitting on the other side of the fence. Hell, the other team may have three healers to your one or just an over all better team composition.

Hopefully it'll stop when the new daily/weekly gets put in for 2.4.

All warzones count towards those, not just wins.

Man, I'll be happy when that happens. Getting a little tired of those weeks I get the **** end of the stick and getting my weekly on multiple characters becomes a pain in the ***.

I doubt the quitting will stop though. People seem to want their easy mode wins or they're not happy.

Sometimes bad players quit, and good players backfill, and carry the team to victory.

Let the bads go.

Olol, got to love it when that bad who has deluded him/herself into think he/she is good leaves the match and an actual good player shows up.

What? I'm not getting a free ride this WZ. **** you all I'm leaving.

Edited by Dedrayge

Yeah...No. If I'm in an Ancient Hypergates, plus I'm already unhappy because I hate AH, and my whole team runs to cap the pylon at the start; I'm dropping group. I already know where this match is likely going by that that alone.

Actually yea, go ahead and put a debuff on quitters, I have tons of toons to swap to.

The greater issue, unfortunately, is that people who quit tend to be temperamental to begin with and if you start to punish them they'll likely just stop playing altogether rather than changing their behavior. That helps nobody. If it still bugs you, just remind yourself that most quitters aren't that good anyway and demand to be carried to a win.

Mind you, I still hate them with a vengeance and wish horrible things upon them. Especially in the lowbie tier where, for crying out loud, you only need to complete two matches to get the daily. So this is just a fantasy response:

After the first two drops -- because real life happens and connections drop -- for each game you leave you have to complete an additional match for your daily, up to nine matches altogether. That way if you want your reward you've got to gut it out like normal people, lest you be caught in some Sisyphean trap of winning clearing two matches then losing two the next time you quit.

Yeah...No. If I'm in an Ancient Hypergates, plus I'm already unhappy because I hate AH, and my whole team runs to cap the pylon at the start; I'm dropping group. I already know where this match is likely going by that that alone.

Actually yea, go ahead and put a debuff on quitters, I have tons of toons to swap to.

Glad I'm not the only one who absolutely hates that haha. Though I don't usually quit because of it, this smart move always costs your team a lot of points. :confused:

Glad I'm not the only one who absolutely hates that haha. Though I don't usually quit because of it, this smart move always costs your team a lot of points. :confused:

Same. Its a dreadful map. Objective based pvp clearly is too much of a challenge for the minority of this game, however, those who enjoy pvp are being punished with the introduction of the brainless Arenas. Dull as. Simple as that and the 'fun' will soon wear off.

I really wished Bioware were just more creative with PvP, open pvp and anything around pvp.

People that habitually leave matches are already punished by being losers.

The game could simply have a lockout of the matches they left though. So they dont keep filling the spot a useful person should fill.

Though i rarely see a leaver get back in the same match, i would imagine that issue happens most often on the less active servers where fewer people are lined up in the backfill pool.

I want their to be a penalty for one reason alone. Last night I lucked out joining 7 warzones in a row that I back filled into a nearly finished losing war zone. So for about a hour of my time I got to play in pvp about 5 min in total all in badly losing warzones having to clean up other peoples crap they left.

Trolls? You think someone who just left a game wants to end up in the same one again? This has happened to me a lot too. I would backfill a loss that hadnt reached the "no more backfills" criteria yet so I'd leave. Not my loss so I'm not going to stick around. I queue up again , just to end up in the same game. This can sometimes happen 3-4 times in a row.

So if anyone's to blame it's BW and their piss poor matchmaking system. The problem is that regardless of how much people argue the opposite no one really wants to backfill and you all know that people would uncheck the "join in progress" button if it was an option, meaning that a bunch of games would end up 8 vs 3. I don't have a problem with that 8 vs 3 as long as the game started 8 vs 8. If my team was so bad that 5 decided to quit then we deserve to lose and the faster the better. A third party, backfiller, shouldnt have to be forced to suffer through it too.