Flashpoint entry problem

I found a cure! it's like a *********** virus

if you or your friends have this bug, Create an alt Get the alt to invite you to a party, it will prompt you saying they will become owner of the flashpoint, you are now cured and he is bugged.

Insane but this worked for us tonight also. Tried everything else this post mentioned but as soon as we did this, it worked like a charm.

Please fix this bug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Insane but this worked for us tonight also. Tried everything else this post mentioned but as soon as we did this, it worked like a charm.

Please fix this bug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a trick that my guild had to find out on our own.

Basically what is happening is someone in your group is bugged as having a current/locked Flashpoint. When they are being invited to your group, they get a pop-up saying that all Flashpoints that they are currently running/locked to are being transferred to the party leader. So, your bugged party member has now transferred a Flashpoint herpes to your party leader and now your entire party cannot enter whatever Flashpoint you're wanting to go to because your party leader cannot reset instances he's not locked to.

Do what Darth says:

1. Have someone other than your current party leader log off create an alternate character.

2. Have the alternate character be party leader and invite everyone that you're wanting to party with.

3. Have the alternate character leave the group or have all the party members leave one by one.

4. Alternate character logs back onto the toon they want to play with and then enjoy your Flashpoint. Remember to hold a vigil for the sacrificial character that you gave Flashpoint herpes to and that will be deleted.

Edited by Pseudoname

Basically what is happening is someone in your group is bugged as having a current/locked Flashpoint. When they are being invited to your group, they get a pop-up saying that all Flashpoints that they are currently running/locked to are being transferred to the party leader. So, your bugged party member has now transferred a Flashpoint herpes to your party leader and now your entire party cannot enter whatever Flashpoint you're wanting to go to because your party leader cannot reset instances he's not locked to.

Do what Darth says:

1. Have someone other than your current party leader log off create an alternate character.

2. Have the alternate character be party leader and invite everyone that you're wanting to party with.

3. Have the alternate character leave the group or have all the party members leave one by one.

4. Alternate character logs back onto the toon they want to play with and then enjoy your Flashpoint. Remember to hold a vigil for the sacrificial character that you gave Flashpoint herpes to and that will be deleted.

This is the ONLY thing that we were able to get to work. It takes an extra 5 minutes or so, but it's so worth fixing this glaring, game-breaking bug. This thread should be stickied, because NONE of the BW CSRs know this workaround, and they won't even acknowledge that the bug exists--you just get form emails if you submit a ticket.

I had this problem today, and it has to do with a person having a quest related to the instance you're trying to enter. If everyone isn't on it, it wont let you as a group enter it.

This shouldn't happen, since you can do the instance without the quest just fine.

I had this problem today, and it has to do with a person having a quest related to the instance you're trying to enter. If everyone isn't on it, it wont let you as a group enter it.

This shouldn't happen, since you can do the instance without the quest just fine.

Not accurate. We had this issue trying to enter hard mode BT. Pretty sure no one in the group had a quest related to BT...

At any rate, this explains why I originally could not enter the instance but then later our healer wasn't able to enter.

I ran into this problem myself. Nobody around knew what was going on. Opened a ticket but no luck there either (I did receive a generic answer after I updated my ticket with the workaround I had used).

Not sure which workarounds people have been posting here, but this worked for me:

1. Enter the last flashpoint I had been in. This was also the only flashpoint I could actually enter.

2. Alt+F4. (it's probably just enough to leave, but I had the disappearing cursor bug and didn't realize I could right click to resolve it)

3. Log back on, reset flashpoints.

I tried many other things first. Of course I tried resetting. Other people tried to reset for me. Abandoned all quests. Had people invite me (but accepting did not work if it required a reset). On the bright side, I was surprised how many people actually tried to help me.

I didn't realize it could have anything to do with my previous flashpoint. Because I had succesfully finished that ages ago.

Edited by thecoffeecup

i was having the same problem myself and i happened to find something that worked for me.

for me

1- i got the FP and didn't do it

2- got the heroic later that day and killed one or 2 things in it and didn't finish

3- came back to the FP and got this bug in a group and solo

4- what solved it for me was abandoning the heroic i did alittle of and i was able to enter the FP

so what i think the problem might be is if anyone has a some what done group instance (heroic for me) that they started after (or maybe even before not sure) starting the instance (FP for me) you are trying to do it will give you this bug

hope this can be helpful it if is right

Some friends an I did some extensive testing. Taking a group that had no issues getting into flash points, we tried systematically changing things around.

We found that if you have a normal FP quest and a hard mode FP quest, it will do 1 of two things:

1) Allow anyone that has cleared the normal fp that the fp owner has a quest for to enter, or conversally, if the fp owner has not cleared the normal version, it will now allow anyone that has cleared the normal version of the fp.

2) all group members must pick up the normal mode fp quest that the fp owner has (we tested this on foundry and boarding party flashpoints.

To give a little more detail to the testing, we had the owner (group leader) pick up the normal mode boarding party, and we then tried to enter hardmode foundry, but one in the group had not cleared foundry on normal mode yet (due to reven being bugged at 10%). They were able to get the hardmode quest, as were the rest of us, but as we systematically dropped members an tried to zone in, the owner was the one that prevented us from entering due to having a normal mode FP quest in his/her log.

Until bioware fixes this lockout system, try making sure that everyone only has one FP quest, and if you still have the issue, try disbanding the group, and then each player reset the phase of all their flashpoints by right clicking their portrait, etc. prior to reforming the group.

In all, the system has merit, when it works, I like the lockout system, but atm it's preventing people from grouping together. I hope our input will help expadite the process to finding a fix ^_^

I think I've solved it. My friends and I were having this same issue, and we realized it was because 2 of us were PvP flagged and one wasn't. When one is flagged, the game considers that a "difficulty selection", so you have to make sure either everyone is flagged or everyone is not flagged. The one who was not flagged kept getting the message "you are in a different difficulty" or whatever, while the other 2 who were flagged could join the conversations and enter the instance, but the one who wasn't couldn't. That was literally the only change we made and it fixed all our issues. Hope this helps people. Edited by Eyeheartpie

What we did was have everyone leave the party, and drop the quest for the FP. Then the bugged person shared his quest, which shared his bugged lock in, and he invited the rest of us. Doing this put us in his phase so we could finish that off. Hopefully this cures his 'virus' without giving it to the rest of us.

Do what Darth says:

This actually works and it only takes 2 minute. Get two people in a group, leave the groupl to make an alt. Have the new alt invited to the group and make it the leader. Leave group and quit the game.

Strange, but I'm glad it worked out.

I now have the same issue. After forgoing flashpoints in order to hit level 50...I got back and try to do the normal ones to unlock the hardmodes and I find I can't enter. That is not cool Bioware!

What does a level 50 have without Hardmodes? Not much to do is the answer. I don't want to put all the time and effort into another character because he might have the same issue when he hits a level I want to do flashpoints at.

I was able to do BT at level 12, but now at level 50 I can't do a single flashpoint regardless of group, non group etc. It's kind of frusterating/and infuriating.

Same issue here. Even worse, I dropped all my quests to try and get around it and ofc forgot to have the daily shared as we were kinda relieved when we got in after like 40min trying so I missed out on that too. I didn't even bother contacting support, they're useless anyway (NONE of my tickets have ever had a useful answer).

I'm getting fed up at a very rapid pace now.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I AM ALSO HAVING THIS ISSUE AND IT HAS MADE THIS GAME EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING.

I Just hit 50 and I can't do any flashpoints. I abandoned all my quests to try and fix it. Im stuck with only half a game.

I sent a ticket into Customer Support and got some automated response. NO care in the world that my game isn't working. NO REPLY FROM BIOWARE THAT THEY ARE FIXING THIS BUG! NO REPLY THAT THEY ARE EVEN AWARE OF IT.

How can such a massive bug affecting so many people not get priority?