Vanguard // Powertechs Top 3 Answers!

CourtneyWoods

Dude if i recalled correctly BW Austin was made up by a bulk of Warhammer studio (I might be wrong, read it somewhere a long long time ago)

If so that explains so much. This Q and A has pretty much killed the remaining faith and hope I had about this game improving. Devs are totally disconnected from the community just ignoring it and doing its own thing while trying to force stuff down our throats. Tired of this bs. Waiting for Wildstar

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thirty meter options eh?

you mean hammer shot, sticky grande *which is pretty useless and not many competent vanguards will even use it unless coupling it with AP for alittle extra burst when they have the ammo to spar* explosive round *which no decent vanguard even has on his or her hot bars* Harpoon *which we save for clutch situations or offensive pull/defensive pulls* Full auto *which again is a joke does no damage and a waste of ammo any good vanguard drops it off their hot bars after like level 40*

Ya you do know you nerfed the range of this class like 6 patchs ago right????? Which in turn TOOK AWAY all useful options the class had at "RANGE"

All of our amazing "RANGE" options you speak of either do little to no damage making them NOT and i'll say it again so maybe you can understand cause you people seem slow NOT worth our ammo or we have to save them like Harpoon because its the only *********** utility our *********** class has while ever other *********** tank class has leaps sprints, pushes, knock backs, stealth.

Thanks for these 2.4 "buffs" I'm sure we will get killed JUST as fast as we do now by smashers, snipers and pretty much every other class under the sun in this joke of a game.

In all honesty you people who " balance" the classes in this game have a perception problem about how classes should and should NOT work IE SHOULD NOT AS IN A CLASS THAT CAN SMASH FOR 8K every 10 *********** seconds and on top of the 8k smash do around 4-5K splash damage to all enemy players around said smash.. OR maybe its true what your own community thinks of you and your so called "balance" devs just play favorites. At any rate.

Thank you for the answers just keep buffing snipers, guardians, shadows, and OP heals.

Its all your good at anyway......

QFT, it's pretty telling how out of touch the devs are with this class. Granted, I think the Sorcs may have received a harsher response when the devs' answer essentially amounted to "Use LOS, heal, L2P noob".

If so that explains so much. This Q and A has pretty much killed the remaining faith and hope I had about this game improving. Devs are totally disconnected from the community just ignoring it and doing its own thing while trying to force stuff down our throats. Tired of this bs. Waiting for Wildstar

Im gonna check out FF14, then GTA5, Then Wildstar when its out, I had great fun with spellslinger during those beta weekends :)

Thirty meter options eh?

you mean hammer shot, sticky grande *which is pretty useless and not many competent vanguards will even use it unless coupling it with AP for alittle extra burst when they have the ammo to spar* explosive round *which no decent vanguard even has on his or her hot bars* Harpoon *which we save for clutch situations or offensive pull/defensive pulls* Full auto *which again is a joke does no damage and a waste of ammo any good vanguard drops it off their hot bars after like level 40*

Ya you do know you nerfed the range of this class like 6 patchs ago right????? Which in turn TOOK AWAY all useful options the class had at "RANGE"

All of our amazing "RANGE" options you speak of either do little to no damage making them NOT and i'll say it again so maybe you can understand cause you people seem slow NOT worth our ammo or we have to save them like Harpoon because its the only *********** utility our *********** class has while ever other *********** tank class has leaps sprints, pushes, knock backs, stealth.

Thanks for these 2.4 "buffs" I'm sure we will get killed JUST as fast as we do now by smashers, snipers and pretty much every other class under the sun in this joke of a game.

In all honesty you people who " balance" the classes in this game have a perception problem about how classes should and should NOT work IE SHOULD NOT AS IN A CLASS THAT CAN SMASH FOR 8K every 10 *********** seconds and on top of the 8k smash do around 4-5K splash damage to all enemy players around said smash.. OR maybe its true what your own community thinks of you and your so called "balance" devs just play favorites. At any rate.

Thank you for the answers just keep buffing snipers, guardians, shadows, and OP heals.

Its all your good at anyway......

You know what... just for kicks:

Warriors 30M abilities: (as in both classes)

Force Charge

Jugg 30m (discounting things like taunt, and guard):

Saber Throw

Intercede

Mar 30M:

Double Saber Throw

soooo juggs get 2 30m leaps and a single target ranged attack (which is a pretty good ability I might add

Maras get a leap and an AOE Saber Throw (Which is also pretty good)

So of the non-**** abilities we get DFA, Rapid Shots (auto attack), Rail Shot, Grapple. I will tell you what, I will give you all the other "ranged" abilities we have, you can just remove them from the character (or in some cases lock them to the Mercenary Class where they do serve a purpose) and give us something amazing in return.

Currently as it stands, yes we have ranged abilities, by my count (again discounting the guards and taunts) we have 7 30M abilities... But they are not significant enough that I would EVER want to keep them over the option of a leap (not that I want them to just give us a leap... but you get the point).

Go ahead, lock us to 10m, if that will make you feel better. Let us keep DFA as our ONE ranged ability and possibly the auto attack... and lock the rest down... and then actually make us a proper tank and melee class and stop giving us these BS "reasons" why we are amazing cause we got range!

Well this makes the decision to unsubscribe at the end of the month easier. After both my girlfriend and I (Pyro PT & Corruption Sorc) have been told that the class imbalance is all in our head and what amounts to a "L2P NUBZ" comment from the devs, it's clear that these developer's have completely no idea about their own game and its current state. So both of us having been subscribed since launch day won't be giving this useless company anymore cash. I don't even know why they both having half the ACs in this game, when if you want to be competitive you are limited to such a small amount.

Goodluck getting those "higher skilled sorcs" when a large majority have already abandoned the class in favour of operatives which by design are much more effective.

Idiots.

Oh but wait... lets take a look over at the operative:

Resuscitation Probe

Orbital Strike

Corrosive Dart

Fragmentation Grenade

Snipe (if the operative goes into cover... but who does that?)

Explosive Probe (same as above)

Rifle Shot (auto attack)

Soooo discounting the healing abilities (hey if I wasn't going to count tanking stuff, can't count these either), I count guess what? 7 abiltiies... 2 of which are completely worthless and should never be touched... which makes a PT and an OP sit on the same level as far as 30m "options" (and yes I do count the BREZ as an "option" because it is on the same level as grapple... and NOT a healing ability)

So that puts OPs and PTs at 5 ranged attacks which have SOME kind of use.

http://www.torparse.com/a/353755/time/1374765726/1374766035/0/Damage+Dealt

what is that? Is that an OP pulling 3200 on a dummy (compared to at best 3100 on a dummy using the Hybrid spec... pyro... not even close... at waaaaaay less than 2700)

So where is the "fairness" there... we are both "ranged" classes, with "ranged" options. I don't see them taking a dramatic hit because they have "options" other melee classes don't at 30m.

I would first say that I stay up late just to read the vanguard answer, now I'm dissapointed.

First off, I would prefer to see some improvements to HiB, as it is our "supposed to be highest dps skill" atleast as a assault with 3 point in hib in tactic tree, because we have many points in the tree and it have always been a "key" skill for vanguards.

Range 30m a advantage as a tank?? or a dps?? didn't you guys make the dps more melee'ish and the tanking not suppose to be in range too? the only skill I can think of as a range vanguard is HiB and that one need a dot, tactics can't apply a dot in range, tank/assault can but you will have to use hammer shot first and for most tanks hib don't hit like a truck, and it's still not enough for assault because it's like one of 2 range attacks HiB and grenade.

When it comes to being a useful vanguard I think the below 30% health more dmg from dots should be either replaced by something else like abit for burst, as that's what we are missing.

I will also say that the first question for vangurd PT was not good enough, I saw the answer coming when I read the question...

last answer from the developer

"and intrinsically more survivability because of that." A tiny bit more burst on one 1 of each top tier tree wont help much for us to be more competitive, I know it's a help in right direction but I wouldn't call that "survivability"

Btw I would like to say that the nerf to gut, pulse cannon, and IR will make the buffs to top tier skills less of an uppgrade as there have been some reduction to dots.

I sometimes feel that I should have a sentinel as dps or gunslinger for range dps, mostly for pvp as that's where we are lacking dps the most pve it's fine, but we can't kill adds in some cases not fast enough TTK, like we did pre2.0.

Last I will say I'm happy :D to have my vanguard as a tank for Pve and love him so far. I used to be pvp/pve dps pre 2.0 now I don't see the point for doing that, mostly for pvp. Pve it's average good I would say.

Edited by Zunamii

BW should have really gave answers to all class questions at once. At least that way, we'd know what they are planning for the other classes. For all we know, they're getting that nerf bat ready which might leave the current PT on the PTS looking much better.

Also, shoulder cannon is a nice ability, but, it's really not a reliant source of burst due to it's long CD once all four missiles have been fired off. Also, pyro is the only tree that doesn't give any added benefit to shoulder cannon.

I admit, it's nice to see AP get some long over due love. It may not be perfect, but it's something.

Im gonna check out FF14, then GTA5, Then Wildstar when its out, I had great fun with spellslinger during those beta weekends :)

Mmm, aiming in Wildstar. It's so much better than this game's and definitely left the game feeling more responsive.

BW could learn a lot from the Wildstar dev team.

Theres a reason why Biowares arena team lost all their games on the pts :rolleyes: they had a powertech tank and a sage dps :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: and they think the classes are good... lol

Its pretty *********** clear the devs have something against the vanguard/powertech dps class maybe its because a good vanguard/pt could kill your precious knight, snipers and op heals....

Arenas= Knights, Op heals,Shadows, Gunslingers.

Every other class is to sub-par in anyway to compete vs high level players with super meta comps....

Enjoy killing your own game and discouraging players to try other classes outside of the classes you devs play favorites with.

Fail.

Edited by mfourcustom

Calm down, u dont really want to waste your words now, because dev´s job is DONE. /closed

I´ll never understand why there is no Ghostcrawler here, even if subscription here is (officially) as expansive as in WoW. Has anyone ever asked the question why do we have to vote a rep at all?

Remark: to increase dmg effectively, the most frequently used abilities should be logically increased (Inc round and Ion Pulse for example).

Edited by X-Boson

The answers are kind of lack luster here, just like with the Sorc questions. :(

Sure 2.4 has an overall buff to tactics and an arguable buff to Assault, but the buffs are a bit too conservative whereas I feel they need to be more gamechanging so that Vanguards/Powertechs get taken more seriously in PvP and PvE.

Lol what? Arguable buff to assault. I argue it was a nerf.

Hello Vanguards!

In short, this is a perception problem

I agree with you fully, the perception of an entire community of players and the perception of a couple of people (the developers) who think they got it right while (again) the entire playerbase disagrees with you.Thats the perception problem. You just told the entire sorc/sage AND vanguard/powertech community to L2P. The PT rep even quit his role as a rep because he knew you would misshandle this mess so grossly!

For ANY serious pvp ALWAYS bring smashers for dps and jugs for tanks and operatives for healing, nothing else cuts it for top level play cause those classes are the best at every single role that exists in pvp.

Other classes are "viable" but not optimal wich means that every player who wants to play and succeed in pvp is limited to the top performing classes.

PT tank works and can at times shine a little bit but in the end, not worth it for 4vs4, 8vs8 or whatever, since jugs always outperform them.

Stuff like this is so painfully obvious to us, the players and yet it seems to elude the people who handle game balance.

When was the last time you saw a merc/commando healer in serious top level pvp? Thats right, you dont!

When was the last time anyone picked a shadow as a main dpser for pve or pvp? Thats right, you dont!

When was the last time anyone picked sorc/sage/Operative dps for top ranked pvp? Thats right, you dont!

You want me to go on? I keep on trucking all night long cause thats how many flaws you have in the game currently.

Why does mara/sentinel have the best burst dps, the best sustained dps, the best cooldowns AND execute (wich dont show on the parses cause the little doll dont ever go to 30% health, your own words BW!)

We have a few classes outperforming ALL the other classes and you refuse to do anything about it and we, the community, cannot comprehend why.

Because quite frankly, you dont have the guts to answer this wall of text.

Do not complain your awnsers are still better than sorcs.

They didnt tell you L2P or "heal to full".

Your problem is just a PERCEPTION problem guys. Its psychological you know. You just need to SHIFT your point of view (aka rerrol marauder).

Ours is that were a bunch of scrubs and need to L2P and heal to full.

Also the first awnser reeks of hypocrisy because, even when assault vanguard was at its highest pretty much every vanguard / ptech complained about the low survivability (glass cannon issue). So, no, if assault damage goes up the perception of the playerbase doesnt change.

Because, you know, the playerbase is playing the class.

But, yeah, at least you have dongcleave, yeppe do.

Edited by Laforet

I agree with you fully, the perception of an entire community of players and the perception of a couple of people (the developers) who think they got it right while (again) the entire playerbase disagrees with you.Thats the perception problem. You just told the entire sorc/sage AND vanguard/powertech community to L2P. The PT rep even quit his role as a rep because he knew you would misshandle this mess so grossly!

For ANY serious pvp ALWAYS bring smashers for dps and jugs for tanks and operatives for healing, nothing else cuts it for top level play cause those classes are the best at every single role that exists in pvp.

Other classes are "viable" but not optimal wich means that every player who wants to play and succeed in pvp is limited to the top performing classes.

PT tank works and can at times shine a little bit but in the end, not worth it for 4vs4, 8vs8 or whatever, since jugs always outperform them.

Stuff like this is so painfully obvious to us, the players and yet it seems to elude the people who handle game balance.

When was the last time you saw a merc/commando healer in serious top level pvp? Thats right, you dont!

When was the last time anyone picked a shadow as a main dpser for pve or pvp? Thats right, you dont!

When was the last time anyone picked sorc/sage/Operative dps for top ranked pvp? Thats right, you dont!

You want me to go on? I keep on trucking all night long cause thats how many flaws you have in the game currently.

Why does mara/sentinel have the best burst dps, the best sustained dps, the best cooldowns AND execute (wich dont show on the parses cause the little doll dont ever go to 30% health, your own words BW!)

We have a few classes outperforming ALL the other classes and you refuse to do anything about it and we, the community, cannot comprehend why.

Because quite frankly, you dont have the guts to answer this wall of text.

^this

time to see the PT/VG unsub threads pop up. Friggin insulting responses that BW gave not to mention how truly wrong they are about the dps parsing on dummies I mean honestly its become so obvious they dont have a clue at all. Oh well I guess we all have Wildstar to look forward to

I have to say, the tank response was truly insulting. the dps responses...hey. they really did make changes that are supposedly working well on PTS. so that's fine. but VG are the worst PVP tank HANDS DOWN. that 30m + shoulder cannon, flippant stuff was really really insulting. I'm not resubbing.

Guys, calm down and remember its a "prescriptive issue." For example I perceived marauders and snipers are the optimal choice for any competitive PvP and PvE. Now I know my mistake, so I changed my respective to that marauders and snipers are the ONLY choice for any competitive PvP and PvE. So you got to change your perspective and re-roll, unless you are a sorc; L2P.

I perceived the devs to be incompetent, now I perceive them as incompetent and arrogant Its all prospective you know.

Edited by Ottoattack

I have to say, the tank response was truly insulting. the dps responses...hey. they really did make changes that are supposedly working well on PTS. so that's fine. but VG are the worst PVP tank HANDS DOWN. that 30m + shoulder cannon, flippant stuff was really really insulting. I'm not resubbing.

The funny part is the first questions was not tank related. It was dps question. It was worded a bit awkward, but the comparison was for dps not for tank. But hey, we have 30 meter range an normal attack. What else do you need? Actually real pros go in and spam regular attack.

Edited by Ottoattack