Gree armor now requires light or dark?

Screaming_Ziva

it's a small defect that affects a small number of users. there's no need to keep all their paying customers out of a perfectly operational game because some are upset.

have fun or stop complaining; pick one. they are mutually exclusive

Where are you pulling these statistics from that you know for a fact the percentage of the player base affected by this bug?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I eluded to in my other post at least for me I'm less understanding when it comes to BW's mistakes because of the overall customer experience that is being given. This issue just adds to that negativity cumulatively which is why I would venture to guess so many others are acting out the way they are.

That isn't an excuse for acting like a child.

So, because CS is bad, it is ok to treat developers like garbage as well?

Or, if development is bad, CS is immediately to blame?

IF the mistakes are that bad that people are filled with actual rage, they need to stop playing the damn game and seek professional help.

Otherwise, they need to stop being drama queens. It is fairly simple.

It is a bug. Bugs happen. They suck. They (hopefully) get fixed. BW responded saying they're working on it, and that is it. They responded quickly, and were attacked because an issue exists. There are plenty of other things to do while waiting for a fix.

You cannot bring servers down to apply a hotfix if the hotfix isn't ready.

You cannot have a hotfix released without testing it. And you have to create a hotfix before you can test it.

You can't create a hotfix until you've identified the problem, and identified the piece of code causing the problem.

"Dissatisfaction" is fine. But this is a video game -- and crying about how it is ruining your game completely, and you demand a hotfix or demand a refund is not only ridiculous, but quite hilarious. NO amount of anger is going to make this go any faster. Guaranteed, the people who can fix this issue are ignoring everyone in the community, and spending their time working on trying to fix it.

Remember, these are PEOPLE who are doing their jobs, and something unintended happened. This game is meant to bring you enjoyment -- and I highly doubt anyone working on this game wants it to be anything less than enjoyable for everyone. They didn't do it on purpose -- they don't deserve this irrational anger being directed at them.

Why cant they release a hotfix without testing it. They obviously release patches without testing them or theyd actuly catch the bugs

Why cant they release a hotfix without testing it. They obviously release patches without testing them or theyd actuly catch the bugs

Have you ever worked in QA?

You do realize the impossibility of completely testing everything, especially in a code-base like this, do you not?

Or, are you actually telling me you'd like them to release an untested hotfix now, that will add more bugs and make the entire game unplayable?

Edited by Kilora

That isn't an excuse for acting like a child.

So, because CS is bad, it is ok to treat developers like garbage as well?

Or, if development is bad, CS is immediately to blame?

IF the mistakes are that bad that people are filled with actual rage, they need to stop playing the damn game and seek professional help.

Otherwise, they need to stop being drama queens. It is fairly simple.

It is a bug. Bugs happen. They suck. They (hopefully) get fixed. BW responded saying they're working on it, and that is it. They responded quickly, and were attacked because an issue exists. There are plenty of other things to do while waiting for a fix.

So to you, complaining about a service you're paying for, is equivalent to "acting like a child"? Have you EVER eaten outside of your house and had your order messed up? Or had a pizza delivered an hour late? I assume you're too meek to actually say anything, or you're just lucky enough to have never had anything to complain about. I envy you. I wish I had your good fortune in life.

And I seriously doubt anyone here is "filled with rage"...they're disappointed, rightly so, and being vocal about how this impacts them, but I doubt anyone needs "professional help" over this issue...that's just insulting and since you don't know anyone here, I suggest you keep comments like that to yourself.

Bioware responded quickly, sure, but only because of posts popping up. I assume they'll pop up all day and night too, by different people...because to some players, this is a huge issue to their ability to enjoy the game. They have every right to be upset...this is a big thing.

this is a pretty small defect, defects are defects because they are mistakes.. and missed. it's what they are. saying they didnt test because they launched with a defect is asinine. This is a 20gb+ piece of software.

before they fix this, they need to troubleshoot, find the issue, resolve the issue, test the fix then regression test THE REST OF THE GAME (ie suite of base functionality test cases) because they dont want to break it for more people.

Edited by Pagy

Or, are you actually telling me you'd like them to release an untested hotfix now, that will add more bugs and make the entire game unplayable?

For the people impacted by this, it's no different than what the current situation is. And even if they made the game unplayable, you'd be here insulting people I bet.

So to you, complaining about a service you're paying for, is equivalent to "acting like a child"? Have you EVER eaten outside of your house and had your order messed up? Or had a pizza delivered an hour late? I assume you're too meek to actually say anything, or you're just lucky enough to have never had anything to complain about. I envy you. I wish I had your good fortune in life.

And I seriously doubt anyone here is "filled with rage"...they're disappointed, rightly so, and being vocal about how this impacts them, but I doubt anyone needs "professional help" over this issue...that's just insulting and since you don't know anyone here, I suggest you keep comments like that to yourself.

Bioware responded quickly, sure, but only because of posts popping up. I assume they'll pop up all day and night too, by different people...because to some players, this is a huge issue to their ability to enjoy the game. They have every right to be upset...this is a big thing.

Are you seriously blind?! People are attacking devs, shouting about how horrendous they are, saying they need to learn to do their job, how pathetic it is that this ever happened, it should be fixed instantly with no wait, etc.

THAT IS ENTITLED. Learn what the word means, I know you're afraid of it because it fits you in so many ways.

If I get a meal wrong, I point it out and give them a chance to fix it. If they don't fix it, I make a LEVEL-HEADED complaint and probably don't give them my business anymore. I did this same thing with BW. There are bugs I've encountered since beta that are not even addressed. New bugs are added, but little non-CM content is added, and I don't really feel this game offers what I want. So, I will stop giving them my business. I don't need some dramatic thread about it, or to start screaming and insulting everyone that works at BW.

"Being vocal" is a great euphemism for foaming at the mouth. Seriously, you must not be reading many of the replies.

"Responded because of posts popping up" -- WELL DUH. But guess what? After 3 or 4 posts, we got a dev response. In NUMEROUS places (including the CS forum). It was AFTER the dev posts that the irrational anger started.

If you cannot survive a day without playing a video game; if you cannot realize a mistake was made and it can't be fixed instantly; then yes, you need professional help. I suggest you stop telling other people to "keep their comments to themselves" unless you will do the same.

For the people impacted by this, it's no different than what the current situation is. And even if they made the game unplayable, you'd be here insulting people I bet.

What a joke

Really? In a game all about alting, you're telling me that people affected by this have ABSOLUTELY no way to play the game?

Give me a break, and stop making things up to try and support this pity pot.

Edited by Kilora

Are you seriously blind?! People are attacking devs, shouting about how horrendous they are, saying they need to learn to do their job, how pathetic it is that this ever happened, it should be fixed instantly with no wait, etc.

THAT IS ENTITLED. Learn what the word means, I know you're afraid of it because it fits you in so many ways.

If I get a meal wrong, I point it out and give them a chance to fix it. If they don't fix it, I make a LEVEL-HEADED complaint and probably don't give them my business anymore. I did this same thing with BW. There are bugs I've encountered since beta that are not even addressed. New bugs are added, but little non-CM content is added, and I don't really feel this game offers what I want. So, I will stop giving them my business. I don't need some dramatic thread about it, or to start screaming and insulting everyone that works at BW.

"Being vocal" is a great euphemism for foaming at the mouth. Seriously, you must not be reading many of the replies.

"Responded because of posts popping up" -- WELL DUH. But guess what? After 3 or 4 posts, we got a dev response. In NUMEROUS places (including the CS forum). It was AFTER the dev posts that the irrational anger started.

If you cannot survive a day without playing a video game; if you cannot realize a mistake was made and it can't be fixed instantly; then yes, you need professional help. I suggest you stop telling other people to "keep their comments to themselves" unless you will do the same.

I think the problem is your posts seem to generalize anyone with a complaint as coming off as a "child". My comment was that it's not just this issue that is causing people to rage, it's a number of things coming together over a long time. Bugs happen all the time sure, and they were quick to acknowledge this one to that I give them some credit. It's their track recorded however for other bugs comparable to this one or worse that have taken weeks to get resolved only to introduce new ones. I'm looking at you bolster.

Edited by shednik

Are you seriously blind?!

Ooooh....name calling and insults...effective.

I can live many days without playing...that doesn't mean I have to be ignorant of the issue. And I suggested you keep your INSULTS to yourself - read that whole part again because you've obviously missed it and feel as though your name calling is somehow excused because you're defending Bioware.

What a joke

Really? In a game all about alting, you're telling me that people affected by this have ABSOLUTELY no way to play the game?

Truth me told some people like myself only have one character, thankfully I do not use that gear so I should be fine, nevertheless I have three ranked members that use the gree armor, so that means no ranked tonight which is cool, but like someone said before this is an odd bug, and I am shocked something like this got past their in house testers.

While the rage in the thread is a tad over the top, I do understand why people may become so upset at this. In the in it is just a game.

people are acting like children. they have access to the game they are paying for but are too stubborn to quantify the magnitude of the defect because of immaturity. there are other things to do in the game, they just just not to do it. well that on them.

there is a distinct difference in reporting a defect and its impacts and throwing the internet equivalent of a walmart hissyfit while kicking and screaming on the floor.

First of i just want to say to all...

Dont feed the trolls, such as Pagy!

Its definitely clear that they all share the same flat, where the lights are on and no ones home!!!

To BioWare: Please keep us updated on this! Cause i and some fellow guildes are now forced to spend allmost a million on augmenting new gear, move all the armorings, mods, enhancements and augs! Just to be able to do our planned operation(in this case a progresion operation).

So it needs a fix, and thats soon!

Ooooh....name calling and insults...effective.

I can live many days without playing...that doesn't mean I have to be ignorant of the issue. And I suggested you keep your INSULTS to yourself - read that whole part again because you've obviously missed it and feel as though your name calling is somehow excused because you're defending Bioware.

Great job with choosing to comment on me as a poster, instead of the content of either of the posts.

Any rational person can see that many people have taken this anger over the top. It is pathetic. NOWHERE, when using the word *you* -- was I specifically talking about you, TUXs. Not unless I used your name. Is english not your first language? Or is that just an unclear concept, maybe, that *you* is also a non-specific plural?

Not only am I not ignorant of the issue -- I find it sad that a bug like this wasn't caught. But, it wasn't caught before release, so what is getting all pissy going to do?

You should learn not to assume people are defending BioWare. I'm not defending the bug, I'm not saying people should absolutely love the game even with the problems -- I'm not even saying they shouldn't quit because of this bug. Hell, bugs and lack of quality content is the exact reason I unsubbed. But grow the hell up and realize that it happened, nothing will change that, and they're working to fix it. To start saying the Devs are pathetic, making demands for refunds and such because of a BUG -- that is absolutely disgusting. It is the epitome of entitled.

Maybe you're a tad too privelaged to understand that you are allowed to play a freakin' video game. To act as if the world is ending because you cannot play some of your characters while the company fixes a bug -- god, I'd love to see these people dropped into a jungle. THAT, I would pay money for.

What I don't understand is why they'd put alignments on any gear whatsoever on any of the new stuff. Whether I'm good or bad, I like having the option of wearing whatever I want in any combination that I want. When they removed it waaaaaay back in the day with the light saber crystals, they shouldn't even think to put it back in.

I like being able to wear bright shiny butterfly items while I'm dark 5 and crushing skulls beneath my boots.

I KNOW this was unintentional, but PLEASE don't go back to the alignment thing again. Not everyone wants to be completely light or completely dark when they're playing.

What a joke

It depends really. It's not so much a joke when considering that some of these people got this set, MK-9ed each piece and are running either blue or purple augments. You also have to consider 69 to 72 mods that get thrown in. The point of having gear like this is to mod it over time. Who wants to blow over a mill in one sitting because of a change like that? It would obviously effect the player as credits over time vs credits on spot is a big difference.

Also players should not be expected to have a back up set or the desire, forced and or other wise to lose out on credits in that fashion. Even if they are sitting on 4 or more mill. The point is that this set regardless of it's colour has been out there for Pub & Imp players for how many events now as a pick your poison set? That in itself also furthers the problem when you look at this event and the number of times it's come and gone. I know it's a bug, but if it wasn't a bug, then yes people have every right to be mad. Should they be mad currently? Yeah a little. I know I would be.

Hell I don't even have the set and I get why people wouldn't be thrilled this.

Edited by Aizen

It depends really. It's not so much a joke when considering that some of these people got this set, MK-9ed each piece and are running either blue or purple augments. You also have to consider 69 to 72 mods that get thrown in. The point of having gear like this is to mod it over time. Who wants to blow over a mill in one sitting because of a change like that? It would obviously effect the player as credits over time vs credits on spot is a big difference.

Also players should not be expected to have a back up set or the desire, forced and or other wise to lose out on credits in that fashion. Even if they are sitting on 4 or more mill. The point is that this set regardless of it's colour has been out there for Pub & Imp players for how many events now as a pick your poison set? That in itself also furthers the problem when you look at this event and the number of times it's come and gone. I know it's a bug, but if it wasn't a bug, then yes people have every right to be mad. Should they be mad currently? Yeah a little. I know I would be.

Hell I don't even have the set and I get why people wouldn't be thrilled this.

I'm not suggesting you be thrilled. I'm not even suggesting that this is ok.

But, guess what? This is a bug. Within 30 minutes of it being reported, it was acknowledged as such, and they started to work on fixing it. 100% unintended, and will be fixed.

If they planned on making a change like this out of the blue -- and it *wasn't* unintended. Well, then I'd probably pass out the pitchforks for everyone to line up and explain why they think it was a horrible idea.

What I don't understand is why they'd put alignments on any gear whatsoever on any of the new stuff. Whether I'm good or bad, I like having the option of wearing whatever I want in any combination that I want. When they removed it waaaaaay back in the day with the light saber crystals, they shouldn't even think to put it back in.

I like being able to wear bright shiny butterfly items while I'm dark 5 and crushing skulls beneath my boots.

I KNOW this was unintentional, but PLEASE don't go back to the alignment thing again. Not everyone wants to be completely light or completely dark when they're playing.

I think it just has to do with how the underlying code was designed. My guess is that every piece of gear has an alignment attached to it -- but it is "inactive", so to speak, on most pieces, and something messed things up when they removed the F2P restrictions on event gear.

Could be wrong -- but it seems plausible. I agree with the alignment thing -- it was an underdeveloped idea that may have been good if they worked on it. But, playing a neutral character at launch, I felt like I was purposely gimping myself :-(

Great job with choosing to comment on me as a poster, instead of the content of either of the posts.

Any rational person can see that many people have taken this anger over the top. It is pathetic. NOWHERE, when using the word *you* -- was I specifically talking about you, TUXs. Not unless I used your name. Is english not your first language? Or is that just an unclear concept, maybe, that *you* is also a non-specific plural?

Not only am I not ignorant of the issue -- I find it sad that a bug like this wasn't caught. But, it wasn't caught before release, so what is getting all pissy going to do?

You should learn not to assume people are defending BioWare. I'm not defending the bug, I'm not saying people should absolutely love the game even with the problems -- I'm not even saying they shouldn't quit because of this bug. Hell, bugs and lack of quality content is the exact reason I unsubbed. But grow the hell up and realize that it happened, nothing will change that, and they're working to fix it. To start saying the Devs are pathetic, making demands for refunds and such because of a BUG -- that is absolutely disgusting. It is the epitome of entitled.

Maybe you're a tad too privelaged to understand that you are allowed to play a freakin' video game. To act as if the world is ending because you cannot play some of your characters while the company fixes a bug -- god, I'd love to see these people dropped into a jungle. THAT, I would pay money for.

Word of advice? Stop using the word 'entitled.' It just leads to pointless arguments about the definition and negates anything constructive in your posts. You may also want to calm down a bit before you make your next post, since you're starting to sound a bit...foamy. I'm sure you don't want that since it's what you're on the other posters about.

I'm sure the devs are working hard on this bug because they realize what the angry posters on here realize - if you happen to be using one of these sets for your high level toons and don't match the LS/DS alignment bug then you're effectively restricted from the high level content. For example, I have a gree set (white and blue mix) that I shift between my vanguard and my powertech for raiding. It's all augmented, fitted out with 69s and 72s, and I don't have a back up for those two toons. Neither of them are LS maxed. That means both these toons are effectively shelved till this bug is fixed.