Gree armor now requires light or dark?

Screaming_Ziva

I'm so sick of morons who know absolutely nothing about software development. . .

Seriously. Grow up and be patient. Believe it or not, fixes don't happen immediately. They have to identify the issue, figure out how to fix it, test the fix, make sure a hotfix of it wouldn't cause significantly more problems, and then release it.

Takes more than 5 minutes, but god forbid you can't play the game for even 10. And guess what? You could have a high-end, fully-automated QA system IN ADDITION to manual QA testers, and you'll never release something without bugs.

Was this a moronic slip-up? Yes.

Is it moronic to get so upset over it? Yes.

It is a video game. Not only that, but being irrationally upset over it isn't going to do any good -- or really, affect whether or not it gets fixed. All it does is make you look ridiculous and stresses you out.

Agreed!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think a rollback would remove a patch. A rollback pushes items and inventory back to a previous point in time. A rollback wouldn't fix this.

This is correct. Generally, a "rollback" is a term used to describe a rewind of [a] database(s). They would have to push a downgrade patch to everyone, while also bringing the servers back down for maintenance to completely downgrade the servers.

Which would mean an additional 4+ hours of maintenance. And the patch would be delayed. And there are easily many problems that could appear because they are downgrading people's clients. Unfortunately, even the patches they release always affect at least a handful of people (as far as not being able to patch).

ZOMG, this is a video game?!? LOL, my main wears the white gree gear, but hey, it's a game and I'm sure they are poo'ing their pants trying to find and fix the issue. I think it's an implicit statement error in the code with the gear. Instead of looking at your light / dark and determining if you can wear the gear, it's just denying anything that is not neutral. Really, I don't think they should put a light / dark requirement on gear you already own, but if they are going to offer the gree gear in the CM, and they want a dark / light requirement on that gear...I can see where that in it of itself could cause problems. Oh well, let's all just be cool

I don't think a rollback would remove a patch. A rollback pushes items and inventory back to a previous point in time. A rollback wouldn't fix this.

That is what I am wondering. I remember a rollback around that time but I don't remember them actually downgrading a patch (I feel like there was an additional patch to fix the problem + a rollback)

I'm so sick of morons who know absolutely nothing about software development. . .

Seriously. Grow up and be patient. Believe it or not, fixes don't happen immediately. They have to identify the issue, figure out how to fix it, test the fix, make sure a hotfix of it wouldn't cause significantly more problems, and then release it.

Takes more than 5 minutes, but god forbid you can't play the game for even 10. And guess what? You could have a high-end, fully-automated QA system IN ADDITION to manual QA testers, and you'll never release something without bugs.

Was this a moronic slip-up? Yes.

Is it moronic to get so upset over it? Yes.

It is a video game. Not only that, but being irrationally upset over it isn't going to do any good -- or really, affect whether or not it gets fixed. All it does is make you look ridiculous and stresses you out.

The fix is to remove the "Neutral or above" tag from the legacy armors until they sort out the issue. I'm not upset I can't play as I have unaffected characters I can use for now, but it is inconvenient and things this dumb should never make it past the bug detectors. You telling me they made these alterations to the armor and didn't put a set on to see if it worked?

Edited by Elfa

I meant roll back to the previous patch. Not an ingame roll back.

Most likely that wouldn't work... Wanna know why? LOOK AT THE CM. The new items, Guess what patch they were included in. This was proved in the data mining.

Yup, 2.3.1. Meaning, if they don't roll back the servers AND the patch. The servers will have pointers to items THAT DO NOT EXIST.

So, not happening.

The patch notes said that event gear no longer requires authority from cartel market and that all F2P can use it.

The problem is obviously down to that change. Im sure they will find it asap and zap it!!

Exacly this.

Most likely, they made an alteration to a specific class dealing with Event Gear, and it seems all Legacy gear has been affected. Not that hard to fix once the problem is found -- but also quite the strange bug, as (depending on how they've programmed it) the classes shouldn't be so tied together that removing a F2P requirement affects a LS/DS requirement.

This bug appears to affect the BOL armor sets introduced in 1.7: Voss, Hyperspace Hotshot, Section Guardian, All Gree armors. Unfortunately, if a character is lucky enough to have the armor equipped, the game refuses to allow the character to benefit from the stats allocated from the armor. This effectively makes your character naked in terms of stats. Of course if they simply had a set in inventory (such as a tank set to swap with their dps set) then they cannot equip said set.

Until this is fixed, many characters cannot participate in basic solo activity such as normal questing (other than space combat), pvp, or pve.

For me personally this benches my healers and tanks. No operations/pvp until this is corrected. A good week to start a new toon maybe?

The fix is to remove the "Neutral or above" tag from the legacy armors until they sort out the issue.

If that is the issue, it could certainly be a fix.

Unfortunately, object-oriented programming isn't that simple. That specific variable may be inherited from a parent class -- which would require altering the entire structure of the classes present. Or, if it is simply instantiated as a constant, would make it so no gear in that class could ever have a LS/DS requirement.

Op in mostly full White Gree armor. He can still wear a hat and boots next raid though!

Sniper and GS share a full Red Gree armor set.

Full Blue Gree set for healing companions (travels with Red set).

Full Section X set in Merc/Commando heal spec loadout.

All Arkanian or better components (generic 162s for Blue set). All sets fully Mk9 augmented. All these characters (or healing role for Merc/Mando) are now unplayable. Ops and FPs are on hold for me until this is repaired.

Just adding my voice so Bioware understands the gravity of this situation. These sets are heavily utilized...we hope you find a fix for this quickly.

• Dev Post
We appreciate your reports as we investigated this issue. If you are receiving errors due to alignment requirements on your gear that were not there before Game Update 2.3.1, it is absolutely unintended. Thanks for your ongoing patience while we work to implement a fix as soon as possible.

Exacly this.

Most likely, they made an alteration to a specific class dealing with Event Gear, and it seems all Legacy gear has been affected. Not that hard to fix once the problem is found -- but also quite the strange bug, as (depending on how they've programmed it) the classes shouldn't be so tied together that removing a F2P requirement affects a LS/DS requirement.

Agree. As they add content to the game and make changes in play requirements they run over bad coding decisions made many moons ago that did not anticipate where they would take the game in the future. Software in general is plagued with this problem and it crops up in unintended bugs at times. That said.. this one should NOT hae escaped QA....but it did, so all the ragers need to just suck it up and wait for the fix folks.

So much rage in this thread for something that is clearly a bug and will get a priority fix. There have been annoying bugs like this before that affect a wide segment of the player base AND THEY FIX THEM quickly.

Anyone that cannot see this as a bug, and a priority fix (once they identify the fix), and can't wait a bit for the fix.. needs to step back from the game for a while. IT'S A GAME... not a mission to Mars.

Edited by Andryah

Most likely that wouldn't work... Wanna know why? LOOK AT THE CM. The new items, Guess what patch they were included in. This was proved in the data mining.

Yup, 2.3.1. Meaning, if they don't roll back the servers AND the patch. The servers will have pointers to items THAT DO NOT EXIST.

So, not happening.

Good thing they didn't include any of the CM stuff yet...

We appreciate your reports as we investigated this issue. If you are receiving errors due to alignment requirements on your gear that were not there before Game Update 2.3.1, it is absolutely unintended. Thanks for your ongoing patience while we work to implement a fix as soon as possible.

Thank you for your continued acknowledgement of this, please keep us updated.

Good thing they didn't include any of the CM stuff yet...

ANYTHING earned inside the game would be negated by a rollback. That means your precious rollback would affect other players in a negative manner. Stop being so selfish.

Besides, rollbacks are the action of last resort in modern MMOs. Where have you been for the last decade?

what about freezing our subscriptions until u make this game playable again??

ANYTHING earned inside the game would be negated by a rollback. That means your precious rollback would affect other players in a negative manner. Stop being so selfish.

Besides, rollbacks are the action of last resort in modern MMOs. Where have you been for the last decade?

There's nothing in game currently that is new from this patch, all the items existed prior to this patch... Next troll?

There's nothing in game currently that is new from this patch, all the items existed prior to this patch... Next troll?

:rolleyes:

Hey pal... every piece of loot that drops since the servers came back up would be wiped by a rollback. Let me dumb down even more for you..... any team that ran an OP and got some sweet loot they craved would be squirrel-sacked by your not so brilliant and self centered idea.

Next attempt at failed rage based logic?

Sorry, you're the only troll present in this thread. Evidenced by this exact post.

Calm down, go take a walk, and give them a chance to fix it. Being upset and irrational isn't doing anyone any good.

what about freezing our subscriptions until u make this game playable again??

That won't happen. You aren't entitled to 24/7 access to the game, nor are you entitled to play a game with 0 bugs.

:rolleyes:

Hey pal... every piece of loot that drops since the servers came back up would be wiped by a rollback. Let me dumb down even more for you..... any team that ran an OP and got some sweet loot they craved would be squirrel-sacked by your not so brilliant and self centered idea.

Next attempt at failed rage based logic?

You do not have to roll back the server to go back to a previous patch.. The item locations in the code do not change.. Not that I've ever datamined, because that is against the ToS.