Gree armor now requires light or dark?

Screaming_Ziva

be paitent right, maybe bioware should be paitent and freeze subscription timer, i was buying working game not this pos

You are paying for the use of the software, like the EUALA clearly states:

No Rights over results of use of Software or over in-Game content

This EUALA grants you a limited license to use the Software to play the Game. You have no rights to or in the Software and/or the Game or its content.

You expressly acknowledge that all characters created and all objects or attributes acquired and developed during play are an integral part of the Game and strictly remain the property of EA and/or its licensors.

Anything you aquire isn't truly "yours", so just let them work on the solution.

they know it is an error and their working on it.

Edited by Never_Hesitate

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what about freezing our subscriptions until u make this game playable again??

You know... this request is pointless.

1) They don't freeze sub time in MMOs for nasty mistakes.. they credit time to your account. That's how it works.

2) Their track record when they let a nasty bug escape into the population is that they give a time credit on everyone's accounts as compensation for the mistake. About on par with other MMOs to be frank.

BW Please read.

My main is a Juggernaut. He is wearing full BLUE Scalene with a gree cyan lightsaber. I can't play with him now.

I just JUST got done fully augmenting it at GREAT expense.

Needless to say this MUST be an error.

But if its intentional, and isn't fixed I just cant bring myself to play this game anymore. Seriously, Ive been on the fence for a while and this is SHOCKINGLY REDICULOUS.

Please fix it VERY QUICKLY like by tomorrow.

You have ruined my day. As I now have to change all my plans. Thanks.

I also expect a day added to my subscription.

Needless to say this MUST be an error.

But if its intentional, and isn't fixed I just cant bring myself to play this game anymore. Seriously, Ive been on the fence for a while and this is SHOCKINGLY REDICULOUS.

Please fix it VERY QUICKLY like by tomorrow.

You have ruined my day. As I now have to change all my plans. Thanks.

If it was intentional, it couldn't be "fixed" as it wouldn't be broken.

As they stated, it is unintended. They are working on fixing it, and rest assured that they will fix it as quickly as they can.

You will most likely NOT receive anything, because you are not entitled to anything. End of story.

OMG!!!!!! I can't play right now!!! Bioware, you obviously owe me 10 years subscription for free NOW!! And if i cant play NOW, I'm rage quiting this game and you'll be sorry...

Wait, what? I'm at work, so I can't play a video game right now anyway? And even if i were off today and able to play, I would simply do something else, be it play a toon that is unaffected by this bug, or I don't know, something completely unrelated to SWTOR? But, but, BioFail... Ummmmm, yeah... Grrrrr

OMG!!!!!! I can't play right now!!! Bioware, you obviously owe me 10 years subscription for free NOW!! And if i cant play NOW, I'm rage quiting this game and you'll be sorry...

Wait, what? I'm at work, so I can't play a video game right now anyway? And even if i were off today and able to play, I would simply do something else, be it play a toon that is unaffected by this bug, or I don't know, something completely unrelated to SWTOR? But, but, BioFail... Ummmmm, yeah... Grrrrr

I almost want to make this my signature... almost :D

LOL.. you are a consummate role player.. you even got the nuances down perfectly.....I give that. :D

Right. So, because you can't wait more than 10 minutes for a bug to be fixed. . .

We should endure 4+ hours of maintenance for them to downgrade everyone's clients AS WELL AS the servers?

Brilliant. . . . I certainly hope you don't plan on working in the software industry. Ever.

Well, if it's going to be fixed in 10 minutes I don't see the issue.

I am glad i never equipped reputation gear. Hopefully they fix it for people who do though.

If they happen to add an extra day to my sub for the inconvenience for other people, I might not to broken up because of the error for this patch. :D

Edited by Nickious

The only time I can remember BW adding a day of subscription for everyone was after the major f*** up with patch 1.2 when they did a 4 hour (or was it 8 hours?) maintenance and had to do another 8 hour maintenance the following day, because a lot of things didn't work anymore.

Win win. I can play without paying...

Why is it then that you still pay?

My guess is that you will continue paying after the bug got fixxed, even if the neither give you a day of subscription nor fix it in 10 minutes :rolleyes:

Edited by Never_Hesitate

Well, if it's going to be fixed in 10 minutes I don't see the issue.

Didn't say that.

But, after 10 minutes, some people seem to be losing their minds and having major crises in relation to a bug in a game.

If it is fixed within a day, there is no issue. Whether or not people are upset isn't an issue -- legally, they have quite a bit of time to fix it.

Also, just like everything else in life, it will happen when it happens. Rushing it would be worse than waiting a bit longer.

Agree. As they add content to the game and make changes in play requirements they run over bad coding decisions made many moons ago that did not anticipate where they would take the game in the future. Software in general is plagued with this problem and it crops up in unintended bugs at times. That said.. this one should NOT hae escaped QA....but it did, so all the ragers need to just suck it up and wait for the fix folks.

So much rage in this thread for something that is clearly a bug and will get a priority fix. There have been annoying bugs like this before that affect a wide segment of the player base AND THEY FIX THEM quickly.

Anyone that cannot see this as a bug, and a priority fix (once they identify the fix), and can't wait a bit for the fix.. needs to step back from the game for a while. IT'S A GAME... not a mission to Mars.

Let them rage a little bit, it's not hurting anything. They will fix it then this thread will fall away from the main page. You guys are just pouring gas on the fire and making it worse. Do you honestly think by coming in here and giving them the lecture, they are going to suddenly say flip on their stance?

I never understood a schoolboys self proclaimed wannabe lawyers who think they have a clue about software products, customer rights and relationship with them. You clearly dont understand whats the issue here since u never sold anything on the market.

Eula have no role here but if u are so fascinated with that i will tell u one thing. Any game developer can put in their eulas anything they want because eulas itself have zero value in any court. If u are buying anything with real money, the local law of country where this product is offered, is above any kind of eulas, but u didnt know that since u are just trolling here.

Yup, you are right...

That is totally why Sony lost this lawsuit... http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/12/13/sony-other-os-lawsuit-dismissed-by-court

Let them rage a little bit, it's not hurting anything. They will fix it then this thread will fall away from the main page. You guys are just pouring gas on the fire and making it worse. Do you honestly think by coming in here and giving them the lecture, they are going to suddenly say flip on their stance?

No, but it's hilarious to watch these people act like babies who haven't had a nap.

Didn't say that.

But, after 10 minutes, some people seem to be losing their minds and having major crises in relation to a bug in a game.

If it is fixed within a day, there is no issue. Whether or not people are upset isn't an issue -- legally, they have quite a bit of time to fix it.

Also, just like everything else in life, it will happen when it happens. Rushing it would be worse than waiting a bit longer.

You seriously miss the point on things like this. These are the type of issues that cause people to leave the game. Even if it's a small amount of people, it's still people who were playing. What does this do to the people who wish to remain playing the game? Deteriorates their experience. Try running a 16 Man Raiding guild and recruiting from a game with less than 500k subscribers. It's not easy. You can always pick up bodies, but the more and more skilled players that are lost makes it harder to enjoy the game. Losing these players causes an adverse affect on people who enjoyed playing with said player, and now they think about leaving the game to go play whatever that person is playing. So on and so forth.

I hate to see stuff like this happen, and it does happen in every game, but game breaking bugs have been a mainstay since launch with this game.

Edited by deceptweb

Devs: I have a question. I purchased, augmented, and filled this gear with high end mods under the assumption that I would be able to continue to use said gear. Now you are adding Light/Dark/Neutral alignment requirements to this armor after the fact. That will make some of my gear unusable on some of the characters that could previously wear said gear.

Do you think it is a good plan to change this equipment after the fact when said change could make it unusable?

If you bothered to read, they clearly stated this was unintended. They are not meant to have these requirements.

I never understood a schoolboys self proclaimed wannabe lawyers who think they have a clue about software products, customer rights and relationship with them. You clearly dont understand whats the issue here since u never sold anything on the market.

Eula have no role here but if u are so fascinated with that i will tell u one thing. Any game developer can put in their eulas anything they want because eulas itself have zero value in any court. If u are buying anything with real money, the local law of country where this product is offered, is above any kind of eulas, but u didnt know that since u are just trolling here.

LOL. Go ahead and call a lawyer. You are NEVER entitled to bug-free software access 24/7. You are the one trolling, sir. NO country has any law that requires compensation if you don't have 24/7 access to something you license. NOR is there any recourse for bugs that exist, unless gamebreaking, in which you can *generally* attempt to get a refund. IN which case, you would get $15, minus whatever amount of time you've already used on your subscription. In other words, most courts would laugh at you.

This is just so frustrating, every time we have a patch something else goes wrong! But don't worry they will close the servers down for a fix during my prime gaming time to fix it so I can miss yet another night of raiding FFS.