Lord Trok - Way too many stuns

Screaming_Ziva

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've soloed them all no problem. L2p issue.

More like, learn to gear. There is a huge difference between running the kingpin missions in all 72's with level 55 augments, all datacron stat bonuses and a well-geared companion.....and running it with lesser gear and lesser companion gear. The better the gear, the easier it is....that doesn't make someone a better player...just better geared.

Trok does have a ridiculous amount of stuns. You're probably better off as a healer with a tank companion because you have someone to draw the threat off of you and take the brunt of the stuns. I did Trok as a tank and you get stunned basically every 2 seconds for the entire fight. Trok has a limitless supply of stuns as there are multiple stun abilities which seem to have no cooldown whatsoever. If you're geared well enough as a tank, you can do it without a "problem".....it's just a slow, tedious, grind of a fight.

It's not just the Kingpins and stuns. Some of the regular bounties and the sweeping knock backs are just as bad. No sooner that I get back on my feet I'm getting knocked off again and tossed 30 ft away, then stunned for 5 seconds, oh wait I get 2 attacks in and then another knock back......etc. a bit excessive I think. I think these mobs need a cool down on some of these abilities.

That can be annoying, but it's really only bad if you're standing near a ledge... as has happened to me a couple of times. :t_mad:

That can be annoying, but it's really only bad if you're standing near a ledge... as has happened to me a couple of times. :t_mad:

While I've been fortunate enough to not take a dive off of a cliff or otherwise tall bridge there were a couple close calls. That said, its not that I don't think the bounties shouldn't have any knock backs or stuns but rather they need to be put on a cool down at least somewhat resembling normal. And no, I'm not saying you were arguing that, I just thought it warranted mentioning.

Its weird too because my then 52-53 DPS Jugg had less problems with that then comparatively too my 55 Sin Tank.

• 4 months later...
You're probably better off as a healer with a tank companion because you have someone to draw the threat off of you and take the brunt of the stuns. I did Trok as a tank and you get stunned basically every 2 seconds for the entire fight. Trok has a limitless supply of stuns as there are multiple stun abilities which seem to have no cooldown whatsoever. If you're geared well enough as a tank, you can do it without a "problem".....it's just a slow, tedious, grind of a fight.

I wish, tried this myself for the first time as Inq sorcerer with tank companion. I was stuned just as much if not more than my companion. Soon as my companion was stuned the mob turned on me and stuned me before I could do anything to clear it from companion.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree, alone I am unable to beat Lord Trok with my level 55 (purple 66 geared) Sith Assassin. Maybe it's a case of "learn how to play my class", I don't know, but I managed everything else so far in the game. Except Lord Trok, she's unbeatable for me, no matter which companion I try (Khem fails, HK-51 fails, Treek fails...). And since there were just now ~60 level 55 players on Dromund Kass, that were all unwilling to help me (no one answered for over an hour of asking for help in general chat, and I don't ninja-invite people), I have enough and just gave it up after failing for hours, and removed that stupid quest from my log.

Sorry, but if something is supposed to be only beatable as a group, it should be marked as such; as an assassin, I don't think this mission is soloable -- I can't really hurt her, since I'm either stunned or get hit by lightning(alhtugh I'm outside the range...) or she's healing every bit of damage I did manage to do. :confused:

The rest of the (normal) bounty missions are fun and entertaining, but this one is just frustrating. Oh, and before anyone asks: I'm in no guild and don't plan on changing that. In my opinion the downsides of being in a guild outmatch the upsides clearly...

Some things in this game make me wonder if Bioware even bothered to test how an encounter can differ from class to class in what could potential be flashpoint style fights in solo content (case in point, the Archon fight). And sometimes I feel that they get just plain lazy when it comes to some fights (like the some of the Kingpin bounties).

I mean, the whole "boss has more CCs than god that have no cooldowns and who in turn can't be stunned" thing is quite old at this point in gaming history.

Some things in this game make me wonder if Bioware even bothered to test how an encounter can differ from class to class in what could potential be flashpoint style fights in solo content (case in point, the Archon fight). And sometimes I feel that they get just plain lazy when it comes to some fights (like the some of the Kingpin bounties).

I mean, the whole "boss has more CCs than god that have no cooldowns and who in turn can't be stunned" thing is quite old at this point in gaming history.

Actually, the problem is people trying to solo what is meant to be a group content. You cannot test and balance around that. When something is made as a group content (FP bosses, Kingpins, etc), and some peopel decide to solo it, they are knowingly adding extra layer of difficulty...

As for the Archon fight, I fail to see why people have so many problem with it, I think it soloed it on my second try with healer Operative in Makeb commendation gear, once I understood the mechanics....

Actually, the problem is people trying to solo what is meant to be a group content. You cannot test and balance around that. When something is made as a group content (FP bosses, Kingpins, etc), and some peopel decide to solo it, they are knowingly adding extra layer of difficulty...

As for the Archon fight, I fail to see why people have so many problem with it, I think it soloed it on my second try with healer Operative in Makeb commendation gear, once I understood the mechanics....

If it is supposed to be grouped, then it should be in an instance that says "designed for groups" like everything else group related.

As far as the Archon, yea, quite easy for a class with high mobility. Not all classes can can run around and cast abilities with such ease. The mechanics are easy to identify, the problem is the constant switching back and forth while at the same time micromanaging your companion while at the same time trying to keep yourself out of harm while at the same time trying to land some hits on the Archon again. It's a solo boss with heavy flashpoint style mechanics that again, Bioware didn't seem to test how all classes with different companions could deal with it. Wouldn't be so bad without the infinite support drones (another cliched game mechanic).

If it is supposed to be grouped, then it should be in an instance that says "designed for groups" like everything else group related.

Exactly my point! I rechecked Yesterday after posting here, and I did not see any indication in the game that the Kingpin missions are meant as group content! Other group content (like the first HK-51 missions) is clearly marked as "H2+" (or even "H4") and it says even in the description "(full) group suggested".

So, to those continuously posting "don't solo group content if you aren't geared to max": Please point me to the description / point in the game where it is clearly stated that Kingpin missions are meant for groups!

EDIT:

ANd please don't come with Dulfy, since last I checked, she does not work for / at Bioware, and a private website is not a "description in the game"!

Edited by dermitni

Exactly my point! I rechecked Yesterday after posting here, and I did not see any indication in the game that the Kingpin missions are meant as group content! Other group content (like the first HK-51 missions) is clearly marked as "H2+" (or even "H4") and it says even in the description "(full) group suggested".

So, to those continuously posting "don't solo group content if you aren't geared to max": Please point me to the description / point in the game where it is clearly stated that Kingpin missions are meant for groups!

EDIT:

ANd please don't come with Dulfy, since last I checked, she does not work for / at Bioware, and a private website is not a "description in the game"!

I'm pretty sure it used to say [Group 2+] on the mission, back when the Kingpins could be done daily. But when they changed the Kingpins to weekly missions, it was changed to [Weekly] instead.

But regardless of whether they're supposed to be done in a group or not, the amount of CC on some of these bosses is just stupid. One person in your group still ends up unable to do anything for half the fight because they get knocked down, then stunned, then knocked back, then stunned again. That's just not fun - it's tedious and annoying, even if you've got a group to help take it down. And yet it's showing up all over - Bounty Contracts, the Oricon heroic area, the Rakghoul event (seriously, making every fight start off with a 4 second stun was just stupid)...

They *really* need to come up with mechanics that make these bosses interesting, not mind-numbingly tedious.

I'm pretty sure it used to say [Group 2+] on the mission, back when the Kingpins could be done daily. But when they changed the Kingpins to weekly missions, it was changed to [Weekly] instead.

But regardless of whether they're supposed to be done in a group or not, the amount of CC on some of these bosses is just stupid. One person in your group still ends up unable to do anything for half the fight because they get knocked down, then stunned, then knocked back, then stunned again. That's just not fun - it's tedious and annoying, even if you've got a group to help take it down. And yet it's showing up all over - Bounty Contracts, the Oricon heroic area, the Rakghoul event (seriously, making every fight start off with a 4 second stun was just stupid)...

They *really* need to come up with mechanics that make these bosses interesting, not mind-numbingly tedious.

Yes, the current amount of both, stunning and undisruptable / unshakable enemies in new content is ridiculous. Bioware knows how to make (boss) fights interesting, without having to resort to "stun machine guns":

Take the first (and biggest) Isotope-5-droid you encounter! You have to be smart and clever about how to beat that thing and it is both challenging and entertaining.

However, simply giving a boss (or even smaller creatures) a whole set of stun / knock around abilities while at the same time making them undisruptable / unshakable, is just lazy. It even seems as if Bioware ran out of ideas for interesting fight mechanics...

So, to those continuously posting "don't solo group content if you aren't geared to max": Please point me to the description / point in the game where it is clearly stated that Kingpin missions are meant for groups!!

Kingpins were marked as [HEROIC] or [GROUP] during the first BBA event, then it was changed so each kingpin could be done only once per week, and for some reason, there is not a [WEEKLY HEROIC] tag for missions. I agree it should probably be noted in the missions description at least, for people who were not around the first time...

• 2 months later...

Beat her on my Sith Jugg tank with Quinn healing after a few tries. Some comments:

-Always run away from her if she's doing the spinning kick attack (unless you have saber reflect up)

-Saber reflect only after she heals to get most benefit

-Have companion stand moderately far away to avoid damage/death and having to heal himself too much

Following these rules, I beat her without ever dropping below 80% hp and didn't use heroic moment.

• 4 months later...
I just killed her with sith juggernaut lvl 51 - solo. Gear was.. well about 1/3, 1/2 Makeb commendations, the rest some older commendations and blues. Used Quinn for healing, his gear was way behind though. I had trouble at first, but when you use Soresu form, cycle through all the defensive abilities and kite her around the pillars (only way to cancel her channeling abilities), she will go down eventually. The kiting also helps your companion to heal you fully before you engage again. The stuns are annoying, but overall it was a pretty amazing epic battle :)

I've had no problems soloing any of the Kingpins except Lord Trok on Dromund Kass (yes, I know they are technically "group" missions). The amount of stuns Trok has is absolutely ridiculous. It seems like every other attack is a stun. I understand the Kingpins are supposed to be difficult but this is a bit over the top.

She's an assassin, what would you expect?

^.^

Having soloed this kingpin on my Sin tank, Marauder, and dps Merc without any issues, I found that while the stuns can be annoying, it is not really any worse than Sorna or Kavos on Oricon.

Honestly, Tatooine kingpin is more irritating than all of the other kingpins combined.

Edited by Oneirophrenia

I've had no problems soloing any of the Kingpins except Lord Trok on Dromund Kass (yes, I know they are technically "group" missions). The amount of stuns Trok has is absolutely ridiculous. It seems like every other attack is a stun. I understand the Kingpins are supposed to be difficult but this is a bit over the top.

I agree. It seems I've ran across a number of things that for BW to make it feel difficult or challenging is to make sure the mobs all have a plethora of stuns,knockdowns and knock-backs with a short coo down and at the same time making sure they continue to beat on you (and many with adds)

That doesn't really make for a challenge, just an annoyance and not all that fun for repeatable content.

What's even worse is that the Rakghoul knockdown did not respect Unremitting/Unstoppable stun immunity (from the middle JG/SJ tree). So the NPCs stungunned even those specs that are designed specifically for stun immunity, i.e those specs that would help make these kinds of fights fun by being able to counterplay the stunguns. :rolleyes:

Funny how folks can have problems with different things :) of all the kingpins on empire side I have the biggest problem with Claw (Alderaan) and the guy on Tatooine... can't do them solo on my assassin tank. Funny enough I thought the Dromund Kaas one together with the one on Voss (terrible memory for names) the easiest.

They aren't 'technically' group missions, they ARE group missions and are designed as such. Nothing is stopping you from soloing them, but you can't really ask that they be redesigned away from what's intended so that 55s can solo them more easily.

Seriously? I have no problem on this fight (and I unlocked her on my Merc, whose key abilities are all channeled or cast). If my Merc can handle it no problem, you're doing it wrong.

You are so awesome. We should all learn from you. Thank you for enlightening us! At least 22 cm long, right?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.