Treek and SGRA

fabiyun

Political, social or moral issues do not belong inside of video game where we all play to have fun and escape the real world. :)

That should be it. This is a non issue

You're talking about a game that has an explicit morality system for characters and that attempts to deal with social issues by broad analogy to the real world (albeit frequently ham-handedly, but still). Escapism is a part of any game, but you can't ignore that "political, social, and moral issues" are, in fact, addressed too.

And since same-gender romance content is also part of the game in some form, it's a perfectly valid thing to discuss.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Political, social or moral issues do not belong inside of video game where we all play to have fun and escape the real world. :)

SGR isn't a political, social, or moral issue unless you turn it into one. It's already in the game and every Bioware game because for some people, that is their way to have fun and escape the real world where society is still not very accepting of people being different.

SGR isn't a political, social, or moral issue unless you turn it into one. It's already in the game and every Bioware game because for some people, that is their way to have fun and escape the real world where society is still not very accepting of people being different.

The problem is, the OP did turn it into one. Rather than just focusing on having the content in the game, OP stated that it was an equality issue that SGRA companions had to be paid for. Not defending the other person's opinion in any way.

Oh, my post apologizing for the one that was deleted has now been . . . deleted.

Well we are going to have to civilly disagree on this. LGBT characters are in the game and lore, so why shouldn't we discuss the addition of future LGBT companions as long as it is done constructively and politely? :i_angel:

We have a game where you can choose your morality and torture and murder people with little consequence, yet having an optional SGR romance is to much of 'political, social and moral' issue to even discuss about? I simply can't understand that viewpoint personally.

Beside, a gay player who has suffered from the hardships of homophobia in real life may find it comforting to escape to a world where such a thing doesn't have to exist.

Edited by Cyberwoman

Oh, my post apologizing for the one that was deleted has now been . . . deleted.

Well we are going to have to civilly disagree on this. LGBT characters are in the game and lore, so why shouldn't we discuss the addition of future LGBT companions as long as it is done constructively and politely? :i_angel:

We have a game where you can torture and murder people with little consequence, yet having an optional SGR romance is to much of 'political, social and moral' issue to even discuss about? I simply can't understand that personally.

Beside, a gay player who has suffered from the hardships of homophobia in real life may find it comforting to escape to a world where such a thing doesn't have to exist.

Couldn't have said it better if I had hired someone else to write it into a speech.

Perhaps you don't play very many computer games. Games are chock-full of political, social and moral issues. Every time this game gives you a choice between LS and DS, you are being presented with a moral issue.

You're talking about a game that has an explicit morality system for characters and that attempts to deal with social issues by broad analogy to the real world (albeit frequently ham-handedly, but still). Escapism is a part of any game, but you can't ignore that "political, social, and moral issues" are, in fact, addressed too.

And since same-gender romance content is also part of the game in some form, it's a perfectly valid thing to discuss.

It is, but trying to tie it into everything, even things that don't apply makes no sense. I doubt this bear is going to be romance-able by anyone. The OP just posted Treek in the title cause it's the current forum buzzword and felt it would get more attention.

I would also be interested in learning what BioWare's plans for SGR companions are, if any, and I think the point OP raises about dissonance existing between the goal of 'equalizing the representation of romance in the game' and the 'pricing precedent Treek might set' is a meaningful one. I hadn't previously considered it.

That said, I just wanted to address a couple things:

And how does Treek fit into all this? How can you release an SGRA companion and not charge 2100CC for it and adding a legacy level 40 requirement and the payment of 1 million credits? You're rewarding the sentiments some players have that "things need to be worked for" whatever that may mean. So it goes entirely within reason that people will expect anything new that's added will have to be "worked for", and releasing an SGRA companion would have to be "worked for" or it's a "slap in the face". Of course that disregards the reality that nobody needs to work for a heterosexual companion, but to many the experience will feel like some are given things without "having to work" for them, while others do not. Or is your intent to charge LGBT players for content that is otherwise freely and easily available to heterosexuals?

But this can be spun in any number of ways. For example, if devs were to discount SGR companions on the cartel market, or even make them freely available by those same means, then one could just as easily choose to portray incongruity between SGR companion prices and Treek's or HK's price as signaling the lesser value of these companions. To some extent I don't think BioWare can possibly win a PR game that depends upon price signaling.

However, again, that an added cost represents a literal barrier to access is still a good point.

male players need to run on the Empire side and female players on the republic side, to get 1 flirtable NPC.

This one has been bandied about a lot but it isn't actually true. In fact the Seeker Droid and Macrobinocular NPCs are SGR flirtable. On the Empire side, for example, players seeking female SGR have two options. Incidentally, the criticism which portrayed Makeb as a segregated "gay planet" is incorrect in the same way, as these NPCs are in fact located on the capital worlds.

Edited by Laiov

We have a game where you can choose your morality and torture and murder people with little consequence, yet having an optional SGR romance is to much of 'political, social and moral' issue to even discuss about? I simply can't understand that viewpoint personally.

What you are saying has nothing to do with the OP's tone. He/she is preemptively complaining about how future SGR companions might be obtained as well as all but accusing BioWare of discriminatory practices.

It has nothing to do with whether or not SGR companions belong in the game or not. It is manufactured drama and obscenely false accusations.

What you are saying has nothing to do with the OP's tone. He/she is preemptively complaining about how future SGR companions might be obtained as well as all but accusing BioWare of discriminatory practices.

It has nothing to do with whether or not SGR companions belong in the game or not. It is manufactured drama and obscenely false accusations.

With a healthy dose of slippery slopery.

Some people want SGRA. I don't see why asking for it is a problem. True that OP did kind of make it more of a social issue than a game issue, but it is a game issue. I'd like to see it added. Not because relationship arcs matter to me. Simply because depth matters to me. I want to be immersed. Creating a world that pretends people of different sexual orientations don't exist, is unrealistic to me and makes it difficult to be immersed. That's just my point of view though.

Well said.

Immersion is why I love the game. I adore how every character can have a different personality, a different set of morals by which to guide them. What separates this game from a lot of other MMO's is the fact that these characters are alive, not mindless avatars. They actually have an affect on the story, other characters and world around them. To have such a game ignore something like the differences in peoples sexualities just feels off and against what this game should be about.

Couldn't have said it better if I had hired someone else to write it into a speech.

Thanks! :i_angel:

I would also be interested in learning what BioWare's plans for SGR companions are, if any, and I think the point OP raises about dissonance existing between the goal of 'equalizing the representation of romance in the game' and the 'pricing precedent Treek might set' is a meaningful one. I hadn't previously considered it.

That said, I just wanted to address a couple things:

But this can be spun in any number of ways. For example, if devs were to discount SGR companions on the cartel market, or even make them freely available by those same means, then one could just as easily choose to portray incongruity between SGR companion prices and Treek's or HK's price as signaling the lesser value of these companions. To some extent I don't think BioWare can possibly win a PR game over the subject that depends upon price signaling.

However, again, that an added cost represents a literal barrier to access is still a good point.

This one has been bandied about a lot but it isn't actually true. In fact the Seeker Droid and Macrobinocular NPCs are SGR flirtable. On the Empire side, for example, players seeking female SGR have two options. Incidentally, the criticism which portrayed Makeb as a segregated "gay planet" is incorrect in the same way, as these NPCs are in fact located on the capital worlds.

I raised the thread because I think that Treek and SGRA can, but are not necessarily, be related. But until such time that BW starts talking, we have no way of knowing. In which case, this sets off alarm bells. Pricing companions and SGRA companions is going to be a slippery slope, and they need to consider these things carefully.

If SGRA companions would be cheaper than Treek, or *gasp* free, this forum will very likely explode with complaints. Which is going to happen anyway when SGRA is added, that would only make it worse. Setting Treek at such a high price point does not make SGRA companions added to the game through the CM look like a positive thing for those who had wanted to see SGRA in since day 1. And yet, what other options does BW then have for itself? If they rewrite the class companions then people are going to complain it takes away resources. If they add new companions for free or a lower price point than Treek then people are going to complain about that. If they add SGRA companions at the same price point, then I wonder how many people are going to be able or willing to pay 2100CC. If not many do, then they will say, see SGRA is not profitable. If they do, then we are going to see many more things that are not heterosexual on the CM.

Now whether or not any of these things are good or not, the real question is, what is BW up to? And why can they after all this time still not communicate anything related to SGRA to the playerbase. Why do we still know nothing?

Is there a roadmap for SGRA companions?

Are we going to have to pay for SGRA companions either through an expansion or a cartel market purchase?

That can't be very difficult to answer, and it is entirely relevant to Treek, because Treek creates a price point and a story precedent (oh sorry, fluff content). Cathar has likely created a point of reference for all new species. And Treek will likely do the same for future companions.

But perhaps I'm a negative Nancy, and Treek is the first of many companions and is the only one going onto the CM. Afterall, not all dyes are on the CM either (though most are) and not all armor is on the CM either (we're getting new endgame armor). But why can BW comment on all those other issues related to the CM and future content, and not on companions that matter to everyone expecting to see SGRA companions come into this game.

Alright. It seems there are greatly different viewpoints on this issue. Yet again, just like other threads that are on here and it seems my post has been misunderstood and looked upon in a negative light. Which, in fact, I was not trying to do. This is all a misunderstanding.

The reason I said "political, moral or social issues shouldn't be in a video game" is because we shouldn't drag what we have in this world and screw things up in the virtual world. Now that is not, repeat not saying, that SGRA is screwed up. It is just best to leave it out of the virtual world we all love so there are no complications and we can all have fun without any arguments about things that are obviously in this world reflected in the game.

I understand that a homosexual person would want to have a relationship inside a game because they have been burned by homophobic people in real life and not feel comfortable to do it again. Know that putting things into a video game to solve in real life problems is not a way to make yourself feel better about things or start doing things. It's just an excuse. Simply putting a lesbian or gay character in a video game just because you can't get one in real life doesn't solve the issue of that person not being able to get one in real life. Same goes for a heterosexual person. It's the exact same principle. It's a game, meant for fun. Treat it as such :) But don't use it as too MUCH of an outlet to drive on the shoulder past your problems. ;)

If a person has that much lack of confidence, that much remorse in them, that they have been made fun of too many times, or called names, or hit just because they were different, you can't just go into a video game to make your problems disappear and say "oh, I'm in another galaxy, all my problems are gone". That's not the right way to do it. You have to grab life by the horns if you feel down, and if stuff is bothering you, you have to confide in either yourself or somebody else who shares the same views you do or makes you feel comfortable. Because what happens when that game is no longer around? What happens to your self esteem and yourself when your virtual character is no longer there and you can't have a relationship with your npc character? You will have nothing to fall back on and perhaps you will break down and feel even LESS comfortable with yourself ;)

Everybody wants to feel loved. No matter who you are. All the time. Even the most hate filled, angry, person wants love deep down. Finding it in a video game is no way to live your life looking for love. If you have issues finding somebody, straight or gay, then YOU need to work on that in real life. Not go into a game looking for a specific relationship and say "hey, im gonna date this npc! i LOVE him" No, you don't love him. You love IT. The idea of it. You love the idea of somebody loving you back and everybody does. Saying the right things at the right time. Running around the galaxy together. Making all these things up in your mind. It's programmed into the game to get you to play more so you give them more money :) It's not genuine love nor should it be thought of like that. It's a game. It's not reality. It is made up of your decisions you made to get them to talk to you nicely that determined the outcome to get your character to love you or not. It is directly set.

Make no mistake. The virtual world should not reflect what goes on in this world. Sure, your character is a reflection of you sometimes and sometimes it's somebody you want to roleplay completely different! But having your issues go onto your character is doing a disservice to yourself and will just get your less prepared for your problems in the real world in the future. In no way shape or form, because you are romancing an npc in game, will it suddenly make you get a partner in real life. Now, that's not say some people prefer to romance inside a game that is made up and not deal with people anymore. Or they feel they can't be themselves in real life and play out scenarios in which they wish they could but they just...can't in real life.

That is a self esteem and self confidence issue there. Don't blame the game for not having what YOU want just because YOU have issue and cannot do it in real life. Blame yourself, but don't feel sorry for yourself. The first step is admitting you have a problem. But don't think of it as a "problem" think of it as just something you have to work on :) It doesn't matter what other people think of who YOU are. It only matters of what you think of yourself. If you keep living your life trying to prove to others you are somebody you are comfortable with and make them, in a way, share your views, you are going to keep barking, being angry, mad, upset your whole life because there will be people 100 percent that will never, ever, ever share the same views you have. And there are some people, once they see you are comfortable with yourself, they will always find something to try and bring you down because they aren't happy with themselves :)

It doesn't matter who you are. It matters who you are comfortable being. If you are comfortable with yourself, have enough confidence, know there are others that won't share your same opinion on subjects you love, they might hate, then everything else will just fall into line :) Be positive, optimistic, rational and logical. Yes sometimes you can joke and don't be to thinned skinned for jokes cause it's just for funnies, but know some may not like it. Just accept it. You can't change people. ;) Also, be a person of honor, courage, commitment, sacrifice and respect for both yourself and others for the overall general well being of existence. :)

Edited by Basreia

I understand that a homosexual person would want to have a relationship inside a game because they have been burned by homophobic people in real life and not feel comfortable to do it again. Know that putting things into a video game to solve in real life problems is not a way to make yourself feel better about things or start doing things. It's just an excuse. Simply putting a lesbian or gay character in a video game just because you can't get one in real life doesn't solve the issue of that person not being able to get one in real life. Same goes for a heterosexual person. It's the exact same principle. It's a game, meant for fun. Treat it as such :) But don't use it as too MUCH of an outlet to drive on the shoulder past your problems. ;)

That was a really big wall of text but I just wanted to focus on this one part here, because it's clear you don't quite understand the motivation here.

Hetero romance arcs already exist in the game, did from beta and launch. All people are asking for is the same courtesy to be extended to their particular preference (which regardless of skewed census data some people like to cite is a decent population). Now I get that BioWare did throw these people a bone with Makeb but it isn't quite the same as a companion.

It isn't really that hard to understand, nor should it be prescribed to some kind of mental illness as you seem to suggest. It's just asking for equality (or really just an actual consideration).

Edited by hadoken

Is there a roadmap for SGRA companions?

Are we going to have to pay for SGRA companions either through an expansion or a cartel market purchase?

That can't be very difficult to answer, and it is entirely relevant to Treek, because Treek creates a price point and a story precedent (oh sorry, fluff content). Cathar has likely created a point of reference for all new species. And Treek will likely do the same for future companions.

It might be relevant to Treek, but it is entirely irrelevant to your ability to play and enjoy the game. Although if you derive enjoyment from finding things to be dissatisfied with, it actually enhances your enjoyment.

I love how a Mod will always rush in and comment on an SGR post so that BW can seem super PC.

This is such a waist of resources and of people's sub fees that don't care anything about this. There is probably less than 1% of the community that is concerned about this and would like sub fees diverted from producing content that everyone can enjoy to producing cutscenes that a particular group of players can use as ammo to make a statement about real world politics. Something that I am trying to escape when I am playing a video game.

It might be relevant to Treek, but it is entirely irrelevant to your ability to play and enjoy the game. Although if you derive enjoyment from finding things to be dissatisfied with, it actually enhances your enjoyment.

How can this be irrelevant to the OP's ability to play and enjoy the game?

For the OP and others it is not irrelevant and for some fairly important. You cannot tell someone that this is not the case because it is a personal desire.

How can this be irrelevant to the OP's ability to play and enjoy the game?

For the OP and others it is not irrelevant and for some fairly important. You cannot tell someone that this is not the case because it is a personal desire.

It's a game. It's supposed to be fun. If they do not enjoy it, the solution is to do something else. It's also an inherently trivial activity.

That was a really big wall of text but I just wanted to focus on this one part here, because it's clear you don't quite understand the motivation here.

Hetero romance arcs already exist in the game, did from beta and launch. All people are asking for is the same courtesy to be extended to their particular preference (which regardless of skewed census data some people like to cite is a decent population). Now I get that BioWare did throw these people a bone with Makeb but it isn't quite the same as a companion.

It isn't really that hard to understand, nor should it be prescribed to some kind of mental illness as you seem to suggest. It's just asking for equality (or really just an actual consideration).

Another misunderstanding. Did you actually just accuse me of seeing it as a mental illness? Where did I ever say anything to the ludicrous statement that you just said. If you read the whole post you would have understood. But you were too busy misinterpreting what I said to fit your view what you think that I said, which I never even came close, You should be happy with who you are and don't need to please anybody. But be rational, don't accuse and know others have opinions to. Please, don't make it out into something that I did NOT say. Thanks :)

P.S. This has already taken too much of my time. I made my post into a constructive, understanding and positive post. I am not going to have people accuse me of things I never said. I am leaving this thread now and I suggest you all who share different viewpoints do the same. I have concluded this is just completely ridiculous by saying BioWare is being discriminatory charging for SGRA companions. I'm out. Goodbye and I hope you all end it well :) First step is admitting you have a problem. That goes for anyone, any gender, any race, any sexual preference. Think I made that pretty clear. Please, do not twist my words into your liking to benefit your situation. Thanks :)

Edited by Basreia

It's a game. It's supposed to be fun. If they do not enjoy it, the solution is to do something else. It's also an inherently trivial activity.

Yes it is supposed to be fun. An escape from reality.

Which is exactly why it is relevant to people.

In the real world this is a big social issue. Seeing this in game as a non-issue (being included but no one in the game cares, not players NPC's) is a big relief an helps with that escape.

Another misunderstanding. Did you actually just accuse me of seeing it as a mental illness? Where did I ever say anything to the ludicrous statement that you just said. If you read the whole post you would have understood. But you were too busy misinterpreting what I said to fit your view what you think that I said, which I never even came close, You should be happy with who you are and don't need to please anybody. But be rational, don't accuse and know others have opinions to. Please, don't make it out into something that I did NOT say. Thanks :)

You basically set up this gigantic strawman to knock down as to why people are asking for SGRA in this game. Mental illness might be a bit strong but clearly you think people asking for this have 'problems'.

To clarify, here's some of what you actually wrote in that wall:

Know that putting things into a video game to solve in real life problems is not a way to make yourself feel better about things or start doing things. It's just an excuse. Simply putting a lesbian or gay character in a video game just because you can't get one in real life doesn't solve the issue of that person not being able to get one in real life.

If a person has that much lack of confidence, that much remorse in them, that they have been made fun of too many times, or called names, or hit just because they were different, you can't just go into a video game to make your problems disappear and say "oh, I'm in another galaxy, all my problems are gone".

If you have issues finding somebody, straight or gay, then YOU need to work on that in real life. Not go into a game looking for a specific relationship and say "hey, im gonna date this npc! i LOVE him" No, you don't love him. You love IT. The idea of it. You love the idea of somebody loving you back and everybody does. Saying the right things at the right time. Running around the galaxy together. Making all these things up in your mind.

In no way shape or form, because you are romancing an npc in game, will it suddenly make you get a partner in real life.

Don't blame the game for not having what YOU want just because YOU have issue and cannot do it in real life.
Edited by hadoken

You basically set up this gigantic strawman to knock down as to why people are asking for SGRA in this game. Mental illness might be a bit strong but clearly you think people asking for this have 'problems'.

To clarify, here's some of what you actually wrote in that wall:

Pretty much from that, what I see is someone saying "heterosexual romances are FINE when they're imaginary because they're held up to pinnacles of goodness in our society, but because homosexual relationships are maginalised by the mainstream, wanting to have one in a video game, for whatever reasons you want and regardless of who you are IRL, means you cannot sever fiction and reality and that means you're mental".

Or something.

Alright. It seems there are greatly different viewpoints on this issue. Yet again, just like other threads that are on here and it seems my post has been misunderstood and looked upon in a negative light. Which, in fact, I was not trying to do. This is all a misunderstanding.

The reason I said "political, moral or social issues shouldn't be in a video game" is because we shouldn't drag what we have in this world and screw things up in the virtual world. Now that is not, repeat not saying, that SGRA is screwed up. It is just best to leave it out of the virtual world we all love so there are no complications and we can all have fun without any arguments about things that are obviously in this world reflected in the game.

The only people who would arguing are those against or don't understand homosexuality. Why should there opinion be taken over that of those who dont mind and support more LGBT characters and companions? A lot of people are grown up about such things now, and even if support was low, why should minorities be ignored? Like any romance, SGR is just an optional way to experience the lore of the game. Why should adding additional SGR characters complicate things?

If a person has that much lack of confidence, that much remorse in them, that they have been made fun of too many times, or called names, or hit just because they were different, you can't just go into a video game to make your problems disappear and say "oh, I'm in another galaxy, all my problems are gone". That's not the right way to do it. You have to grab life by the horns if you feel down, and if stuff is bothering you, you have to confide in either yourself or somebody else who shares the same views you do or makes you feel comfortable. Because what happens when that game is no longer around? What happens to your self esteem and yourself when your virtual character is no longer there and you can't have a relationship with your npc character? You will have nothing to fall back on and perhaps you will break down and feel even LESS comfortable with yourself ;)

Everybody wants to feel loved. No matter who you are. All the time. Even the most hate filled, angry, person wants love deep down. Finding it in a video game is no way to live your life looking for love. If you have issues finding somebody, straight or gay, then YOU need to work on that in real life. Not go into a game looking for a specific relationship and say "hey, im gonna date this npc! i LOVE him" No, you don't love him. You love IT. The idea of it. You love the idea of somebody loving you back and everybody does. Saying the right things at the right time. Running around the galaxy together. Making all these things up in your mind. It's programmed into the game to get you to play more so you give them more money :) It's not genuine love nor should it be thought of like that. It's a game. It's not reality. It is made up of your decisions you made to get them to talk to you nicely that determined the outcome to get your character to love you or not. It is directly set.

Make no mistake. The virtual world should not reflect what goes on in this world. Sure, your character is a reflection of you sometimes and sometimes it's somebody you want to roleplay completely different! But having your issues go onto your character is doing a disservice to yourself and will just get your less prepared for your problems in the real world in the future. In no way shape or form, because you are romancing an npc in game, will it suddenly make you get a partner in real life. Now, that's not say some people prefer to romance inside a game that is made up and not deal with people anymore. Or they feel they can't be themselves in real life and play out scenarios in which they wish they could but they just...can't in real life.

That is a self esteem and self confidence issue there. Don't blame the game for not having what YOU want just because YOU have issue and cannot do it in real life. Blame yourself, but don't feel sorry for yourself. The first step is admitting you have a problem. But don't think of it as a "problem" think of it as just something you have to work on :) It doesn't matter what other people think of who YOU are. It only matters of what you think of yourself. If you keep living your life trying to prove to others you are somebody you are comfortable with and make them, in a way, share your views, you are going to keep barking, being angry, mad, upset your whole life because there will be people 100 percent that will never, ever, ever share the same views you have. And there are some people, once they see you are comfortable with yourself, they will always find something to try and bring you down because they aren't happy with themselves :)

It doesn't matter who you are. It matters who you are comfortable being. If you are comfortable with yourself, have enough confidence, know there are others that won't share your same opinion on subjects you love, they might hate, then everything else will just fall into line :) Be positive, optimistic, rational and logical. Yes sometimes you can joke and don't be to thinned skinned for jokes cause it's just for funnies, but know some may not like it. Just accept it. You can't change people. ;) Also, be a person of honor, courage, commitment, sacrifice and respect for both yourself and others for the overall general well being of existence. :)

Wait, what? I don't think anyone has ever suggested that the reason we want SGR in this game is because they can't get a real lover in live! Do you believe that people who engage in heterosexual romances in-game are doing that because they cant find anyone outside the game too?

There are heterosexual relationship in this game, so why shouldn't there be SGR? It is that simple! Even if I wasn't bisexual, I would for adding same-sex romance in to the game because I believe very strongly in the idea of equality. In my mind there is no reason, be it lore or the simple fact that this is a game, why SGR should not be added when heterosexual relationships are.

After reading you're post, I can't help but thinking that you do have some sort of problem with homosexuality. You seem fine with the idea of morality (LS and DS choices) and other issues in the game, but I just do not understand why you are singling out SGR like this. I do hope I am wrong and I am just misunderstanding your view.

Edited by Cyberwoman

That's kind of a silly comeback. On these grounds, no one should ask for any improvements going forward at all.

"PvE story content? Whatever, just do something else. New gear? Psh, there's already loads of gear, and if you don't like it you can giiiiit out. New varieties of PvP? Pft, if you get bored with Huttball you might as well just switch games."

People enjoy this game, they enjoy spending time playing this game, but they would like to make it better and more enjoyable. How's that unreasonable?

Yes it is supposed to be fun. An escape from reality.

Which is exactly why it is relevant to people.

They have 100s of options. If TOR is not meeting their needs, why are they playing it?

I don't like what the GTA games stand for, so I don't play them. 'Nuff said.

That's kind of a silly comeback. On these grounds, no one should ask for any improvements going forward at all.

Asking is one thing. Getting upset over something as trivial as a computer game is another.

People enjoy this game, they enjoy spending time playing this game, but they would like to make it better and more enjoyable. How's that unreasonable?

As I said, asking is one thing, getting upset is another.

Edited by branmakmuffin