It's 2800cc for the companion for EVERY CHARACTER YOU EVER MAKE TOTAL EVER

Greenify

What is this thread even about?

Not sure why it needed another thread but ... /shrug

It is about the cost of the new companion introduced with patch 2.3

It cost 2100 Cartel Coins to get the level 10 quest. Completing the quest unlocks the ewok for that one character. Just like most of the other colection items, it cost a little more (700) to unlock the quest for all of your other characters. So 2800 CC is all you will ever have to pay to get the companion for all of your characters.

FWIW, if you don't want to repeat the quest for each of your characters you will also have the option to buy the companion outright for 300K credits once it is unlocked the first time.

Edited by Dominoris

Either you are trolling... or you are an idiot.

Try reading.

It is 2100 Cartel Coins / 1 million credits + Legacy level 40 to unlock the companion on ONE character.

"The Mercenary Contract can be purchased as an account-wide (ACCOUNT, not server, not character. All characters, all servers.) unlock (like any other item) after it has been unlocked by one character on the account (700 Cartel Coins). Doing so will allow any other character on the account to pull down a copy of the Mercenary Contract, which can be used to start the quest as above."

"Once one character on a Legacy has completed the quest and received the Treek Legacy Unlock, any other character on that legacy can purchase the Treek Character Perk for the appropriate faction, which will instantly grant that character Treek as a Companion without needing to complete the quest again. The Character Perk is purchased with in-game credits (300,000) and requires Legacy Level 40 and Character Level 10."

/endthread

(In case you didn't get it, it's 2800 for account-wide unlock or 1.3 million credits and legacy level 40).

Edited by jediluck
Forgot to add a summary.

Try reading.

It is 2100 Cartel Coins / 1 million credits + Legacy level 40 to unlock the companion on ONE character.

"The Mercenary Contract can be purchased as an account-wide (ACCOUNT, not server, not character. All characters, all servers.) unlock (like any other item) after it has been unlocked by one character on the account (700 Cartel Coins). Doing so will allow any other character on the account to pull down a copy of the Mercenary Contract, which can be used to start the quest as above."

"Once one character on a Legacy has completed the quest and received the Treek Legacy Unlock, any other character on that legacy can purchase the Treek Character Perk for the appropriate faction, which will instantly grant that character Treek as a Companion without needing to complete the quest again. The Character Perk is purchased with in-game credits (300,000) and requires Legacy Level 40 and Character Level 10."

/endthread

(In case you didn't get it, it's 2800 for account-wide unlock or 1.3 million credits and legacy level 40).

I guess I should have taken that first reply seriously.

Try reading.

Maybe you should take your own advice. You may be closer, but I don't think you have it right either.

Step 1: Get on one character

Method 1: Buy for 2100 CC [only requirement is level 10]

Method 2: Buy for 1 million credits [requirements level 10 and legacy level 40]

Step 2: Unlock for multiple characters

Method 1: Buy account-wide unlock for 700 CC from collections [no legacy level required]

Method 2: Buy legacy unlock for 300k credits per character (legacy is not account wide) [legacy level 40 is required]

You can only mix and match the process in on case:

Buy with 1 million credits and 700 CC to get account wide at legacy 40.

So the methods to get all your toons on one server:

- The mixed mehod above.

- All CCs 2800

- All Credits 1 million + 300k per toon on legacy (max 6.3 mill for 21 additional characters)

- I suppose you could buy new each time for 2100 CC per toon / 1 million per toon if you hate having money.

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

... it's 2800 for account-wide unlock or 1.3 million credits and legacy level 40...

Not quite right. The credits method is 1 million for the first character and the 300,000 per character (in character perks) for the rest (or likely 700 cartel coins for the accout-wide unlock would work here too). Legacy level 40 required to use credits.

Edited by Lowarro

Not quite right. The credits method is 1 million for the first character and the 300,000 per character for the rest (or likely 700 cartel coins for the accout-wide unlock would work here too). Legacy level 40 required to use credits.

That's the main way I meant. (as in, all Cartel Coins, or all Credits (plus the legacy level requirement obviously)

Sorry - did I miss the response to the OP saying:

"No, you are incorrect. 2800cc for the companion for every character you ever make UNDER THE SAME LEGACY AS THE CHRACTER THAT ORIGINALLY UNLOCKED IT".

You pay 700cc for a Legacy unlock NOT an account unlock - the two are very different.

"No, you are incorrect. 2800cc for the companion for every character you ever make UNDER THE SAME LEGACY AS THE CHRACTER THAT ORIGINALLY UNLOCKED IT".

You pay 700cc for a Legacy unlock NOT an account unlock - the two are very different.

I believe if its through collections it will work on other servers like how your cartel coins are cross server and account wide not legacy wide, but I have never tried it just heard that collections works this way, so even a character made on a different server will have your collection unlocks unlocked

this is just for the 700cc collections unlock the 300,000 credit legacy unlock should work as all other legacy unlocks

Edited by Vis-Tecum

That's the main way I meant. (as in, all Cartel Coins, or all Credits (plus the legacy level requirement obviously)

i think you're missing the point that 700 cc is a one-time unlock for an entire account and 300k credits is a one-time unlock for each character

so 1.3m credits is only 2 treeks, 2800 cc is unlimited treeks

You have it backwards. 700 CCs is a collections unlock which IS account-wide.

300k is a legacy unlock which IS NOT account-wide, but server-wide.

You have it backwards. 700 CCs is a collections unlock which IS account-wide.

300k is a legacy unlock which IS NOT account-wide, but server-wide.

No, 300k is for a character perk, which is character wide (which is honestly not very wide).

This is all clearly written in the original blog. Why is this so hard to understand.

Edited by MillionsKNives

No, 300k is for a character perk, which is character wide (which is honestly not very wide).

This is all clearly written in the original blog. Why is this so hard to understand.

You miss understood the emphasis of my point was on account verse server not the price. I didn't mean 300k would unlock every character on legacy. I meant it's restricted to legacy. As in a character on a different server won't even have the 300k option, where as the 700 CC unlock will allow that character on the other server to do it.

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.