delibratly ignoring the objectives

cub-lover

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's less funny when you're the 5th person stuck guarding the pylon because you want to win the game. I occasionally yell "Pylon big inc" and then leave, if someone doesn't respond to that they wanted to lose anyway.

Mmm, little selfish, isn't it? I mean, most likely the other person who arrives to help you doesn't like guarding the pylon anymore than you do. Oh, and believe me, it's more annoying when you are trying to hold mid with 3 people, thanks to those 5 heroes, and then notice that none of those heroes guard the pylon, so you have to run to there and be "stuck guarding it". Most likely, the whole match.

Though tbh, I don't really mind guarding unless I'm playing with a class I'm not completely comfortable with - i.e. with my lowbie mara and sentinel I hate guarding in AH because they don't have attacks with 30m range yet (jump doesn't count) so basically, a good scoundrel/operative could ninjacap the pylon and I would have no idea how to stop them. But especially with stealthers, it's so fun to ruin a ninjacapper's day...

jsut thought id make a post about it. I like many others deliberately ignore the objectives in pvp simply because why should i make an effort when the rest of the team unless im with a guildie is just derping around?

i play dps operative lethality level 32 atm close to 33 along with a level 30 lethality sniper i don't care if it's NC ACW HB AHG or VS i will let them cap/plant i wont bother to interrupt them if im on my op and im in stealth they come to get a node or plant the bomb i wont call it or try to interrupt.

I simply lol at the rage i get in chat they ask why i let them cap/plant my response is simple.

"why should i try to stop it when i know for a fact i will call it neither of you will stop trying to get a kill to come and help until they already posses the node?"

You sound like a worthless pile in any case, so I doubt you would be any help no matter how you played.

You are undoubtedly one of those sub 50k damage/no obj/afk types who has no value to the team, and seemingly just logs in to be bad at things.

By all means, continue.

Mmm, little selfish, isn't it? I mean, most likely the other person who arrives to help you doesn't like guarding the pylon anymore than you do. Oh, and believe me, it's more annoying when you are trying to hold mid with 3 people, thanks to those 5 heroes, and then notice that none of those heroes guard the pylon, so you have to run to there and be "stuck guarding it". Most likely, the whole match.

Though tbh, I don't really mind guarding unless I'm playing with a class I'm not completely comfortable with - i.e. with my lowbie mara and sentinel I hate guarding in AH because they don't have attacks with 30m range yet (jump doesn't count) so basically, a good scoundrel/operative could ninjacap the pylon and I would have no idea how to stop them. But especially with stealthers, it's so fun to ruin a ninjacapper's day...

I defend all the time, I'm usually playing my concealment operative so it makes sense for me the defend. I'll even volunteer to defend a lot of the time. Not wanting to be pigeon-holed into it because my team is a bunch of ***** is not selfish; and if me wanting to play my video game the way i want is selfish, I'll be selfish, I play games to have fun after all.

<.< if it makes anyone feel any better, I actually like guarding. The only time it sucks is when you're on a team you know can't even -pressure- the enemy nodes (let alone take one) and you know you're gonna sit there doing nothing all match. 0 damage, 0 kills, 0 deaths, and the most medals on your team is kinda...

"O.o damn peeps, uninstall!"

Once again, this highlights the main problem with WZ's - the most important job is doing NOTHING while you guard something. I know plenty of guys who will guard, I will also guard, but I've never met anyone who entered a WZ, HOPING to guard something.

God, that is well said. This is why I'm dying for new maps with the innovation of Huttball (but not just Huttball) where the best players don't have to spend 75% of the match with thumb squarely up ***.

Objective PvP is fun, but there are a lot of ways to do it that don't require turning one or more players into glorified security guards reading a magazine at the desk.

jsut thought id make a post about it. I like many others deliberately ignore the objectives in pvp simply because why should i make an effort when the rest of the team unless im with a guildie is just derping around?

i play dps operative lethality level 32 atm close to 33 along with a level 30 lethality sniper i don't care if it's NC ACW HB AHG or VS i will let them cap/plant i wont bother to interrupt them if im on my op and im in stealth they come to get a node or plant the bomb i wont call it or try to interrupt.

I simply lol at the rage i get in chat they ask why i let them cap/plant my response is simple.

"why should i try to stop it when i know for a fact i will call it neither of you will stop trying to get a kill to come and help until they already posses the node?"

People ignore objectives in level 55 PvP too. Get used to it.

God, that is well said. This is why I'm dying for new maps with the innovation of Huttball (but not just Huttball) where the best players don't have to spend 75% of the match with thumb squarely up ***.

Objective PvP is fun, but there are a lot of ways to do it that don't require turning one or more players into glorified security guards reading a magazine at the desk.

I think the key is to find a way to make attacking the off node a reasonable task to handle. Taking away the side speeders in ACW is a big step in the right direction. I don't mind guarding if I'm going to get attacked from time to time.

Oh god yes, more huttball!

(Or stuff like Huttball)

Moving objectives, that's the ticket.

L O L! :) I agree 1000%!!!! And you're right, this is exactly why I think Huttball is the most liked WZ - everybody needs to be doing "something".

Moving objectives, that's the ticket.

Brilliant!!!

L O L! :) I agree 1000%!!!! And you're right, this is exactly why I think Huttball is the most liked WZ - everybody needs to be doing "something".

Brilliant!!!

I used to love Huttball Imp side. Pub side however; it seems there are a lot of players fighting at our own endzone, getting leaped to and at the pit. You try to go at least take mid yourself, but the enemy will have like 4 guys holding it and you are quickly dispatched.

Grant it, you get this on both sides, but I have had a lot of it pub side lately.

I used to love Huttball Imp side. Pub side however; it seems there are a lot of players fighting at our own endzone, getting leaped to and at the pit. You try to go at least take mid yourself, but the enemy will have like 4 guys holding it and you are quickly dispatched.

Grant it, you get this on both sides, but I have had a lot of it pub side lately.

100% depends on the team. In general, I think I see more Pub wins in HB than I do Imp...however, I'd say that Imps generally keep it closer, win or lose...but when the Imps roll on Pubs in HB, it can be over quickly. When I backfill a 4-0 Huttball with 10min left, I have no issue standing at the lip of the pit praying it ends.

id like to see more WZs where one objective is the focus of both teams.

king of the hill, CTF, VIP, etc.

node control gametypes are boring

VIP!!! Make my knockback good for something besides ********* up AOE attacks.

I love the node control type of maps, but wouldn't mind nodes like command posts in battlefront, where the node itself warns if an enemy gets near. Or a map that forces you to attack/go to another node from time to time - i.e. that there would be 6 nodes and only 3 would be active at the same time and then they would randomly activate/inactivate.

Guarding is fun as long as the ninjacappers keep coming/the enemy is changing the node they are attacking from time to time. Guarding is not fun when you have to sit there doing nothing the whole match because no one attacks the node.

if you think im trolling i'm not i simpyl refuse to play the objectives when no one else will

You know there are tribes in Africa that rub elephant dung on themselves to keep the mosquitoes at bay. Maybe since they're all doing it YOU should to with your mentality.

You know there are tribes in Africa that rub elephant dung on themselves to keep the mosquitoes at bay. Maybe since they're all doing it YOU should to with your mentality.

If you were in Africa with them for longer then an hour, you would, the mosquitoes are not only incredibly annoying, but they can be fatal.

If you were in Africa with them for longer then an hour, you would, the mosquitoes are not only incredibly annoying, but they can be fatal.

Uh....I may not be a rocket scientist, but I'd have the forethought to use OFF with DEET, thus avoiding the smearing of elephant dung on myself.

Uh....I may not be a rocket scientist, but I'd have the forethought to use OFF with DEET, thus avoiding the smearing of elephant dung on myself.

silly me, you should go tell the African's about OFF with DEET, I don't know why they haven't been using it this whole time.

Priceless, I love the fake noob comment its so true about how noobs think. God man that is like the best joke I've ever heard.....oh **** your serious. :confused: