Anyone else think the default breasts are just a bit too large?

GreenCrabArmy

I think they're fine but the shape of the chest above the breasts is wrong. If you look at a female toon wearing the Sensuous Dress there's nothing sensuous about it because the chest rib cage above the breasts is too inflated. Not sure how to explain it.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen most other video games these days?

Check out Dragon's Crown if you want to get a general idea of what 'too big' truly is.

I've never played that game, and yet I know the character you speak of. :p

That Sorceress is actually how I first learned that a game called "Dragon's Crown" was in development.

Not to inject actual logic or intellectualism into this discussion but...

This is very common in video games. Some game designers have commented on this in the past and said that when they have tried to use more "average" body shapes, the results made women look abnormally un-shaped. Computer graphics and LCD monitors simply don't have the detail and resolution that we're used to in the real world and the modeling and lighting doesn't work well on more subtle shapes.

Now, I know its difficult to pull your attention away, but check out the rest of the model. In general, video games exaggerate much of the human shape in order to let dynamic shading properly convey the right image to our eyes.

And beyond the standard fascination, it's important to note that this isn't just reflecting the desires of males. How many guys play a Type 3 male because they like how muscular he is? Why do you think that this same motivation wouldn't apply to females? It's simply incorrect to assume opinions are uniform, but you're silly if you think that males are the only players who would appreciate a model that exhibits characteristics that are commonly associated with beauty. Women want to play attractive characters, too, and they are just as influenced by what society tells them is attractive as males are.

This is only true if they are cartoonishly large, not large period.

Obviously a real woman wouldn't play a character with large breasts.

Obviously a real woman wouldn't dress a female character revealingly.

LOL. My wife runs a body-type 4 female Twillik Sniper that another (married female) player called a "Christmas Bondage Elf." And the description fits, too.

OK, I'll buy into this bit of necromancy...

Body Type 1 has a modest bust--not tiny, but not huge. I would have preferred that body type for my main toon, but I didn't like the way the face I chose for her looked with that body type. I liked her face better with Body Type 2, so I went with that, even though I often wish she had the more petite frame (she's a Sage, and I like the idea of a powerful Force user coming in a small package). I think this is an unfortunate limitation of the SWTOR character creation. I understand they intended this mechanism to make sure that the face and head size matched the body size, but it turned into limiting what faces we could have based on the body type. No other game I've played in recent memory has done this. More than 4 body types to choose from would have been nice, too, but I guess it is what it is.

OK, I'll buy into this bit of necromancy...

Body Type 1 has a modest bust--not tiny, but not huge. I would have preferred that body type for my main toon, but I didn't like the way the face I chose for her looked with that body type. I liked her face better with Body Type 2, so I went with that, even though I often wish she had the more petite frame (she's a Sage, and I like the idea of a powerful Force user coming in a small package). I think this is an unfortunate limitation of the SWTOR character creation. I understand they intended this mechanism to make sure that the face and head size matched the body size, but it turned into limiting what faces we could have based on the body type. No other game I've played in recent memory has done this. More than 4 body types to choose from would have been nice, too, but I guess it is what it is.

I don't think they limit your options so much as that they alter the options based on your size. So for instance, I'm pretty sure that face 1 is the same no matter which body type you choose, it just changes somewhat to fit the weight and size of your character.

It seems like genetics are either very good in this galaxy or everyone has implants. It'd be nice if we could choose....

Agreed. Yes, they are too large. I guess the guys like looking at them though. Nothing wrong with that, but I wouldn't mind them being a bit smaller by default.

actually, I've never really thought about this. I checked yesterday and I don't think my characters' breasts are too large (body type 1). I wouldn't mind a slider, though. Edited by Aryh

Necro lol

Yes the breasts is too big indeed. I've always been a guy that prefer my women with athletic bodies (swimmers) and smaller but round firm breasts.

The breasts in this game for body type 2 especially are too big. When you are working out that much, fat decreases from your body this goes for the boo bies as well.

There's like no real competitive female athlete in real life that has big breasts because they are training so much and so hard that they lose a lot of body fat. Body 4 looks great though.

Body type 2 doesn't look terrible by any means the chest area just looks unrealistic but at least it's better then the male bodies awkward butt that is not wide enough, awkard standing pose and awkard chest.

Edited by redsovereign

Necro lol

Yes the breasts is too big indeed. I've always been a guy that prefer my women with athletic bodies (swimmers) and smaller but round firm breasts.

The breasts in this game for body type 2 especially are too big. When you are working out that much, fat decreases from your body this goes for the boo bies as well.

There's like no real competitive female athlete in real life that has big breasts because they are training so much and so hard that they lose a lot of body fat. Body 4 looks great though.

Body type 2 doesn't look terrible by any means the chest area just looks unrealistic but at least it's better then the male bodies awkward butt that is not wide enough, awkard standing pose and awkard chest.

The female body 2 is not muscular. It's toned. The breasts on BT2 appear to be in the realm of a large B to C range. That is not large by any means, it's average. They aren't too big. Breasts don't just vanish when you work out until you start hulking up like a body builder. BT3 is the only truly muscular female body type and it has smaller breasts as a result. BT2 is toned but still with curves.

The female body 2 is not muscular. It's toned. The breasts on BT2 appear to be in the realm of a large B to C range. That is not large by any means, it's average. They aren't too big. Breasts don't just vanish when you work out until you start hulking up like a body builder. BT3 is the only truly muscular female body type and it has smaller breasts as a result. BT2 is toned but still with curves.

It's probably this.

Edited by Callaron

Necro lol

Why do you assume that they're all super-athletes with zero body fat? You've never seen a woman that's in shape and has breasts?

"Unrealistic". Really?

this is why my (female) toons run around in diabolist robe (top) , any leather'ish pants, relaxed uniform boots. Puts all the curves in just the right place on BT2 females. On my BT2 Male juggernaut, i have found that jedi'esque robes with the black/red dye tend to reduce the fact that i'm 6 feet tall with a 3foot wide chest and no behind. Just my 2 cents.

I think the ***** are fine. :D

What's funny is reading all the gen chat on starter planets when first timers see what we see every day lol.

Necro lol

Uhh....I take it you've never seen Serena Williams :cool: