Call me greedy...entitled.. all you want..

Ayelinna

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I am aware, this is a subscriber only benefit. A stipend paid out to subs. I think it was a good move, though perhaps should have been a bit earlier, back when the appearance system released.....better late than never.

It had been suggested that they should give subs a good will grant considering the features added to the game that required coins to use, as a way subs could try those items out for free.

At any rate I think most folks will be happy to get this. I realize there will be a few folks that would have preferred something unique, and perhaps that will still happen at some point, but generally I think those folks are a VERY small group of players.

I once hit my head so hard on a gun rack, I almost knocked myself out, and reading this is what it felt like afterwards. If you don't like the little extra stipend you got, you can unsubscribe, its your time, time is money, money is time. If you're feeling unappreciated by the company of course, but if you just want something unique you can keep calling customer service and complaining until they give what you want.

But complaining on the internet, putting yourself out there and not expecting negative responses is like jumping in a camp fire and not expecting to get burned. I want to see how you react in real life when someone calls you a bad word, do you go straight to the authorities for harassment?

Actually, it wasnt.

I got something for free that anyone can use. Thats not subscriber exclusive. Everyone can use cartel coins. Nothing special there.

Lets be honest here, youd do anything to defend this game.

you want something special so you can say "I am a sub and you're not.

Yes...let the creme filling flow through you....

Eeeewwww!!! :mad: What started as a lovely expression of bakery play, is now turned into something so, so wrong. Shame on you, Darth Moonshadow, shame on you. :(

I don't usually side with those who think they are entitled to something but I'm actually going to agree with the OP on this one.

Maybe it's just about semantics but when they say they are going to be gifting something EXCLUSIVE to subs, to me that means that it is an item or title that you can ONLY get by being a sub.

As subs we already get a monthly allowance of CC. There is nothing on the CM that can't be bought by anyone with current CC or $. You remember that mount that could only be acquired by referring a friend? THAT was an exclusive item. You can't buy that from the CM.

It's not about being ungrateful or entitled. It's more a disappointment in the way that BW represented the gift. They didn't have to do it in the first place and I'd be fine with that, but handing out additional CC just seems like a cop-out with very little thought behind it. It's like giving someone a gift card for a present instead of actually putting some thought into a gift that might have a more personal meaning.

I don't know if this whole thing was initiated by BW or they were just responding to a lot of chirping from subs on the forums to get some appreciation. Either way, it is the word exclusive that sticks in my craw. Next time(if there is one) that word is used, it really should be something that can't be obtained without subbing. Otherwise they should just be upfront and say we are going to get some bonus coal, err CCs in our stockings.

Eeeewwww!!! :mad: What started as a lovely expression of bakery play, is now turned into something so, so wrong. Shame on you, Darth Moonshadow, shame on you. :(

What? That's what's in the puff pastry!

See?

*holds up puff and the creme falls out*

Well, there goes my snack for the day. Damn it.

you want something special so you can say "I am a sub and you're not.

I think she wants to stop getting ripped off. We'd all be better off canceling our sub and buying unlocks off the GTN right now. Putting the weekly passes and credit escrows on the GTN was a disaster.

I think she wants to stop getting ripped off. We'd all be better off canceling our sub and buying unlocks off the GTN right now

Then what's stopping you?

I don't usually side with those who think they are entitled to something but I'm actually going to agree with the OP on this one.

Maybe it's just about semantics but when they say they are going to be gifting something EXCLUSIVE to subs, to me that means that it is an item or title that you can ONLY get by being a sub.

And this extra 500 CC is exclusive to subs.

Edited by branmakmuffin

I want to be a snowflake because I can afford £9 a month on a computer game!

That's not what this is about. If they got rid of subs and put worthwhile product on the cartel market then that would be fine too. The problem is they aren't offering anything of value and that's bad for the game.

Some people in this game are deathly afraid of spending money though. So afraid of it that they forget there are things worth buying.

And this extra 500 CC is exclusive to subs.

Yes it is, but you're kind of missing the point or being facetious. Can't tell. Cartel Coins in and of themselves are not exclusive items. Anyone can obtain them. Again, it comes down to semantics and what one would normally expect of something considered exclusive.

Nah, I think he was referring to the gift horse who's mouth the OP is peering into.

I thought he/she was referring to placing the horse before the cart… lol I can agree with the OP a little. I think EAware should give us something unique for subs. F2Per will not groan about stuff they could only access to if they sub, and this would promote people to sub so they could access the cool items. I understand they currently are very limited in what they can do, however adding everything to the CM is not a good solution for the subs out there. .

How completely and totally underwhelming/disappointing, that's my thoughts on the matter anyways. So my thanks for subbing is basically a double stipend for the month of July. I was honestly kind of hoping for something not related to the cash shop, I mean honestly I wasn't a big fan of the party jawa but thing is it was a unique trinket, if we got something half as good as that it would still be more sincere in conveying appreciation than 5 buck in virtual currency. And as people have said in this thread and others it's kinda of obvious what they were going for give people a taste but just enough that it encourages them to buy more coins for a more significant purchase. If BWs idea of sub appreciation is "Hey buy some more coins so you can spend it on stuff in the cash shop" well imo they completely missed the point.

I once hit my head so hard on a gun rack, I almost knocked myself out, and reading this is what it felt like afterwards. If you don't like the little extra stipend you got, you can unsubscribe, its your time, time is money, money is time. If you're feeling unappreciated by the company of course, but if you just want something unique you can keep calling customer service and complaining until they give what you want.

But complaining on the internet, putting yourself out there and not expecting negative responses is like jumping in a camp fire and not expecting to get burned. I want to see how you react in real life when someone calls you a bad word, do you go straight to the authorities for harassment?

I picked this one post as an example, but there are a lot of them similar in this thread.

The forums exist to give players a voice. But it isn't a single voice, it is the voice of many and often times those many voices are in disagreement. Intelligent voices begin a debate, arguing the merits (or lack thereof) of the various thoughts put forth by the multitude.

Unintelligent voices simply flame or provide nonconstructive commentary.

Customer service is a completely different animal. If you have a log in issue, or you have experienced a bug that renders a character unplayable without the assistance of a real person, you use CS.

Posts like this one, that give bad advice or simply tell you to quit if you don't like it, are not debate. They are the internet equivalent of heckling. They say nothing to further the debate of either side but instead take the stand that if you believe in a way they disagree with you should just quit or use extreme hyperbole to try to justify their commentary.

Every forum post that is ever made by anyone outside of the actual employees of EA/BW is an opinion. They might have some facts backing that opinion but we as players simply can not make statements about this game that are anything but opinion because we haven't got all the facts of anything. Telling a forum poster that what they've written "is their opinion" is like pointing to a raging fire and saying "that's hot". Telling someone to not voice their opinion on the forum is counter to what a forum is all about.

The forum is a tool of opinion, plain and simple.

Edited by Grayseven

Yes it is, but you're kind of missing the point or being facetious.

Neither. Only subs get this extra 500 CC. Why is that so hard to grasp?

Cartel Coins in and of themselves are not exclusive items.

We're not talking about CC in general, we are talking about this particular grant. This particular grant is exclusive to subscribers.

Some people in this game are deathly afraid of spending money though. So afraid of it that they forget there are things worth buying.

Care to make up any more stuff?

Edited by branmakmuffin

We're not talking about CC in general, we are talking about this particular grant. This particular grant is exclusive to subscribers.

Every CC grant for subscribers is exclusive to subscribers. Your contention that this is somehow a unique appreciation gift means you don't understand the definition of unique.

Cartel Coins can be used by anyone. This isn't subscriber exclusive. I was expecting to get something that would be exclusive for subscribers, such as a new mount, an item perhaps, but nope, they decide to give us 500 cartel coins, 100 less than I get each month for subscribing to the game.

This game is turning into a damn shop.

Yeah, because you tricked us into saying we'd get something about "4th of July" but you never actually made anything so you thought "Quick quick we need to make them feel appreciated give them 500 cartel coins!!"

I was expecting something exclusive for subscribers. I'm so sorry if you can't understand that.

This is just another incentive to get more subscribers to put money into buying more cartel coins.

Here's my message to you Bioware. Give subscribers something unique, make me and many other subscribers feel appreciated for subscribing. Like I said, cartel coins can be used by anyone, people give you like $50 a week in cartel coins and you're rewarding them by putting more items on the cartel market. But what about subscribers? Have you forgotten about them? Its like you're treating subs as second class... So GIVE us something to make us feel appreciated, something that only subscribers can have/use.

Very disappointing for me Bioware. Anyway, better put on my flame suit, the defenders are coming!

I have to say I agree with this whole heartedly. I've been a long time supporter of F2P giving Bioware the benefit of the doubt that they wouldn't screw it up. I'm quickly loosing faith in that and starting to wonder why I keep pumping money into this game.

Every CC grant for subscribers is exclusive to subscribers. Your contention that this is somehow a unique appreciation gift means you don't understand the definition of unique.

Hey folks,

As a heads up we are not going to be releasing details about the subscriber appreciation here on the site ahead of time. However, I would keep an eye on your email. Once we have everything finalized we will be sending an email to all subscribers, so look for that in the future! Glad you guys are all looking forward to it though, keep your eyes peeled for information soon™.

-eric

Hey folks,

As some of you have already begun to figure out, every subscriber is receiving a bonus of 500 Cartel Coins. Some of you may not have gotten them yet but don't worry, the process takes a few hours. All of you should be receiving your 500 coins today. As an additional tease, we have something coming to the Cartel Market later this month that is going to be super, super cheap and available for one day only! All I will say for now is hang on to 10 Cartel Coins and look for details soon™.

-eric

I've checked the Dev tracker and all posts related to the Sub appreciation. Nowhere do they state it will be unique or special, simply just an "appreciation for subscribers". They showed that appreciation with Cartel Coins, and ONLY subbed players were given 500 coins for free today. That certainly meets the criteria of the Subscriber Appreciation.

If you all had other expectations of what the gift should have been, that is your own fault and not theirs. There was no misleading when it came to the verbiage used in either of their announcements. At this point, it seems everyone had some different version of what was "promised" playing in their heads.

Cartel Coins can be used by anyone. This isn't subscriber exclusive. I was expecting to get something that would be exclusive for subscribers, such as a new mount, an item perhaps, but nope, they decide to give us 500 cartel coins, 100 less than I get each month for subscribing to the game.

This game is turning into a damn shop.

Yes, it IS a "subscriber exclusive." Subscribers get the coins; non subscribers do not. Epic fail on your logic, but given the source, what do we expect? I know public math is hard, Ayelinna, but you still got your 600 coins this month, right? And now you got an ADDITIONAL 500 coins during the SAME MONTH. Imagine that? Your up +500 with no additional effort on your part. Duh!

Your not greedy. Your not entitled. Your just not the sharpest knife in the drawer, that's all.

It's not hard to grasp. I understand it quite fine. Do you understand what the word semantics means? Yes, this grant was exclusive to subs because only subs got it. That's the literal meaning. I'd wager that a lot of us took the meaning of exclusive to be more like unique. I guess that's our fault. But it was a missed opportunity.

It's like a kid who gets an allowance. The parents notice their kid has been extra helpful around the house and decide to reward them with something special. The kid gets excited at all the prospects of what that might be, but it turns out that they end up just giving them a few bucks extra. It's a build up and a let down. Sure they got a few extra bucks, but it's not exciting. There's no surprise. There's no going around showing friends the cool new thing they got.

Sure some people may be quite happy to get the money. But others were expecting something different. There's no meaning behind it. No effort. If people were clamoring for some sort of appreciation for being subs and putting their money where their mouth is to help support this game, it's like BW literally just tossed a few coins their way to appease them. They took a prime opportunity to make some kind of cool little item as a way of saying thank you, and turned it into a cold lackluster gesture. It's a matter of how you interact with your valued player base.

Is that so hard to grasp?

Edited by Voxx_Voltaare