Call me greedy...entitled.. all you want..

Ayelinna

Slightly confused - This was a thank you to subscribers to show they are valued and wanted. Subscribers pay monthly 15 bucks, so its not really free, free would mean that it doesn't cost anything but it has cost me 15 bucks to subscribe.

Secondly I think this best summed up in another post. 500 Cartel coins feels like someone who forgot to buy a gift and shoves a few bucks in a card and pretends they thought about what to get you.

Free coins nice they can go to my collection of 5000 other "free" coins I have been given, something to show I am appreciated would have been better.

Edited by Izorii

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are like one of those spoiled 12 year old kids that get an iphone for xmas and whines about it because you wanted an samsung galaxy...

I don't think any 12 year old in the world would complain that they got an iPhone instead of a Galaxy.

Like, ever.

Had you phrase it like THAT... you would have gotten a lot less commentary from people. If you want to say "Thanks" and then provide a constructive "I wish it would have been..." to your comment, it would have been more well received. As it is, you came off sounding like an ungrateful brat and even childishly taunted people to call you greedy and self entitled. Conversing as a calm adult who formulates polite and coherent threads will get you treated much differently next time.

I explained my views pretty clear, I suggested they could have made a mount or something, but nah, people wouldnt have given " a lot less commentary" because defenders will be defenders, no matter how clear, how rational i put my posts.

Cartel Coins can be used by anyone. This isn't subscriber exclusive.

I think what you meant to say was:

Cartel Coins can be purchased with actual real world currency by anyone.

Bioware just gave you a free $5... And you're complaining?

/smh

Actually, it wasnt.

I got something for free that anyone can use. Thats not subscriber exclusive. Everyone can use cartel coins. Nothing special there.

Lets be honest here, youd do anything to defend this game.

So by your line of reasoning, if your job gave you a $1000 bonus, you'd complain because anyone can use cash?

Cartel Coins can be used by anyone. This isn't subscriber exclusive. I was expecting to get something that would be exclusive for subscribers, such as a new mount, an item perhaps, but nope, they decide to give us 500 cartel coins, 100 less than I get each month for subscribing to the game.

And 500 more than you would get this month.

And I can't believe you forgot to say it was a slap in the face.

So by your line of reasoning, if your job gave you a $1000 bonus, you'd complain because anyone can use cash?

LOL. Classic.

Edited by branmakmuffin

That makes no sense. I would be giving them my salary (subscription) in order to work?

What do you mean?

Actually, it wasnt.

I got something for free that anyone can use. Thats not subscriber exclusive. Everyone can use cartel coins. Nothing special there.

Lets be honest here, youd do anything to defend this game.

You know what I am sick to death of your constant troll threads. So this is me calling YOU out on BS. Listen Bioware have given you a damn gift they did not need to do it but they did and all you ever do is complain and whine how you are special and should be treated like a special snowflake. Here is the reality you are not the only one playing this game and most of us actually do like the game and yes we defend Bioware from trolls like you who constantly and I mean constantly complain.

Also for the record you did not make your post logical, nor was it sound it was nothing more than winge of epic proportions. And you know the sad thing about all of it is? You lose even more credibility by reverting to that old argument that we are just blind defenders. No actually we are not. We are just sick of people like you who really will find every reason in the book to complain.

Cartel Coins can be used by anyone. This isn't subscriber exclusive.

Even Wyatt Derp knows that something given only to subscribers is... wait for it... a subscriber exclusive. No subscription, no gift.

Now.. the value you place on a gift from someone else... that's totally on you. Maybe you should haggle with the gift giver on the price of the free gift. See where it gets you. Better yet.. do it to real life give givers giving you real life gifts... see what happens.

I was expecting to get something that would be exclusive for subscribers, such as a new mount, an item perhaps, but nope, they decide to give us 500 cartel coins, 100 less than I get each month for subscribing to the game.

1) you are a perpetual storm of feelings of "failed expectations" lately.. so no surprise here.

2) Maybe wait and see what the special 10cc item, available for one day only, actually is before doing yet another episode of the reality series "My MMO suxs".

3) if you are so offended by the gift.. buy a huge stack of fireworks with it and then /destroy them. Surely, that will show Bioware!!

Edited by Andryah

Keep in mind Bioware is a business.

If they make more money from the Cartel Store, why do they want to encourage people to sub?

They have NO IDEA what to do for subscribers. They don't give a rip about someone paying $15 a month when people are buying $40 worth of cartel coins a day. They want you to get HOOKED on cartel coins so you're paying more money. They have no interest in saving you money or giving you benefits that will make you use less cartel coins. It's all about money, not the player, and they are doing whatever they can to make you spend more of it.

That's really the only plan they have. Give subs an slight "edge" that can't be curbed by the cartel store and they'll lose too much money to make it worth it.

You know what I am sick to death of your constant troll threads. So this is me calling YOU out on BS. Listen Bioware have given you a damn gift they did not need to do it but they did and all you ever do is complain and whine how you are special and should be treated like a special snowflake. Here is the reality you are not the only one playing this game and most of us actually do like the game and yes we defend Bioware from trolls like you who constantly and I mean constantly complain.

Also for the record you did not make your post logical, nor was it sound it was nothing more than winge of epic proportions. And you know the sad thing about all of it is? You lose even more credibility by reverting to that old argument that we are just blind defenders. No actually we are not. We are just sick of people like you who really will find every reason in the book to complain.

Reported for harassment.

If they make more money from the Cartel Store, why do they want to encourage people to sub?

They have NO IDEA what to do for subscribers. They don't give a rip about someone paying $15 a month when people are buying $40 worth of cartel coins a day. They want you to get HOOKED on cartel coins so you're paying more money. They have no interest in saving you money or giving you benefits that will make you use less cartel coins. It's all about money, not the player, and they are doing whatever they can to make you spend more of it.

That's really the only plan they have. Give subs an slight "edge" that can't be curbed by the cartel store and they'll lose too much money to make it worth it.

I agree with you 100%

Oh my.

A company that's after my money and not my personal needs.

What's the world coming to?

An item that non-subscribers can get too?

Let me know if I got this right. It isn't that you don't want CCs it's just that you would prefer a 'unique', and rare item only for subs. Kinda like the Founder title. I understand the desire, but honestly... I'd prefer some cold hard CCs rather than a unique item.

Chances is are not everyone will like the item, (some might), but some won't. If they gave everyone a unique title I'd feel 'meh'. If they gave everyone a unique speeder, I'd also feel 'meh', same goes for a pet, or a lightsaber crystal. Personally, I'm not into that sort of stuff. 500 CCs tho... kinda (not really I guess) pleases everyone?

Comparing 5 bucks to 1000 is a little ridiculous, don't you think? Also: Remember when Bioware actually gave subs free items? The jawa... the pet... titles .. This is usually what people look forward to and what came with being a subscriber.

I'm sure that's what the OP (and others) actually hoped for.

Unfortunately, the cartel market is the lifeblood of the game. If someone is short coins after getting this bonus, they might just feel obligated to purchase a coin pack so they could actually get something out of the CM. That's the nature of this game. Push the products... in the cartel market. It's all just a marketing ploy to make the sub put more money into the game.

Anyone that doesn't see that, is terribly blind or naive.

Personally, I'd rather see the development team (not the Cartel Market team since they seem to be pumping out items fine) start stepping up to the plate and creating content that isn't just rehashed operations//flashpoints. New weapon designs, armor designs / vehicle designs would be amazing too. The FP's on the PTS are an absolute joke in difficulty by the way, and it makes me wonder just how dedicated they (non cm team) are to the game subs are paying for.

Chances is are not everyone will like the item, (some might), but some won't. If they gave everyone a unique title I'd feel 'meh'. If they gave everyone a unique speeder, I'd also feel 'meh', same goes for a pet, or a lightsaber crystal. Personally, I'm not into that sort of stuff. 500 CCs tho... kinda (not really I guess) pleases everyone?

This is exactly why giving an appreciation gift in CCs makes complete sense. It gives the player choices. Not every player appreciates new titles. Not every player appreciates new pets, or speeders, or consumables, etc. etc.

PLUS.. they have a one day only special item coming to the CM for 10cc as part of the appreciation experience.. and have alerted us to watch for it. Even this, not everyone will enjoy it.. so they still have choices because they have CCs in their account rather then yet another inventory item to store or destroy.

I really do not understand why some people will only feel "special" and "appreciated" if they get an in game mail with an exclusive, only for subscribers, gold-plated bantha turd.

Edited by Andryah

Sad thing is, look what you get for 490 CC.

Not a lot of choices. Just enough CC for you to spend a few more bucks to make up the difference to get what you might really want if you aren't willing to settle for a Pack and some minor cosmetic changes.

Not a subscriber incentive. Just another "buy CC" incentive.

You want to give me an incentive, let me earn through in-game activities what the lazy and F2Per's pay you extra cash for. That's an incentive.