The Kaggath Returns!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are we scrapping fleets? are we scrapping major forces? are we using one battlefield? we should probably finish this sooner rather than later.
I don't think scrapping fleets would be necessary of advisable no matter what we opt for, however I don't think there is any purpose in retaining major ground forces. I can't say I'm entirely decided on the single battlefield idea, as it could restrict several elements of debate. And as Sel pointed out restricts more shadowy factions.

However as it stands, a Tri-Battle format is likely, which would change things up a bit.

EDIT: One could say that in the process of making my faction I've become more attuned to the "hearts and minds" of the people - prepare for a more benevolent ruler. *shock horror!* :p

Edited by Beniboybling

EDIT: One could say that in the process of making my faction I've become more attuned to the "hearts and minds" of the people - prepare for a more benevolent ruler. *shock horror!* :p

Finally.

Interested to see who you come up with...

I'm starting to think 3 force users sounds cool as well, anyone else got any Ideas?

Powerful as in, With their fighter compliment they could take down Imperial class cruisers, but the Tarkin Doctrine wasn't exactly a fan of Fighter relying navies.

These quotes you have say this hmmm? But alright I could see the fighter compliment doing so.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Finally.

Interested to see who you come up with...

I'm starting to think 3 force users sounds cool as well, anyone else got any Ideas?

I'm not keen on that one, because it forces people to have Force Users to have a fighting chance.

Altogether I'm not keen on an overpopulation of such types, doesn't seem necessary.

So, just clarifying, what is the verdict on three minor ground forces? Is it a go? And if so, will we need another planet to get said force from?

Also, I have a suggestion- how about allowing the Head of State to be anyone, not just a Head of State? It would broaden the mix of units in a faction and change the entire command structure. Plus, it would be a huge risk, as the faction would lose any experience the normal Head of State has, and would be forced to rely on the rest of the command structure for that.

It has disadvantages, such as simply picking individuals who are impossible to kill. However, is that a risk you want to take, if your faction has no allies, underworld contacts, experience in negotiating, propaganda, being a public figure, and being forced to pick allies that can help with this? The Head of State also makes your faction run smoothly. Its important to choose someone who can do this- and that is the risk. You would need to compensate with allies and a Second in Command who can do this for you.

Edited by Canino

So, just clarifying, what is the verdict on three minor ground forces? Is it a go? And if so, will we need another planet to get said force from?

Also, I have a suggestion- how about allowing the Head of State to be anyone, not just a Head of State? It would broaden the mix of units in a faction and change the entire command structure. Plus, it would be a huge risk, as the faction would lose any experience the normal Head of State has, and would be forced to rely on the rest of the command structure for that.

It has disadvantages, such as simply picking individuals who are impossible to kill. However, is that a risk you want to take, if your faction has no allies, underworld contacts, experience in negotiating, propaganda, being a public figure, and being forced to pick allies that can help with this? The Head of State also makes your faction run smoothly. Its important to choose someone who can do this- and that is the risk. You would need to compensate with allies and a Second in Command who can do this for you.

There is an unwritten allows characters to move up the list but not down. For example Vader could be a Head of State and Second-in-Command but not an ally. So yeah, go ahead with that, but just remember they cannot move down.

Beni, if you're making a faction this time I say we post our factions in this thread, instead of PM's. Allows the 3 arbiters to all see it as well.... Also, would we allow Kreia to be an Ally? Maybe a second in command?

Hell, she wasn't ever a head of state anyway, even as Traya, because Sion and Nihilus were the ones with all the military power.

Edited by Selenial

Beni, if you're making a faction this time I say we post our factions in this thread, instead of PM's. Allows the 3 arbiters to all see it as well.... Also, would we allow Kreia to be an Ally? Maybe a second in command?

Hell, she wasn't ever a head of state anyway, even as Traya, because Sion and Nihilus were the ones with all the military power.

And remove the element of surprise? Never!

No but really its all the more easy for me to manage everyone's factions if its done via PM - and the last thing I want is other voices making things more complicated. I'm not sure there is anything the arbiters can do (which will be voted in for each match not set) in terms of the admin stage. Altogether the current system is much more streamlined.

As for your question (which you should be PMing :jawa_wink:) I'm afraid not, we all know Kreia was the de-facto leader of the Triumvirate neither should we forget the actual purpose of the rule which is to ensure non-OPed factions. So exploiting loop-holes in the system won't benefit anyone.

In terms of my personal opinion, I would strong advise against placing Traya in a subordinate station and especially if you are considering a light side faction. Kreia was just an alias, nothing more.

And remove the element of surprise? Never!

No but really its all the more easy for me to manage everyone's factions if its done via PM - and the last thing I want is other voices making things more complicated. I'm not sure there is anything the arbiters can do (which will be voted in for each match not set) in terms of the admin stage. Altogether the current system is much more streamlined.

As for your question (which you should be PMing :jawa_wink:) I'm afraid not, we all know Kreia was the de-facto leader of the Triumvirate neither should we forget the actual purpose of the rule which is to ensure non-OPed factions. So exploiting loop-holes in the system won't benefit anyone.

In terms of my personal opinion, I would strong advise against placing Traya in a subordinate station and especially if you are considering a light side faction. Kreia was just an alias, nothing more.

Don't you try lecture me on Traya :jawa_evil:

I can have Kreia at the helm, I guess, sort of... Maybe. But she would have worked wonders with my head of state :(

I hate you, The Kaggath isnt the same without Traya, I might have to make her my leader again, just with a different stylized faction.

Which leads me on to question 2, can we pick specific versions of characters? IE, if Luke was allowed, could you specifically pick Dark Side Luke, knowing that he can't be redeemed without Leia?

Don't you try lecture me on Traya :jawa_evil:

I can have Kreia at the helm, I guess, sort of... Maybe. But she would have worked wonders with my head of state :(

I hate you, The Kaggath isnt the same without Traya, I might have to make her my leader again, just with a different stylized faction.

Which leads me on to question 2, can we pick specific versions of characters? IE, if Luke was allowed, could you specifically pick Dark Side Luke, knowing that he can't be redeemed without Leia?

I'm hurt, truly hurt. :p

And yes, you can do that. Accept you can't go beyond ROTJ-Luke so no Dark Side Luke.

...who was redeemed by Leia.

I'm hurt, truly hurt. :p

And yes, you can do that. Accept you can't go beyond ROTJ-Luke so no Dark Side Luke.

...who was redeemed by Leia.

Luke obviously wasn't the person I have in my mind, and I said he can't be redeemed without her, IE, No people saying "Luke would defect because he returned to the light" when they don't have Leia...

Luke obviously wasn't the person I have in my mind, and I said he can't be redeemed without her, IE, No people saying "Luke would defect because he returned to the light" when they don't have Leia...

Bah, never mind, I'm going Grey with my faction :D

Edit: I'd also challenge the Notion that Kreia was Traya in disguise, it's more the other way round.

Edited by Selenial

OK folks, I've come up with a new way of faction creating which I hope will allow for more personalised, diverse and dynamic factions while also providing new options and forcing specialization. Here is a example faction:

The Galactic Empire

Head of State: Darth Sidious

Second-in-Command: Darth Vader

Allies: Moff Tarkin & Boba Fett

Supplier: Rothana Heavy Engineering

Organisation: Imperial Intelligence

Major Ground Force: Imperial Stormtrooper

Minor Ground Forces: Shadow Stormtrooper & Dark Trooper

Light Vehicles: AT-ST & 2-M Repulsor Tank

Heavy Vehicle: AT-AT

Fighter Class: TIE-fighter

Bomber Class: TIE-bomber

Elite Class: TIE-Interceptor

Light Capital Ship: Acclamator Cruiser

Heavy Capital Ship: Imperial Star Destroyer

Flagship: The Executor

Capital World: Coruscant

Stronghold/Military Worlds: Byss & Carida

Shipyard World: Corellia

Organisation World: Coruscant

Supply World: Kuat

I haven't had the time to detail the exact prerequisites but this should give a basic idea. I will however point out the difference between organisation and supplier, a supplier must be a produces of arms or armament whereas an organisation can deal in money, information, underworld influence etc. I think its an option that's been missing.

And in terms of planets, all you must do now is designate a base of operations for your leadership, military, navy, organisation and supplier and these worlds can in some cases be the same. Nor do they have to any longer be world specific, as long as they have the necessary facilities i.e. a droid/vehicle factory, a shipyard, a govt. building, an underworld presence, military facilities etc. with intelligence networks establishable anywhere.

Futhermore while there is a maximum of 5 planets you don't have to fill this quota and can have as little as one. In fact all the above is optional, all you need is at least one from every section. So you could role in with just a leader, a ship, a planet and a couple of troopers if you feel that's the most effective way to win!

If there is anything else you feel worth adding, subtracting or changing then feel free to chime in.

Edited by Beniboybling

Futhermore while there is a maximum of 5 planets you don't have to fill this quota and can have as little as one. In fact all the above is optional, all you need is at least one from every section. So you could role in with just a leader, a ship, a planet and a couple of troopers if you feel that's the most effective way to win!

Selenial is going to LOVE this.