The Kaggath Returns!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do people think of an expansion to three Force User characters? two is good but I feel like three would be more well rounded, reason being that there are so so many characters out there and I think a lot of them will remain un-used, also come on.... 3 vs 3 Force User battles? you know you want to debate that...

On a more serious note my main reason for having three force users is that you can have one Force User at the head and two others to lead your forces, meaning that forces that have an excess amount of different minor forces have a better chance at being led effectively in the numerous battles.

What do people think of an expansion to three Force User characters? two is good but I feel like three would be more well rounded, reason being that there are so so many characters out there and I think a lot of them will remain un-used, also come on.... 3 vs 3 Force User battles? you know you want to debate that...

On a more serious note my main reason for having three force users is that you can have one Force User at the head and two others to lead your forces, meaning that forces that have an excess amount of different minor forces have a better chance at being led effectively in the numerous battles.

2 seems better, but more difference between this and the next the better.

I say the next kaggath follows a different tourney layout too, Like, 2v2, 2v2, 4 that make it through have an all out war :p

I like 2 because it forces you to pick if you want a command staff that is weaker in turn you have better allies, or you can have a strong leader but your allies may not stack up as well... More strategy is good imo.

However I'd be up for a revision if we added another spot for the leadership. (5 leaders 1 supplier OR 4 leaders 2 suppliers)

2 seems better, but more difference between this and the next the better.

I say the next kaggath follows a different tourney layout too, Like, 2v2, 2v2, 4 that make it through have an all out war :p

That could be rather sick, But I'd rather 2v2, 1v1, 4 make it through (massive war) for variety and to preserve the traditional Kaggath feel. I'm a bit of a traditionalist.

Edited by StarSquirrel

And you sir, run a speculative debate tournament about fictional characters on an internet forum for a videogame that carries the title of a space fantasy franchise, for fun. I'm just bathing in the irony right now...

EDIT: TRIPLE POST!!!

boy I'm a bit behind now aren't I, sorry exams killed me and classes kept me busy before that.

Edited by StarSquirrel

And you sir, run a speculative debate tournament about fictional characters on an internet forum for a videogame that carries the title of a space fantasy franchise, for fun. I'm just bathing in the irony right now...

boy I'm a bit behind now aren't I, sorry exams killed me and classes kept me busy before that.

I posted that, then edited it out :p

I think three Force users would produce some interesting combinations. It would also make us all choose characters more strategically.

But those that don't necessarily like Force Users would be left out, and basically forced (see what I did there?) to choose Jedi/Sith or be demolished. Which would be unfortunate.

Besides, I tried several Force Users (Darth Zannah, Satele Shan, Bastila Shan) and each were labeled 'too powerful' to be anything but Head of Sate. At least, that was my experience. So those less than that powerful would be few and far in between (to be allies or 2nd in command).

I'm still not a big fan of just re-doing some of the current rules UNLESS there's a twist.

One thing I was thinking is that in the SI storyline, the Kaggath was not galaxy-wide. Instead, it all happened on one planet: Corellia. If we had the next Kaggath tournament happen on one planet, that would eliminate the whole hyperspace thing, as well as several other issues like production.

Instead, everyone could have a set, notably smaller force and that's all they have to work with. Ground forces would be small and so would space forces. Then it could be a war on two fronts. If ground is captured first, the Head of State is killed via ground battle. If space is captured, the Head of State dies via orbital bombardment. So it's a race to see which side can either capture ground or space before the other captures an alternative.

I don't know, I'm just spitballing. But that's the general idea I think would be best, keep the same general format but with a big twist.

Just like to point out, I hate exams. And I'm still having them, in a Kaggath....

So, yeah..... I'm not necessarily done with that thread guys. Sorry....

EDIT: Oh, and an idea. We could allow the Head of State not to be a Head of State. It would mix it up, and allow more people and interesting factions. I know that would be helpful for me, as I want Ti leading my team. So nobody better take her (I'm actually serious though. Don't touch her).

Edited by Canino

But those that don't necessarily like Force Users would be left out, and basically forced (see what I did there?) to choose Jedi/Sith or be demolished. Which would be unfortunate.

Besides, I tried several Force Users (Darth Zannah, Satele Shan, Bastila Shan) and each were labeled 'too powerful' to be anything but Head of Sate. At least, that was my experience. So those less than that powerful would be few and far in between (to be allies or 2nd in command).

I don't think anyone would be forced any more so than they already are at the moment.

I also find that very peculiar when we have much more deadly characters as second-in-commands and allies in other factions.

Just like to point out, I hate exams. And I'm still having them, in a Kaggath....

So, yeah..... I'm not necessarily done with that thread guys. Sorry....

EDIT: Oh, and an idea. We could allow the Head of State not to be a Head of State. It would mix it up, and allow more people and interesting factions. I know that would be helpful for me, as I want Ti leading my team. So nobody better take her (I'm actually serious though. Don't touch her).

Shaak Ti?

She's one of my allies o_o

Oh, and I say we do tag teams, at random, each round, like I said... That way we have to build for adaptability, but with a 1v1 final we need to be good at that too, spices things up a bit.

A smaller kaggath seems a little less fun to me...

Shaak Ti?

She's one of my allies o_o

Oh, and I say we do tag teams, at random, each round, like I said... That way we have to build for adaptability, but with a 1v1 final we need to be good at that too, spices things up a bit.

A smaller kaggath seems a little less fun to me...

And Surik one of mine.... 0_0

You can have Surik. But Ti is mine. She's literally the base for my entire faction. And my 3rd favorite character. We can trade....

But I fell in love with Ti after reading up on her :(

Let me tell you a story......

Look. I'm gonna be honest with y'all, since I consider you guys all friends. Actually, I think we all can agree that we are a tight knit group. However, I am by far the youngest person here. Just a clue- I am not legally an adult yet. Take that as you will. But, onto the story...

When I was around 6 or 7, I received my first ever Star Wars book- The Complete Visual Dictionary, for my birthday. I was ecstatic!! I flipped to a random page (pg. 127) and see a picture of three Jedi. Two are green (Unduli and Offee) and one red, with horns (Ti). My first thought: My favorite person is now the red one. Its been that way ever since. So, when I debated for her on lists here, and brought her more into the spotlight, I did so with her as my # 3 favorite character, from when I was 6. I have researched her, and and loved her from then on.

Please. You may love her. But my heart has a place for Ti.

Did you know that i cried a little after killing her in TFU? Cause I did. I really did. But, as a 12(?) year old, I quickly realized that I still had more to play, and got over it. But my love of Ti has never faded.

So, I think Ti needs to be on my team. You can have her next time, or if I lose and you are able to switch someone. Promise :p

Oh, and P.S. I'm an American. In the Kaggath, it was only Aurbere and Wolf. But I'm an American, too. #TeamAmerica

Why am I giving all the info away. Oh well. None of you are crooks, right....?

Edited by Canino

gosh darnit.

Don't tell pregnant people sob stories, it makes them cry.

You can have her :p

I always liked Unduli more anyway :cool:

Well I really am behind... Congrats Sel!

And Canino, I feel the exact same way about Jacen. My first introduction into Star Wars lore was the Young Jedi Knight series when I was a kid. I laughed at every bad joke, screamed at Tenel Ka for being blind to him, snickered at Em Teedee, and stressed every time I came to a cliffhanger and had to go to bed or school. I grew up on them and even through his teenage philosopher emo kid phase in the Vong series I still loved material about him.

I voted for the name Caedus btw... That made me pretty darn happy.

I've read almost every book of the New Republic era onwards, and currently trying to swindle my way into accessing every comic I can... (poor college student is poor)

For the next round, is Admiral Daala taken?

We haven't picked I don't think. What people are doing now is composing teams so that when Beni opens it up for faction making they can PM him their picks without hesitation. That way they can beat their competition in getting their guys.

I got in second or third int his last round I think, and Aurbere beat me to one of my first choices and I lost Caedus because of the Over Powered rule... I've had my new faction made since the third match of this Kaggath though so I'm surprised everyone is so late to the party :D