The Kaggath Returns!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just like to make it clear that I'm not interested in doing a rehash of the old tournament with a few minor changes. I never actually intended on doing this tournament again, not that I wouldn't do the Kaggath again but just wait until I got some kind of new idea. We've already done the current version and its time to do something different.

So far Warren has put forward the best suggestion and I can't think of any issues. And really after the fleet numbers fiasco turned out to be a hullaboloo about nothing forgive me for not trusting your opinions. :p

Now if anyone has any other suggestions then I'd be more than happy to listen, but I'd just like to make it clear that the next tournament will not be the same as the previous one under any circumstances I'm afraid.

EDIT: And, unless anyone is planning on dying, its not as if we cannot have another tournament like this one later on.

Right, that's it, we're making our own Kaggath. :cool:

Right, that's it, we're making our own Kaggath. :cool:

No but really, I'm not saying it has to be radically different, but I would very much like something of significance to be changed as opposed to tweaks aimed at improvement, it would making it more interesting for all of us.

Edited by Beniboybling

No but really, I'm not saying it has to be radically different, but I would very much like something of significance to be changed as opposed to tweaks aimed at improvement, it would making it more interesting for all of us.

I don't see how Tri-Tournaments are not as different as a One Planet Kaggath... Theres a lot to debate about who'd go for who first etc... Oh, and if we change a lot of minor things as well, it'd be a whole new Kaggath :p

Silenceo wants to Join, maybe Wolf would too...

I want us to be able to do exactly what we did last time, if fleets must be removed so be it.
OK I see. I'm also however thinking of ways to ensure people won't choose the same stuff, even if it is the same people choosing it. But I'm sure fleets will come into play in any Kaggath.

I don't see how Tri-Tournaments are not as different as a One Planet Kaggath... Theres a lot to debate about who'd go for who first etc... Oh, and if we change a lot of minor things as well, it'd be a whole new Kaggath :p

Silenceo wants to Join, maybe Wolf would too...

Well, maybe. Altogether its early days.

OK I see. I'm also however thinking of ways to ensure people won't choose the same stuff, even if it is the same people choosing it. But I'm sure fleets will come into play in any Kaggath.

Well, If you allow Surik I've already got a completely different faction... Bar one.

Well, If you allow Surik I've already got a completely different faction... Bar one.
That made me think of this quote:

"The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one."

And yeah, I think I'd probably allow the Jedi Exile. Probably.

One way we could do a "battleground" Kaggath is have the same set up as we do know with everyone possessing a select number of planets, suppliers etc. but the battlefield is a single world which they have to pool there resources into.

I was also thinking of having some kind of "stage" mechanic i.e we debate the Kaggath in stages, being with one 'confronation' deciding the outcome and then moving on to the second confronation based on the outcome of that.

Just another idea I thought I'd put on the table.

One way we could do a "battleground" Kaggath is have the same set up as we do know with everyone possessing a select number of planets, suppliers etc. but the battlefield is a single world which they have to pool there resources into.

I was also thinking of having some kind of "stage" mechanic i.e we debate the Kaggath in stages, being with one 'confronation' deciding the outcome and then moving on to the second confronation based on the outcome of that.

Isn't that something we were going for with WOTDT?

Still don't like the Battleground, then it's just who has the biggest, baddest resources. A lot harder for smaller forces to win.

But I like the stages thing... Like it a lot :p

That made me think of this quote:

"The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one."

And yeah, I think I'd probably allow the Jedi Exile. Probably.

Believe it or not, that's the quote I'm using for my Sig after this Kaggath is over and I switch from purple to light Blue.

Edited by Selenial

Lol, that's dedication. :p

I'd look a bit silly being all preachy in my sig, nice and light sided, but with the most terrifying faction in the Kaggath >.>

Oh, by the way, I was going to ask... When the Universal Tech Rule says "Advanced for their time" does that Includ Venators? They trumped any other ships in the Galaxy (Bar Mandators/Subjugators) and apparently, according to a few pretty quotes I can find, are as powerful as any Imperial Class Star Destroyer, but they simply didn't fit in with the Tarkin Doctrine... So if they were as good as ships that came 30-40 years down the line... :p

I'd look a bit silly being all preachy in my sig, nice and light sided, but with the most terrifying faction in the Kaggath >.>

Oh, by the way, I was going to ask... When the Universal Tech Rule says "Advanced for their time" does that Includ Venators? They trumped any other ships in the Galaxy (Bar Mandators/Subjugators) and apparently, according to a few pretty quotes I can find, are as powerful as any Imperial Class Star Destroyer, but they simply didn't fit in with the Tarkin Doctrine... So if they were as good as ships that came 30-40 years down the line... :p

By power, what is that exactly meaning? The power source?

Let's leave that debate for another time.

Noting that there is no label or powerup called "advanced for their time" - its just a guideline.