The Kaggath Returns!

Nobody is going to pick the "someone else" however. They'll pick Carnor Jax, Mara Jade, Sly Moore etc. etc.

Of course, but what I'm saying is...not everyone who is gonna be able to use The Force is gonna have a significant edge over a non-force sensitive, especially if their prowess is limited. What else they bring also factors in and decides if they have any advantage if at all.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like to ask people's opinions on flagships.

Should SSD and their equivalents be allowed? Should we only allow flagships affiliated with members of leadership?

Or should we get rid of them altogether?

No SSDs, or simply get rid of them. I think allowing SSDs would limit the options for leadership choice.

No SSDs, or simply get rid of them. I think allowing SSDs would limit the options for leadership choice.
OK, I think I'll just put a general ban on OP flagships.

In terms of affliation, maybe I'll make it loose i.e. you don't have to have Thrawn for the Chimera, just an Imperial.

Suggestion: The Major Ground Force can be a collection of military units, such as Imperial Stormtrooper Corps, instead of only generic Stormtroopers, those stormtroopers come with Shocktroopers, Scout-troopers, etc....

So you can reserve the far more specific Minor Ground Forces for something special.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Suggestion: The Major Ground Force can be a collection of military units, such as Imperial Stormtrooper Corps, instead of only generic Stormtroopers, those stormtroopers come with Shocktroopers, Scout-troopers, etc....

So you can reserve the far more specific Minor Ground Forces for something special.

Well it can be done in terms of class, so choosing a Stormtrooper would give you every variant. And choosing say a B1 or a B2 would give you every variant of that class. Including relevant commanders.

Well it can be done in terms of class, so choosing a Stormtrooper would give you every variant. And choosing say a B1 or a B2 would give you every variant of that class. Including relevant commanders.

Well I meant something more widespread, using your example, instead of just the OOM series Battle Droid, you would get lighter amounts of Droidekas, Super Battle Droids, etc.... as back up.

That means that the unit you choose has speeders, war droids, etc... that always support them in combat.

Well I meant something more widespread, using your example, instead of just the OOM series Battle Droid, you would get lighter amounts of Droidekas, Super Battle Droids, etc.... as back up.

That means that the unit you choose has speeders, war droids, etc... that always support them in combat.

Well I feel that would defeat the point, as one may as well choose the Trade Federation Army.

If you wan't speeders, war droids etc. you'll have to allocate those to another unit choice.

Well I feel that would defeat the point, as one may as well choose the Trade Federation Army.

If you wan't speeders, war droids etc. you'll have to allocate those to another unit choice.

Except the Minor Ground Forces are meant to be your elite choices, not second-rate back-up for your troops, in that case you may as well go for the best droids or best troops as your Major Ground Force and ditch all the basics.

Except the Minor Ground Forces are meant to be your elite choices, not second-rate back-up for your troops, in that case you may as well go for the best droids or best troops as your Major Ground Force and ditch all the basics.
Which means your going to have to choose between having an elite second arm, or a strong primary military force. That's the point. Regardless there will be restrictions on what you can choose for your Major Ground Force, and on numbers. Don't think you can have an army of Droidekas or something. Edited by Beniboybling

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm, I wonder, depending on which TCW arc comes out first, Admiral Trench might get a nice little boost come febraury :D

Edit: Oh wow, the episode with Trench's return is the first to Air as well...

Edited by Selenial

Query: If we get a planet with a Force Ghost, and use said planet, does the ghost exist? Can you ask for help/ be attacked by it?

I know no outside involvement, but when you get Shipyards, Academies, and Cloning facilities from planets, why not ghosts? :p

Query: If we get a planet with a Force Ghost, and use said planet, does the ghost exist? Can you ask for help/ be attacked by it?

I know no outside involvement, but when you get Shipyards, Academies, and Cloning facilities from planets, why not ghosts? :p

PM me the details.

• 1 month later...
i believe we should continue blah blah here
Good call.
So whats the plan of deciding matches that your faction takes part in, we all know some one can get attached to the factions they create. While you may intend to stay neutral it is truly hard to do. Are you going to let some one else take over as the decider (thinking Aurbere personally since he is good at writing scenarios just like you)
Someone else with act as Arbiter then hand me the decision and I'll post the results etc., and others might act as Arbiters on matches I'm not in as well, perhaps based on expertise, but I haven't hashed that out yet.
The entire new troop layout...

And whilst you won't do that, you'd nerf someone, and you'd probably face them soon and it'd be a whole commotion, and then we could have new people wondering why your faction isn't seen by anyone, because if you're managing it all, we don't see your faction. If it ends up looking like one someone tried to post and was denied, more drama...

Just makes more sense I guess.

Oh ok, I just remember a discussion where you said that you used a randomising website to determine the order only, guess you determined matchup differently.

If you have any complaints, share.

For the lack of a better solution, I'll handle it, thought all factions will be kept secret until the Kaggath starts.

Good call.Someone else with act as Arbiter then hand me the decision and I'll post the results etc., and others might act as Arbiters on matches I'm not in as well, perhaps based on expertise, but I haven't hashed that out yet.If you have any complaints, share.

For the lack of a better solution, I'll handle it, thought all factions will be kept secret until the Kaggath starts.

Sounds good also I recommend when the last of the matches is done the OP gets updated with the new rules so we dont have to dig. I am really unsure about a new faction. I may not make one this next round unless you guys need 1 I am sure i can think of one but it will be pretty by the book for me and nothing to off the wall.

Sounds good also I recommend when the last of the matches is done the OP gets updated with the new rules so we dont have to dig. I am really unsure about a new faction. I may not make one this next round unless you guys need 1 I am sure i can think of one but it will be pretty by the book for me and nothing to off the wall.
I'm in the process of making a Rulebook now. I'll probably start fresh with a new thread.

And no worries, I've got more than enough numbers to work with so that's cool. I can imagine you'd prefer to take a break and be a bit more neutral in the next Kaggath.

I'm in the process of making a Rulebook now. I'll probably start fresh with a new thread.

And no worries, I've got more than enough numbers to work with so that's cool. I can imagine you'd prefer to take a break and be a bit more neutral in the next Kaggath.

Ya absolutely I think I have been slightly burnt out since the match with the KV. I find I very much enjoy playing the neutral party then I do argueing something I put together. It just ends up being me listening to points and giving my perspective on the points being given, or researching an idea to potentially help some one out.

I garentee though I am likely to be as I always have and be very skeptic of what I see as a bit over Grandeur from the KoToR games. I very much believe all noted Jedi are very close to one another and that some times a hokey religion and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

I garentee though I am likely to be as I always have and be very skeptic of what I see as a bit over Grandeur from the KoToR games. I very much believe all noted Jedi are very close to one another and that some times a hokey religion and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.
I'd expect nothing less. :jawa_wink:

I garentee though I am likely to be as I always have and be very skeptic of what I see as a bit over Grandeur from the KoToR games..

On boy, you're going to hate my faction.

Speaking of my Faction, Beni, if I PM you my leader and second in command, can you tell me if they'd be supposedly too OP?

Not reserving them, just want to know if the combo is banned.

I've taken a little bit of inspiration from Tune :p

On boy, you're going to hate my faction.

Speaking of my Faction, Beni, if I PM you my leader and second in command, can you tell me if they'd be supposedly too OP?

Not reserving them, just want to know if the combo is banned.

I've taken a little bit of inspiration from Tune :p

Well that depends, I will give my usual analyze ability for ability, as overall power is not for a vs debate thats for the most powerful debate. If I find an ability is being overblown, Like i said as i always do :p.

What may i ask inspired you, you may PM me if you wish to keep it a secret from your competitors ;).