The Kaggath Returns!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But that seems picture perfect for your pet favourite faction.

Maybe next time.

I'd be unstoppable though, the only one counter to that would be Vader, as he's the only one Traya can't kill 1v1, IMO.

Edit: I mean come on, she can walk through anywhere undetected, one planet, one ship, she'd be far too OP.

Edited by Selenial

Maybe next time.

I'd be unstoppable though, the only one counter to that would be Vader, as he's the only one Traya can't kill 1v1, IMO.

Edit: I mean come on, she can walk through anywhere undetected, one planet, one ship, she'd be far too OP.

I am also pretty sure we were agreeing that she was too OP anyway.

I mean there seems to be some contradictions between who is and isn't OP in the first place.

Yeh, I know, but you can always pick people like Surik, Bastilla, Mara Jade, Dooku, Plageuis, Bane, Kyp Durron, Saba Sebatyne and Satele Shan if you want OP characters.

Honestly Krayt and Traya simply because they can both pull some some seriously OP techniques that a very short list of people can even defend against.

Vader is Vader, I should not need to extrapolate, not only does he trash almost anyone in a fight, he is an extremely good tactician, strategist and pilot.

Yeh, I know, but you can always pick people like Surik, Bastilla, Mara Jade, Dooku, Plageuis, Bane, Kyp Durron, Saba Sebatyne and Satele Shan if you want OP characters.

Satele is OP? What? Did I miss something about her?

Vader is Vader, I should not need to extrapolate, not only does he trash almost anyone in a fight

Just adding this in right now....this is true very, very much so true, from my highly elsewhere sources in all that is of Star Wars nerdyness, because if I told you where he was at...your minds would probably explode, that is of course if you didn't know already.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Satele is OP? What? Did I miss something about her?

Just adding this in right now....this is true very, very much so true, from my highly elsewhere sources in all that is of Star Wars nerdyness.

Ok, not really Op, but Incredibly powerful, likely able to contend with the likes of Traya and Krayt. Ok, that's a lie, but still, she's good :p

Interceptor as in a fighter?

That would come under starfighter which is everything other than bombers, transports and gunships.

Ok trying to understand this, but we do get a major ground force and 2 minor ground forces. You said something about not needing to take everything. What could be the benefit of that. How could not taking all available options possibly be beneficial to anyone.

Ok trying to understand this, but we do get a major ground force and 2 minor ground forces. You said something about not needing to take everything. What could be the benefit of that. How could not taking all available options possibly be beneficial to anyone.
Because you could end up spreading yourself too thin (in terms of planets) and reducing your mobility.

Remembering the finals of the first Kaggath Tournament were between Traya with a handful of planets, a motely fleet and a few dusty worlds, and G0-T0 with some pull on a few planets, a yacht and some hired guns.

Quantity =/= Quality.

Altogether though its just providing more options.

Well I'll give that some thought, perhaps allow two fighters.

The problem being, two Star Fighters is not exactly specific, i could take say a TIE Interceptor and the X-Wing, but someone else could end up taking TIE Phantoms and TIE Defenders.

I would suggest something like this:

Fighter: TIE Fighter

Bomber: TIE Bomber

Transport/Gunship/Interceptor: TIE Interceptor.

The point being, you can have the very basic craft and then a third option that allows for variety, do you want space superiority? take a TIE Interceptor, do you want a ship capable of transporting troops? take a Transport, want something more along the lines of a light freighter take a gunship.

This effectively means that the people picking from specific things can pretty much choose that third option to fit whatever they require and conversely someone choosing from god knows what can have a highly varied naval fleet.

Edited by LadyKulvax

So Beni, here's some questions I have in regards to your new application format.

1. can we get an updated list of OP characters?

2 a.) For planets, we can use one planet for more than one category?

b) And we can use multiple planets under one category?

3. We get a major and two minor ground forces?

4. For Heavy vs Light (both capital ships and vehicles) what are the necessary qualifications or will it be case by case basis?

The problem being, two Star Fighters is not exactly specific, i could take say a TIE Interceptor and the X-Wing, but someone else could end up taking TIE Phantoms and TIE Defenders.

I would suggest something like this:

Fighter: TIE Fighter

Bomber: TIE Bomber

Transport/Gunship/Interceptor: TIE Interceptor.

The point being, you can have the very basic craft and then a third option that allows for variety, do you want space superiority? take a TIE Interceptor, do you want a ship capable of transporting troops? take a Transport, want something more along the lines of a light freighter take a gunship.

This effectively means that the people picking from specific things can pretty much choose that third option to fit whatever they require and conversely someone choosing from god knows what can have a highly varied naval fleet.

Hmmm, I'm not sure what your getting at with the first and last paragraphs. Is highly varied something you want to avoid? Are you saying picking Phantom's and Defender's would be OPed? Would this somehow prevent this?

Interesting suggestion however, but transports would come with your ground force (can't have people not being able to deploy their forces) and gunships would be classed as vehicles as they are rarely seen in space.

Really I'm not sure this third option is therefore anymore specific...

So Beni, here's some questions I have in regards to your new application format.

1. can we get an updated list of OP characters?

2 a.) For planets, we can use one planet for more than one category?

b) And we can use multiple planets under one category?

3. We get a major and two minor ground forces?

4. For Heavy vs Light (both capital ships and vehicles) what are the necessary qualifications or will it be case by case basis?

I'm sure everyone has questions, but this is just to get a little feel for it and act as a platform for suggestions. Its also subject the change. Later down the line I'll extrapolate on the details, but not just yet.

The OP character list however will not be recieving an update.

Hmmm, I'm not sure what your getting at with the first and last paragraphs. Is highly varied something you want to avoid? Are you saying picking Phantom's and Defender's would be OPed? Would this somehow prevent this?

Interesting suggestion however, but transports would come with your ground force (can't have people not being able to deploy their forces) and gunships would be classed as vehicles as they are rarely seen in space.

my thoughts exactly honestly.

I'm sure everyone has questions, but this is just to get a little feel for it and act as a platform for suggestions. Its also subject the change. Later down the line I'll extrapolate on the details, but not just yet.

The OP character list however will not be recieving an update.

Alrighty, I was adjusting my next team to suit the newer format and came across those questions.

The big one for me might be the Heavy vs. Light. I see this as an issue because of the diversity in Star Wars results in many vehicles and ships that fall into a middle ground. For instance, the NR-N99 Persuader-class droid enforcer is not of the level of an AT-TE but isn't as light as an AT-ST. Essentially these are the tanks that lack the size of AT-TE and AT-AT walkers but aren't the nimble scouts like the AT-ST or the AT-RT. What class would they fall under?

Many dreadnoughts are bigger than frigates, but smaller that Star Destroyers. Which class would they fall under ect...

So, I'd suggest defining the parameters better so you don't get people needing to make a dozen changes do to misunderstandings caused by subjective descriptions.

Also, I was under the impression Krayt and Vader were going to be added to the OP list, my mistake...

Edited by StarSquirrel

I suppose I put it across a little poorly.

My point is that people could pick some pretty OP options for Fighter and Bomber, whereas if we had only the bare basics allowed for those options and then had a third option which basically allowed you to pick anything and thus adding a bit of variety, then we would have very balanced navies but with some variety added in.