The Kaggath Returns!

My worry is that this new method won't actually allow for Diversity among factions, sure we can chose to have less but that is quite literally pointless (Far more effective to have worlds, set traps, then run)

To be honest, I liked the fact we have loads of different forces of different sizes. We have fleets of 100 vs fleets of 50, granted I still think my 25 is low (:p) but that's neither here nor there, with this system we all have the same amount of ships seemingly, and it simply becomes a race to find the biggest and baddest, most effective vessels and troops in the mythos, instead of what we have now, which is more an Anything goes type warfare, where I with 10200 troops can face against Warrens easily producible millions...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My worry is that this new method won't actually allow for Diversity among factions, sure we can chose to have less but that is quite literally pointless (Far more effective to have worlds, set traps, then run)

To be honest, I liked the fact we have loads of different forces of different sizes. We have fleets of 100 vs fleets of 50, granted I still think my 25 is low (:p) but that's neither here nor there, with this system we all have the same amount of ships seemingly, and it simply becomes a race to find the biggest and baddest, most effective vessels and troops in the mythos, instead of what we have now, which is more an Anything goes type warfare, where I with 10200 troops can face against Warrens easily producible millions...

Units won't be standardized, they'll be determined in terms of the faction they originate from.

Also you won't be able to choose units that you are not affiliated with.

But that will all be elaborated on in the near future.

I suppose I put it across a little poorly.

My point is that people could pick some pretty OP options for Fighter and Bomber, whereas if we had only the bare basics allowed for those options and then had a third option which basically allowed you to pick anything and thus adding a bit of variety, then we would have very balanced navies but with some variety added in.

OK I see, so perhaps we should have fighter, bomber and then "elite" or something for those kinds of units - of which interceptors would come under.

I have no idea what brought you to this decision....
I wasn't aware it was an important issue, there was some chatter about OP characters by I don't think we should actually go out and ban these individuals. Its not as if they've thrown the tournament of the rails. Edited by Beniboybling

I wasn't aware it was an important issue, there was some chatter about OP characters by I don't think we should actually go out and ban these individuals. Its not as if they've thrown the tournament of the rails.

Yeh, In all fairness Krayt didnt seem that OP in your battles, I lost my first Kaggath and Vader is about to be executed (:p)

Yeh, In all fairness Krayt didnt seem that OP in your battles, I lost my first Kaggath and Vader is about to be executed (:p)

lol, yeah I narrowly beat out Krayt in my match with Rayla, by the skin of my teeth... I wasn't big on it, I'd just thought from the chatter that there'd be a change and wanted to be sure my team would remain unaffected.

Edited by StarSquirrel

I wasn't aware it was an important issue, there was some chatter about OP characters by I don't think we should actually go out and ban these individuals. Its not as if they've thrown the tournament of the rails.

Krayt was viably tanking both Luke and Leia because he was that powerful at one point and almost everyone agreed.

Vader seemingly has to be ambushed by a host of Force Users or say bye bye to successfully killing him in the field.

Traya can not only hide herself in the Force, she can drain the life out of pretty much anyone but a short list of people oh and she can see the future or outright let her faction die and she simply waits for the perfect opportunity.

I think StarSquirrel(I believe) put it best when I let everyone know just how powerful Krayt really is and complained that if I can have Krayt why is Caedus even banned?

Traya can not only hide herself in the Force, she can drain the life out of pretty much anyone but a short list of people oh and she can see the future or outright let her faction die and she simply waits for the perfect opportunity.

*Grins*

And none of you fools chose her.

Getting caught up on what's going on in this thread.

OK, I think allowing people to choose their ship classes is a good idea, but it doesn't allow much diversity. This happened in WOTDT when everybody started picking SSDs. I would prefer the selection of individual fleets like with ground forces.

As for OP characters, I don't really care. I've picked a (possibly) OP character for my next faction, but it doesn't matter to me what we do.

Krayt was viably tanking both Luke and Leia because he was that powerful at one point and almost everyone agreed.

Vader seemingly has to be ambushed by a host of Force Users or say bye bye to successfully killing him in the field.

I think StarSquirrel(I believe) put it best when I let everyone know just how powerful Krayt really is and complained that if I can have Krayt why is Caedus even banned?

I do not believe any of this makes them OP, by any stretch. Nor do I advocate eliminating characters because they seem to be effective in the field of combat - part of why they were chosen was obviously for this benefit.

If this really were an issue, Darth Krayt would not have suffered two consecutive defeats and neither would Traya. And Darth Vader is my no means ROFLstomping the AE. Banning these characters would also have considerable repercussions as we would have to ban scores of other characters in league with them (of which their are many.)

Nor do I believe Darth Krayt to be comparable to Caedus.

Nor is the Kaggath a vs. series, anyone can be killed by orbital bombardment, or overwhelming odds. Ultimately the combat abilities of a particular individual are rather small in terms of the larger scope of the Kaggath I feel.

Edited by Beniboybling

Getting caught up on what's going on in this thread.

OK, I think allowing people to choose their ship classes is a good idea, but it doesn't allow much diversity. This happened in WOTDT when everybody started picking SSDs. I would prefer the selection of individual fleets like with ground forces.

As for OP characters, I don't really care. I've picked a (possibly) OP character for my next faction, but it doesn't matter to me what we do.

Rules have been put in place to prevent that from happening.

Keep the suggestions coming folks.

What we could do is have two Force Users as we have now and a third that is far less powerful, so basically you can have the Darth Sidious > Darth Tyrannus > Asajj Ventress tree of command without being OP exactly.

I like that idea. There's also some added risk involved, I feel.

Even a minorily Force Sensitive individual has a considerably edge over a non-Force sensitive one.

The Mandalorians as well as a few other groups would probably disagree with you there.

But fair enough, this is your tournament, if you wish to stick to two then that is your call.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Even a minorily Force Sensitive individual has a considerably edge over a non-Force sensitive one.

Depending on who the person is, the minority person would either have an advantage over a non-Force sensitive or not.

Example: Carnor Jax, he was really basic with his Force powers, his biggest feat lifting a large rock, he also could snatch away weapons but considering he was a Shadow Stormtrooper + a Sovereign Protector, he would have a tremendous advantage over a non-Force sensitive.

Compared to someone else who just has...at best, some heightened reflexes or agility and be able to move things. Sure they would be able to use The Force(to a very limited degree), but that wouldn't really help them in a fight if they don't have other skills to bring to bare.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Depending on who the person is, the minority person would either have an advantage over a non-Force sensitive or not.

Example: Carnor Jax, he was really basic with his Force powers, his biggest feat lifting a large rock, he also could snatch away weapons but considering he was a Shadow Stormtrooper + a Sovergin Protector, he would have a tremendous advantage over a non-Force sensitive.

Compared to someone else who just has...at best, some heightened reflexes or agility.

Nobody is going to pick the "someone else" however. They'll pick Carnor Jax, Mara Jade, Sly Moore etc. etc. Edited by Beniboybling