The Kaggath Returns!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what is the consensus on my idea? quite a few people like it.
I don't, I'd have to think on it. My only concern is a lack of material to choose from.

But perhaps, in the case of Minor Units, not.

Altogether I encourage ways in which we can make the next tournament different.

I appreciate the vote but I am intrigued to hear why I would be an NJO and Legacy era person, I feel I have quite an adequate amount of knowledge about all eras of Star Wars, from the Tython Wars to the Sith-Imperial wars.

If I were to pick an era it would be the Old Sith Wars, plainly because of the amount of sources I have at hand that quite a few people here don't seem to.

Of all the knowledgeable people on the forums you seem the one that has the most knowledge on the NJO or Legacy eras more so then any one else. I didn't mean to presume which era you were the greatest fan of just the era of which you had greater knowledge of then a majority of people.

I don't, I'd have to think on it. My only concern is a lack of material to choose from.

But perhaps, in the case of Minor Units, not.

Altogether I encourage ways in which we can make the next tournament different.

Lack of material?

There are 37 different Clone Trooper battalions to choose from, all of them have been confirmed in one way or another.

Just because everyone won't be getting 501st quality doesn't mean there is a lack of material.

I myself have created six lists with named units that haven't be chosen by anyone in the previous Kaggath tournament, trust me there is plenty of material, the ability or lack thereof of someone being able to look hard enough to find themselves some minor ground forces can't be pinned down to a lack of material.

For instance do you have any idea how many Stormtrooper battalions have been canonically referenced before? because it is well in the 100s.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Lack of material?

There are 37 different Clone Trooper battalions to choose from, all of them have been confirmed in one way or another.

Just because everyone won't be getting 501st quality doesn't mean there is a lack of material.

I myself have created six lists with named units that haven't be chosen by anyone in the previous Kaggath tournament, trust me there is plenty of material, the ability or lack thereof of someone being able to look hard enough to find themselves some minor ground forces can't be pinned down to a lack of material.

For instance do you have any idea how many Stormtrooper battalions have been canonically referenced before? because it is well in the 100s.

Well, maybe (and I don't expect everyone to agree) we should just have minor forces (both naval and ground) to give a bit more variety, and make things more manageable.

Well, maybe (and I don't expect everyone to agree) we should just have minor forces (both naval and ground) to give a bit more variety, and make things more manageable.

Maybe, sounds OK.

Minor Fleets are the ones I'm worried about, unless we were willing to estimate information...

IE, we know the number of Vessels Black Sword Command had, and the amount of SSD's but we don't know how many of each vessel it had, so it was denied to me. If we want 3 minor fleets, we might need to be more flexible.

Now that is an idea that I like, merely because the whole idea of picking one big force kind of undermines the spirit of this competition, in my opinion.

Maybe, sounds OK.

Minor Fleets are the ones I'm worried about, unless we were willing to estimate information...

IE, we know the number of Vessels Black Sword Command had, and the amount of SSD's but we don't know how many of each vessel it had, so it was denied to me. If we want 3 minor fleets, we might need to be more flexible.

Well we could always have folks choose "fleets" from major naval forces as well.

Though it could be 2 Minor and then one "Special" or something.

While we wait for Beni to call the current Kaggath, I agree that we should work on ironing out the details. That way we get it done with now so that there isn't a long delay between Kaggath tourneys.

And the minutes for todays meeting :p

• 3 minor ground forces per Major, or the losing of Major Forces all together.
  • The Possibility of downsizing large fleets or Navies into one small package to accommodate the lack of specifically named fleets, whilst remaining in the correct Unit size.
  • Being able to get first pick out of your current alliance's people and Units for the next Kaggath.
  • Weather or not we add new sections in, IE Special forces, like Beni Suggested. Or Perhaps new positions in command staff.

• The Possibility of downsizing large fleets or Navies into one small package to accommodate the lack of specifically named fleets, whilst remaining in the correct Unit size.
  • Being able to get first pick out of your current alliance's people and Units for the next Kaggath.
  • Weather or not we add new sections in, IE Special forces, like Beni Suggested. Or Perhaps new positions in command staff.

I must say I do like all but number 3, simply because it encourages people to stick with the same old Op characters if they managed to get them.

More over I do believe we still have a few OP characters lingering about that people are using, my own character Darth Krayt was definitely OP, in my opinion.

I must say I do like all but number 3, simply because it encourages people to stick with the same old Op characters if they managed to get them.

More over I do believe we still have a few OP characters lingering about that people are using, my own character Darth Krayt was definitely OP, in my opinion.

Who else?

I personally am throwing together a Light Sided faction for the next one, I want to shake it up... Might even go light for the occasion :p

Hehe, agreed about Krayt ;)

I think Rayla is right, picks should be totally reset. If someone wants to build an entirely new team (because they got in late last time or for the sake of keeping things interesting) this would hinder them severely.

Edited by StarSquirrel

1. Aye

2. Aye

3. I think we should start from scratch, possibly allowed to pick one character from our current command structure.

4. I like the idea of Special Forces. Groups like Imperial Knights or anything relatively small would fit the bill, yes?

Hehe, agreed about Krayt ;)

I think Rayla is right, picks should be totally reset. If someone wants to build an entirely new team (because they got in late last time or for the sake of keeping things interesting) this would hinder them severely.

Meh, i got in late last time, I have solid faith in my faction :D

Yeh, I'm Okay with that.

Though I have to ask, would you guys say Traya is OP? I was planning on having Kreia in my next Light Side faction but I'd like to know now if she wouldn't be allowed.

Meh, i got in late last time, I have solid faith in my faction :D

Yeh, I'm Okay with that.

Though I have to ask, would you guys say Traya is OP? I was planning on having Kreia in my next Light Side faction but I'd like to know now if she wouldn't be allowed.

I think the way she is described on the forums is OP, but how she is in actual cannon is not.

OP Characters: Krayt, Traya, Vader.

I will have to look back through the threads to see who else is in, but those three come to mind.

To be honest, If we're counting half the command staff (That's Luke too) is it really OP? I can think of several people that could be included if people wanted that power.

- Surik

- Revan

- Plageuis

- Thanaton / Jadus

- Sion

The list goes on and on :p

Although, I guess using Sion is pretty much a No no, seeing as he cant really die.

To be honest, If we're counting half the command staff (That's Luke too) is it really OP? I can think of several people that could be included if people wanted that power.

- Surik

- Revan

- Plageuis

- Thanaton / Jadus

- Sion

The list goes on and on :p

Although, I guess using Sion is pretty much a No no, seeing as he cant really die.

I hope we don't rule Plagueis out. I already have my faction written out and he's in it. :(