The Kaggath Returns!

But to get this discussion rolling along, I thought I would introduce my own belief:

The Ground Forces are split into either one Major Ground Force or two Minor Ground Forces, I believe this should be bumped up to three Minor Ground Forces as I personally do not believe that you gain enough variety with only two and yet even with three, the Major Ground Force will still have vastly superior numbers anyway, which is largely the point of having a Major Ground Force, the major strength is the numbers it affords you.

Basically this change allows a person that does not have a Major Ground Force the option of larger variety.

Ohhhh, I like this.

Like it a lot :p

The same could be done with Minor fleets, possibly... Maybe. Seeing as we have the limit for minor fleets at around 12 ships now, and some major fleets have about 120....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But to get this discussion rolling along, I thought I would introduce my own belief:

The Ground Forces are split into either one Major Ground Force or two Minor Ground Forces, I believe this should be bumped up to three Minor Ground Forces as I personally do not believe that you gain enough variety with only two and yet even with three, the Major Ground Force will still have vastly superior numbers anyway, which is largely the point of having a Major Ground Force, the major strength is the numbers it affords you.

Basically this change allows a person that does not have a Major Ground Force the option of larger variety.

That's fair.

Ohhhh, I like this.

Like it a lot :p

The same could be done with Minor fleets, possibly... Maybe. Seeing as we have the limit for minor fleets at around 12 ships now, and some major fleets have about 120....

I'd approve of this as well as Rayla's suggestion. It'd also allow for more variety in strategy and I imagine we'll see more obscure groups so it'll be more fun to debate their effectiveness.

Now that I think I have caught up on some of this thanks to the VERY off-topic under-rated thread (seriously can that thread ever stay on topic) For the third I would say either Rayla or Selenial, I would mostly vote Rayla though as I feel that would give the widest knowledge base.

Beni seems a bit more knowledgable and biggest fan of the OR era

Aurbere to me seems a Clone wars Era person and

Rayla to me seems an NJO and Legacy era person.

Edit: on the 3 minors idea. I would be ok with this IF and only IF the restrictions on Majors was lifted a bit more then it is currently. I seriously want all of you people to think about this, not a single person elected to take a Major ground force save for myself. If people thought 2 minor ground forces was a better choice for them then 1 Major ground force then and with how restricted a my Major has become I guarantee not a single person will take a Major if they are allowed to choose 3 minors. That right there is a the definition of a none existent choice. It might as well Read every one gets a choise of 3 ground forces each numbering 10k or less because no one will choose the Major option at all, with how it is now.

Edited by tunewalker

Now that I think I have caught up on some of this thanks to the VERY off-topic under-rated thread (seriously can that thread ever stay on topic) For the third I would say either Rayla or Selenial, I would mostly vote Rayla though as I feel that would give the widest knowledge base.

Beni seems a bit more knowledgable and biggest fan of the OR era

Aurbere to me seems a Clone wars Era person and

Edit: on the 3 minors idea. I would be ok with this IF and only IF the restrictions on Majors was lifted a bit more then it is currently. I seriously want all of you people to think about this, not a single person elected to take a Major ground force save for myself. If people thought 2 minor ground forces was a better choice for them then 1 Major ground force then and with how restricted a my Major has become I guarantee not a single person will take a Major if they are allowed to choose 3 minors. That right there is a the definition of a none existent choice. It might as well Read every one gets a choise of 3 ground forces each numbering 10k or less because no one will choose the Major option at all, with how it is now.

Makes a lot of sense, I hate the NJO era :p

It's really numbers vs diversity here, how many troops do you have again?

And just so you know, I might be taking a major ground force next round...

Edited by Selenial

Makes a lot of sense, I hate the NJO era :p

It's really numbers vs diversity here, how many troops do you have again?

And just so you know, I might be taking a major ground force next round...

Currently after the nerf total...... 50k so all-in-all less then double 3 minors with 39.5k being standard troops.

Edited by tunewalker

Well you'd probably get bumped to 75k...

But that nerf bat was needed pretty badly, you have to admit:

Ya I admit, it was, not sure about in some up-coming matches for the size of the Nerf. Also if it was going to be a 25k increase it would end up me saying might as well go the distance and make it 2 cores instead of 1 and then pump it to 89k, but hey that's just me.

Like I said I just feel in its current state Major's would have a big disadvantage to 3 minor's. As it is now I will straight up say 1 major is definitely better then 2 minor's So a change is needed overall in my opinion.

I appreciate the vote but I am intrigued to hear why I would be an NJO and Legacy era person, I feel I have quite an adequate amount of knowledge about all eras of Star Wars, from the Tython Wars to the Sith-Imperial wars.

If I were to pick an era it would be the Old Sith Wars, plainly because of the amount of sources I have at hand that quite a few people here don't seem to.

I agree with Beni's plan, but can we call my match before I become one with the Force?

That's a joke right? T.T

Beni, the longer you wait the more I spam the thread with quotes, like, unstoppable amounts of quotes... It'll be far better for Canino if you just call t now, and everyone wants this done with :(

That's a joke right? T.T

Beni, the longer you wait the more I spam the thread with quotes, like, unstoppable amounts of quotes... It'll be far better for Canino if you just call t now, and everyone wants this done with :(

Yes. A paraphrase of Master Glaive's quote in 'The New Face of War'