BW: So Just got Hypergates SEVEN TIMES IN A ROW!

Lord_Oz

What the hell...seriously...

It's time you put in a REAL Queue system for PVP. So sick of getting hypergates OVER AND OVER! I just got it SEVEN times in a row. Seriously, check my character log...SEVEN TIMES IN A ROW! This is getting ridiculous.

Seriously something is seriously borked. I'm at 11 out of 12 games now being Hypergates. ONE Novare after 8 hypergates in a row. I just did a /who for all the warzones..

Pit - 32 people

Civil War - 56 people

Voidstar - 72 people

novare - 46 people

Hypergates - First 100 showing...

Did it 9 times Ina row last week, lost 8 of them. And it's gotta be my least favorite WZ. Couldn't be Voidstar (my favorite) or even AC or HB. Nope. Gotta be AH. Unfortunately, if they put a "pick your own WZ" system, 1 WZ would be flooded all the time while another would be empty. I vote for more WZ's which will decrease the likelyhood of repeats.

Did it 9 times Ina row last week, lost 8 of them. And it's gotta be my least favorite WZ. Couldn't be Voidstar (my favorite) or even AC or HB. Nope. Gotta be AH. Unfortunately, if they put a "pick your own WZ" system, 1 WZ would be flooded all the time while another would be empty. I vote for more WZ's which will decrease the likelyhood of repeats.

Other games that I won't mention have the option to pick whatever wz you want. Other games that have WAY more subscribers and have CROSS REALM, actually it's not just cross-realm but the entire region. All of NA plays against all of NA. Flooding a single wz shouldn't be an issue as it isn't in other games. It would be a good metric for them as well to see who is picking what maps so they have a definitive clue as to which ones suck.

I bet their system works in the following way:

They have a set of instances for warzones that they reuse. Once a warzone finishes, the system picks the next available group to fill the now vacant warzone instance. This works well if there are a large number of people in queue, but if same group of people re-queue and are immediately put in front of queue then they will end up with same instance. I can see this happening if there are few people in queue because most pvp groups are already in active warzones.

the odds of 9 in a row were too small and required scientific notation or whatever its called because it was so low, and someone says they got 9 before

I'm still getting nothing but hypergate regardless

LOL it was back before the patch that "fixed" it. I literally counted and played 9 Hypergates in a row on my Sniper.

LOL it was back before the patch that "fixed" it. I literally counted and played 9 Hypergates in a row on my Sniper.

Well, let's be fair. The odds of 9 Hypergates in row change when you consider how many warzones you play. If you play 1000 warzones, the odds of 9 Hypergates in a row somewhere in that sequence of 1000 warzones is much higher than if you only played 9 warzones.

Probabilities for same WZ sequences.

Two in a row: 1/25

Three:1/125

Four:1/625

Five:1/3125

Six:1/15625

Seven: 1/78125

Eight:1/390625 or 0.00000256

/mathfail

You assume they are dependent events, which they are in fact not.

A coin flip is always 50/50, no matter how many 'heads' in a row you have.

I'll go put my dork hat on and sit in the corner now.

/mathfail

You assume they are dependent events, which they are in fact not.

I'll go put my dork hat on and sit in the corner now.

I'm dreadful with math, but I don't see what's wrong with his math?

It looks like he was using the formula for Independent Probability: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability#Independent_probability

Which is the correct one to use in this situation, no?

Well, I bet they have the 'rng' like this :p

Civil War: 2%

Huttball: 3%

Novare Coast: 4%

Voidstar: 5%

Ancient Hypergates: 86%

:eek:

For me it would be:

Hypergates: 90%

Voidstar: 4%

Civil War: 4%

Novare Coast: 1%

Huttball: 1%

I think you've misunderstood what he's on about. The question is not "what are the odds the next coin flip will be heads?" (that's always 50/50 as you say) - it's "How improbable is flipping a coin 9 times and getting heads nine times in a row?"

Anyway, I suspect the system does use RNG but that's not actually desirable. I recall reading something about the shuffle/random feature in an MP3 player. Originally it was set to be properly random but people complained because sometimes they got the same song two or three times in a short space of time. So it was changed to avoid this - i.e. making it less random made it seem more random.

The odd thing about this change is that the method that maps were cycled was pretty much the one area in PVP I don't recall many complaints about. This fix/change they applied when moving to 2.0 seems to be unprovoked and has produced a worse playing experience. Not sure why it isn't reversed to be honest. I've not had 8 in a row, but I did have same faction Novare Coast 4 times in a row on the weekened, followed by two more games of Rep vs Imp Novare Coast for variety.

Bioware look at their useless metrics and said that everything was 'working at intended'. However, I think rolling the same warzone has something to do with the group, because notice how many times you end up with almost the same group as the previous game?

My current record is Norva Bore 17 times in a row.

happens... I didn't have AH on my operative in a week, you had 8 in a row.. that's how it works...

I had 2 armorings blue learned from first RE of green, took me 32 mods to get 'blue'.

to many games in a row that is sickening? leave at start. no penalties. (just please leave at start, so team don't get punished - if want to type something explaining why you leave, make it short and quick, even 'sorry, hate this wz to many times in a row')

Probabilities for same WZ sequences.

Two in a row: 1/25

Three:1/125

Four:1/625

Five:1/3125

Six:1/15625

Seven: 1/78125

Eight:1/390625 or 0.00000256

This measures also say, that if there are 390625 active PVP players and everyone is only playing 9 Games, the probability is high, that one is getting 9 HG in a row, or if one PVP player is doing 390625 games, he or she might face it once. If you know think about 390625 players playing 390625 games ...

Interesting, I felt the same way, I've started playing again recently, about two weeks now, and have started to PvP in earnest over the past week. I have not had a NC game yet, I've had 1 Huttball and 1 ACW. The rest have been AH and VS, personally I've always enjoyed VS and AH is new to me still so I still find it fresh and enjoyable. It does seem the new system is either quirky, or favors some WZ's over others, Maybe BioWARE needs to take a closer look.

Something else I find interesting is that AH feels like the closest thing we have to an arena, in that a large objective of it is to kill other players, yet from the posts here it seems to be rather unpopular, while in other posts people are clamoring for Arena's. If I may ask a couple questions,

1) What about AH do you dislike?

2) If you like Arena but dislike AH , why?

-Is it because people can respawn? Making it too unlike the traditional Arena setup?

-Is it because there are objectives (the pylons) and not just straight player combat?

I ask because I've never played an MMO with Arena, only objective style PvP, and I enjoy the challenge of trying to complete an objective while others try to stop me, it adds a challenge simple PvP combat doesn't. If I want just straight PvP I usually head to Tatooine, where, on my server, it's easy to start ganking a few lowbies and instigate a full on battle as guildies call in support. And while those battles are fun for a while, I find just killing gets redundant after some time. It's always more thrilling to decide we're going to try and clear the enemy outposts and push them back, thereby making an objective.

Forgive me for my questions, I'm just trying to get a feel for the community in regards to this.

What the hell...seriously...

It's time you put in a REAL Queue system for PVP. So sick of getting hypergates OVER AND OVER! I just got it SEVEN times in a row. Seriously, check my character log...SEVEN TIMES IN A ROW! This is getting ridiculous.

BW is punishing you because you touch yourself at night.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.