Please ban me from buying Cartel Packs

ruxus

Dear to whom it may concern, I really need to be blocked from purchasing Cartel / Gamble Packs with credits and cartel coins. It's killing me... it's killing my experience. :( I'm sitting around low on everything, everyday. I've had a similar gambling problem in real life. I'd really appreciate it if I was banned from buying those. Thank you in advance! Edited by ruxus

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just buy a ton of cartel coins all at once and they'll block you from buying more.

It'll cost you some money but it'll put an end to your problem.

Then again, you might be able to call customer service and have them put a block on your account from buying Cartel Coins.

It may not work and it won't stop you from buying them with credits, but it's worth a shot.

Also, http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/

Dear to whom it may concern, I really need to be blocked from purchasing Cartel / Gamble Packs with credits and cartel coins. It's killing me... it's killing my experience. :( I'm sitting around low on everything, everyday. I've had a similar gambling problem in real life. I'd really appreciate it if I was banned from buying those. Thank you in advance!

Gotta remove yourself from the source.

Dear to whom it may concern, I really need to be blocked from purchasing Cartel / Gamble Packs with credits and cartel coins. It's killing me... it's killing my experience. :( I'm sitting around low on everything, everyday. I've had a similar gambling problem in real life. I'd really appreciate it if I was banned from buying those. Thank you in advance!

My friend banned herself by quitting TOR for the exact same reason you want to be banned!

Cartel Coins aside, what about purchasing them with credits? I've wasted millions of credits on the packs and I still keep purchasing them every time I have enough thus leaving me with nothing else to spend on. I couldn't even pay for repairs yesterday lol... I don't even know what I'm trying to get out of them. In regards to Customer Service, there are still a ton of other issues I need resolved. The game is clearly a success, I don't understand why they don't invest more of it back into content, techs, marketing and customer support representatives :) Edited by ruxus

Yea, as my stepfather used to say a lot, "sounds like a personal problem to me". OP, this should be between you and your shrink, not you and a bunch of rabid forum posters. We can be vicious and very Sith about these things....

Unless you posted this to simply troll the community, of course. That's not unheard of either.

Edited by Lewintelamon

Most gamblingsites that I know of has a limit /week you can use money

This should be available for this game aswell, it is so easy to spend money on this game it is almost sick. The current settings seems not be enough for some people.

Perhaps a review from Disney or some external company could be a good thing.

Edited by Icestar

Most gamblingsites that I know of has a limit /week you can use money

This should be available for this game aswell, it is so easy to spend money on this game it is almost sick. The current settings seems not be enough for some people.

Perhaps a review from Disney or some external company could be a good thing.

Well there IS a limit to how many coins you can buy /month... thats the same thing really... cant spend more coin if you cant buy more coin...

Well there IS a limit to how many coins you can buy /month... thats the same thing really... cant spend more coin if you cant buy more coin...

I think it is limited to a number of buys, hence you can buy the "best deal" and spend a crapload of cash.

This whole thread is pointless imo because I don't believe cartel packs is gambling. In order for something to be a gamble there has to be a chance to lose. When you buy a cartel pack, you pay money for a random assortment of items and recieve a random assortment of items. There is no chance to lose because you just got what you paid for. When you bought a pack of pokemon cards when you were a kid, was it gambling? No because you paid for a pack of 9 cards and recieved a pack of 9 cards. No gamble. If you are buying the packs hoping to get a certain item then why not save up your creds and buy it off the gtn?

Why does the firm need to play to the lowest common denominator? Should the donut shop ban you from the store because you buy too many donuts? You'd have a hard time convincing anyone in authority that buying packs is "gambling." If you think so, sue them and find out.

No gamble. If you are buying the packs hoping to get a certain item then why not save up your creds and buy it off the gtn?
Agree with this fully, but.

There is no chance to lose because you just got what you paid for. When you bought a pack of pokemon cards when you were a kid, was it gambling?

Yeah, you always got a " star " - rated card in every pack, which was either precious, or real useful.

Pretty sure that " reveler's fine cap " and a white crystal are both rated as "rare items" in the pack loot. But we all know the answer to which shows up MUCH more often than the other 1. :)

Edited by Tachenko_Yuri

Why does the firm need to play to the lowest common denominator? Should the donut shop ban you from the store because you buy too many donuts? You'd have a hard time convincing anyone in authority that buying packs is "gambling." If you think so, sue them and find out.

you buy a donut, give money, get your donut in return. That isn't gambling.

Dumbing it down: you chose your item. You pay for it, and you get the item.

Buying a bag with a big question mark on it, and knowing it's content only and exclusively AFTER opening said bag ( and rightfully voiding any chance of a refund ) i'm afraid that this, is called gambling :)

Edited by Tachenko_Yuri

I'd be really surprised if the OP was even serious. This reeks of trolling.

Yes, people do have issues with many things, including a general addiction to MMOs and gaming, even without spending any money. If that is truly your case, unsub from the game, remove your credit card/paypal from the account, and seek help.

This whole thread is pointless imo because I don't believe cartel packs is gambling. In order for something to be a gamble there has to be a chance to lose. When you buy a cartel pack, you pay money for a random assortment of items and recieve a random assortment of items. There is no chance to lose because you just got what you paid for. When you bought a pack of pokemon cards when you were a kid, was it gambling? No because you paid for a pack of 9 cards and recieved a pack of 9 cards. No gamble. If you are buying the packs hoping to get a certain item then why not save up your creds and buy it off the gtn?

There's also no chance to "win". The best you can get is an imaginary item that may be worth imaginary currency.

They've figured out how to make money by exploiting the gambling urge, without actually giving away anything at all.

It's gambling and the worst example of it.

Buying a bag with a big question mark on it, and knowing it's content only and exclusively AFTER opening said bag ( and rightfully voiding any chance of a refund ) i'm afraid that this, is called gambling :)

No, because you can't lose. There's no downside. If you buy a grab bag, you get the grab bag. The contract has been fulfilled. If you had to pay Cartel Coins for a chance to roll the dice and there was a good chance you would lose the roll and NOT get the grab bag, OK, that's gambling. But there's no chance of that. You ALWAYS get the grab bag you paid for. You ALWAYS get the Pokémon deck, even though you're not sure exactly what cards you will get.

The point is that OP wants someone else to control his behavior for him. He'd like to pretend he is "gambling," and that he is so weak of mind that he can't help himself, therefore someone else needs to step in and help him from himself. All this fluff on Disney's "ethics" is beside the point, especially if you do not accept the premise that OP is addicted to gambling and the CM is gambling.

It's your every right to insist this is gambling if you want to, but unless you can convince a judge that this is gambling, and/or you are willing to put forth the effort to do so, it's not going to happen and nothing (thankfully) will change. You are not going to get Big Brother to come in and proclaim what behavior you are allowed to do.

Basically what I would like to see OP do is handle his own issues and stop compelling other people to do it for him.

In Sands of Iwo Jima (1949), John Wayne's character, Sergeant Stryker, says, "Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

The definition of a gamble is to engage in any activity that risks your money with the intention of making a profit. To mewhen you buy a cartel pack you ae not risking your money. You are getting 5 items you can either use ( either with that toon or transferring to another) or sell for credits. Where is the risk to your money?

The definition of a gamble is to engage in any activity that risks your money with the intention of making a profit. To mewhen you buy a cartel pack you ae not risking your money. You are getting 5 items you can either use ( either with that toon or transferring to another) or sell for credits. Where is the risk to your money?

No matter what you win, it has no actual value.

All they are selling you is the "thrill" of the act of gambling with no actual pay off. They also control every facet of the act without any regulation or third party oversight. It's really nothing more than marketing exploiting a new revenue stream that has not existed long enough, and only affects a tiny amount of people so it hasn't gotten the attention of regulatory agencies yet.