Does anyone else not have the will to replay a class story?

falgarr

I leveled a Sorc to 50 long ago, but now I want to roll a sin.

But, I do not have the willpower to replay the class story again. I already know whats going to happen. That's no fun to me.

I went LS on my Sorc(I hate myself for doing that), so going DS may make it a bit of fun, but probably not enough to justify me playing it.

My question to you is, do you have the will to replay a class story? Have you done it? Was it incredibly boring?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, I do not have the willpower to replay the class story again. I already know whats going to happen. That's no fun to me.

I went LS on my Sorc(I hate myself for doing that), so going DS may make it a bit of fun, but probably not enough to justify me playing it.

My question to you is, do you have the will to replay a class story? Have you done it? Was it incredibly boring?

Replay it in double exp.

I wanna do consular again, thats it.

I have three +50 sorcs and two +50 sages along with two shadows in the level 40 region and a lvl 34 assassin. I hate having to play through those stories again but I did it pre-2.0 to be able to change my look and when I re-rolled on a ner server. I would never do it for fun.

Yes, I can replay the same exact class in swtor so long as it's not the exact same class such as jug and jug ect. If I had the time I would level every class and mirror class, but I don't so I level the classes with the animations I prefer.

certain stories, not only will, but genuine desire. sorc for example is one of my favorites.

but I'm that weirdo who can read a favorite book, or watch a favorite movie, over and over and over, and still have tons of fun.

and with TOR stories, I can actually make them different enough to still have something new to discover.

Replay again on normal xp (or even normal xp + xp booster)? No.

Replay again on double xp weekend with xp booster? Yes.

That's more of a would I have the will to do so, not that I would. Maybe on the Agent, as I hate the Operative play style, but rolled as an Operative because I thought it fit the class better (still think it does, but I prefer the gunslinger/sniper play style).

certain stories, not only will, but genuine desire. sorc for example is one of my favorites.

but I'm that weirdo who can read a favorite book, or watch a favorite movie, over and over and over, and still have tons of fun.

and with TOR stories, I can actually make them different enough to still have something new to discover.

i have played the JK story 18 tiems the SW 6 times the bounty hunter 5 times the trooper 4 times and the smuggler twice. Also got to chapter 3 on the consular story but it is really boring...

i really don't have a problem with it. However alpha and beta testers had to start ever every time they made a new build... but even still replaying a great story is no big deal for someone who had more of an attention span of a turnip.

Edited by Hizoka

@ OP,

You could try selecting different quest dialogue the next time around. Try the sarcastic remarks, pick the one that you think would make Zash force choke you. Go full light whether you like it or not, try NPC romance...pick the opposite sex, try body type 3.

Yea, doing the same story twice is super boring...Good thing we aren't playing EVERY OTHER MMO and don't have the exact same story for every single class.

Yes, I've done it and am still doing it. Switching up between Light and Dark side choices helps as the story does turn out differently depending on what choices you make. But even going with the same choices, I think about it like a great movie. I can watch A New Hope a thousand times (probably close to that already) and it would never get boring to me. SWTOR is like that for me. The stories are that good. But maybe that's just me.

:cool:

I see it the same as watching a movie that I have already watched.

I watch Star Wars: A new hope every chance I get. If i was to roll another Trooper (since commando is my main), it'd be the same thing. Only unlike A new hope, my Star Wars: Trooper movie can turn out differently due to darkside/lightside.

But, I do not have the willpower to replay the class story again.

Not enough willpower. Heh.

But yeah, I replay class stories all the time, because I like to try out different skill trees. Usually entertained by the subtle differences in Light/Dark Side, race-related, and other options.

I have enough problems leveling up secondary characters as it is. It's just so boring going through the same static worlds doing the same Kill X/Fetch X quests. The only thing that keeps me interested in the game is warzones and the fact that it's Star Wars. Edited by Anti_Bodies

I admire you all, I don't know how you have the patience to rerun this game from scratch without being autistic.

its from growing up without a soccer mom that hands everything to you without making you earn anything. id today are handed everything they have no idea what it means to earn something, that is why so many QQ they they do not get everything they want instantly.

I have one of each AC, and I can say that I certainly dreaded (not seriously, but close, lol) having to do some of the class stories again. Inquisitor, Consular, and Knight are probably were my least favorites; Agent and Trooper (Mom is retired military so I like the overall feel of it, and I played it LS the 1st time and DS the second) are probably my favorites.

I agree, though, that I hate doing all the planet missions for each one (Voss, I'm looking at you..) even more. Well, I don't really have to do them, but I generally spacebar the heck outta them.

Also, yeah, Double XP Weekends helped me out a lot. :) I made sure I would finish up Hoth & Belsavis to the point where all Voss missions were either green or grey, and I would rush through my class ones. (Also, hitting 50 in Labor Valley or Axial Park on Corellia, warping to fleet & picking up the (now gone :sadpanda: ) Tionese gear, and going back and roflstomping the critters (and final boss)... loved doing that).

I've just never liked Voss, since my first Assassin to the present. Not saying it it's crap or learn2code (far from it!), but I think the Voss people themselves are what I hate. Probably something about the whole 'Mystics are never wrong' to be honest.

Overall, I don't mind doing the class stories for almost all the classes, but the 8x planet arcs (per faction) sapped more from me. :D (Sorry for the wall o' text, everyone!)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.