Corner Capping

sirullrich

What does the PVP community feel about invis corner capping on novarre coast. I for one think it is an exploit, but some people tend to defend it saying it's part of the game.

Those tend to be the people who use it often haha. Most likely imp toons also; I rarely see a rep use the corner exploit.

What is the "corner capping" thing? I know that if you get close to the inside corners of the bunkers, you are harder to see. I always try to get as close as possible, just to limit LOS, but I've also found that if I get too close then the 'trigger' won't activate for me to cap. So I think I'm always visible to the enemy. Many times I've tried to ninja cap behind someones back, and if they turn to look they sure seem to see me.

What does the PVP community feel about invis corner capping on novarre coast. I for one think it is an exploit, but some people tend to defend it saying it's part of the game.

it's not an exploit and nor are you invisible, you can see people capping and you can target them

Since i always see your guildies to do it, i would guess it's OK.

it's not an exploit and nor are you invisible, you can see people capping and you can target them

This.

In unranked, who cares?!

In ranked, if you don't have somebody who can aoe the node, or a tank/melee who is in the area, you are doing it wrong.

This.

In unranked, who cares?!

In ranked, if you don't have somebody who can aoe the node, or a tank/melee who is in the area, you are doing it wrong.

Well I guess it's not a big deal then. I swear I saw SB lose in a NC match and they were complaining about fixing it. But I guess I it didn't happen then. :D

Edited by sirullrich

Lets count the number of ways to stop corner capping without even targetting the guy:

Death field, orbital strike, grenade, force lightning, death from above, smash, lacerate, intimidating roar, sweeping slash, carbonize, flame sweep, jet boost, sweeping blasters, flame thrower, suppressive fire, cover pulse, carbine burst, frag grenade, overload. Probably missed a few in there.

This doesn't include targetted aoe such as wither, flash bang, etc that may ACCIDENTALLY interrupt a cap if your target happens to be nearby.

TLDR: l2p issue

Edited by JP_Legatus

Lets count the number of ways to stop corner capping without even targetting the guy:

Death field, orbital strike, grenade, force lightning, death from above, smash, lacerate, intimidating roar, sweeping slash, carbonize, flame sweep, jet boost, sweeping blasters, flame thrower, suppressive fire, cover pulse, carbine burst, frag grenade, overload. Probably missed a few in there.

This doesn't include targetted aoe such as wither, flash bang, etc that may ACCIDENTALLY interrupt a cap if your target happens to be nearby.

TLDR: l2p issue

LOL I know how to stop a cap. I said we should be able to stop the cap before he starts it.

It is an exploit since a BT1 female is almost 90% invisible in the corner. Sure you can usually see something but there is a delay due to how little of the model there is visible. So during ranked game you can stop the cap but they will get a tick. Especially when it is a marauder doing it on camo cooldown, so you never see them go in. Tick after tick they will get the cap. Big disadvantage to those teams that do not have a BT1 female marauder to chose from.

wat......

It is an exploit since a BT1 female is almost 90% invisible in the corner. Sure you can usually see something but there is a delay due to how little of the model there is visible. So during ranked game you can stop the cap but they will get a tick. Especially when it is a marauder doing it on camo cooldown, so you never see them go in. Tick after tick they will get the cap. Big disadvantage to those teams that do not have a BT1 female marauder to chose from.

This what the above guy wrote.

^^this

A body type one female can actually clip far enough into the wall that the nameplate disappears, you also cannot tab target them when they are like this.

You can AoE them but you not going to know to AoE until they have gotten a couple ticks, unless your already in the habit of AoEing blank walls

On Ebon Hawk there's practically a religion founded on the premise that corner capping is an "exploit".

I've never really understood how it could possibly be considered one since you are both visible and attackable AND the giant scorecard in the top right of the screen lights up.

I don't do it myself because it never works against people who are awake - it's almost always a far better tactic to spread out with your team and cap from multiple distances and directions so that a single AoE can not interrupt you all.

Edited by Jenzali

The only way to stop the corner cap safely is with smashers. All the other AEs mentioned are either resource intensive or on a long CD. You're not going to just call an orbital strike on the control room 'just in case'. It's not a problem as long as you're even or ahead in smash power. If you're behind going into that room is suicide and every AE you can use from far away has some kind of drawback that will hurt you eventually. Sure you can stop it but if you have to throw a Force Storm each time someone attempts this, whoever's doing the AE isn't going to have a lot of resource left to do anything else useful.

I think it's bush league, but there's nothing I can do about it.