Purple Power Crystals at Lower Level(?)

Maudril

Question: All of the standard purple (Not talking any pinkish or black-cored variant) seem to be, at lowest, level 47. Are there any crystals available for lower levels, such as a character level 30 or 40.

I find it odd at any rate that the standard purple is so rare, while so many other more ridiculous and exotic looking colors (Black cored sabers, all of them, yellow-orange, pink-purple to name a few) seem to be many times more common than... well, purple.

So are there no lower-leveled purple crystals available? Do I just need to haunt the GTN until I find one? What is going on with them?

And can someone tell me why such a non-exotic color is so rare in comparison to even its black-cored variant?

Which is pretty much pink, not what I am looking for. I am looking for standard purple, I gave my Derelict Purple crystal to my companion.

That is the same color as Mace Windu's crystal.

If you do not respect the Du, then the Du don't respect YOU.

*flaps cape and walks out*

Which is pretty much pink, not what I am looking for. I am looking for standard purple, I gave my Derelict Purple crystal to my companion.

I wouldn't call that pink or even pretty much pink. The pink-purple one sure but derelict purple is still purple. Either way for the deep purple color you won't see em till near 50.

I wouldn't call that pink or even pretty much pink. The pink-purple one sure but derelict purple is still purple. Either way for the deep purple color you won't see em till near 50.

Well, that's garbage. Doesn't make sense that I can get a black-core purple that long before I can get a standard-core purple.

Thanks for the confirmation, I still think the fact that such a color is so rare absurd.

Edited by Maudril

Derelict-Purple doesn't have a black core. It's actually a little lighter in the center than in the aura.

As for the rarity, keep in mind that purple lightsabers didn't even exist in Star Wars until Samuel L. Jackson made it happen by insisting on purple for Mace Windu's saber.

Edited by nateslice

That's not even remotely close to being pink. Guess you've never seen one of the pink-purple crystals. Now THAT is pink......hideous looking pink, lol.

Technically speaking, the database sites show purple crystals for lower levels in the database. It could be that they are in the database but not in the game. They can't be crafted. It's possible that there might be a few weapons on planet vendors that have purple crystals in them that you could strip out. I've received a few orange crystals at lower levels as random drops and those can't be crafted either. So perhaps there are some random drop/item roll purple crystals floating around out there. But, even if so, they'd be hard to come across. I agree though with your overall point that purple should be craftable or accessible at lower levels. Same goes for orange as far as I'm concerned.

Well, that's garbage. Doesn't make sense that I can get a black-core purple that long before I can get a standard-core purple.

Thanks for the confirmation, I still think the fact that such a color is so rare absurd.

you can't. Black-Purple is level 50 only just like normal purple.

Before 1.2 you used to get color crystals off world bosses and the Nar Shadaa one dropped purple but that was a long time ago.

What are you talking about? Derelicturple doesn't have a black core. The black core purple crystal is level 50+, derelict purple is 10+. For all your ranting and raving though you don't seem to have any idea on what's what. Maybe try doing a little bit more search first before coming on here and going pear shaped on Bioware.

I was not saying that Derelict purple had a black core, I was mentioning how I was able to buy black-purple crystals on the GTN at level 30-something, or derelict purple (which has too much red IMO) and yet the lowest level standard purple crystal is many times more rare, and does not come as low a level as either of the more exotic-colors.

Man, I guess on forums if I don't put the 0 before the .1 people are going to shout at me "1 is not a decimal point, noob. For all your ranting and raving you don't know what you're talking about, do some research."

As for it being rare lore-wise, I would accept that if they were rare among NPC's (For instance, foundry boss, Zash), but not if its pretty well standard-issue among the Sith on Taris, where there seem to be more Sith NPC's wielding purple than red.

And rarity in the movies does not account for what happens here, seeing how lore is madly inconsistent depending on what you look at (Most star wars material says that the Sith were completely wiped out during the Great Hyperspace war, the book series centering around Jacen Solo's turn to the dark side describes the Sith as non-humanoid, etc.) I do not see how that is relevant. Also, going by that logic most of the lightsaber colors in this game should not exist at all. But we all know that George Lucas can be surprisingly narrow about such details.

My point remains that black-purple and pink-purple should be more rare than standard purple. The way I see it, any non-white-core crystal should be more rare than any white-core crystal(that would sorta up the novelty factor). I can see derelict purple and purple being of same rarity. Making one more difficult than the other makes about as much sense as making either yellow or orange many times more rare than the other

The way I can see crystal rarity making sense is in a tier fashion such as this

1. Blue, Green, and Red

2. Orange, Yellow, and Purple

3. Cyan and Magenta

4. Black Cores

5. Yellow-Orange, Cyan-Blue, Pink-Purple.

That way it will also fit into some thing of alien technology making funky-looking cores instead of the entire system being arbitrary (certainly seems arbitrary to me), upping the novelty factor of the more exotic colors. It makes more sense that the lower levels are running around with white cores while the higher-ups get to show off their fancy and exotic blades, instead of the whole system looking rather random

I think the derelict purple looks great, at times it looks more like the color that Windu uses than the normal one.

But I hate all the ugly black colored lightsabers, they truly ruin the feel of this game. Another thing is that it is more rare to see people with all the normal colors now, like normal green and blue....

For all your ranting and raving though you don't seem to have any idea on what's what. Maybe try doing a little bit more search first before coming on here and going pear shaped on Bioware.

Can this be a general rule in the forums... that would be great, yeah.

That's not even remotely close to being pink. Guess you've never seen one of the pink-purple crystals. Now THAT is pink......hideous looking pink, lol.

Technically speaking, the database sites show purple crystals for lower levels in the database. It could be that they are in the database but not in the game. They can't be crafted. It's possible that there might be a few weapons on planet vendors that have purple crystals in them that you could strip out. I've received a few orange crystals at lower levels as random drops and those can't be crafted either. So perhaps there are some random drop/item roll purple crystals floating around out there. But, even if so, they'd be hard to come across. I agree though with your overall point that purple should be craftable or accessible at lower levels. Same goes for orange as far as I'm concerned.

I imagine they probably are still in the game, just you cant access them. In the beta they had low level purple crystals but were taken away at launch (on top of the fact that only the empire could even get the color at launch so who know what BW was thinking.)

The way they've treated colour crystals in this game has been largely ridiculous from the start.

*sigh*... well, I guess its not a new thing that the whole crystal system does not make sense.

I've always thought that the color crystal rarity for players was a bit odd in this game, what with orange and some black-core colors being more available than the more well known purple. :confused: Thankfully, the CM color crystals have helped with this quite a bit when it comes to purple. The derelict purple is sadly not as dark and rich of a color as the regular purple -- the derelict looks a bit pinkish in comparison -- but it is a pretty color, and is a heck of a lot better than no purple at all. Still, I use the cyan-blue (which looks more like "blue with blueish purple edges" to me) instead of derelict-purple on my lower level character. I love purple, but the derelict version is too warm and light for my character.

I'm just hoping that more nice color crystals will be added to the CM, maybe a darker purple and a more emerald toned green. Would be nice to be able to craft lower level purple crystals though, and since they recently made the level 50 ones craftable, maybe they'll add some lower level ones too. :)

I've always thought that the color crystal rarity for players was a bit odd in this game, what with orange and some black-core colors being more available than the more well known purple. :confused:

There's nothing odd about it. Purple is a more popular colour than orange so you have to put in more effort to get it. This way, you don't see half of the new characters on Dromund Kaas and Corusant with purple lightsabres making the colour less special.

Edited by HaoZhao

There's nothing odd about it. Purple is a more popular colour than orange so you have to put in more effort to get it. This way, you don't see half of the new characters on Dromund Kaas and Corusant with purple lightsabres making the colour less special.

Why does purple need to be more special that a colored core saber?

• 6 months later...
I was not saying that Derelict purple had a black core, I was mentioning how I was able to buy black-purple crystals on the GTN at level 30-something, or derelict purple (which has too much red IMO) and yet the lowest level standard purple crystal is many times more rare, and does not come as low a level as either of the more exotic-colors.

Man, I guess on forums if I don't put the 0 before the .1 people are going to shout at me "1 is not a decimal point, noob. For all your ranting and raving you don't know what you're talking about, do some research."

As for it being rare lore-wise, I would accept that if they were rare among NPC's (For instance, foundry boss, Zash), but not if its pretty well standard-issue among the Sith on Taris, where there seem to be more Sith NPC's wielding purple than red.

And rarity in the movies does not account for what happens here, seeing how lore is madly inconsistent depending on what you look at (Most star wars material says that the Sith were completely wiped out during the Great Hyperspace war, the book series centering around Jacen Solo's turn to the dark side describes the Sith as non-humanoid, etc.) I do not see how that is relevant. Also, going by that logic most of the lightsaber colors in this game should not exist at all. But we all know that George Lucas can be surprisingly narrow about such details.

My point remains that black-purple and pink-purple should be more rare than standard purple. The way I see it, any non-white-core crystal should be more rare than any white-core crystal(that would sorta up the novelty factor). I can see derelict purple and purple being of same rarity. Making one more difficult than the other makes about as much sense as making either yellow or orange many times more rare than the other

The way I can see crystal rarity making sense is in a tier fashion such as this

1. Blue, Green, and Red

2. Orange, Yellow, and Purple

3. Cyan and Magenta

4. Black Cores

5. Yellow-Orange, Cyan-Blue, Pink-Purple.

That way it will also fit into some thing of alien technology making funky-looking cores instead of the entire system being arbitrary (certainly seems arbitrary to me), upping the novelty factor of the more exotic colors. It makes more sense that the lower levels are running around with white cores while the higher-ups get to show off their fancy and exotic blades, instead of the whole system looking rather random

The Sith were a barely humanoid race. The Sith in SWTOR are the product of Sith mixed with the dark Jedi exiled to their planet who then interbred. That's how the concept of Sith started. A primitive species with dark side inclinations being mixed with humans using alchemy.

The great hyperspace wars may have wiped out most. It also happened 2000 years prior to the game.

In case that isn't in perspective for you, our population has probably expanded 100,000x what it was 2000 years ago. From primitive cultures that were wiped out and recreated a hundred times.

The Sith in lore were an existing culture who would have taken infinitely less effort to rebuild.

On the topic of black core crystals, I don't get where you get the idea of them being available much sooner than derelict purple. Derelict purple is lv10. Black cores (except for the yellow-black collector's edition one, or the green-black from buying a SWTOR Razer product, neither of which is free except for the lv1 version with lv1 stats) are all 50+.

And finally derelict purple is quite purple. Your monitor is most likely poorly calibrated.

To more directly answer your question, there ARE purple crystals available to lower level characters starting at level 30 or so. They're only available from artificers and only if they've acquired the patterns by defeating the various world bosses. I don't believe they're available from lock boxes or random mobs.

In addition, they're only going to have stats correlating to their respective level. I can remember finding and winning a couple of these patterns, but they're bind on pickup and the character that had it wasn't an artificer (there were none in the party when it dropped either). If memory serves, there are level 30 and 40 versions of power, crit and endurance varieties. Or at least there were. They could have conceivably been removed by now.

In any event, they're vastly inferior to the level 10 cartel crystals by way of stats and derelict purple suits most people just fine should color be that big a deal.

I was not saying that Derelict purple had a black core, I was mentioning how I was able to buy black-purple crystals on the GTN at level 30-something,

Except you can't use the Black-Purple until you hit 50. Sure you can buy it, but you won't be able to use it on a toon that's <50.