ETA on Advanced Class change?

ahh but one must prove it breaks balance.... You still only have so many skill points to use... and you would still only be able to unlock 1 top skill with this option just like you do know.... It would be interesting to see what could be done....

You have limited skill points= Yes

You have unlimited Trees= No

Breaks balance because some hybrids would be useless in PVE and PVE= Not intended by devs

By Swaping AC, you have trees that are proved to be consistent with the skillpoints you spend on them, so its balanced still, Unlocking all tress at once is NOT BALANCED.

Edited by ZahirS

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am against it. If they allow this I will never spend another penny on EA products. I will work to get others to follow suit.

Wow. I can certainly understand why you would choose to walk away, but why campaign to try and hurt the product? Isn't that taking things a bit too personal?

Wow. I can certainly understand why you would choose to walk away, but why campaign to try and hurt the product? Isn't that taking things a bit too personal?

It is personal, but he atleast has a posture in this not like you.

It is personal, but he atleast has a posture in this not like you.

Zahir, be careful. You do not determine my motives or "posture" in this discussion. I am more than capable of doing that myself.

Edited by LordArtemis

Zahir, be careful. You do not determine my motives or "posture" in this discussion.

Im posting my opinion, you clearly have posted yours and Im been civil, you arent either supporting or against this change and saying your "view" is the one that matters.

Im posting my opinion, you clearly have posted yours and Im been civil, you arent either supporting or against this change and saying your "view" is the one that matters.

I made it pretty clear I was against AC change, and I posted the reason I was against it. I'm not sure why you would be confused about that.

Civil is not something you and I have seemed to share in our exchanges. It would be a good idea if that changes IMO.

I have made 513 posts in this thread since it's inception last year on this date...I'd say that's more than enough information to indicate my feelings toward the matter.

Edited by LordArtemis

I made it pretty clear I was against AC change, and I posted the reason I was against it. I'm not sure why you would be confused about that.

Civil is not something you and I have seemed to share in our exchanges. It would be a good idea if that changes IMO.

I have made 513 posts in this thread since it's inception last year on this date...I'd say that's more than enough information to indicate my feelings toward the matter.

Did I mentions you called me and everyone against your view as dishonest?

That should be enough, I only answer on topic most of the time, mind sharing why you are against AC change?

Did I mentions you called me and everyone against your view as dishonest?

That should be enough, I only answer on topic most of the time, mind sharing why you are against AC change?

I did no such thing. Again, it might be best to actually READ posts instead of simply interpreting them as you see fit. The problem with you making silly accusations such as this is that it is QUITE EASY for folks to do a post search to confirm or reject your contentions. As such, you only hurt your own legitimacy on the board.

As to why I am against it? For you? You can do a search. I don't think you and I are going to be having a discussion with respect to this topic until such time as you decide to demonstrate a bit more self respect. Until that time I expect, based on your post history, such a discussion would not be productive, not to mention difficult to understand.

Edited by LordArtemis

I did no such thing. Again, it might be best to actually READ posts instead of simply interpreting them as you see fit. The problem with you making silly accusations such as this is that it is QUITE EASY for folks to do a post search to confirm or reject your contentions. As such, you only hurt your own legitimacy on the board.

As to why I am against it? For you? You can do a search. I don't think you and I are going to be having a discussion with respect to this topic until such time as you decide to demonstrate a bit more self respect. Until that time I expect, based on your post history, such a discussion would not be productive, not to mention difficult to understand.

So smart your post is no longer there...

Anyway I responded to it, dont know if you if you erased it or Mods erased it either way, I wont respond to your comments as I value what I write and I sustain my ideas.

Edited by ZahirS

Well then....let me remind you.

....some folks are just being downright dishonest about the REAL reasons they are against AC change

.....some folks are trying to argue to change minds

The operative word is SOME, and those folks know who they are.

There you go. As you can clearly see, it does not indicate that "you called me and everyone against your view as dishonest", that is your twist to try and inflame my innocuous comment.

I think the it is pretty obvious that some folks are being dishonest about the real reasons whey want the change. Same with some of the folks that are against AC change. They post false information to support their views, information they obviously know is false, and make the same fallacious comments over and over again though those contentions have been proven false.

So, I am inviting folks to be honest about how the idea of AC change makes them feel.....I have been pretty clear about this in the past. I appreciate those that have chosen to do so.

I think that is the best way to move the discussion forward.

I noticed that I forgot to offer you an apology Zahir, so I will offer it now.

If you were offended by my post, or any posts I have made in this thread, I offer my apologies.

I am also sorry I forgot to offer it earlier.

Edited by LordArtemis

• 4 weeks later...
I love how the devs pop in to talk about lore and the gambling packs and cartel market prices every single day but this thread has over 5100 replies and still nothing. Way to pay attention to your paying customers...

I love how the devs pop in to talk about lore and the gambling packs and cartel market prices every single day but this thread has over 5100 replies and still nothing. Way to pay attention to your paying customers...

Weird how that works. I don't think my thread had 7 pages before it got a response. :rolleyes: At least they were nice enough to give me a "very, very unlikely".

for most, their non-response is response enough. :rolleyes:

For what it's worth, I am a huge fan of being able to change AC's. I would LOVE to play my Consular as a healer in PvP and as a Tank (current spec) in PvE. I would be willing to pay "real cash money" for it as well. :D Do you see that Bioware (or Hillary if you see this)??? I will gladly PAY money for this option. I doubt I am the only one who would like to see the ability for AC changes.

• 2 weeks later...
What do you mean by Advanced class change, like for example I am a Jedi Consular and want to change to Sith warrior, or for example I am a scoundrel and would like to change to gunslinger?

JC>SW is class change not advance class change.

Advance class change is, Sage->Shadow ; Jugg->Mara ; Operative->Sniper etc etc

But because of game balance it definitely need to be on cooldown, like six months CD or something.

Edited by Halabit

I agree... I would love to be able to swap between gunslinger or sab.. etc.... However I think it would be just as cool if they opened up all 5 of a classes skill trees so that player can create completly new hybrid builds... Imagine the combinations that might occur if players had access to all 5 different trees and could pick from them. Maybe redo them so that each level unlock can allow you to access all other levels.. For instance..

you are a gunslinger... you choose to put your first 3 points into Saboteur tree to get Cunning.. then 2 more points into Sharpshooter for Sharpshooter... Typically if you do 5 points into 1 tree you unlock the next rung of skills... but with the new system it doesnt have to be spent in the same tree anymore. Now that you have 5 spent .. you unlock all the second rungs of all the skill trees. The only time a person would have to stick with a skill tree to get the unlock would be for skills that specifically unlock the next tier like Sharp aim unlocks Charged Aim.... but the same concept.. each time you spend so many skill points you unlock the next tier regardless if you spent all those skills in the same tree or not. This would completely redesign the skill trees in a way that might see some pretty amazing hybrids.. or create unique playstyles for each person. No more deciding which tree to max out or wishing you didnt have to take crap skill so and so because it was the only way to unlock the next tier.... This could work better than just unlocking changing AC

lol this one REALLY reminds me Champions Online:D

Players are able to play as Archtypes (like Ice, Fire, Electricity, Ninjas, Inventors etc. But only one tree) or Freeform (able to choose ANY skill they want. Seriously. ANY skill. From ANY tree)).

This is a bad idea. Roll a new alt and learn how to play it. I created 2 of every class, 1 of each advanced class. That's 16 alts. I did this so I could have all the advanced classes and not have to worry about which was better or which one I wanted more. Stop trying to wreck my game!

This is a bad idea. Roll a new alt and learn how to play it. I created 2 of every class, 1 of each advanced class. That's 16 alts. I did this so I could have all the advanced classes and not have to worry about which was better or which one I wanted more. Stop trying to wreck my game!

the OP was on the 5th month of 2013. why did you have to bump this thread?! :sul_frown:

now we'll see a ton of messages flooding in. the OP might not even be here anymore

Edited by CyberneticDucks

It's just an idea, it's not inherently good or bad. It is a change from how it currently works, although it was considered pre-launch and has been considered since.

I too have one character of each Advanced Class and know that allowing other players to switch the ACs of their characters would have zero impact on my enjoyment of the game or how I play my characters.

Oh, and btw it's not 'your game' it's our game :p