ETA on Advanced Class change?

Like avoiding leveling that new class (AC) you want to play?

Leveling an alt is because you want to lvl an alt, not because gameplay restricts you in order to lvl up another alt.

SIMPLE LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE

Edited by ZahirS

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leveling an alt is because you want to lvl an alt, not because gameplay restricts you in order to lvl up another alt.

SIMPLE LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE

Leveling an alt is often done because a player wants to play a different class, such as powertech if they leveled a mercenary. Those are the game mechanics as designed and intended.

Leveling an alt is often done because a player wants to play a different class, such as powertech if they leveled a mercenary. Those are the game mechanics as designed and intended.

Playing a Class for lvling an alt, is INTENDED

Playing a Class because the game fixed the advanced class NOT INTENDED.

Playing a Class for lvling an alt, is INTENDED

Playing a Class because the game fixed the advanced class NOT INTENDED.

Actually, it was and still is INTENDED that you level that new class (AC), as it has been that way since release and before.

While they may have talked about possibly allowing class (AC) changing during beta, the decision was made long before release that there would be no class (AC) changing. That makes it INTENDED that you must level that new class (AC).

Whether you choose to play a new story or a new class (AC), either one must be leveled. This is they way it was intended and the way it has been since launch and before.

Actually, it was and still is INTENDED that you level that new class (AC), as it has been that way since release and before.

While they may have talked about possibly allowing class (AC) changing during beta, the decision was made long before release that there would be no class (AC) changing. That makes it INTENDED that you must level that new class (AC).

Whether you choose to play a new story or a new class (AC), either one must be leveled. This is they way it was intended and the way it has been since launch and before.

Yep but thank god, gameplay changes during the life of the game.

So dev could come up and say Rata your wrong, Advanced class is coming and it also gives liberty to players to futher try DIFFERENT CLASSES and not make alts just for game mechanics and more importantly HAVING FUN PLAYING A DIFFERENT CLASS WITH ALL TREES AVAILABLE.

Edited by ZahirS

Yep but thank god, gameplay changes during the life of the game.

So dev could come up and say Rata your wrong, Advanced class is coming and it also gives liberty to players to futher try DIFFERENT CLASSES and not make alts just for game mechanics and more importantly HAVING FUN PLAYING A DIFFERENT CLASS WITH ALL TREES AVAILABLE.

You are correct when you say a dev COULD say that class (AC) changes are coming.

So far, NO ONE associated with BW has done so. Thankfully, BW has so far chosen not to allow class (AC) changes.

You are correct when you say a dev COULD say that class (AC) changes are coming.

So far, NO ONE associated with BW has done so. Thankfully, BW has so far chosen not to allow class (AC) changes.

I believe Devs mentality conserning AC swap is not "FIXED IN STONE" like the advanced class is currently in-game.

I believe Devs mentality conserning AC swap is not "FIXED IN STONE" like the advanced class is currently in-game.

I seem to recall saying many times that I think that we may very well see class (AC) changes implemented, but I do not think we will see them in the foreseeable future.

I do not think that class (AC) changes are even on the wall of crazy any longer, given the total and absolute silence on this topic since that last ambiguous statement from over a year and a half ago, even in the face of multiple threads, including this 500+ page thread. That said, I have also said that I recognize that anything in the game is subject to change, and therefore not "fixed in stone".

As it stands now, though, a player wishing to play a different class (AC) can either level a new character of the class (AC) they wish to play or continue waiting for BW to allow them to change class (AC). I think the former will be the much quicker route to that new class (AC).

I seem to recall saying many times that I think that we may very well see class (AC) changes implemented, but I do not think we will see them in the foreseeable future.

I do not think that class (AC) changes are even on the wall of crazy any longer, given the total and absolute silence on this topic since that last ambiguous statement from over a year and a half ago, even in the face of multiple threads, including this 500+ page thread. That said, I have also said that I recognize that anything in the game is subject to change, and therefore not "fixed in stone".

As it stands now, though, a player wishing to play a different class (AC) can either level a new character of the class (AC) they wish to play or continue waiting for BW to allow them to change class (AC). I think the former will be the much quicker route to that new class (AC).

Don't think they even have a wall of crazy anymore.

Looks more like a Pandora's box full of needed fixes.

Then there's a third option: leave the game.

A friend o mine did that like 1 month ago mostly because of the lack of AC changes.

Don't think they even have a wall of crazy anymore.

Looks more like a Pandora's box full of needed fixes.

Then there's a third option: leave the game.

A friend o mine did that like 1 month ago mostly because of the lack of AC changes.

Your friend quit rather than put forth the minimal effort required to obtain what he wanted? He quit because he couldn't have what he wanted just handed to him?

A friend o mine [quit SWTOR] like 1 month ago mostly because of the lack of AC changes.

That explains the great disturbance in the Force I felt around that time, and the catastrophic decline in EA's stock price that occurred shortly thereafter.

Edited by BuriDogshin

Your friend quit rather than put forth the minimal effort required to obtain what he wanted? He quit because he couldn't have what he wanted just handed to him?

I've got lots of knights and warriors - both ACs on them - still want AC swapping. But 50+ hours is not "minimal" effort for most.

Edited by Savej

Your fingers are writing down handed there meaning your brain built a schema around classes in which it's satisfied with the idea one has to earn advanced class changes.

I won't ask you to change your mind because it's a well known fact human brain doesn't like changes.

However it's your vision not everybody's one

Also what is minimal for you could be major for someone else.

Add to that, that what is fun for you might certainly not be for other.

I wish such thread would come back to the roots:

• It is fun for the majority of players?
  • Does it fits a SW setting?
  • Will the formula (new players - leaving players) > 0
  • Is the cost =< others features that would have the same effect as other possibles changes on the above formula
  • Does it makes the game more viable in the long term.

So far since been following such threads, as away as before the beta, very few people answered with facts.

Edited by Deewe

Your fingers are writing down handed there meaning your brain built a schema around classes in which he's satisfied with the idea one has to earn advanced class changes.

I won't ask you to change your mind. because it's a well known fact human brain doesn't like changes.

However it's your vision not everybody's one

Also what is minimal for you could be major for someone else.

Add to that, that what is fun for you might certainly not be for other.

I wish such thread would come back to the roots:

• It is fun for the majority of players?
  • Does it fits a SW setting?
  • Will the formula (new players - leaving players) > 0
  • Is the cost =< others features that would have the same effect as other possibles changes on the above formula
  • Does it makes the game more viable in the long term.

So far I've since been following such threads as away as before the beta, very few people answered with facts.

Since we cannot change our class (AC), there is no way to EARN a class (AC) change, is there?

If you have a level 45 assassin, there is a way to EARN a level 45 sorcerer, though. That mechanic has been ion the game since release.

As to your list, I doubt that anyone has FACTUAL answers for those questions.

But I'll give you my opinions:

• It is fun for the majority of players?I don't know whether it would be or not

• Does it fits a SW setting?There could be arguments made for either a yes or no for this question

• Will the formula (new players - leaving players) > 0 I don't know, and I suspect that only BW could make even an educated guess

• Is the cost =< others features that would have the same effect as other possibles changes on the above formulaSince there are no other features that would have the same effect as allowing class © change ( a change in fundamental game play mechanics for a given character), there is nothing against which to compare the cost

• Does it makes the game more viable in the long term.I guess that would depend on the loss of revenue due to loss of subs (a recurring revenue source) vs the revenue generated by the users of the class (AC) change (a one time influx of revenue).

Let's look at that last one a little closer.

There's a poster in this thread that made the claim that it takes him 3 months to reach max level, so allowing class changes would save him three months of leveling time.

Hypothetically:

BW implements class changes for $45 (the cost of the three months subscription).

That means that for every three subscribers BW loses due to the implementation of class (AC) changes, they would need one person to change class each month, JUST TO BREAK EVEN. More than one person in a month changing class (AC) for every three subs lost is a net gain, but less than one person in a month for every three subs lost is a net loss.

Any business needs to at least break even to even remain in business and needs to generate a fair profit in order to be viable.

Since we cannot change our class (AC), there is no way to EARN a class (AC) change, is there? ...

Your remaining argument boils down to "no, there shouldn't be an AC swapping feature added because it does not currently exist - go reroll." Got it :rolleyes:

Edited by Savej

Your remaining argument boils down to "no, there shouldn't be an AC swapping feature added because it does not currently exist - go reroll." Got it :rolleyes:

You kinda missed the posts clarifying its a mantal stability issue, Advanced class is not "fixed in stone" because a game mechanic issue.

Edited by ZahirS

You kinda missed the posts clarifying its a mantal stability issue, Advanced class is not "fixed in stone" because a game mechanic issue.

I see that you failed to read and/or comprehend many of my posts.

Allow me to quote myself, for the reading challenged:

Or do you just happen to think that anyone that does not agree with you has "mental stability" issues. I guess that means the devs must have those same "mental stability" issues since they have, so far, chosen not to implement class (AC) changes.

Edited by Ratajack

Dont change what I said, I was pretty clear devs are considering this hence why they know of this issue.

I said mental stability has to do with NOT ACCEPTING CHANGE, people with a sane mind do.

Edited by ZahirS

Dont change what I said, I was pretty clear devs are considering this hence why they know of this issue.

I've acknowledged that ambiguous quote from OVER 18 MONTHS AGO.

Have you acknowledged that they have said NOTHING since then, despite numerous threads, including this 500+ page thread. Have you acknowledged that there has been NOT ONE PEEP, not even HINT OF A WHISPER about class changes in OVER 18 MONTHS?

Have you acknowledged that the devs have been MUCH more forthcoming with information on many topics and items/features in development in the past 18 months, but have remained steadfastly silent on class changes?

I said mental stability has to do with NOT ACCEPTING CHANGE, people with a sane mind do.

Once again for the reading challenged, and may I suggest that you find someone to explain it to you:

If the devs decide to change the rules they set for the game, then that is their choice. So far, they have chosen NOT to change the rule they set regarding choice of class (AC) being PERMANENT.

I wonder. Is not being able to accept the status quo a sign of mental instability?

Hmm. Seems you chose the whats behind curtain number "selective reading"........

I feel to answer because this is: DOWN RIGHT EVIL.

You tell that people supporting AC Respec are dishonest,

No, I pretty much said most of the folks on BOTH sides are full of it. That means pro AC change and anti AC change alike. What is see is lots of arguing over semantics, and little truth.

how did you get into this conclusion,

I participated in this thread from very early on...that is how. I am a LONG TIME veteran of this discussion. Ask around.

second and most importantly you displayed your opinion by saying you "Like to make AC be...your class" as if that would be the only real feeling towards the idea on this thread.

No, I believe I indicated that is how I feel....and made that crystal clear. Last time I checked, "I" does not translate into every person in this thread....it represents little old me. Again, the post was CLEAR about this. Nor does it in any way indicate that that is how others should feel...just how I feel. The point is I want to know what others feel. I think that that kind of truth has been lacking here.

Third, AC Respec is in the works and Im sure developers will do it right when they do, maybe years from now maybe in few days who knows, BECAUSE WE NEED IT that is why it will be reality.

....Ok.

Not sure why you would throw this in there. First, you don't know that for sure, so your guessing. Second, you can be sure of that and others may not be, and third I am pretty sure you do not speak for the gaming community at large, so using words like "WE" is probably not wise if you want folks to take you seriously.

You want AC change I assume. How about you can the hyperbole and tell me why....why YOU want it. That is what I would like to hear.

Edited by LordArtemis

Hmm. Seems you chose the whats behind curtain number "selective reading"........

Really, I just tend to read quick....

No, I pretty much said most of the folks on BOTH sides are full of it. That means pro AC change and anti AC change alike. What is see is lots of arguing over semantics, and little truth.

truth is you are backing up : NO ADVANCED CLASS RESPEC

I participated in this thread from very early on...that is how. I am a LONG TIME veteran of this discussion. Ask around.

Even if you did, THERE IS NO TRUTH IN EACH WORD YOU TYPE.

No, I believe I indicated that is how I feel....and made that crystal clear. Last time I checked, "I" does not translate into every person in this thread....it represents little old me. Again, the post was CLEAR about this.

Thanks for reclarifying your evil status.

....Ok.

Not sure why you would throw this in there. First, you don't know that for sure, so your guessing. Second, you can be sure of that and others may not be, and third I am pretty sure you do not speak for the gaming community at large, so using words like "WE" is probably not wise if you want folks to take you seriously.

You want AC change I assume. How about you can the hyperbole and tell me why....why YOU want it. That is what I would like to hear.

I already participated in this thread on multiple times, and seems some people just "Reject" for the sake of "Rejecting"

Edited by ZahirS

Really, I just tend to read quick....

truth is you are backing up : NO ADVANCED CLASS RESPEC

Even if you did, THERE IS NO TRUTH IN EACH WORD YOU TYPE.

Thanks for reclarifying your evil status.

I already participated in this thread on multiple times, and seems some people just "Reject" for the sake of "Rejecting"

...what?

I'm afraid I just don't understand what your getting at here. Are you trying to pose that my posts are dishonest? Are you saying I am evil?

I just don't understand the point your trying to make.

Are you incapable of telling folks why you want AC change? Or did you take offense to my post and decided you would play around a bit?

I'm confused.

Edited by LordArtemis

...what?

I'm afraid I just don't understand what your getting at here. Are you trying to pose that my posts are dishonest? Are you saying I am evil?

I just don't understand the point your trying to make.

Are you incapable of telling folks why you want AC change? Or did you take offense to my post and decided you would play around a bit?

I'm confused.

My point is, you are been dishonest with the people either supporting or against this change.