What is the best and worst parts of SWTOR?

WildbloodX

I have noticed there are a lot of people talking about what is great and horrible in this title, so I was curious:

What is the single thing you like most and hate about TOR?

1. The story chapters are by far the best I have seen in any MMO and many solo titles. Very fun to play

2. The armor designs – Most are horrid and hope they do some improvements to the future gear that can be obtained outside the CM.

Like the most:

Class stories, obviously.

Hate most?

I wouldn't say I really out-right anything in the game, just find parts of it to be lacking or not as good as it could be (Dye system, armour designs (Vendetta <3) etc.).

Oh, no, wait.

Helmets that deform and cripple my Twi'lek characters by removing their lekku. The person who thought that was a good idea needs... a stern talking to and a cup of tea spiked with soy sauce. I mean, honestly.

Best: The stories and questing format along with the initial potential this game had at launch.

Worst: The absolutely brutal leadership this game has combined with the complete lack of regard the makers of this game have for the TOR player community.

Like:

The class stories.

Hate:

1.) the group finder system: needs every type of flashpoint and it's difficult types

2.) the vote kick system : easy to exploit

3.) lack of variety for PVP

4.) crafting is pretty much useless if you're at the level cap

5.) cartel market gets the only attractive looking armour sets since it was launched

6.) the loot roll system: supports loot ninjas, unless you run around with master looter on 24/7

7.) unable to control in game music: Such as have a music player to allow you to play any song you've heard play in game prior

8.) lack of updates in the progress of content updates: let the community comment on updates so we can tell you when something is horrible. Which it likely will be.

Like: not overwhelming for new players like a lot of other mmos right off the bat. Much more... clear than other mmos if you know what I mean. (Mini map is not clustered with garbage, there's no menus galore being thrown in your face, etc.)

Easier to navigate?

Hate: recolored armor sold for 15 bucks being called "new", bad armor looks, cartel market, penny pinching, extremely low output of new content, and last but def not least, dailies in general. When did doing the same quests over and over every day become a good thing!?

Best: The stories

Worst: Toss up on the devs seeming to be stuck in 2003 so a lot of nice functionality you find in newer mmos have yet to make it here, or the fact they seem to be doing everything possible to force you to out level the story lines.

Best: Class stories, class design, PvP

Worst: Daily quests, multiple difficulties of the same Flashpoints and Operations and calling it "content"

Coincidentally the best are all the things that were either innovated or taken from WoW and improved greatly. The worst are the things that were taken from WoW and done more poorly.

Edited by Jenzali

Best:

- stories

- voice acting

- graphics

- stability

- moddable armors (the concept, not the look)

- sound effects

Worst:

- Cartel Market

- linear gameplay does not belong in an MMO and it severely limits TOR's ability to ever salvage its situation without a massive overhaul (which will never happen)

- highly repetitive, overly simple levelling game

- it's a solo game masquerading as an MMO

- space missions would have been dated on a C64

- lifeless, sterile, dead worlds (though they look great)

- worst mob AI of all time

- bland, generic, vanilla character classes

- terrible customer relations

Edited by CosmicKat

Like: stories, voice acting, Companions. The leveling experience in general is wonderful. ^^

Dislike: aesthetic bugs/issues and general armor appearance

In regards to the former, it seems there is always something on any given character of mine, either old or new. Primary/secondary only dyes breaking unify colors, heads clipping through hoods, rears clipping through robes, lekku disappearing with helmets, capes getting all weird and crumpled on speeders, chest pieces having parts not anchored properly, etc, etc. As for the latter, it has improved greatly with the addition of the Cartel Market, but I still often wonder if they have some 12 year old boys in their art department thinking up armor designs and choosing color schemes. :p

Edited by Gwena

Love-

1. Operations (Scum & Villainy, Terror From Beyond, Denova)

2. Galaxy Spanning Puzzle Driven Story Arcs (HK-51 Activated, The Shroud, The Seeds Of Rage)

3. Story (Class Story, Makeb Story, World Arcs)

4. Class Design (Each Class Being Distinct In Gameplay, Story, Companions, Starship. Each Representing A Role In The Star Wars Film)

5. Legacy Progression

Hate-

1. Cartel Market-Revovled Development.

2. Recycling Old Content And Calling It New (2.2, I am looking at you!)

3. Hoth.

4. Lacking Player VS. Player Content

5. Developers Often Feel 'Out Of Touch'

as far as i can tell...

what i love: the quests are simply awesome, damn brilliant.

what i hate: limited interaction with companions and companion quest only for your first companion. it's still awesome, but if they improved, the game would be perfect for me.

Voice over

Star Wars theme well done

Companions

Various MMO features such as area-loot

Needs improvement

Static worlds

WZ's need a makeover

Game needs to take more risks with quest design. Makeb they are making progress which gives me hope.

Best part. Operations and Flashpoints(not stories in them they suck)

Worst part. PvP have no support and most of the gear look like garbage, and there is no minigames other

then gambling packs in cartel shop.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

best: graphics,armor design (not the tron ones) ,story telling, voice overs and the star wars era.

worst: long loading times. not gonna buy a ssd disk just to play this game. tweak the engine damnit.

and the forums.

Best Parts:

- The story. Or, rather, the stories.

- Companions.

- Full voicing for everyone, including the PC.

Worst Parts:

- A lot of the combat is grindy and boring.

- The game suffers from serious ability bloat. Too many buttons!

- The lack of female characters. Just for starters, only eleven out of forty-three currently available companions are female. (Counting Scorpio.) BioWare's other CRPGs average about a third female companions, so it's disappointing not to see more women in this game.

Edited by Andrastee

I have noticed there are a lot of people talking about what is great and horrible in this title, so I was curious:

What is the single thing you like most and hate about TOR?

1. The story chapters are by far the best I have seen in any MMO and many solo titles. Very fun to play

2. The armor designs – Most are horrid and hope they do some improvements to the future gear that can be obtained outside the CM.

My favourite thing about SWTOR is the class story missions. I think these are easily the strongest point of the game, I really enjoyed the focus on story telling over generically reading lines of quest text. It thrust me into this whole new world set thousands of years before the STAR WARS Trilogy, and I loved it. However my enthusiasm for the class story missions didn't extend to the planet missions. Most of the planet story lines were dull and boring.

The thing I dislike the most is that class story content is discontinued. (For now at least.) Makeb wasn't very interesting for me, I was really wanting to delve deeper into my character's story, but this new hyped up story content on Makeb was very generic and boring in my opinion, weaker than the other planet story lines imo.

I'd agree with the OP.

The story is great and it's like being in a really really good Star Wars novel/comic book.

However the armour is really disappointing. It's starting to get much better, though.

Ps and lack of a proper dual spec system (or something like that)

Edited by FeelFlow

Best:

- stories / voice acting

- moddable armors/customization (the concept)

- sound effects

- PvP fights/combat itself (seriously, never had better fights and I've played many MMOs)

- PvP warzones

- class skills

- class balance

- some boss events

Worst:

- linear gameplay, no dynamic events/invasion and such

- highly repetitive endgame

- space missions

- lifeless, sterile, dead worlds (though they look great)

- no user generated content (e.g. housing, politics system)

- nothing innovative, only classic stuff except for story telling (e.g. Teras combat would have been great for this game)

- PvP still pre-season and no long term content

Edited by Arturioss

Best Parts

All story content! Class stories, World Arcs, Ilum, Makeb, seeker droid and macrobinoculars, gree and rackghoul events, and major flashpoint storylines like the Boarding Party->Foundry. Battle for Ilum->False Emperor, Rackghoul flashpoints (with conversations people, not just the group finder queues! Go to the fleet and pick them up, or Ilum arc for Malgus.)

Combat and PVP are well done. Classes are very unique.

Customization. Moddable armors. All that jazz.

Sound (especially with ambient sound fix, what a difference. Also musical queues work much better now since 2.0), Graphics, cutscenes, etc..

Worst Parts

Performance with lots of players around like in Warzones or on the fleet. Also, ability delay and failure to fire.

Lack of SSSP :p

Edited by Jemfisto