The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Summer of SWTOR

BruceMaclean

Guys, SWTOR isn't a PvP game. How you haven't realized this yet is beyond me. SWTOR is about story and PvE. If you want PvP, go play another game. Or if you actually enjoy this game and don't want to hate all day, then be patient, enjoy what you have and wait till August. I for one, am happy taht we are going to be getting more content on a regular basis.

PvP is certainly a big part of this game. As is story...I don't see any story updates here either. Telling people to unsub when they're unhappy with something is not helpful. Those who are unhappy with this plan have the right to make their views known to the developers. It is to be hoped that the developers will see that the lack of pvp content is an issue and will address this in a real way. Here's the good thing about giving us this information and getting feedback now - they actually have an opportunity to adjust their plans to address this issue within a decent timeframe, provided they're willing to do that.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the midst of all the flak you're getting, I'm just like to point out how much I appreciate these types of "road maps" when provided by developers. It's very brave, it's very transparent, and it's very encouraging. Yes, you're going to get a little flamed on the forums if the content isn't exactly when a particular player wants, and yes, you're going to get even more if you miss those tentative dates, but just know that there is at least one player out there that absolutely loves the effort being shown and the forthrightness with your future plans.

Thank you.

Edited by CelCawdro

Why should I look forward to game update 2.4? You listed new flashpoints, new events, new daily hubs, new NiM for a raid, and all you can list for pvp is I should look forward to it? Yep very cute you rub your hands together, what does that mean? Put on your big boy pants and give a legit answer because my sub, and likely many more so far dedicated.. but growing increasingly impatient customers are a hairs width from leaving.

Should I cancel my sub and wait for more details on 2.4?

Thats what I just did. Time to find a new sub based MMO for the summer. I bought a bunch of warzone passes so I can still do those as I desire. The rest of the game is pointless to me, and no longer worth subbing for without any real reason to stay paying. Next week, I see what preferred access is like :mad:

Also, anger aside, I agree with the poster above me. I DO appreciate the fact that this post was given. It's REALLY nice to see. I don't like the content in it...but I can separate that from the appreciation it was given/told to us to begin with.

Edited by islander

I’m very excited for you to see the new gear that comes with this, which uses a new appearance system we’ve developed for armor and weapons called ‘Scrolling UVs’.

Hmmm... is this like... modifiable patterns on gear or something? Or dos it mean animated textures? But it definitely has something to do with textures from the sound of it.

Edited by Aelther

In the midst of all the flak you're getting, I'm just like to point out how much I appreciate these types of "road maps" when provided by developers. It's very brave, it's very transparent, and it's very encouraging. Yes, you're going to get a little flamed on the forums if the content isn't exactly when a particular player wants, and yes, you're going to get even more if you miss those tentative dates, but just know that there is at least one player out there that absolutely loves the effort being shown and the forthrightness with your future plans

Thank you.

Make that at least two...very excited by the news and looking forward to see it all as it comes out. Will this content be showing up on the PTS any time soon?

Any idea what Scrolling UVs could be?!

Now that you mention it, need a developer give more detail about this 'Scrolling UVs' .

Well am obviously not a develloper but I can give you some insights on UVs.

UV is the XY of texturing, so to speak. They are a topographical/topology way of representing the coordinates of vertices and the polygons and thus where the texture applies/is projected on.

Scrolling UVs most probably means all or some parts of the texture will "shift" around the mesh/model.

Here's a

for example.

So it's mostly used on water, lava, things that flow... They're already using it on some parts of the terrain.

SWTOR I find your lack of content disturbing.......

Why does "scrolling UV" sound like a feature that's going to be available on like 5 pieces of PvE gear & on 50 in the CM?

Everyond needs to remember that their will be a new round of CM features & items between 2.2/2.3/2.4 ~ that those things will be completely awesome ~ and that you'll get up to 700 CC free with your subscription.

Once my sub runs out early next month, I think I'm done till August.

It's not really stun wars unless you're really bad and don't know when to use your cc breaker correctly.

Moreover, if you're dying so much this change really helps, then you're probably terrible anyway, and you're still going to lose warzones.

Lol. So says the Sniper. :rolleyes: And yes. I main one.

UV is the XY of texturing, so to speak. They are a topographical/topology way of representing the coordinates of vertices and the polygons and thus where the texture applies/is projected on.

Scrolling UVs most probably means all or some parts of the texture will "shift" around the mesh/model.

Here's a

for example.

So it's mostly used on water, lava, things that flow... They're already using it on some parts of the terrain.

Thanks for the insight. So possibly, we could see a type of moving design on the armor. Interesting.

Ok, first of all, thank you Bioware for this information. Secondly, Im rather disappointed by this. I work all year and get 4 or 5 weeks off during summer and basically all I get for my next summer vacation is just a new NM for old operation. Ok, cool but seriously, you can't be proud announcing this stuff, can you?

Luckily I have 3 Playstation games to play during my vacation since SWTOR really isn't adding anything new. Not giving up hope or anything, just rather disappointed is all.

I'm gonna wait, have things to occupy my time, but gods BW,if 2.4 turns out to be just another WZ for the list and another grueling gear grind then you can officially go space yourself. Edited by aeterno

Guys, SWTOR isn't a PvP game. How you haven't realized this yet is beyond me. SWTOR is about story and PvE. If you want PvP, go play another game. Or if you actually enjoy this game and don't want to hate all day, then be patient, enjoy what you have and wait till August. I for one, am happy taht we are going to be getting more content on a regular basis.

2.3 is slated for August. The PvP update (2.4) will be the beginning of October.

And maybe SWTOR is not a PvP game, but it's an element of the game. As such, PvP gamers should be annoyed with the lack of updates since FTP. As for people who mostly PvE like myself, the only real update we received cost us actual money as an "expansion". Other than that content, what have we seen new to the game other than increased difficulty to FP's and OP's, since FTP was launched?

Edited by Mjollnir

Here's a

for example.

I think this is spot on. I've worked with programs like Maya some, and this explanation/extrapolation is exactly what I was about to write myself.

In the midst of all the flak you're getting, I'm just like to point out how much I appreciate these types of "road maps" when provided by developers. It's very brave, it's very transparent, and it's very encouraging. Yes, you're going to get a little flamed on the forums if the content isn't exactly when a particular player wants, and yes, you're going to get even more if you miss those tentative dates, but just know that there is at least one player out there that absolutely loves the effort being shown and the forthrightness with your future plans

Thank you.

It's not a road map. Saying "No new content until August, enjoy some recycled OPs" is not a road map. Normally I would agree with you, and I think they did a good job with the video road map they released last year around this time. That's an actual roadmap worthy of praise.

I think this is all awesome personally and I'm not sure why some people are being ******s about it. These sound like some really great things incoming for SWTOR, thanks again guys.

If I was a PvEr in SWTOR, I would be thrilled with the roadmap. PVErs in this game have a lot to look forward to and it should be a fun summer for them.

No PvP updates is an erroneous mistake. How they could be this blind and think just saying after Aug will be a PvP update wouldn't cause huge backlash amongst PvPers is beyond me.

I will give BW this...they moved up their PvP content timeline. You may or may not remember earlier in the year that a BW lead (was it Jeff Hickman? maybe Dameon Schubert?) said there was no PvP content planned for 2013 after the release of the Gree Event. Sorry I don't have a specific link for that, but I'm too lazy to search for the info, and frankly, don't really care anymore.

So BW appears to have changed their attitude in that regard. However, it's just too little too late for some of us. Easier to just take a break for the summer and maybe come back in the fall if there actually is something to see.

Edit:

Next week, I see what preferred access is like

Let me know how that goes mang, cause I'm right behind you...

Edited by DarthOvertone

Fantastic, thanks guys and great job on improving the game all the time and keeping up up-to-date. Im certain there is a lot more to the announcements than you have said, many details as always, but we will see those closer to release. Keep up the good work.

Good PvP content takes time! They do listen but they cannot get to everything at once. As you may notice, the 2.2 just comes with additions to current Operations and a few new things. Be happy they are not requiring you to pay for another expac to get more new content. The lot of you are just spoiled and want things now now now.

Balancing PvP is not as easy as building operations and new PvE content because there is just so much that goes into it.

They are working on it and doing what they can.

It's not a road map. Saying "No new content until August, enjoy some recycled OPs" is not a road map. Normally I would agree with you, and I think they did a good job with the video road map they released last year around this time. That's an actual roadmap worthy of praise.

I did not comment on the content. Only its existence. :)

If I was a PvEr in SWTOR, I would be thrilled with the roadmap. PVErs in this game have a lot to look forward to and it should be a fun summer for them.

I will give BW this...they moved up their PvP content timeline. You may or may not remember earlier in the year that a BW lead (was it Jeff Hickman? maybe Dameon Schubert?) said there was no PvP content planned for 2013 after the release of the Gree Event. Sorry I don't have a specific link for that, but I'm too lazy to search for the info, and frankly, don't really care anymore.

So BW appears to have changed their attitude in that regard. However, it's just too little too late for some of us. Easier to just take a break for the summer and maybe come back in the fall if there actually is something to see.

They have now lost me when my sub runs out pisse d off that I cannot get my other chars transferred to my main server so I can enjoy pvp with all my chars GG BW

I did not comment on the content. Only its existence. :)

That's fair. And I do give Eric props, because I don't think we would have even got this pathetic showing without him. He really is a good community manager. It's too bad that he's given nothing to work with from the decision makers there in Austin. He has to keep absorbing the flak for their disconnect.

Edited by Korusus

Glad to have the unified fleet chat channel and when you say unique gear from Nightmare mode do you mean just unique appearances or it is above 72 gear?

*sigh* I would've hope Underworld stayed uncraftable. Pre 2.0, Dread Guard gear being craftable really killed the market and interest in ops because you need to is get someone to make you 1 or 2 barrels/hilts and you, technically, have to set foot in an op if you don't care about set bonus.

My suggestion is if you want to generate interest in HM/NM mode ops give the players something unique that can be obtain from ops and make the PvE 4 piece set bonus a "must have" for every class.

They have now lost me when my sub runs out pisse d off that I cannot get my other chars transferred to my main server so I can enjoy pvp with all my chars GG BW

Just because he didn't mention server transfers in this particular post, that does not mean it will not happen. He is mainly talking about content and as I see it, server transfers are a service they can/will provide. Don't jump the gun yet youngin.