I just had an idea for a new feature -- Wardrobes!

Machine-Elf

What if there were a system that allowed us to choose specific attires for each planet? The character would automatically switch to said attire as soon as he landed on the planet. Warm snuggly clothes for Hoth, breezy wafer-thin garments for Tatooine, etc...

This could also work for specific instances, such as war zones and flash points.

Advantages: fun, immersion, and would offer players extra motivation to keep dishing out those CC's.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Machine-Elf

FFXI had a system where you quested for parts of a manikin and when you completed it, you could then combine them for a manikin you placed in your House that could display a gear set. You could display multiple gear sets this way.

Then for a certain thing you were doing you could just grab that displayed set off the manikin for whatever.

WoW certainly has a feature like this. Is it called armour sets? Outfits? I also see no reason why it should be a difficult feature to program.

I'd really like to see it implemented for no other reason than it'd be nice to just flick a switch to change to pvp gear.

But yes, I really do have a Hoth outfit ;).

Edited by Mertaal

WoW certainly has a feature like this. Is it called armour sets? Outfits? I also see no reason why it should be a difficult feature to program.

Wait, now WoW has this, too?

Well then, if WoW has it, then its inclusion in SWTOR is almost a foregone conclusion.

Edited by Machine-Elf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

So I backed checked this site, also ran a virus, and maleware scan. Nothing came up as bad so here is the link

http://massively.joystiq.com/2015/01/24/pax-south-2015-swtor-reveals-its-plans-for-this-year/

I have no idea if its fact or fiction, as I am not a dev, that being said sounds like bioware.

Breaking it down

Story driven content

Upgrading some old fps to HM

Start of pvp big woop

Something called outfit designer, if its not tied to the cartel market, could be a win.

Dont know if it helps but there it is.

What I would love is an "Armor case" I can fill with a whole set of gear including weapons that I can just click once to change into, armor currently worn replaces the one you took out in the case.

Need to switch role? Click once to get you gear ready, decided to do some PvP? Click once to get your PvP gear on!

It would also save 13 spots in you inventory.