BW, please fix Partisan and Conquer power relic proc stacking.

Ashuranrx

Can someone please post the "Quadruple Proc" screenshot?

1) with 4 power buffs happening

2) with character sheet showing +1800 power (1690 i believe is the actual math)

I tested this with a guildmate in group and while we did see the procs either

A) refreshing (extending the limit) from 6 seconds up to a potential 11 seconds OR

B) "proc"ing separately allowing it to come up again within the 20 second window (potential up time 12 seconds) via two 6 second procs.

However, at no time did my power shoot up over 1800 or. Max it increased was the 845.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't you just give us flats relics instead of proc's?!

^^

Easiest fix by far, convert the partisan ones to say 153 power, and the conquerer ones to 160 power, or whatever values you decide. Something like that, like when the original pvp on use relics were converted from on use to flat stats.

Rubberbanding, queue bugs, horrid bolster system, periodic lag, players falling through the ground, extra GCD bug... no no please fix this earth/game shattering bug of useful relics.

You mad bro :rak_02:

You should be :p

So in light of this upcoming fix, what's going to be BiS for PvP relics in 2.2? I'm thinking about using the Conqueror relic of serendipitous assault or whatever mixed with the EWH power relic. Thoughts?

So in light of this upcoming fix, what's going to be BiS for PvP relics in 2.2? I'm thinking about using the Conqueror relic of serendipitous assault or whatever mixed with the EWH power relic. Thoughts?

Don't use something with low expertise, bolster will screw you.

Once more, thanks whinners relics will be nerfed and we'll have useless crap relics :)

Seriously, this is BS. Gaddamn whiners. I hope BW is going to give those of us that blew a ton of RWZ comms something comparable... or how about a refund?

You know we'll receive nothing. Just a BIG nerf for everybody.

They do, its the War hero elite relic

If you use the war hero one or ewh, bolster will screw you.

Edited by NogueiraA

more whining as usual..heres the crux to this situation in general..bioware can change the relics which anybody can get so it not limited to only a few..the one thing Bioware or any game company will never fix is baddies..people who dont know there class get beat come on forums crying this class need nerf..

if bioware change them what will people cry about next to much power on relic with flat rate..get real some of this isn't Bioware fault..its people mainly cause nobody dont want to admit that they is bad or just suck at the game..just blame it on some aspect of this game..

i been here since beta i never seen a real problem wth any class truly needing a nerf..it was bad people who didnt know how to play there class or counter the other that caused most of the headache to start wth nerfs and other bull..before you go crying nerf why dont you take a good look at the problem cause 9/10 it's you that is the cause of it..

you can balance and fix this game all you want..you cant fix human error and stupidity..this been the problem with every mmo game around..Bioware unless you have a patch to fix the baddies that play this game..well good luck with trying to reach balance..

Edited by Xertasian

I would also like to take this chance to propose for flat stats relics like the old WH and EWH relics pre 2.0, instead of having proc type relics like we do now for PvP. This will eliminate the RNG variable from relics in an already RNG heavy system (crit chance, defense chance, shield chance... etc.) for PvP, and allow the devs to achieve better balance by pinpointing abnormal behavior in numbers during PvP combat easier with less RNG involved..

Disagreed. Having the power value proc makes for a more interesting pvp environment.

Obvious but minor bug is going to be fixed.

Could those who wish to advertise the fact that they'll whine about anything, please continue to complain in this thread?

Thank you for your co-operation.

P.S. Considering you'd trade up from one non-power partisan relic to the conq relic (that you will keep after this fix) anyway, that is a realistic extra cost of zero warzone comms, not even 400 wz comms. I now have to trade up my partisan power relic for a conq damage proc relic. I'm in tears, I can tell you.

Edited by Wainamoinen

A) refreshing (extending the limit) from 6 seconds up to a potential 11 seconds OR

B) "proc"ing separately allowing it to come up again within the 20 second window (potential up time 12 seconds) via two 6 second procs.

However, at no time did my power shoot up over 1800 or. Max it increased was the 845.

I'm still waiting, just like this person, for that magical SS showing the extra 1690 power.

I'm afraid you'll get no answer man... Nobody will post a 4 power buffs screenshot, nobody will show you a character sheet with +1800 power, for the simple reason it cannot happen !

People just crying and inventing wrong maths, but still, you are right, I made a big series of tests, analyzing parses on different characters :

A) Yes relics can "refresh" and then get an extended limit up to 11-12s

B) Yes the max increase is exactly 845.

Conclusion : 845 extra power gives 0.23*845*1.05 = 204 damage bonus .

Woooo this extra 204 damage bonus is over cheated! .... So sad to read people complaining about wrong things...

The only REAL fact remains : PvP relics can stack (but not 4 times guys!) and "double-proc" on heals and damages. This "just" gives us an extended buff, not a 1600 power buff... Please analyze your own parses and just look at your characters before writing such things..

Anyway... I still can not believe nothing was intended... this all is clearly written on the relics description, absolutely no mention about any limitation as it appears on PvE ones. No one will make me think that something indicated on the relics is a bug. If it would have worked differently from the intended description, right, ok, something would have been wrong. It's not the case..

They'll "fix" it.. anyway... crying guys won :-/

I'm afraid you'll get no answer man... Nobody will post a 4 power buffs screenshot, nobody will show you a character sheet with +1800 power, for the simple reason it cannot happen !

People just crying and inventing wrong maths, but still, you are right, I made a big series of tests, analyzing parses on different characters :

A) Yes relics can "refresh" and then get an extended limit up to 11-12s

B) Yes the max increase is exactly 845.

Conclusion : 845 extra power gives 0.23*845*1.05 = 204 damage bonus .

Woooo this extra 204 damage bonus is over cheated! .... So sad to read people complaining about wrong things...

The only REAL fact remains : PvP relics can stack (but not 4 times guys!) and "double-proc" on heals and damages. This "just" gives us an extended buff, not a 1600 power buff... Please analyze your own parses and just look at your characters before writing such things..

Anyway... I still can not believe nothing was intended... this all is clearly written on the relics description, absolutely no mention about any limitation as it appears on PvE ones. No one will make me think that something indicated on the relics is a bug. If it would have worked differently from the intended description, right, ok, something would have been wrong. It's not the case..

They'll "fix" it.. anyway... crying guys won :-/

Regardless of the buff being 845 or 1600 power, how does any of it make sense with BW's past behavior:

1 - Why would PvP relics be BiS for PvE?

2 - Why would BW encourage such high levels of burst in PvP?

Look back at previous examples where they got rid of "on-click-power-gain" relics for PvP and replaced with static, flat power as they felt it was too much burst in PvP.

Look back at how, they had to add flat power to PvE relics after the change to PvP relics because, for a brief time, PvP relics were BiS for PvE'ers so they had to fix that too.

So why would you honestly believe that BW would want to go against that philosophy now?

any news on returning relics to a flat stat increase? adding more RNG to PvP is never a good thing.

That's your opinion. Many people do not agree with you. The opposing argument is that RNG makes it more unpredictable and maybe you'll get different outcomes each time because of it. That makes battles less boring and stale. Some RNG is a good thing.

You got what you wanted - the proc upon proc stacking removed. But removing the procs period an unnecessary overreaction.

Hi there folks,

Relics procs of the same type shouldn't stack, and we have this bug fixed for Game Update 2.1.1. Because the fix is still in testing, there's always the chance that it will be moved to a different patch. If so, I'll be sure to let you know!

:ph_thank_you:

~Amber

Amber, please allow us to sell back our relics for the original amount of comms since this screws over everyone who bought 2 of the Serendipitous Assault relics. We were never told this was a bug and was going to be fixed. Everyone just went ahead and bought both power proc relics thinking this was how you intended it to be. If you are making it not stack anymore, you need to give us back our comms. As of now, one relic will become a complete waste of our comms we grinded.

Edited by revcrisis

I am pretty sure we were never supposed to be able to stack two proc relics like that.

Which is why I bought two separate proc relics.

But I do love people that go out of their way to abuse something then complain when it gets fixed.

Especially the ones that know the relics shouldn't be working that way.

That's your opinion. Many people do not agree with you. The opposing argument is that RNG makes it more unpredictable and maybe you'll get different outcomes each time because of it. That makes battles less boring and stale. Some RNG is a good thing.

You got what you wanted - the proc upon proc stacking removed. But removing the procs period an unnecessary overreaction.

first off, most people (pvpers anyways) do actually agree with me.

and what you call "less boring and stale" is making PvP outcomes dependent on literal luck; who procs their relics first?

gear needs to be a secondary to player skill. these proc relics change that; if one side procs and the other does not, the proc'ing side has a massive advantage. clicky buff relics were phased out of PvP for this exact reason. and yet the devs have doubled back and returned to that style, which is a regression in many PvPers eyes. and now we do not even have control of when the proc effect activates, which is even worse than the clicky relics.

skill should be the deciding factor in PvP, not RNG. if you get incredibly unlucky, and your opponent gets very lucky, even superior play may not be able to win the fight.

So I did another test. This time with the PVP Relics *both 66 augmented*

and then completely removing the relics (having nothing in their slots).

and then with the Underworld SA relic and the EWH relic

Also this was unstimmed (but all 4 buffs).

I can go back and look up the parses, or run them again but for the most part I saw about a 200 dps variance between PVP and no relics and about a 50 dps variance when equipping the UW and EWH.

I also have saw the #s from (other parses) by adding the UW Relic of Dark Radiance: and it's approximately a 56 dps variance.

In theory, the double/refreshing proc would best help healers in this scenario, but for straight dps the auto-proc; internal damage relic will work as good as the Partisan/Conqueror combination.

I say in theory because I haven't bought my Conq Dark Radiance Relic or gotten a UW Dark Radiance Relic to test.

Once I do *hopefully by tomorrow* at least in PvE and PvP I'll be able to post some definitive parses.

The disadvantage to the double proccing relics are they can fire off during down time, IE taking damage will sometimes cause them to proc, (stand in an exhaustion zone and you'll see what I mean).

Please give us a Partisan/Conq Boundless Ages. With how good the power proc trinkets are, it would be easy to make it worse for PvE than the Underworld/Arkanian.

Then again all the PVE players will pvp just to get the relics.

Bioware really don't know how to do a game.