BW, please fix Partisan and Conquer power relic proc stacking.

Ashuranrx

Sure, I'm tired of it too. But acting innocent and feigning ignorance at this change is sort of silly when it was obvious on the PTS. We cannot assume everything in game that isn't on the Known List or isn't directly addressed by a dev is "WAI".

Lack of communication is a very different problem. That's why, in my post quoting the dev I asked for specifics of what the expected change is.

how about this: is it asking too much to make the thing refundable on a trade-in basis: any power proc relic can be exchanged for any other type of proc relic of the same rank (conq for conq, part for part). furthermore, is it too much to ask that they do the same thing for expertise crystals for power crystals, since in their infinite wisdom, they decided not to create the slightest higher tier crystal in order to make reverting the expertise to pve viable (as they did with all the other pvp gear)? c'mmon. there are far more common sense things that BW seems to have "overlooked" before we get to the guy being "naive" about BW "fixing" a problem that they knew about for months but made no statement about, one way or another.

:2cents:

edit: and they're STILL SELLING THE EXPERTISE CRYSTAL for use by lvl 35+ on the cartel market even though a dev has posted that mixing exp with non-exp mods in the same shell is bad and not part of the bolster system design. heh unreal.

Edited by foxmob

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there folks,

Relics procs of the same type shouldn't stack, and we have this bug fixed for Game Update 2.1.1. Because the fix is still in testing, there's always the chance that it will be moved to a different patch. If so, I'll be sure to let you know!

:ph_thank_you:

~Amber

Will we be issued a refund so we can purchase a different relic then ? seems only fair.

Hi there folks,

Relics procs of the same type shouldn't stack, and we have this bug fixed for Game Update 2.1.1. Because the fix is still in testing, there's always the chance that it will be moved to a different patch. If so, I'll be sure to let you know!

~Amber

This is ******** and the whole pvp community knows it.

You gave us crap tier relics now you want to nerf said crap tier relics into more crap. Get out of here.

how about this: is it asking too much to make the thing refundable on a trade-in basis: any power proc relic can be exchanged for any other type of proc relic of the same rank (conq for conq, part for part). furthermore, is it too much to ask that they do the same thing for expertise crystals for power crystals, since in their infinite wisdom, they decided not to create the slightest higher tier crystal in order to make reverting the expertise to pve viable (as they did with all the other pvp gear)? c'mmon. there are far more common sense things that BW seems to have "overlooked" before we get to the guy being "naive" about BW "fixing" a problem that they knew about for months but made no statement about, one way or another.

:2cents:

edit: and they're STILL SELLING THE EXPERTISE CRYSTAL for use by lvl 35+ on the cartel market even though a dev has posted that mixing exp with non-exp mods in the same shell is bad and not part of the bolster system design. heh unreal.

They won't make it refundable. Why would they? You would only stop using your Ark version which costs 400 WZ comms when you PvP. And if you only got them to PvE with, then it wouldn't make sense to let you refund it as it's still only going to give you a WZ comms which can only buy PvP items.

Also, can't remember the last time they let your items suddenly become refundable again when this happened.

I'm not arguing that there's plenty of other things BW should have fixed by now *cough, ability, delay*, but I still find it silly to think that they wouldn't change these PvP relics. You're not fooling me if you don't think they are ridiculously OP for what they do. I know they're grossly OP. That's enough for me to know they need a fix.

Hi there folks,

~Amber

Can we please get some proper Relics then. The Heal proc relic is all but atrocious unless your a Assassin Tank and proc dmg relics aren't up to snuff in PvP environments

Will we be issued a refund so we can purchase a different relic then ? seems only fair.

As I just stated in the previous post: To your lower-tier version that cost a whopping 400 WZ? I'd say: No.

Did they give a refund when it was discovered that different pve procs a damage attack relics were based on differing types of crit? Nope. So why would you think they'd do it for 400 little non-rated WZ comps?

As I just stated in the previous post: To your lower-tier version that cost a whopping 400 WZ? I'd say: No.

Did they give a refund when it was discovered that different pve procs a damage attack relics were based on differing types of crit? Nope. So why would you think they'd do it for 400 little non-rated WZ comps?

Actually they did give refunds on those.

To who? People who filed a ticket?

If that's the case, then file a ticket to get 400 non-rated WZ comms back.

Yea myself and my raiders ticketed it. Our marauder even got the augment kit back (rest of us did not however)/

Edited by Lacedemon

Yea myself and my raiders ticketed it. Our marauder even got the augment kit back (rest of us did not however)/

Well, then they can submit a ticket and hope for the best. Good luck to you people who didn't believe it would get resolved. Unlike the PvE relics where we didn't know about this until after purchse, I'm pretty sure everyone who's stacking double PvP relics clearly knows what's going on. It's just silly people are blindly ignoring how OP it is when you can have 4 power surges up at once and pretend like it's a nerf. Yeah, sorry complainers, you're right. It's a nerf when someone is knocked down from stupidly OP to normal, working mechanics. My bad...

hi there folks,

relics procs of the same type shouldn't stack, and we have this bug fixed for game update 2.1.1. Because the fix is still in testing, there's always the chance that it will be moved to a different patch. If so, i'll be sure to let you know!

~amber

give me a proper healing relic u bastards!!!!!!!

So they're fixing the stacking of the relics, but have they said anything about the double-proccing on the pvp SA relics? If that stays the same, the Partisan/Conqueror SA might respectively still be superior to the Arkanian/Underworld SA for pve for certain classes. Specifically, any class like Watchman Sentinels who can proc them off of both damage and healing.

I don't understand the QQ or the response to this by the devs when there are many pvp issues.

THIS^

What kind of ninny actually cries about the way these relics work? There are fun as heck and since everybody can get them, There is no unfair advantage. The defensive proc relics behave the same way, so why complain?

These days, the only cool things BW releases, seem to be mistakes(pwr proc relics, cross-alt chat, etc.)

It's a damn shame people complain, so we are left with a more generic, homogenized game.

It might be easy for some people to get ranked comms, but on my server as an Imperial. It's an awful, painful grind of losing consistantly to pubs. I had better get a refund one or both of my relics.

Isn't the top tier 1 still BiS for PvP? So why would you refund that one?

THIS^

What kind of ninny actually cries about the way these relics work? There are fun as heck and since everybody can get them, There is no unfair advantage. The defensive proc relics behave the same way, so why complain?

These days, the only cool things BW releases, seem to be mistakes(pwr proc relics, cross-alt chat, etc.)

It's a damn shame people complain, so we are left with a more generic, homogenized game.

Are you talking about how people (like me) want these relics fixed or the people upset that it's getting fixed? If you're talking about people like me, then I can assure you, there's absolutely no reason PvP relics should be BiS for PvE.

Hi there folks,

~Amber

Can you then make sure that they don't overlap when you fix it?

What I mean is, when you use 2 partisan serendipitous relics, one can proc and then the second can proc and overwrite the first one, effectively wasting one of the procs in a 20s window. If one proc is up the other one should wait until the effect wears off until it can proc.

Are you talking about how people (like me) want these relics fixed or the people upset that it's getting fixed? If you're talking about people like me, then I can assure you, there's absolutely no reason PvP relics should be BiS for PvE.

So you've decided to come and wrack our PvP, because there's no reason for PvP relics to be BiS for PvE?

Is it that hard to get them or what?

Edited by Taankjr

Well PVP relics being BiS for PVE is pretty much par for the course. If you didnt have a couple Elite war hero relics of boundless ages, prior to 2.0, you were doing it wrong. Is it dumb? yes, but it's just the way it is.

It's not like they are hard to get. It took me 4 days to get both pvp relics, starting with only a couple hundred wz comms.

Edited by Samoth_Nomad

Ok, now enjoy the fix... Enjoy the crap relics getting nerfed.

PVP relics are BiS since release, we are talking about Bioware, they really don't know how to do simple things in their own game, you know that and you know they'll not buff the pvp relics.

This fix is a nerf for everybody because EVERYBODY can use the procs stacking.

You see what you did here? You and all the whinners "awwww ma gad he did 9k on me because of the relics". :)