BW, please fix Partisan and Conquer power relic proc stacking.

Ashuranrx

Underworld Relic > Arkanian relic > Conq relic

Unless the text is wrong on the UW relic it IS better than the Conq and so is the Arkainian for PVE. I guess I don't get why everyone thinks the PVP stuff is better for PVE unless it is due to the ease to acquire. The Conq/Part relics are easier to obtain but far from BIS in a PVE setting.

Sir, the PVP relics can stack together twice...

The PVE one can't.

Sorry but you really don't know whats going on here?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, they can't stack twice. They can both proc at the same time for 845 power and the duration can even be extended beyond 6 seconds with healing/damage, but getting someone to post a screenshot of these mysterious double dip 1690 power procs is like asking for pics of a real life Unicorn because it doesn't exist. The UW/Ark relics work the same way in PVE.

So, unless you can provide a screenshot proving otherwise I will ask you the same thing. You don't really know whats going on here do you?

Edited by Nitromonger

Hi there folks,

Relics procs of the same type shouldn't stack, and we have this bug fixed for Game Update 2.1.1. Because the fix is still in testing, there's always the chance that it will be moved to a different patch. If so, I'll be sure to let you know!

:ph_thank_you:

~Amber

Didn't bother stacking 2 power proc relics, figured it'd get fixed anyway but any chance of making the "healing" proc relic not so ... um ... terrible? Seriously, when a "healing" relic works out to be better for one of the tanks (assassin/shadow), you know there's a problem.

I hope they fix it with the next patch. With all the players that doesn't know how to get the most from their class, this is making every WZs easy mode or a nightmare depending on which side they are. It's not funny.

Unless the text is wrong on the UW relic it IS better than the Conq and so is the Arkainian for PVE. I guess I don't get why everyone thinks the PVP stuff is better for PVE unless it is due to the ease to acquire. The Conq/Part relics are easier to obtain but far from BIS in a PVE setting.

What you are missing is that the PvP power proc relics can proc from both healing and damage. The PvE counterparts can only proc once each during the 20 second ICD.

For example Conqueror and Partisan can both proc to stack with each other and they can both proc twice in the 20sec ICD, once from a damaging attack AND once from a heal. This can give a max of 845 power for 12sec every 20 seconds. You can also include different variations of the 2x2 procing like 6sec of 435power > 6sec of 845power > 6sec of 410power (adds up to 18sec of various +power) over 20seconds. In a spec like Madness Sorcerers or Balance Sages this happens all the time due to DoT crits giving self heals.

The PvE SA relics do not proc twice on each relic. It can only proc once from damage OR once from healing every 20 seconds. This would give a max of 1060power for 6 seconds every 20seconds, or other variations like 6sec of 550power > 6sec of 510power every 20sec.

Hi there folks,

Relics procs of the same type shouldn't stack, and we have this bug fixed for Game Update 2.1.1. Because the fix is still in testing, there's always the chance that it will be moved to a different patch. If so, I'll be sure to let you know!

~Amber

Are PvP and PvE relics considered the same? So, will a PvP power proc relic stack with a PvE power proc relic?

What you are missing is that the PvP power proc relics can proc from both healing and damage. The PvE counterparts can only proc once each during the 20 second ICD.

The PvE SA relics do not proc twice on each relic. It can only proc once from damage OR once from healing every 20 seconds.

Ok, that makes sense to me. To me, the biggest misconception was that there was some way to get 1690 power from procs, which has not proven to be true.

In response to the question about PVP relics proccing in PVE, yes they do. I have been using an UW/Conq combo. Guess I've been doing it wrong in PVE.

So, now that this is fixed, or will be in a few days.

The BiS for PVP DPS is the conqueror serendipitous and the conqueror internal tech damage?

I'd like to know about this too. Has anyone done the math on this yet?

Kind of funny how the fool opening the initial post said he thinks people getting crit for 9k is a result of the double proc. I was hitting mauls for 9k and as high as 11k before I had the conq serendipitous assault relic. Nice when people whine based on pure speculation. Thanks though. Now it will be even harder to down geared healers who are already hard as hell to down. Learn your class and get some gear before crying about how much you die.

Hi there folks,

~Amber

Since 2.1.1 is now slated to come out tomorrow and as far as I can tell this fix will be implemented then, can we now get some clarification on some things:

1 - So, right now, the PvP ones can trigger off of damage and heals giving two procs from one relic. PvE ones cannot. So I just want it laid out specifically that there's no way a person should get 2 power surges in a 20 second window, right? That as soon as you get your power surge proc, expect not to see it again for another 20 seconds, correct?

2 - From what I've read from people testing is that the proc'ing of a relic that gives power surge also affects that 4.5 sec ICD of the proc'ing relic that does damage. I hope this is not intended and that it's a bug. Can you clarify what the intended mechanic is?

3 - Can you confirm that these changes are still coming out tomorrow and that it's been tested thoroughly. If not, I can see myself hitting the dummy for an hour and looking at my combat log just to have to find out myself, but I think it would be heck of a lot easier to hear it from the devs on how their items are supposed to work.

Yeah, we still don't know how this is all going to shake out.

I don't mind my relics not stacking, as long as I know each one will fire off for 6 seconds every 20. Basically giving me 12 seconds of single relic boost uptime per 20.

I also wouldn't mind you just changing it to +200 power each, or whatever.

Edited by islander

Yeah, we still don't know how this is all going to shake out.

I don't mind my relics not stacking, as long as I know each one will fire off for 6 seconds every 20. Basically giving me 12 seconds of single relic boost uptime per 20.

I also wouldn't mind you just changing it to +200 power each, or whatever.

Yeah, that's also a good point. If you get a power surge from Relic 1, after it fades 6 seconds later couldn't the second one proc at that point? That's not stacking.

So, yes, can you give us some definitive clarification?

Okay... seriously, the patch came out and still we don't have any clarification on this. All I see in the patch notes is this:

PvP Relics will no longer stack procs if a character is wearing both the Partisan and Conqueror versions.
However, as a Anni Marauder spec I can both DPS and Heal at the same time. Currently I'm only using one PvP Relic and one PvE Relic that both provide power surge. Before this patch I was seeing 2 power surges on my character at the same time.

Nothing... I repeat... NOTHING in this patch note says that there's any change for me since I did not stack 2 PvP relics.

I'm actually a bit frustrated that you guys cannot simply come out and say the exact mechanics of what should happen here since your patch note is sorely missing detailed information.

1) Does this mean a PvE and a PvP Relic that both provide Power Surge can stack?

2) Does this mean that the PvP Relics still provide a healing proc and damage proc Power Surge that's independent so a user can get both to proc and get double Power Surge?

3) Does the Power Surge proc continue to interfere with the 4.5 sec ICD of the Relics that proc damage (Like Serendipitous Assault)?

Can we get some detailed answers to these questions please?

No, it won't be. Healers got crazy burst healing right now from power relic proc stacking too. Eliminating power relic proc stacking, or better yet, eliminating relic procs altogether, will give us a better picture if healers are indeed too powerful right now, or if it is power relic proc stacking made them scale way too good.

In general, power scale better with healing than damage because healers don't have to worry about healing missing. So they can invest more in surge and alacrity, which scale better with power.

It's not the healers that are OP, it's DPS that can taunt/guard...

Okay... seriously, the patch came out and still we don't have any clarification on this. All I see in the patch notes is this:

However, as a Anni Marauder spec I can both DPS and Heal at the same time. Currently I'm only using one PvP Relic and one PvE Relic that both provide power surge. Before this patch I was seeing 2 power surges on my character at the same time.

Nothing... I repeat... NOTHING in this patch note says that there's any change for me since I did not stack 2 PvP relics.

I'm actually a bit frustrated that you guys cannot simply come out and say the exact mechanics of what should happen here since your patch note is sorely missing detailed information.

1) Does this mean a PvE and a PvP Relic that both provide Power Surge can stack?

2) Does this mean that the PvP Relics still provide a healing proc and damage proc Power Surge that's independent so a user can get both to proc and get double Power Surge?

3) Does the Power Surge proc continue to interfere with the 4.5 sec ICD of the Relics that proc damage (Like Serendipitous Assault)?

Can we get some detailed answers to these questions please?

Bump again for clarification! Any additional information to provide devs?

Bump again for clarification! Any additional information to provide devs?

I would create a new thread with your information, it will just get lost in this thread .. you bring up some very relevant points, especially about the pvp / pve relic statcking.

I would create a new thread with your information, it will just get lost in this thread .. you bring up some very relevant points, especially about the pvp / pve relic statcking.

They say the read almost every thread and this one has a dev response in it so I figure that's even more of a reason. My guess they're not responding is because they're waiting on answers from the actual development team to give them a real answer. Who knows why the developers can't answer this question, but it would be nice to know that this message has been received and given over to the programmers to investigate and get a detailed response...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so that clarifies alot to me.

Doing pvp warzones, i happened to cross a specific player who was doing an insane amount of damage and could get healed almost instantly with no healer around. This guy would simply not die vs. 2x gunnery commando's in 69 and 72 gear. So my guildmate and i were watching him, apart from having an insane amount of different buffs (4 rows of buffs) we saw 2x power surge buff popping in at times.

He was doing 20k damage in 4secs by just using 4 instant skills. This means that as far as i see it, this "bugg" has not yet been resolved, unless the player i was up against had a way of bypassing that or exploiting some other loophole.

Edited by Spouw

Ok, so that clarifies alot to me.

Doing pvp warzones, i happened to cross a specific player who was doing an insane amount of damage and could get healed almost instantly with no healer around. This guy would simply not die vs. 2x gunnery commando's in 69 and 72 gear. So my guildmate and i were watching him, apart from having an insane amount of different buffs (4 rows of buffs) we saw 2x power surge buff popping in at times.

He was doing 20k damage in 4secs by just using 4 instant skills. This means that as far as i see it, this "bugg" has not yet been resolved, unless the player i was up against had a way of bypassing that or exploiting some other loophole.

This has been fixed already

Any word on whether they intend to fix the power and damage proc relics from interfering with one another?

Yeah, BW fixed the double power stacking, but they broke something else :-/

They have actually posted saying this is working as intended. I will refrain from personal insults toward the guy who intended thusly.