PvP Community's Plans for Server Transfers

BanetheDarkLord

Leveling a character from 1-55 is not a problem. It's the 50 Legacy levels, maximised Crew Skills and Companion Affection, Credit fortune and complete Datacron list that many players have an issue with.

What of those is hard to do? 1-55 is the most time consuming. Crew Skills, Companion Affection, and Datacron Hunt can be done in a couple of days easily. Obtaining credits will be easy once you get to level 55. You can easily get 500,000 to 1 million credits just by doing a few hours of dailies each day.

That said, you're right, it takes a lot of motivation to move away from a place in which you've already achieved this. However, cross-server queues are apparently impossible with the current SWTOR game engine and I don't see myself sitting around wasting anymore time with the same ol' same ol' BS that's been going on with TEH's PvP scene. Especially after reading this thread and hearing people's expectations for PvP (even ranked) to be more of a casual experience. I'll pass on all of that.

It's ironic that the people who are complaining about PvPers leaving are also the people that complain about leaving War Zones, Queue Dodging, and all of the other things that some of the higher end PvP guilds do to make themselves better on TEH. I'm convinced that aside from the people on TEH being cool (and I really do mean that, there really isn't a single person that I can't stand on the server), the RP has been mediocre at best, PvP has been a *********** chore, and PvE is faceroll easy. Why should I stick around? I mean, if not wanting to level and grind again is my only reason for not leaving a server where my end-game goals cannot and will not be accomplished then I might as well just stop playing the game...

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...leaving War Zones, Queue Dodging, and all of the other things that some of the higher end PvP guilds do to make themselves better on TEH.

This is golden. Occasionally I have trouble explaining why I'm not in a PvP guild and this quote is going to save me so much trouble in the future.

If ragequitting and avoiding more capable guilds is how you are planning to compete on a PvP server, you should save yourself the disappointment.

This is golden. Occasionally I have trouble explaining why I'm not in a PvP guild and this quote is going to save me so much trouble in the future.

If ragequitting and avoiding more capable guilds is how you are planning to compete on a PvP server, you should save yourself the disappointment.

I don't see very much of this at all on TEH. Is this really happening?

I don't see very much of this at all on TEH. Is this really happening?

It was the trend a few months ago, I'm sure there was a thread about it as well. But I didn't see anyone coming up with a reason or justification for it.

What?

I'm not going to call guilds by name, but they are the best because they do what it takes to be the best. That's all I'll say. They do those things to make themselves better as a TEAM. Some say it's lame because they're just going to faceroll the PUGs they're about to face. Flip the coin over though and you'll see that they're developing their eight-man team to get better and honing in their skills as a single unit.

I was on Pot5 today and as soon as we capped both of the outside nodes in a Civil War, half of the enemy team left because they knew they'd made a mistake. This is how competitive "some" of the players on Prophecy of the Five are. We can all debate about whether or not leaving is right or whether or not staying could've turned the game back around, but what is shocking is that the players on Pot5 are super intense and were obviously so embarrassed with their mistake that they just left the War Zone.

The fact that everyone has to come to terms with is the harsh reality that ranked isn't going to exist on TEH. If you don't care that much about running ranked then that's fine, kudos to you. But I do and so do some of my friends, so we're leveling on Pot5 because we want to participate in end-game PvP. On Pot5 anything goes and there are no "rules" or "codes of conduct" that the players follow. They will do whatever they feel is necessary to make themselves better and/or prevent themselves from wasting time when they know they've made a mistake.

I'm not trying to upset anyone, just stating my opinion on the status of TEH and how this thread in general has made me feel about PvP on TEH.

We can all debate about whether or not leaving is right or whether or not staying could've turned the game back around, but what is shocking is that the players on Pot5 are super intense and were obviously so embarrassed with their mistake that they just left the War Zone.

I don't read this the same way. It sounds like immaturity rather than competitiveness. Go to their records thread and check out the screenshots. I guarantee you will see more **** talking than on most other servers.

Also, if I can quit a wz because I'm a baddie, do you mind if I /stuck, too?

Forever your Darth,

Baarf

I don't read this the same way. It sounds like immaturity rather than competitiveness. Go to their records thread and check out the screenshots. I guarantee you will see more **** talking than on most other servers.

Forever your Darth,

Baarf

Let's be honest too, they didn't quit because they were embarrassed, they quit because the pops are happening so frequently that it's more efficient for them to requeue and try and get a win than sit through a match that they are potentially going to lose. You don't get that as much on TEH because

1) all of us have turned a match around that has gone south

2) pops aren't as frequent, and losing sometimes trumps sitting around waiting to either win/lose

3) Our community is fairly well-known and some people want to avoid the stigma of being known as THAT guy.

Although there are several people who don't care that /stuck is abusing the game mechanics or corner capping in the wall in Novare, or door glitching in voidstar, or print screen/character tab spamming (and binding right click to your mouse wheel so you'll never miss a pick up) in huttball; or the other bug in Hypergates I won't mention because that'll get abused once I make it aware to the masses.

Assuming that the other team is "embarrassed" because you were probably going to win a warzone is probably not the mentality on Party of FIve. It's, more like " **** this, match. I'll quit someone will backfill so I can get a fresh zone and maybe win."

And this was more a response to SIndol than to you Baarf.

Forever your Darth,

Baarf

I am going to agree with Jerc on this one as well. If anything, to me this is encouraging for the future of PvP on TEH to see reports sucj as this coming from POT5. It also makes a great case for the top-tier guilds to stay here and work towards making it the community that you all wish for it to be. <fingers crossed>

As someone relatively new to the PvP scene, I have been followng this thread closely and could it be that there is a glimmer of hope for us on TEH? I personally have no desire to transfer out and have no desire to see ANY of you guys leave either.

Like I said, we can debate why people on Pot5 do the things they do. I'm giving you information based off the people I've talked to while playing there and their explanations for why things are being done the way they're being done. No offense to you all, but I have to take their explanations over our speculation on why they do things the way they do.

Also, like I said, it boils down to what you're most interested in doing. Want to compete in ranked War Zones and enjoy a consistent end-game PvP experience? Pot5 is the way to go for east coast players. This community has been banging it's head against the wall for over a year and a half now trying to get end-game PvP on it's feet and it's never really happened and it's never really been a "common" occurrence.

If I'm not working towards ranked and playing ranked then there's really no reason for me to continue to play the game. Sorry, but I'm not gonna sit on a server and take PvP queues where I'm repeatedly facing an Empire/Hex/Silent Council/Project Mayhem/Dark Empire/Guerilla double premade on the other side because this community is so small and the majority of the good Republic players have either died off or stopped playing or aren't solely committed to PvP and willing to take the steps necessary to get more competitive. So sue me, burn me on a cross, and pick me apart. The fact of the matter remains that the PvP community on this server is too small and very imbalanced which makes it a much more frustrating experience than Pot5, based off what I've experienced over there the past several days.

I wish everyone luck with TEH though and if the PvP does pick up and ranked queues start happening close to every night then you might see me come back, but until then, I'm afraid I'll be working towards running ranked on Pot5 either by starting a guild with my friends or joining another guild that wants to pick me/us up.

Edited by Sindol

Forever your Darth,

Baarf

Do I mind? No. Do I like it? No. Do I do it? No. Do people on TEH do it? Yes. Have I seen it happen on Pot5 yet? No.

I wish you guys luck Sin, but you couldn't pay me money to move to POT5.

I'd take money to move and play on Pot5. xD Heck, if it was a team sort of thing where they paid me to play and practice and compete, I'd do it in a heartbeat! lol

Unrealistic hopes aside, this thread is basically summing up two decisions.

1) Pot5 is preferable if you're going to or want to spend the majority of your time in Ranked Warzones.

2) Ebon Hawk is preferable if you're more 'casual,' or unable to commit to the time and grouping required of Ranked Warzones. (Unless, that is, you prefer the quitter's and whiner's mentality that is predominantly found in PvP server normals.)

At least, that's the way I'm seeing it.

I'd take money to move and play on Pot5. xD Heck, if it was a team sort of thing where they paid me to play and practice and compete, I'd do it in a heartbeat! lol

Unrealistic hopes aside, this thread is basically summing up two decisions.

1) Pot5 is preferable if you're going to or want to spend the majority of your time in Ranked Warzones.

2) Ebon Hawk is preferable if you're more 'casual,' or unable to commit to the time and grouping required of Ranked Warzones. (Unless, that is, you prefer the quitter's and whiner's mentality that is predominantly found in PvP server normals.)

At least, that's the way I'm seeing it.

Pretty much.

Also, like I said, it boils down to what you're most interested in doing. Want to compete in ranked War Zones and enjoy a consistent end-game PvP experience? Pot5 is the way to go for east coast players.

If a consistent end-game PVP experience is people rage quitting after getting double capped in a CW at the beginning of a match, then Party of Five does in fact seem like the place to be.

I hate rolling up against a premade on the other side that I can't beat, but I also would hate that every match I entered was a lop-sided faceroll in my favor too.

I mean, if you are looking to do ranked PVP against a myriad of teams, then I understand your desire to go over there. I can attest from being guilded with you and playing with you that you are in fact one of the better PVPers. I don't think you are going over there for the easy wins, but it seems like you are leaving TEH in part because of the frustrating losses.

It is unfortunate that we don't get 2-3 players from each pub guild to queue together for ranked, as forming one super-duper-ultra-mega-meta-guild isn't in our DNA over on Carrick Station, a good amount of us on the pub side who are some of the stronger PVPers did all share a guild tag once, and personalities, expectations, obligations, loyalties lied elsewhere. So yeah, that's why we have 30+ good players split over 6-8 different guilds. Probably more on both counts.

A guildmate posted he was going to take some time off from the game because PVP wasn't even fun anymore. Part of it was because a lot of people have gone over to the imperial side for the softer queues and easier wins when paired up with the talented players who consistently roll together. And that the good Pub players who would otherwise remain are off on another server testing the waters.

We can blame Bioware for not supporting the PVP experience in a more consistent and productive manner, but we have no one to blame but ourselves for letting the situation deteriorate as much as it has on TEH. Otherwise, server transfers wouldn't be the solution at all. People would just quit.

Edited by Drazzen

Don't you people see this was the problem? You guys did this. You guys caused this. Your lumping 3+++ guilds worth of amazing players into one left the rest of us scrambling to even get 8 people together, let alone be competitive. Nobody else will ever dominate the server like you guys have, because nobody else actively tries to leech so much talent out of other guilds.

How dare you insult my friends that way. I'm not the only one in my guild. Blatant ignorance and disrespect like this is rampant in your megaguild and it ticks me off.

I'm not even going to read the rest of this thread because you all are so blind to what you've done that it's not even worth arguing about anymore. I've said all I need to say. Good luck on Pot5, I hope you all find whatever it is you're looking for there.

QFT...said everything I would say :)

The more I hear about PTO5, the less inclined I am to transfer....

You know we'll all miss you Hex guys if you leave, even if there is a handful of you.

The truth about PVP on TEH is that it won't change. Between the meta-guilds, the multi-guilding, some of our clueless piss-poor bads, and solid premades of rolling awesomeness; the PVP scene won't change.

People just need to figure out what they want from this game for themselves. Some, like Sindol, want to be part of the hardcore competitive scene. Some, like myself, just want to come home and jump into some WZs (alone or with buddies) to chill out and have a good time, maybe run an Operation or take down a WB every once in a while.

If you're hardcore PVP then TEH most likely isn't the home for you. At the same time, if you don't really want to find yourself in a community of inbred @ssclowns, then maybe you shouldn't transfer.

I guess when you're guaranteed to be doing Ranked then you don't have to worry about the regular warzones, but is this rampant warzone dropping totally absent from Ranked? If we really do have such a high level of PVP talent, what would happen if some of our 8-man PVP teams moved to a server where it is SOP to /quit any warzone where someone makes a mistake or at the first sign that a loss is eminent. I find the thought of Game Genie breaking Ranked Warzones on another server highly amusing, perhaps if any Game Genie guild there engulfs the best PVP players from that server as well. Think about it, you got a server of the most uber competitive people who are /quitting warzones, a TON of regular PVPers who are awful, and super dominant team(s)... what you think no one will be /quitting or that no one /quits in Ranked? Or maybe it is acceptable to /quit regular warzones but they would never /quit a ranked match they KNOW they're going to lose. Those same people are gonna waste their time on a loss, or they'll keep on queueing Ranked when they know they'll be seeing their Ranked Rating drop and drop and drop. I find this all highly amusing.

It is unfortunate that we don't get 2-3 players from each pub guild to queue together for ranked, as forming one super-duper-ultra-mega-meta-guild isn't in our DNA over on Carrick Station, a good amount of us on the pub side who are some of the stronger PVPers did all share a guild tag once, and personalities, expectations, obligations, loyalties lied elsewhere. So yeah, that's why we have 30+ good players split over 6-8 different guilds. Probably more on both counts.

A guildmate posted he was going to take some time off from the game because PVP wasn't even fun anymore. Part of it was because a lot of people have gone over to the imperial side for the softer queues and easier wins when paired up with the talented players who consistently roll together. And that the good Pub players who would otherwise remain are off on another server testing the waters.

We can blame Bioware for not supporting the PVP experience in a more consistent and productive manner, but we have no one to blame but ourselves for letting the situation deteriorate as much as it has on TEH. Otherwise, server transfers wouldn't be the solution at all. People would just quit.

I appreciate everything you said, Drazzen. But it's this part of your post that stood out the most. These are the things that the players of TEH are never going to do. Nobody is interested enough in ranked PvP to do what needs to be done in order to make it happen on a frequent basis.

I have exhausted my efforts. I was a part of the establishment of a dedicated PvP guild to house players that want to engage in ranked PvP. I tried organizing ranked kick ball to get people interested and quickly discovered that people were only attending for ranked comms and had very little care for the overall goal of establishing their own ranked teams, people just wanted to be carried. I re-rolled Imp and made an effort to help <Hex> out with their ranked team. I returned to Republic and attempted to refocus on <Zen> only to discover that the majority of this server is burnt out on Pub side and most of the good players aren't willing to just commit to PvP because they're into PvE, RP, or some other in-game activity that the enjoy. I'm not re-rolling on Pot5 because I'm tired of losing, I still won the majority of my matches played on TEH. The reason I'm leaving is because I want to run ranked, I want to go in with a full eight-man coordinated team. I like to practice and become better as a whole team. I'm not content with doing regulars and dealing with PUGs all the time. I don't mind doing it, but that's what I'm burnt out on. The PvP community is just way too small and me getting frustrated with people because they want to continue to PvP, yet don't want to put forth the effort to get any better because they're splitting their time between this and that... Well, that's a problem for me because my only choice is to run regulars and hope for the best when I want to PvP.

I want the opportunity to run with a full team of people that I want to queue with for ranked. I want to establish synergy and I want my team's hard work and dedication to be represented through our victories or losses in rated PvP.

If you're hardcore PVP then TEH most likely isn't the home for you. At the same time, if you don't really want to find yourself in a community of inbred @ssclowns, then maybe you shouldn't transfer.

ah yes.. that's the million $ question

Pax Imperius and Pax Dominus is staying

However from the discussions in this thread it seems the first few days/weeks after server transfers open will be an interesting time in the PvP life of this RP server