Welcome to Game Update 2.1: Customization

I came to the forums seeking a thread on the 2.1 update to praise Bioware for the great additions in this latest patch.

Finding this and reading some of the complaints from players on longer than myself is kind of disappointing.

As of this writing, I am officially a subscriber / player for a mere 7 days, 4 hours and 4 minutes.

Sorry for not being here longer... just recently retired / disabled and couldn't be here sooner...

(my 16 hour work day just wouldn't allow it).

Being such a noob, I am in no position to contradict any complaint a vet player may have, but I did come here to praise some of the features available in the latest patch.

I screwed up and took a worthless color crystal out of an Over-Tuned Conqueror's Saberstaff I received from a Cartel pack on my Imperial Agent main and tried mailing it to my Sith Inquisitor alt.

Same with a Balmooran Hand Cannon Grek intended for a Bounty Hunter alt.

I'm sure vet players know that by doing so bound the items, making the Saberstaff essentially useless.

Vet players would respond to just buy another off the GTN...but as a new player who's kinda poor in-game at the moment it was quite relieving to be able to "share" the items.

I would like to point out that I have also spent well over $600 on those friggin' Cartel Coins in a week trying to get vehicles and gear.

Charging us Cartel Coins to be able to transfer items was obvious.

As former CEO of 2 e-commerce sites and as I stated earlier, recently retired, I understand this from both angles.

We're here to play and be entertained and not feel robbed or cheated for our hard earned cash.

We're gonna b*tch when charged for silly upgrades or spend $600 on Cartel packs and get 30 useless Empire banners or Jawagrams trying for the item we desire.

They're here to make money. Simple as that.

Yes, they need to listen to their client base and give us what we desire..

but it's gonna cost us. It's the nature of the beast.

If we want totally free to play..the games gonna suck.

Would you work your a**es off for nothing?

Am I selling out because I was once a corporate raider?

Hell no! I'm a gamer now dammit...and I'm gonna b*tch just like the rest when something goes wrong.

(but I still like the latest update features) :D

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware, having a discount for subscribers to change anything is double-dipping at its worst. I was under the impression that once you purchased the Cathar you'd at least have one free species change. Changing anything other than species should cost in-game credits, not CC.

just an afterthought...

wouldn't it be nice if when you purchased a Cartel pack, the game detects what you already have and omits that from the pack you just bought and substitutes it with something you don't have?

i know... i know... then we wouldn't buy as many packs.

ahhh..in a perfect world.

Edited by -iDisOrder-

You get a monthly allotment of coins because of your sub, save up. You get access to the game with no restrictions because of your sub. Your on these forums now because of your sub. The only reason why any of you feel this is greed, disrespect, and "you are not listening" is because you are being impatient and feel you shouldn't have to wait.

Ask anyone: “The best things in life are not free” and “The best things in life are worth waiting for.”

Bioware has already given you a way to get everything you want for just your sub and some patience, but if you want more coins for your sub try asking nicely.

Edited by TRDK

You get a monthly allotment of coins because of your sub, save up. You get access to the game with no restrictions because of your sub. Your on these forms now because of your sub. The only reason why any of you feel this is greed, disrespect, and not listening is because you are being impatient and feel you shouldn't have to wait.

Ask anyone: “The best things in life are not free” and “The best things in life are worth waiting for.”

Bioware has already given you a way to get everything you want for just your sub and some patience, but if you want more coins for your sub try asking nicely.

Oh okay... lets us use your logic here for a second.... I want to change my name. 1000 CC. So wait 2 months to change your name. Now, you have used up all your coins. Want to change your Guild Name. 2 more months. Out of coins again. Want to play a Cathar, good choice nice race. 300 coins. You are down to 250 CC... so unless i buy some cheap pack, i cant buy anything else. That is 5 months of cartel coins.

Sorry but that is absolutely illogical. I pay a sub every month and in return, i dont even get the amount of CC 15.00 bucks would buy. And BioWare wants me to wait 4 months to change 2 names using my allotted free coins.... uh.. NO!!!! This another Pay to Play system to get money out of you. I pay every month, there should be value in that. I bought the game itself, there should be value in that. Instead, you are robbed of that value, and told that you need to spend your RL money on CC to get things that should be in game credits or free to subs all together.. Betting most subs feel the exact same way... THIS IS DOUBLE DIPPING!!!!

They're here to make money. Simple as that.

Yes, they need to listen to their client base and give us what we desire..

but it's gonna cost us. It's the nature of the beast.

If we want totally free to play..the games gonna suck.

Would you work your a**es off for nothing?

Am I selling out because I was once a corporate raider?

Hell no! I'm a gamer now dammit...and I'm gonna b*tch just like the rest when something goes wrong.

(but I still like the latest update features) :D

It allready costs us. Every month.

CM should be focused on profiting from the F2P crowd, not their loyal customers who -were- here to stay and allready supporting them with an ongoing monthly fee. Right now, they are focusing pretty much the same on subscribers and F2P alike - and that's what makes me angry.

Work your asses off for nothing? -Our monthly fee is not nothing.

Noone wants "totally F2P". We ARE paying, and F2P players should be the only ones who needs to pay for IG features. We allready paid for it, and keep doing so by sub.

Agreed !!!!

Winter = ESO....

ESO = End of SWTOR... cos BioWare has no clue! BTW release date for ESO should be announced at E3 on June 11-13. Sure hope there is something up BioWare's sleeve to combat the mass exodus on the launch of a new game. Really don't want to see server numbers back to August 2012 numbers... that would be a flat shame. And a reason to write off BioWare completely.

Didn't people say the samething when Guild Wars 2 was released? OMG the end of swtor. I don't know about other people but i'm tired of medieval type mmos. ESO is just Guild Wars 2/WOW version 2.0 , BORING. Game developers need to start thinking outside of the box instead of the same old stuff.

Oh okay... lets us use your logic here for a second.... I want to change my name. 1000 CC. So wait 2 months to change your name. Now, you have used up all your coins. Want to change your Guild Name. 2 more months. Out of coins again. Want to play a Cathar, good choice nice race. 300 coins. You are down to 250 CC... so unless i buy some cheap pack, i cant buy anything else. That is 5 months of cartel coins.

Sorry but that is absolutely illogical. I pay a sub every month and in return, i dont even get the amount of CC 15.00 bucks would buy. And BioWare wants me to wait 4 months to change 2 names using my allotted free coins.... uh.. NO!!!! This another Pay to Play system to get money out of you. I pay every month, there should be value in that. I bought the game itself, there should be value in that. Instead, you are robbed of that value, and told that you need to spend your RL money on CC to get things that should be in game credits or free to subs all together.. Betting most subs feel the exact same way... THIS IS DOUBLE DIPPING!!!!

And yet you are able to do all that you mentioned above (buying cathar and changing your names) without spending any additional money than your subscription. If the wait for your FREE cartel coins is too much for you to handle, feel free to buy more. The fact is though, you are given FREE coins every month which you can use for these features. You're acting like an impatient brat because you aren't getting enough free things to please you.

I pay every month, there should be value in that. I bought the game itself, there should be value in that. Instead, you are robbed of that value, and told that you need to spend your RL money on CC to get things that should be in game credits or free to subs all together.. Betting most subs feel the exact same way... THIS IS DOUBLE DIPPING!!!!

I agree 100%, but then again, there is cr@p in this game they give us as subs that would otherwise cost us CC if we were FTP.

I actually forget what's unlocked as a sub until I read the chat box and see what FTP's are b*tchin' about.

Yeah, for 80 bucks...more if you pay month to month, I think subs should get more "freebies" other than just a discount.

It allready costs us. Every month.

CM should be focused on profiting from the F2P crowd, not their loyal customers who -were- here to stay and allready supporting them with an ongoing monthly fee. Right now, they are focusing pretty much the same on subscribers and F2P alike - and that's what makes me angry.

Work your asses off for nothing? -Our monthly fee is not nothing.

Noone wants "totally F2P". We ARE paying, and F2P players should be the only ones who needs to pay for IG features. We allready paid for it, and keep doing so by sub.

agreed....

I retract all statements previously understanding Bioware's attitude.

They suck and need to be burned at the stake... sonsab*tches.:D

Edited by -iDisOrder-

And yet you are able to do all that you mentioned above (buying cathar and changing your names) without spending any additional money than your subscription. If the wait for your FREE cartel coins is too much for you to handle, feel free to buy more. The fact is though, you are given FREE coins every month which you can use for these features. You're acting like an impatient brat because you aren't getting enough free things to please you.

Um... ITS NOT FREE !!! I PAY EVERY MONTH !!!! Cartel Coins are not FREE !!! ONCE AGAIN, I PAY EVERY MONTH !!!!... your entire statement is ignorant and inaccurate. Try to put together a decent argument please.

Raise my sub cost and stop nickel and dimming me on everything. There are much better methods of paying for this if you arent making enough and feel the need to go after everyone for more money.

I agree 100%, but then again, there is cr@p in this game they give us as subs that would otherwise cost us CC if we were FTP.

I actually forget what's unlocked as a sub until I read the chat box and see what FTP's are b*tchin' about.

Yeah, for 80 bucks...more if you pay month to month, I think subs should get more "freebies" other than just a discount.

I agree with you there to a point. untill you realise you have paid for that unlock 3 times over by now from all the monthly subscriptions. so far the only really annoying thing I have found is the dye.

Fine yeah you buy dye, you roll the one you like. awesome. you put it in your armour.......but wait you just got a more awesome armour. now to put it in your colours! But wait. WTH? If i take the dye out...it destroys??? So you are saying after spending god knows how many coins to finally get the colour you like...if i want to take it out and pop it in some new armour i can't? How is that fair? I thought it might be something like Guild wars 2 where random drop it unlocks on your character colour pallet for that character permanently, and to get the good colours you buy of their version of the market.

But you are saying that I only get to use the dye it get once? That is beyond unfair!

I bought the CE i have subscribed since release date. yeah you give us free stuff etc. but seriously what we pay in subs out pays what F2P perks we auto get.

you really need to rethink this dye system!

um... Its not free !!! I pay every month !!!! Cartel coins are not free !!! Once again, i pay every month !!!!... Your entire statement is ignorant and inaccurate. Try to put together a decent argument please.

Raise my sub cost and stop nickel and dimming me on everything. There are much better methods of paying for this if you arent making enough and feel the need to go after everyone for more money.

pay every 6 months then! shut up!

Well, I'm not that disappointed with this update, simply because I don't expect much from you guys at BW anymore. The only thing I wanted was the eradicators mask, must say despite the fact it doesn't really look anything like what it should, it still looks awesome.

The other things? well the customisation booth I have no problems with, the small changes I like to make to my characters don't cost that many CC, my monthly allowance is more than fine for that. The new dyes? well BW you really ****** those up, why I would want my armour to look like something a clown would wear I don't know. Pretty much I can't be bothered explaining all the faults because you don't care anyway so all I will say is you really need to start putting some effort in, either that or start hiring some new staff. Crappy randomised colours that you have to pay for with 200 CC is just insulting, I have no doubt black or dark grey dyes will look decent, just to bad you have spend god knows how much cash until you randomly acquire them from a pack.

Like I said, didn't expect much from you guys anyway but good job on the mask, I actually really do like it.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but someone has to put it to you guys straight.

untill you realise you have paid for that unlock 3 times over by now from all the monthly subscriptions.

how about this totally noob error.

I buy the "Going Places" pack because it says "Legacy Unlock".

I then read the fine print, which is really fine on my monitor & being old and half blind..

only to find out I have to buy it 3 more times for alts because it isn't a "Legacy Unlock".

now THAT sucks!!!

Didn't people say the samething when Guild Wars 2 was released? OMG the end of swtor. I don't know about other people but i'm tired of medieval type mmos. ESO is just Guild Wars 2/WOW version 2.0 , BORING. Game developers need to start thinking outside of the box instead of the same old stuff.

I agree. There is no need to bring up other games as the "killer of swtor".

The powers that be, accompanied by the constant failings by the dev team to deliver pvp content, are doing a better job at killing this game then any other MMO ever could for me.

Hey genius.... heads up... still not free. Paying every 6 months. Geez. Get a clue.

You talk about paying every month, every month. Do some math here, you pay 15 with change every month. I pay 13 with change because I pay every 6 months. Dude I feel like I’m stealing over here! Want a better value, change your sub BUD!

I agree. There is no need to bring up other games as the "killer of swtor".

The powers that be, accompanied by the constant failings by the dev team to deliver pvp content, are doing a better job at killing this game then any other MMO ever could for me.

AGREED!!!! i withdraw my statement. You have proven me wrong in my posting.

You talk about paying every month, every month. Do some math here, you pay 15 with change every month. I pay 13 with change because I pay every 6 months. Dude I feel like I’m stealing over here! Want a better value, change your sub BUD!

I want my sub to HAVE value. That is the entire point. Why pay at all if your going to charge me for little add you put in the game. BIOWARE just charged us for an expansion. (understandably it was cheap by expansion standards) But every time you add to the game it is on the Cartel Market and you expect subs to pay for it all. You have not received a single drop of extra content for at least 6 months that you have not paid for with real life money.

*free cartel coins only come to those who spend RL money on a sub. Hence. Not Free CC.

- So excuse me if i am not entirely excited that i pay and then, hey want this pay more. And to date, still haven't provided quality of life expected in todays MMOs.

PROBLEMS LOADING???? It's your computer, video card or weak internet connection. I play this game on my laptop, desktop and have ZERO issues with it and have played since launch. There is occasional lag spikes but that happens in any game. Seriously, you have to realize that an internet connection requires a sender and a receiver. If your computer is weak, that's your problem.

I've got a fast video card with 2G memory that work very well. It process the game over Verizon FIOS web connection of 75Download/35Upload speed and it works fine for me. Are some of you still on dial up? Ha...I mean seriously?>