DPS Leaderboard 2.0+

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I was checking sme logs to improve my DPS and got totally astonished while checking this particular one, i cant just understand those numbers, let me paste some samples:

I'm full underworld, fully mk9 augmented, etc etc in a PS/Gore window with relic+adrenal+Inspiration/Bloodthirst i cant get even close to that 12K dispatch/VT, 9K seems to be my highest possible one, and similar with FS/BS.

So whats the sorcery behind those awesome numbers? please dont get me wrong, im not doubting about the parse, i just want to learn wheres is my fault to be sooooo far away from those crits.

I am a sentinel and my Blade Storm(Force Scream) with all procs hits 10.5k thats With only 970 bonus damage since I need more adept enhancements ;) just stack power

Edited by Ausgelebt

But they'll also get 75s :p:D

Oh, of course they will. The difference between our parses is not a matter of one playing better than the others, but rather the timing of our luck as it relates to Ravage procs. Mine always seem to come later in parses, which is why there is such a huge difference between my Harbinger board parse and the ones here. I'm conceding the competition on this board until the next gear tier, when I will again spend way too much time trying to get my luck to align with the first few minutes of my parse.

I'm still shooting for 3k on the Harbinger boards, so if I get the stars to align and top out at the start, I'll be back, but otherwise it's back to focusing on NiM progression.

Edit: I am, however, going to go on record and say that I was wrong when we were testing 2.0 on the PTS. Juggs are cantabile of 3k in current tier. I did not think we would be better than 2800-2900.

Edited by ssfish

getting over a point of dps for some classes is just luck. I mean I parse betweehn 2,8k and 3,1k as a sentinel and its pure randomness, sometimes half my master strikes crit boasting dps sometimes only 25% crit..

I'd disagree that it's "just" luck, but for the most part I agree with what your saying. There's a reason some of us can reach those peaks for our class, and that's not luck at all. Luck only comes in when determining if we do hit those numbers.

Luck likes to take a nap on me, then decide to give me the procs out of pity after I've parsed for an extended length of time. She and her good friend Lag seem to like tag-teaming me some nights. Either way, it's fun to try to push it and make the small adjustments to squeeze out that extra DPS between the procs. Anyone can keep going until they get the procs back-to-back-to-back, but unless they are doing things right in between, they still aren't breaking 2800.

I'd disagree that it's "just" luck, but for the most part I agree with what your saying. There's a reason some of us can reach those peaks for our class, and that's not luck at all. Luck only comes in when determining if we do hit those numbers.

Luck likes to take a nap on me, then decide to give me the procs out of pity after I've parsed for an extended length of time. She and her good friend Lag seem to like tag-teaming me some nights. Either way, it's fun to try to push it and make the small adjustments to squeeze out that extra DPS between the procs. Anyone can keep going until they get the procs back-to-back-to-back, but unless they are doing things right in between, they still aren't breaking 2800.

Maybe you got me wrong. Especially for those 5min fights I sometimes have good ones(crit/procs) and go to 3,1k and sometimes I am total unlucky and parse 2,8k flat. Mostly I parse 2,9k-3k. Telling by facts: I sit at 19% crit rating sometimes my skills crit for 19% sometimes for 24%. random. :/

Especially if the big-hitters crit the parse is way over the top.

Fovoss-Marauder-Annihilation-2942

http://www.torparse.com/a/292183/time/1371449613/1371449961/0/Overview

Will update it with better try soon.

It would appear this is a trimmed start? Annihilate CD is short..and pretty sure a cold start annihilation marauder can't hit 8k dps in opener ;)

Start trimming is disallowed in this thread if you didn't catch it. But cool parse.

getting over a point of dps for some classes is just luck. I mean I parse betweehn 2,8k and 3,1k as a sentinel and its pure randomness, sometimes half my master strikes crit boasting dps sometimes only 25% crit..

If you have a 3.1k dummy parse..why not post it?

I am on torparse top 5 but I don't find it real to post parses that are from "good run". DPS for me is something I can achieve all the time.
well i think the best use of this leaderboard is so that others can see what you did in that parse like # of hits and # of "activates [insert ability here]". ignore the DPS #s. important thing to see is # of hits and we can see that in your log. Edited by paowee

I don't find it real to post parses that are from "good run". DPS for me is something I can achieve all the time.

Right but you also don't have a 3100 5 min run on torparse (I checked) which is what was causing interest.

And yes, this leaderboard is luck based once everyone is using abilities when they should.

Most sections are led by hot parses with crit rates significantly above their tooltip value.

Right but you also don't have a 3100 5 min run on torparse (I checked) which is what was causing interest.

And yes, this leaderboard is luck based once everyone is using abilities when they should.

Most sections are led by hot parses with crit rates significantly above their tooltip value.

My best parse stored on my hdd is 3094 over 4:07. Actually I didn't want to kick off a discussion just telling the guy who asked that those numbers are possible. I don't give a flying f. what anyone thinks about me anyways :-)

To clear things up: what I actually said was that I parse between 2,8-3,1 to underline that it is indeed somehow critluck to get the top parses. I doubt that anyone parses constantly 3k and above on a sentinel/marauder...

Might be me though since I am missing a relic and around 70 bonus damage. There might be someone to convince me otherwise though. Feel free to post sustained parses over 3k.(several)

Edited by Ausgelebt

Hopefully the devs notice threads like these and realize how badly shadows need to be buffed. Top end DPS @ 2600 while just about ever other class is capable of 2900 is unacceptable.

Maybe fix tank spec while their at it so they have at least one viable spec/role.

#frustratedshadow

Hopefully the devs notice threads like these and realize how badly shadows need to be buffed. Top end DPS @ 2600 while just about ever other class is capable of 2900 is unacceptable.

Maybe fix tank spec while their at it so they have at least one viable spec/role.

#frustratedshadow

No they won't.

Why?

Because they believe the dps of all classes when used on a target with an armour debuff and on a target which loses health so executes can be used is within correct range.

No leaderboard allows armour debuffs and they dont lose health.

Of course marauders also gain from an armour debuff which says something about the logic of all that.

Hey, was informed about the post and was told I should participate because Annihilation wasn't getting much love :(

Gorband - Annihilation - 36/8/2 - 2964.55 (2 BA Uses(Underworld), 2x Adrenals (Reusable not Blue), 1 BloodThirst)

Blue Infused-Nano Used.

http://www.torparse.com/a/297196/time/1371658809/1371659125/0/Overview

*Will reparse when I get more time, low Crit Avg, nonblue adrenal, no bombs (Can bombs be used?)

AMR Gearset - Build

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/9ed5af86-77e5-4473-8a70-d5c450ec27d6

Edited by Gorband

Hey, was informed about the post and was told I should participate because Annihilation wasn't getting much love :(

Gorband - Annihilation - 36/8/2 - 2964.55 (2 BA Uses(Underworld), 2x Adrenals (Reusable not Blue), 1 BloodThirst)

*Will reparse when I get more time, low Crit Avg, nonblue adrenal, no bombs (Can bombs be used?)

AMR Gearset - Build

I don't think so Gorbi. No bombs, no buffs other than what your class has and no trimming the beginning.

Blue Infused-Nano Used.

http://www.torparse.com/a/297196/time/1371658809/1371659125/0/Overview

AMR Gearset - Build

About time! Late to the party! :)