DPS Leaderboard 2.0+

So whats the sorcery behind those awesome numbers? please dont get me wrong, im not doubting about the parse, i just want to learn wheres is my fault to be sooooo far away from those crits.

Well Ezelia is no slouth either but she is getting NOWHERE near those numbers. He is doing something vastly different. Maybe Nightmare Pilgrim buff? Well - no that would be considered cheating.

I guess its really just a crit/pen/BT/adrenal/relic vicious throw, considered it happens right at the start.

Edited by atschai

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I ever needed proof that luck does not favor me for cold start parses, this would be it.

First 5 minutes are terrible, but I still get to 2850 after 10. Ark, Loufucai, I shall concede this one to you guys until I get my 75s. :(

You think you would be able to give a detailed rotation or priority? My best is 2400 ish with infiltration. But then again only 72 I have is main hand and offhand hilt from my tank set lol.

Sure,

Opener

Spinning Kick

Relic, Adrenal, Battle Readiness

Shadow Strike

2x Clairvoyant Strike

Project

Then I look at my buffs/procs and if I have 3 stacks of breaching shadows at this point I will

Force Breach

Potency

Force Breach

If Im not at 3 stacks I will do another CS for filler or Shadow Strike if its proc'd. Typically though since BR is popped you will get the 3rd stack in my experience.

After that it basically just goes into the normal Infil priority

1) Breach @ 3 stacks of Breaching Shadows

2) Spinning Strike ( Cant use it on the dummy, but this is where I put it while doing raids)

3) Project @ 2 stacks of Circling Shadows

4) Shadow Strike w/ Find Weakness Proc

5) Clairvoyant Strike

6) Saber Strike

I use blackout pretty much on CD if I am below 70 force. Im not really very good about timing my Force Cloaks to get Potency to line up with cool downs yet, but its a good idea to try and time it so that potency comes back up during the relic/BR phase. And every time I use force cloak I re-engage with a spinning kick to get the FW proc.

Hope that was what you were looking for, I only started playing infiltration seriously after 2.0 hit, so there is probably someone that has played it for far longer and can shed some light on some tips that they have picked up.

PS- If you only have the main and offhand since its your offspec the 2 and 4 piece are pretty significant for both infil and balance and I would expect you would see moderately better numbers with them.

Edited by mmerry

Yeah that's exactly the way I play it, like verbatim.

Must just be a gear thing, I play all 3 specs for raids (18/0/28 spread and shred) full balance and full infiltration

But since balance is the heavy hitter for most fights my gear is more suited for that ( more crit than would be optimal for infiltration) and I'm in just 69's since I main spec a tank so all 72's and 75's go to that set. Ty for the response

If I ever needed proof that luck does not favor me for cold start parses, this would be it.

First 5 minutes are terrible, but I still get to 2850 after 10. Ark, Loufucai, I shall concede this one to you guys until I get my 75s. :(

But they'll also get 75s :p:D

I'm hilariously having trouble trying to beat my Assault parse... as Gunnery

I'm sure I can sleep peacefully in the knowledge that no one is going to touch me in assault but I need to tweak my gunnery approach.

Edited by Gyronamics

Was the leaderboard not fully updated, or was I just missed out? I see Fascinate got missed as arsenal merc as well. Here it is in case it was missed, and if it wasn't, I'll delete this. (Sorry)

Knopik

Mercenary

Arsenal - 6/36/4

http://www.torparse.com/a/286373/time/1371190904/1371191206/0/Overview

I know I can do better, I missed 2 cooldowns due to lag in that parse....gonna keep trying to break that 3k.

But they'll also get 75s :p:D

I'm hilariously having trouble trying to beat my Assault parse... as Gunnery

I'm sure I can sleep peacefully in the knowledge that no one is going to touch me in assault but I need to tweak my gunnery approach.

I'm gonna try just for a challenge! hehe...what do I need to beat?

Edit: oh i see it, 2806, challenge accepted!

Edited by odawgg

There's my dummy bashing buddy, c'mon break 3k before you get more gear...gogogogogo :)

Man....get me an UW relic, UW implant to replace the crafted one and 2 pieces of set gear (playing with 2 piece bonus now T___T )

and i'll break 3k ... ;)

And yes, that's a statement. Not theory :)

Edited by Knopik

Man....get me an UW relic, UW implant to replace the crafted one and 2 pieces of set gear (playing with 2 piece bonus now T___T )

and i'll break 3k ... ;)

And yes, that's a statement. Not theory :)

hehe i have no doubt you will especially with the set bonus.

ot:

darn mercs .. papa you are already neck and neck with marauder and sniper and top in op ix due to your burst on adds and instant DFA on the add spawns where as sniper orbital takes 4 seconds to hit and by the time it ticks all the adds are dead :mad::mad::mad:

:D

Edited by paowee

This, we got old 4pc or new 4pc as options...-8 heat to rail shot or 8% damage boost to rail shot

The plot thickens somewhat more since old set requires a mainstat loss and in each further upgrade it grows.

16x4 vs Underworld = 64 aim lost

24x4 vs Kell Dragon = 96 aim lost

Firing Railshot and gaining action points is an easily included rotation attack.

Firing Railshot and losing action points is much less attractive.

The main difference is new set boosts Pyro and is negative for Arsenal

The old set boosts Arsenal and is pointless for Pyro.

The elephant in the room is that Pyro is STILL inferior in every scenario with the new set bonus.

There's some kind of petty agenda going on which states that whatever else, Arsenal has to have all the useful talents plus the better damage. Reality is both Pyro and Arsenal are heavy casters but only one of them has the talent tree to support it.

Fiddling the set bonus to marginally boost Pyro was a waste of time, boost wasn't big enough and the lousy talents it has mean it gets ignored hugely in PVE and PVP.

Edited by Gyronamics

The plot thickens somewhat more since old set requires a mainstat loss and in each further upgrade it grows.

28x4 vs Underworld = 112 aim lost

36x4 vs Kell Dragon = 144 aim lost

you can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's 16*4 = 64 for UW and 24*4 = 96 for Kell?

Edit: yeah i just double checked...Dread has 72 mainstat, UW 88 and KD 96...I'm still taking reduced cost on rail shot, so much easier IMO

Edited by odawgg