DPS Leaderboard 2.0+

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and why are they not cleaning out the parses with less then 300secs? they shouldn't even show up in the first place. same with dying and rezzing. in boss fights.

didn't look through all of them to see which ones were under the time frames, but I suggest you to knock'em off the list by beating them :)

Actually, I've been meaning to ask how you all finish combat (without dying) on the training dummy right after you use your last ability. And while I'm in the mood to ask questions, is there any precedence for crit rating on Kell Dragon tier gear for Gunnery/Arsenal?

I see all the mercs/commandos are Arsenal/Gunnery, how far behind is Pyrotech/Assault(?)? Arsenal so far(lvl 46) feels clunky compared to Pyro for me, I'd rather play Pyro at 55 if it's not drastically behind.

I play arsenal, I've dabbled in pyro, so take this with grain of salt, but I think it's at least reasonably accurate.

There are fights where Pyro can be used without problem, generally fights where target switching is not prominent, such as Thrasher, Cartel Warlords etc. Pyro is very DoT heavy and receives buffs in raid, whereas Arsenal gets all it's buffs (other than bloodthirst) on the dummy so that's why you won't see pyro topping dummy charts. If you're looking for overall highest dps output on average in end game PVE, Arsenal is going to come out on top, more so on some fights than others (rather significant on some fights TBH). On fights such as Thrasher, as long as you're tunneling the boss, it could be argued pyro can pull higher numbers factoring in armor debuff and sub-30% burn.

In summary, Arsenal is much burstier, higher overall dps when factoring in all fights, and has a needed armor debuff to allow the other dps to maximize their individual dps = better raid utility in this way. Pyro has a bit higher AoE (I think) and is more mobile. However mobility in end-game PVE is rarely an issue as long as you're anticipating movement properly with positioning.

As for PVP, I cannot answer this since I don't play it. Hope that helps, I'm sure Gyro (much more experienced in pyro) can/will chime in with his two cents.

By happy coincidence the board was updated with my highest Assault/Pyro parse recently.

The main thing I am forever mentioning as odawgg brought up is that a dummy really sucks for Pyro parses just like it sucks for Assassin parses.

The sub 30% damage boost is abysmal for Pyro because DoT damage is about 15%, that getting boosted by 30% for 30% of a bosses health is a complete waste of text talking about it.

No, the real deal is the armour debuff which boosts you by about 150-200dps if looked at on a dummy parse.

Arsenal gains next to nothing in a raid, Pyro gains from the armour debuff and also from any elemental dots that other classes put up.

Pyro gains 9% damage on ranged damage and the DoT allows railshot to vent 8 heat. The important bit is that it doesn't have to be your own elemental DoT.

This means that if you are stuck between hitting your 6s regen window (when railshot will proc and you can vent 8 heat) or refreshing a DoT you can concentrate on the casting because someone else is keeping a burn going that you can use.

Anyway in numbers, going through SV HM 8M with it I managed:

1968dps on Dash'roode

2352dps on Titan 6

Estimated 2300 give or take 100dps on Thrasher because the fight bugged with immortal snipers at end and I'm not uploading it again for an exact figure.

Operations Chief was done as Gunnery due to having to solo a team myself with a healer (Gunnery > Assault if you are alone with no other buffs) however looking back it would still be doable as Pyro.

1826 on Olok

2633 on the cartel warlords aka set of 4 combat dummies. All solo target none of this crap of AOEing all 4 to fluff the dps meter.

2472 on the clear of Styrak but I screwed that a bit. First try we wiped in enrage but my control was much better, did 2579 that time.

Its all in this log here: http://www.torparse.com/a/272581

Since then I've upgraded mainhand to 72 and gained about a dozen power from a small upgrade.

Pyro is more fiddly, reliant on team buffs and squishier than Arsenal (which has useful defensive talents coming out of its ears).

It's viable in DPS yes but it's more of a luxury choice than because it's got an advantage.

If the raid has no snipers or juggs you as a responsible raider need to be specced as Gunnery to give an armour debuff to everyone.

You can have 3 marauders with you but all their bloodthirst is a pathetic boost compared to how much dps an armour debuff brings.

Yes I did randomly swap between imp and rep names now that I'm re-reading it :p

Edited by Gyronamics

By happy coincidence the board was updated with my highest Assault/Pyro parse recently.

The main thing I am forever mentioning as odawgg brought up is that a dummy really sucks for Pyro parses just like it sucks for Assassin parses.

The sub 30% damage boost is abysmal for Pyro because DoT damage is about 15%, that getting boosted by 30% for 30% of a bosses health is a complete waste of text talking about it.

No, the real deal is the armour debuff which boosts you by about 150-200dps if looked at on a dummy parse.

Arsenal gains next to nothing in a raid, Pyro gains from the armour debuff and also from any elemental dots that other classes put up.

Pyro gains 9% damage on ranged damage and the DoT allows railshot to vent 8 heat. The important bit is that it doesn't have to be your own elemental DoT.

This means that if you are stuck between hitting your 6s regen window (when railshot will proc and you can vent 8 heat) or refreshing a DoT you can concentrate on the casting because someone else is keeping a burn going that you can use.

Anyway in numbers, going through SV HM 8M with it I managed:

1968dps on Dash'roode

2352dps on Titan 6

Estimated 2300 give or take 100dps on Thrasher because the fight bugged with immortal snipers at end and I'm not uploading it again for an exact figure.

Operations Chief was done as Gunnery due to having to solo a team myself with a healer (Gunnery > Assault if you are alone with no other buffs) however looking back it would still be doable as Pyro.

1826 on Olok

2633 on the cartel warlords aka set of 4 combat dummies. All solo target none of this crap of AOEing all 4 to fluff the dps meter.

2472 on the clear of Styrak but I screwed that a bit. First try we wiped in enrage but my control was much better, did 2579 that time.

Its all in this log here: http://www.torparse.com/a/272581

Since then I've upgraded mainhand to 72 and gained about a dozen power from a small upgrade.

Pyro is more fiddly, reliant on team buffs and squishier than Arsenal (which has useful defensive talents coming out of its ears).

It's viable in DPS yes but it's more of a luxury choice than because it's got an advantage.

If the raid has no snipers or juggs you as a responsible raider need to be specced as Gunnery to give an armour debuff to everyone.

You can have 3 marauders with you but all their bloodthirst is a pathetic boost compared to how much dps an armour debuff brings.

Yes I did randomly swap between imp and rep names now that I'm re-reading it :p

I'd mainly be doing HM FPs with my IRL friends and the occasional SM queue. I'd be the only BH, but we have a Juggernaut tanking. So, it would seem Pyro is completely doable then?

I'd mainly be doing HM FPs with my IRL friends and the occasional SM queue. I'd be the only BH, but we have a Juggernaut tanking. So, it would seem Pyro is completely doable then?

Yeah for FP and SM it's totally doable.

If your jugg keeps an armour debuff up you'll do the same as arsenal.

Edited by Gyronamics

Actually, I've been meaning to ask how you all finish combat (without dying) on the training dummy right after you use your last ability. And while I'm in the mood to ask questions, is there any precedence for crit rating on Kell Dragon tier gear for Gunnery/Arsenal?

i think there's a few people who have outlined how to edit your logs in the recent pages so you can end combat wherever you want....I'll be updating my thread found in my signature probably this weekend with the new tier of gear and stat goals...just plugged in some stats to Keren's simulator to see the crit/power goal and if I recall correctly it's similar to it is now, crit rating from 0-200ish looking like the goal, but I'll do some more in depth studies soon! I want to say that a little bit of crit, maybe even as high as 250 will be the goal, but again I need to review it.

I was checking with Assault and dps peaked at 217 crit for me.

Not parsed, theoretical.

Looking at differences of 0.1% plus or minus a mod from that so there's plenty of leeway when remodding.

Yeah i just ran some simulations on arsenal/gunnery and it's like 2 dps difference between 0 and 225 crit. 225 crit being the 2 dps gain lol.

Obadose: Mercenary Arsenal 6/36/4 - 2814

http://www.torparse.com/a/285435/time/1371161874/1371162194/0/Overview

For an idea of my gear is i only need one more Underworld relic and implants and Ear other than that everything is 72's running the all power stats for now ill be updating this again once i get get 75's

Edited by BigjoeHoe

Obadose: Mercenary Arsenal 6/36/4 - 2814

http://www.torparse.com/a/285435/time/1371161874/1371162194/0/Overview

For an idea of my gear is i only need one more Underworld relic and implants and Ear other than that everything is 72's running the all power stats for now ill be updating this again once i get get 75's

You must have uploaded or linked the wrong log, that one shows 2808 (if counting at the point you last did damage).

You must have uploaded or linked the wrong log, that one shows 2808 (if counting at the point you last did damage).

**** i was trying to cut off the last few seconds of downtime so yeah i musta messd up on the link so i think im just gonna re do the parse again and upload thanks

2896.74 http://www.torparse.com/a/286506/time/1371199655/1371199993/0/Overview 36/8/2 watchman sent

I made a ton of errors, so I'll be reposting in a few days.

Apparently there was some weird crap going on w/ that log. trimmed w/o an end to combat somehow. Here's the same segment from a much larger log file. http://www.torparse.com/a/286547/time/1371199655/1371199993/0/Overview

Edited by Feindseligkeit

Bednica

Character Class: Operative

Character Spec: 3/6/37

Torparse Link: 2968.96

AMR Profile*: n/a

Half of the stuff is BiS 72 (some are BiS 69 and even 2 ench 66).

Got 2/4 PVE healing bonus amd 2/4 PVP Orbital bonus

Gotta hit that 3k mark with 72 BiS