Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Legacy-wide cartel market items announced.

Did i understand this correctly, at all?

You are only charged CC if you want to make some items ACCOUNT-wide, correct?

What about just legacy-wide? Is there some kind of charge for that too?

Account > legacy lol. Sorry man, I couldn't change the thread title after 20 minutes I think.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe it or not, what would seem like a simple hood toggle is a lot more complicated. You have to reitemize every single hooded gearpiece to allow for it to be switchable before you can even command it to do so. so the art department has to find all hooded gear pieces, make sure each has both options availible (hood up and hood down) scripts have to be made for each piece, and then the UI has to have a separate one.

This permission just allows you to clone a piece of gear you already own. Much faster and easier.

Based on how gear is in this game. i am assuming that instead of there just being a model for the gear and they could separate the hood and make an up and down model. This is all done manually.

I can't guarantee it but judging it looks like they take a concrete model and put the art on it. Instead of creating a fluid piece of armor (would act like fabric where it would be able to drape over the player).

If it was fluid creating the hood toggle would be easier. But if it is how I think it is. They have to put resources to editing every single piece that has a hood to add either the hood down or the hood up design.

That is no where near the over 1000+ coins normal we see for a new suit of armor in the Cartel Market. It makes one think about the Prices of things in the Cartel Market and is it really worth it.

When I bought this game I was not expecting that I would need to pay around $10 for every new suit of armor that gets added to the game. That is what the game is turning out like. Sure this new feature of unlocking these items account wide is going to save us a little money, but we still have to pay that $10 to get the armor in the first place then a fee on top of that to unlock it account wide. This game is becoming way more expensive than it should be.

You know you don't have to buy EVERYTHING they add to the Cartel Market, right? :rolleyes:

All armor sets are vanity items. They add nothing to your stats. They are now giving you the option to -essentially- make them account wide, just as people have been asking for. Go check the suggestions forum or just search here - people have been saying they are willing to pay more to make their items legacy-wide.

They did one better by making them account-wide.

Seriously, what is there to complain about?

Edited by TheNahash

I applaud the developers for taking a step in the right direction. However, their competition still does it better (cosmetic unlocks goto all characters without a fee; see another F2P game DC Universe Online). I am however, happy that this is being implemented.

Oh wow, this looks quite amazing. As an alt-aholic who is very finicky about my character's appearances, between this and the appearance customization kiosk, I will be set! This should also make a re-rolling characters a lot less painful. :)

Based on how gear is in this game. i am assuming that instead of there just being a model for the gear and they could separate the hood and make an up and down model. This is all done manually.

I can't guarantee it but judging it looks like they take a concrete model and put the art on it. Instead of creating a fluid piece of armor (would act like fabric where it would be able to drape over the player).

If it was fluid creating the hood toggle would be easier. But if it is how I think it is. They have to put resources to editing every single piece that has a hood to add either the hood down or the hood up design.

Pretty much what I was getting at. Every item has to be edited before the toggle could be implemented. some items will be easier as they go "hood down" after certain helmets are worn (Revan's chestpiece...when it doesn't double hood), but others are always hood up (eradicators chest).

I just hope this will not lead to stupidities like Legacy datacrons for lazy people...

I want Legacy Datacrons. It`s a pain to get 69 datacrons on 5 different toons. I can`t imagine what`s it`s like for the people with 16 55s.

I want Legacy Datacrons. It`s a pain to get 69 datacrons on 5 different toons. I can`t imagine what`s it`s like for the people with 16 55s.

OT you essentially track down the ones that benefit your class. So, in other words, my Sith Assassin went after Endurance and Willpower. Skipping the Aim & Cunning. However, both my Bounty Hunter & Trooper tracked them all down (the codex's tell one of the coolest stories in the game in my opinion, and it takes both, Empire & Republic, to be able to read it all---swapping back and forth---to read it as it plays out).

After I unlock it... can I sell the original? What if I bought an outfit and already sold part of it, can I only unlock the stuff I still have?

good question. I think you will need to move the original into collection where it might get bound. prolyl gotta read

I wonder if the CM dye packs will work with this? If so, I can see the CM will only stock the common colours. The ones that people most want will either be CE (which would suck if they cant be on-sold) or they will be random drops (even worse if they are random pvp drops).

Cheers

Bruce

After I unlock it... can I sell the original? What if I bought an outfit and already sold part of it, can I only unlock the stuff I still have?

If you sold part of it then that part was never bound to you so it's not in your collection.

Once you have bound an item on a character, it becomes unlocked in your Collection and you can create unlimited copies for that character. It is only the account-wide access unlock that costs Cartel Coins. For pack items, the Cartel Coin cost is based on item rarity, and ranges from 60 to 600 CC. For direct-sale items, the unlock fee is a fraction of the item’s base price.

Will this just be limited to cartel items? or can i use this for any item? Cause that would really be Bada** if i can get my merc in the 40 pvp trooper gear :D

Entire 2.1 is the cartel market patch. So yeh, only cartel market items.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

will this include all cartel mini pets to be legacy shared?

I havent bothered to buy any pets because spending that much money on just one pet for one character is not worth it, but if all of my seven alts have access to shared pets then it wont be so bad.

Huh. Seems interesting. Makes me wonder how it'll affect the market, though; will players be less inclined to open up huge batches of packs? Or will it actually inspire others to spend *more*? Either way, it's great to see such a fantastic quality-of-life addition!

Any word on when 2.1 will be, btw?

Huh. Seems interesting. Makes me wonder how it'll affect the market, though; will players be less inclined to open up huge batches of packs? Or will it actually inspire others to spend *more*? Either way, it's great to see such a fantastic quality-of-life addition!

Any word on when 2.1 will be, btw?

Pretty much, man. You won't need as many items as you used to. Expect that there will be more packs rather than individual items sold. Current stuff should get cheap but future pack content might actually get expensive.

Entire 2.1 is the cartel market patch. So yeh, only cartel market items.

Pretty much.. if only something was free for subscribers in there.

Remind me why do i pay a sub? Credit cap? That's it at this point.

Edited by ElitehunterDS

Pretty much.. if only something was free for subscribers in there.

Remind me why do i pay a sub? Credit cap? That's it at this point.

Unlimited raids, flashpoints and pvp, more character slots... But beside it? Hm... Not even content updates are included in the price anymore, eh?

If anyone who knows any information about this, please respond:

If I bought an armor piece (particularly Revan's Mask) with Cartel Market Certificates, will it still be unlocked in my Collections UI?

Thanks,

~Practel

If anyone who knows any information about this, please respond:

If I bought an armor piece (particularly Revan's Mask) with Cartel Market Certificates, will it still be unlocked in my Collections UI?

Thanks,

~Practel

Now that is a good question.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.